• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mage Beyond Popstar - Support Magolor for Sm4sh DLC!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight Great moveset, though maybe the Special Abilities from Kirby's Return to Dreamland could be Smashes.
Then you can use Side B for another attack, preferably one from Marx or another Magolor clone.

You could've snucked in some more references, to other bosses and his own bossfight.
The Apple Juggle, some effects based on the warped space time from the Black Hole Star, the vines/spikes, portals.

Now there's only blue energy.
Rosalina got away with using Galaxies in all of her attacks, but that is because she had Luma as her gimmick.

Really original to make him a lightweight trickster mage and you chose great Specials though.

10/10 would Magolor again.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight Great moveset, though maybe the Special Abilities from Kirby's Return to Dreamland could be Smashes.
Then you can use Side B for another attack, preferably one from Marx or another Magolor clone.

You could've snucked in some more references, to other bosses and his own bossfight.
The Apple Juggle, some effects based on the warped space time from the Black Hole Star, the vines/spikes, portals.

Now there's only blue energy.
Rosalina got away with using Galaxies in all of her attacks, but that is because she had Luma as her gimmick.

Really original to make him a lightweight trickster mage and you chose great Specials though.

10/10 would Magolor again.
Thanks!

You've got a pretty good point with those suggestions. Something that's only just now occurring to me that would've been an ideal up smash is the rose vine attack from Marx's battle. He could reach his hand to the ground while charging and then thrust it upward, a wicked-looking thorny vine following his hand and rising high into the air, though not quite as high as Palutena's up smash.

I'm tempted to go back and edit this into the movest, along with any other ideas that pop into my head thanks to your suggestions, but I think I'll just leave it be for now. This is but one of my theoretical movesets, with hopefully more to come in the near future. I'll remember to put it in the next one. Maybe it will put emphasis on how he represents that vein of Kirby bosses.

Thanks again, and thanks everyone else for your support! :grin:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because Adobe thought it was a good idea to not wait any longer, I will whip up something for Magolor this evening. So be prepared for some great Popstar propaganda out of me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright, he's what I've done so far despite my busy day fe past few hours. I've went with the CROWNED subtitle while mentioning his role as the captain of the Lor Starcutter and m nod to the collectible Energy Spheres. The background I've went with since something to reference his role in Return to Dreamland along with the 3D Puzzle that featured him messing around with Kirby and friends. Any criticism is appreciated and fixes will be done tomorrow since I'm already behind on my writing schedule.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Alright, he's what I've done so far despite my busy day fe past few hours. I've went with the CROWNED subtitle while mentioning his role as the captain of the Lor Starcutter and m nod to the collectible Energy Spheres. The background I've went with since something to reference his role in Return to Dreamland along with the 3D Puzzle that featured him messing around with Kirby and friends. Any criticism is appreciated and fixes will be done tomorrow since I'm already behind on my writing schedule.

Looks real nice! Also, nice referencing of Magolor's role in Kirby Returns to Dream Land!

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

It's... it's...
It's BEAUTIFUL!

(sorry, I just really love this gif.)

Putting this in the OP right now. Thanks again, AW! :grin:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I've had a bunch of ideas for another hypothetical moveset. It'll probably build off of a lot of the ideas I had in the previous moveset I made, possibly even taking ideas from the one before that, but not without originality. I'll see if I can write it up today. I expect today to be a busy one, however, so if not today, then expect it tomorrow or the day after.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Now that I look back at this, I seriously need to start spreading it soon. Got to spread that Magolor goodness if his fans will ever support him more.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Now that I look back at this, I seriously need to start spreading it soon. Got to spread that Magolor goodness if his fans will ever support him more.
You wouldn't mind if I added it to the twitter page right?

Also for Magolor's potential, I had a idea, maybe Magolor could make miniature versions of the portals he uses in his boss-fight, except instead of being simply a recovery, he can place these anywhere and anything can warp through them, enemies, projectiles, and even smash attacks if they have enough range. I think that would certainly be more than enough to make him unique. Good idea or bad idea?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Also for Magolor's potential, I had a idea, maybe Magolor could make miniature versions of the portals he uses in his boss-fight, except instead of being simply a recovery, he can place these anywhere and anything can warp through them, enemies, projectiles, and even smash attacks if they have enough range. I think that would certainly be more than enough to make him unique. Good idea or bad idea?
Great minds think alike I guess, I got this idea too.
He can even use it as a semi-Luma by transforming it in the Black Hole Star Vacuum or let it spawn projectiles of its own, MechaKoopa style.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Sure you can, the fans of the page would probably love to see it.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

Great minds think alike I guess, I got this idea too.
He can even use it as a semi-Luma by transforming it in the Black Hole Star Vacuum or let it spawn projectiles of its own, MechaKoopa style.
Will consider putting this in the upcoming moveset.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
How do you smash boards?
Simple!

Create your account! Preferably provide your 3DS Friend Code and Nintendo Network ID, if you have either, so people you meet can play duh gaymz wichyoo. You can type both of them up in the appropriate boxes when you edit your profile.

Join communities with like-minded people! You can search thread titles for threads discussing topics you're interested in. The best threads to join for general discussion and friend-making are character general discussions. You can find me at the Robin Social Thread, if you have trouble getting on your feet. That shouldn't be a problem, however; I assume that you came here to meet with like-minded people for the discussion of our patron wizard's potential inclusion. If you'd like to give your support, just tell me, and I'll add you to the support list!

Make friends so you can destroy them! In Smash of course.

Discuss your thoughts! Share your ideas!

Welcome to Smashboards, and have a swell time! And remember: if you run into issues with other people, settle it in Smash!

Last edited:

ketchupcat

Smash Rookie
I still need to play Return to Dream Land. I'm ashamed of myself...
They've actually explained a bit about what happened to Magolor after RtDL. Satoshi Ishida from HAL said that "After roaming around the dimension beyond space and time, he might've found an exit". Magolor has also gotten into building theme parks, and actually worked on the park where Dedede's Drum Dash takes place.
The post is here:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHiXcn9bFw

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
They've actually explained a bit about what happened to Magolor after RtDL. Satoshi Ishida from HAL said that "After roaming around the dimension beyond space and time, he might've found an exit". Magolor has also gotten into building theme parks, and actually worked on the park where Dedede's Drum Dash takes place.
The post is here:
Very interesting. I've always heard people complain about the lack of explanation for Magolor's return. Clearly, somebody's not doing their homework. :laugh:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The post is here:
So that's what happened to him...Well, I guess he truly is trying to make up for everything he did in KRtD after all.

Pancakes-Butters

Smash Rookie
Simple!

Create your account! Preferably provide your 3DS Friend Code and Nintendo Network ID, if you have either, so people you meet can play duh gaymz wichyoo. You can type both of them up in the appropriate boxes when you edit your profile.

Join communities with like-minded people! You can search thread titles for threads discussing topics you're interested in. The best threads to join for general discussion and friend-making are character general discussions. You can find me at the Robin Social Thread, if you have trouble getting on your feet. That shouldn't be a problem, however; I assume that you came here to meet with like-minded people for the discussion of our patron wizard's potential inclusion. If you'd like to give your support, just tell me, and I'll add you to the support list!

Make friends so you can destroy them! In Smash of course.

Discuss your thoughts! Share your ideas!

Welcome to Smashboards, and have a swell time! And remember: if you run into issues with other people, settle it in Smash!
mk.

Magolor is best Kirby character.

I likes to Super Smash Bros.

Last edited by a moderator:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Magolor is best Kirby character.
I suppose I should've said that posting a separate post that ends up directly beneath one of your own posts within twenty minutes of the first post is considered "double posting." You don't want to do that. No worries, though; you're new here, so it's no big deal. :grin:

If you need to say something and nobody else is posting after you, then just edit it into the first post, or you could wait for someone else to post.

So. Should I add you to the support list?

Pancakes-Butters

Smash Rookie
I suppose I should've said that posting a separate post that ends up directly beneath one of your own posts within twenty minutes of the first post is considered "double posting." You don't want to do that. No worries, though; you're new here, so it's no big deal. :grin:

If you need to say something and nobody else is posting after you, then just edit it into the first post, or you could wait for someone else to post.

So. Should I add you to the support list?

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Sorry the moveset hasn't come up yet. The week turned out far more busy that anticipated; I've barely been able to pop here on Smashboards. I'll try to gitterdun this weekend, but I can't promise anything at this point. Stay tuned. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You guys would be so happy once you manage to take a look at the popularity Magolor has in Japan now that PDI is down with his results. He's even in the Top 10 with guys like Snake and the Inklings, as well as his good old friend Bandanna Dee. Good to see that Japan's tastes in characters are a bit different than ours.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
You guys would be so happy once you manage to take a look at the popularity Magolor has in Japan now that PDI is down with his results. He's even in the Top 10 with guys like Snake and the Inklings, as well as his good old friend Bandanna Dee. Good to see that Japan's tastes in characters are a bit different than ours.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/
I'm glad to here there's hope despite my procrastination. :awesome:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I must apologize for being too occupied this past week to come up with that promised moveset. I've been meaning to take some time out of my busy schedule to type it up, but I found my schedule was too tight to stretch at all. As the ballot draws near it's conclusion, however, my excitement begins to rise, and my creative initiative with it. During these past two days, I've had loads of cool and unique ideas I'd like to share in the form of a hypothetical moveset for Magolor.

Overview
This moveset is more of a follow-up of previous movesets I've made, especially the last one. I think the trickster aesthetic and the mind game-centric playstyle is the best way to pull Magolor. In accordance with these, he'd be somewhat slow with the walking speed, moderately fast in his dash, and would have lofty jumps and a fast falling speed. Most of his attacks will lunge him in the direction of input to allow for more confusing gameplay.

This time, however, I'd like to include more references to his roots as well as previous Kirby bosses and copy abilities, mostly the former. I think the best way to pull Magolor in Smash, at least in the context of what he would represent, is to make him use moves commonly used by other Kirby final bosses. Let's begin, shall we.

Grounded Moves

:GCA:
I think the basic flurry-punisher is in order. I was thinking he might could use something from Beam Kirby's moveset, but decided on something more original: he simply waves his hands, once and then again, and finally doing so in a rapid flurry of motion. When he does so, small black hole-like stars are emitted. They don't travel far, nor do they deal a whole lot of damage, but are effective when Magolor needs to discipline the opponent.

:GCR::GCA:
Magolor swings his hand, starting up high and bringing it towards the ground in an arc. This move also lunges forward slightly. It has decent knockback and is useful as a spacing or zoning move. It also leaves a trail that can still hit a little while after the attack. The trail has a shimmering or reflective appearance. For those of you who haven't figured it out, (it's OK, it's not that obvious,) this moves is based on Mirror Cut, Mirror Kirby's regular attack. This is a good nod, as Mirror Kirby has always given the impression of a mage or trickster, both aesthetics also applying to Magolor.

:GCD::GCA:
Magolor lunges forward slightly in a swing that's similar to his forward-tilt, only lunging slightly farther and the hitbox isn't quite as large. It leaves a trail of slightly blue-ish sparkles. Like this move in my previous moveset, it has a spike at the very bottom. It doesn't have as much knockback as the forward-tilt either, so it can't really be called an effective spacer.

:GCU::GCA:
Magolor shoves his hand upward and releases a thin but far reaching electric beam. This moves is primarily based on Thunderbolt, used by Spark Kirby in Return to Dreamland, but it doesn't work exactly the same. It doesn't reach nearly as far, nor does it come out all at once. It's not really all that effective with juggling, but it can be used to keep an opponent from returning to the ground, thus extending aerial combos dramatically.

:GCR::GCR::GCA:
As per the norm with Magolor movesets, not just the ones made by me, this move is based on his swirling spin attack from Dream Collection. As with the previous moveset, it starts quickly and is extremely trappy with good knockback at the end, making it a good aerial combo initiator, but also has a lot of end lag for a dash attack, making it very punishable.

Aerials

:GCX::GCA:

In this move, he releases a wave of distorted space-time that deals minor damage. In place of knockback, this move has a strong "pushing" effect akin to that in front of Palutena's forward smash or above Mr Game & Watch's up-aerial. This move helps give him momentum in his aerial combos as well as gives him a good aerial zoner.

:GCX::GCR::GCA:
Magolor lunges forward slightly and swings a smaller version of the Ultra Galaxia he used in his boss fight. Has decent knockback, but is primarily a combo tool.

:GCX::GCL::GCA:
Magolor throws back a few of those daggers like the ones Marx uses in his boss fight. This move is really trappy for an aerial. It also has good reach and knockback, making it a deadly kill move at reasonably high percentages.

:GCX::GCD::GCA:
He lunges downward slightly in a strange, warping motion then pops right back to his position at the start of the move. I guess it could have a spike, but I don't think it's necessary; this move is primarily a combo tool, which I understand is uncommon for D-airs. This move is somewhat based on Mirror Body, yet another move used by Mirror Kirby.

:GCX::GCU::GCA:
He sends a small blue Monster Flame, like the ones in his boss fight, straight upward. This move travels somewhat far, but doesn't have enough knockback to be a decent finisher. It would also have a bit of end-lag, making it insufficient as a juggler as well, but it would be valuable in adding more momentum to aerial combos.

Grab Game

:GCZ:

His grab range will be decent, as he retains his sucking effect from the previous moveset. When he gets ahold of the opponent, they will be suspended in space time, apparently frozen, and surrounded by a strange blue energy. :troll:

:GCZ::GCA:
The field sustained by Magolor contracts, dealing damage. A somewhat slow jab.

:GCZ::GCR:
He pulls the opponent towards his hand, then blasts them out with an energy beam. This is a decent combo tool, and puts some space between Magolor and the opponent. This move is based on Beam Kirby's Capture Beam.

:GCZ::GCL:
Magolor swings the opponent behind him and creates an explosion of energy in the same swift motion. It doesn't have that much knockback for a B-throw, but it has enough to be considered his kill throw.

:GCZ::GCD:
He lifts the opponent up and out of the field, and slams them against the ground. The best combo throw, especially at higher percentages.

:GCZ::GCU:
Grabs the opponent out of the field, and warps with them straight upward. The warp will look just like his D-air. He will then quickly warp back, this time without the opponent in hand. This will send the opponent a decent distance upward.

Specials

:GCB:

Magolor would create a mid-sized, star-shaped portal in front of him. Tilting the control stick while holding down the button will cause the portal to face the direction of input. Letting go fixes the portal firmly in place. The portals last for about fifteen seconds, and up to two portals can be active at any time; creating a new one while two are already in existence will cause the oldest one to disappear. When you enter a portal when only one made by a particular player is there, then it will cause you to come out facing the opposite direction. A single portal basically acts as a reflector. When a specific player has two portals active, however, anyone or anything that enters one will come out of the other. The direction one comes out facing is the same as the direction the player who created it was pointing the control stick at the moment of creation. This move is highly strategic and allows for endless possibilities.

:GCR::GCB:
This is just the up-special from my last moveset. I really like this move; I think it's unique ands suits Magolor and his playstyle very well. A dashing move where Magolor sends a fake copy of himself ahead of him before dashing ahead himself. The copy will disappear into blue dust after the move ends or if it gets hit. This move can be angled. Also, double tapping at the start of the move will cause himself to be sent ahead before the fake copy, making this move the best as far as tricking your opponent goes.

:GCD::GCB:
Same as the down special from my last moveset. This move is awesome. You can't deny. Magolor quickly pops into the ground as a shadow. The player can move him in shadow form. Releasing the button causes him to burst out of the ground in a single frame, launching any opponent caught above the move, making it deadly as well as unpredictable. It has a lot of end-lag, however, and launches Magolor high into the air and leaves him in a helpess state, making it his most punishable moves as well as his most deadly.

:GCU::GCB:
This is the up special from one of my oldest movesets. I've thought about it, and I think this move has outstanding potential. Magolor creates a mirror above him, or wherever the control stick is pointed, and warps to the other side of it, also reversing his position with anyone or anything caught above him, making this move an extremely deadly offstage punisher. It can be used for a variety of other things as well.

Smashes
:GCCR:
In the first stage of this attack, when it's being charged, Magolor will be holding his hands in front of him. Directly in front of his hands, a spinning circular symbol surrounded by smaller triangular symbols appearing to radiate out from it, the same symbol that appears before he uses his black hole attack in his boss fight, will appear the moment the move begins to charge. When the button is released, Magolor will draw both hands behind him, a portal sizing up to take the place of the symbol as he does so. As the portal quickly appears, increasing in size from nothingness, it will have a sucking effect. When the portal reaches prime size, Magolor will thrust both hands in front of him, and a massive spike will burst out of the star shaped portal. Anybody caught in the sucking stage will be drawn back to the sweetspot, taking extra knockback. This move has a slow startup and is extremely punishable, but has immense range for a smash.

:GCCU:
He causes a large spikey branch covered in roses to burst out of the ground, quickly going straight upward. This will have about as much knockback you'd expect from a U-smash, but it would be deadly because of it's range. It wouldn't have quite as much range as Palutena's U-smash, however.

:GCCD:
Magolor calls forth his Frost Grand Hammer and slams it against the ground, ice spikes bursting out of the point of impact at a low angle. The spikes themselves would be rooted to the ground the moment they appear, and wouldn't reach very far. However, this move will also send out an icy wind at the moment of impact, pushing opponents out at a reasonable speed, making this move an effective spacer.

Final Smash

Magolor creates a massive black hole at the point where the attack was triggered, potentially donning the master crown prior to doing so. Anybody caught in the black hole will be teleported to a realm of infinite destruction, take a butt-load of damage, and then be spat out by the shrinking black hole. This final smash is a nod to an attack used by both him and Marx.

Well? Did I do good? Do I deserve a treat? :awesome: Let me know!

Last edited:
I must apologize for being too occupied this past week to come up with that promised moveset. I've been meaning to take some time out of my busy schedule to type it up, but I found my schedule was too tight to stretch at all. As the ballot draws near it's conclusion, however, my excitement begins to rise, and my creative initiative with it. During these past two days, I've had loads of cool and unique ideas I'd like to share in the form of a hypothetical moveset for Magolor.

Overview
This moveset is more of a follow-up of previous movesets I've made, especially the last one. I think the trickster aesthetic and the mind game-centric playstyle is the best way to pull Magolor. In accordance with these, he'd be somewhat slow with the walking speed, moderately fast in his dash, and would have lofty jumps and a fast falling speed. Most of his attacks will lunge him in the direction of input to allow for more confusing gameplay.

This time, however, I'd like to include more references to his roots as well as previous Kirby bosses and copy abilities, mostly the former. I think the best way to pull Magolor in Smash, at least in the context of what he would represent, is to make him use moves commonly used by other Kirby final bosses. Let's begin, shall we.

Grounded Moves

:GCA:
I think the basic flurry-punisher is in order. I was thinking he might could use something from Beam Kirby's moveset, but decided on something more original: he simply waves his hands, once and then again, and finally doing so in a rapid flurry of motion. When he does so, small black hole-like stars are emitted. They don't travel far, nor do they deal a whole lot of damage, but are effective when Magolor needs to discipline the opponent.

:GCR::GCA:
Magolor waves swings his hand, starting up high and bringing it towards the ground in an arc. This move also lunges forward slightly. It has decent knockback and is useful as a spacing or zoning move. It also leaves a trail that can still hit a little while after the attack. The trail has a shimmering or reflective appearance. For those of you who haven't figured it out, (it's OK, it's not that obvious,) this moves is based on Mirror Cut, Mirror Kirby's regular attack. This is a good nod, as Mirror Kirby has always given the impression of a mage or trickster, both aesthetics also applying to Magolor.

:GCD::GCA:
Magolor lunges forward slightly in a swing that's similar to his forward-tilt, only lunging slightly farther and the hitbox isn't quite as large. It leaves a trail of slightly blue-ish sparkles. Like this move in my previous moveset, it has a spike at the veyr bottom. It doesn't have as much knockback as the forward-tilt either, so it can't really be called an effective spacer.

:GCU::GCA:
Magolor shoves his hand upward and releases a thin but far reaching electric beam. This moves is primarily based on Thunderbolt, used by Spark Kirby in Return to Dreamland, but it doesn't work exactly the same. It doesn't reach nearly as far, nor does it come out all at once. It's not really all that effective with juggling, but it can be used to keep an opponent from returning to the ground, thus extending aerial combos dramatically.

:GCR::GCR::GCA:
As per the norm with Magolor movesets, not just the ones made by me, this moves is based on his swirling spin attack from Dream Collection. As with the previous moveset, it starts quickly and is extremely trappy with good knockback at the end, making it a good aerial combo initiator, but also has a lot of end lag for a dash attack, making it very punishable.

Aerials

:GCX::GCA:

In this move, he releases a wave of distorted space-time that deals minor damage. In place of knockback, this move has a strong "pushing" effect akin to that in front of Palutena's forward smash or above Mr Game & Watch's up-aerial. This move helps give him momentum in his aerial combos as well as gives him a good aerial zoner.

:GCX::GCR::GCA:
Magolor lunges forward slightly and swings a smaller version of the Ultra Galaxia he used in his boss fight. Has decent knockback, but is primarily a combo tool.

:GCX::GCL::GCA:
Magolor throws back a few of those daggers like the ones Marx uses in his boss fight. This move is really trappy for an aerial. It also has good reach and knockback, making it a deadly kill move at reasonably high percentages.

:GCX::GCD::GCA:
He lunges downward slightly in a strange, warping motion then pops right back to his position at the start of the move. I guess it could have a spike, but I don't think it's necessary; this move is primarily a combo tool, which I understand is uncommon for D-airs. This move is somewhat based on Mirror Body, yet another move used by Mirror Kirby.

:GCX::GCU::GCA:
He sends a small blue Monster Flame, like the ones in his boss fight, straight upward. This move travels somewhat far, but doesn't have enough knockback to be a decent finisher. It would also have a bit of end-lag, making it insufficient as a juggler as well, but it would be valuable in adding more momentum to aerial combos.

Grab Game

:GCZ:

His grab range will be decent, as he retains his sucking effect from the previous moveset. When he gets ahold of the opponent, they will be suspended in space time, apparently frozen, and surrounded by a strange blue energy. :troll:

:GCZ::GCA:
The field sustained by Magolor contracts, dealing damage. A somewhat slow jab.

:GCZ::GCR:
He pulls the opponent towards his hand, then blasts them out with an energy beam. This is a decent combo tool, and puts some space between Magolor and the opponent. This move is based on Beam Kirby's Capture Beam.

:GCZ::GCL:
Magolor swings the opponent behind him and creates an explosion of energy in the same swift motion. It doesn't have that much knockback for B-throw, but it has enough to be considered his kill throw.

:GCZ::GCD:
He lifts the opponent up and out of the field, and slams them against the ground. The best combo throw, especially at higher percentages.

:GCZ::GCU:
Grabs the opponent out of the field, and warps with them straight upward. The warp will look just like his D-air. He will then quickly warp back, this time without the opponent in hand.

Specials

:GCB:

Magolor would create a mid-sized, star-shaped portal in his in front of him. Tilting the control stick while holding down the button will cause the portal to face the direction of input. Letting go fixes the portal firmly in place. The portals last for about fifteen seconds, and up to two portals can be active at any time; creating a new one while two are already in existence will cause the oldest one to disappear. When you enter a portal when only one made by a particular player is there, then it will cause you to come out facing the opposite direction. A single portal basically acts as a reflector. When a specific player has two portals active, however, anyone or anything that enters one will come out of the other. The direction one comes out facing is the same as the direction the player who created it was pointing the control stick at the moment of creation. This move is highly strategic and allows for endless possibilities.

:GCR::GCB:
This is just the up-special from my last moveset. I really like this move; I think it's unique ands suits Magolor and his playstyle very well. A dashing move where Magolor sends a fake copy of himself ahead of him before dashing ahead himself. The copy will disappear into blue dust after the move ends or if it gets hit. This move can be angled. Also, double tapping at the start of the move will cause himself to be sent ahead before the fake copy, making this move the best as far as tricking your opponent goes.

:GCD::GCB:
Same as the down special from my last moveset. This move is awesome. You can't deny. Magolor quickly pops into the ground as a shadow. The player can move him in shadow form. Releasing the button causes him to burst out of the ground in a singe frame, launching any opponent caught above the move, making it deadly as well as unpredictable. It has a lot of end-lag, however, and launches Magolor high into the air and leaves him in a helpess state, making it his most punishable moves as well as his most deadly.

:GCU::GCB:
This is the up special from one of my oldest movesets. I've thought about it, and I think this move has outstanding potential. Magolor creates a mirror above him, or wherever the control stick is pointed, and warps to the other side of it, also reversing his position with anyone or anything caught above him, making this move an extremely deadly offstage punisher. It can be used for a variety of other things as well.

Smashes
:GCCR:
In the first stage of this attack, when it's being charged, Magolor will be holding his hands in front of him. Directly in front of his hands, a spinning circular symbol surrounded by smaller triangular symols appearing to radiate out from it, the same symbol that appears before he uses his black hole attack in his boss fight, will appear the moment the move begins to charge. When the button is released, Magolor will draw both hands behind him, a portal sizing up to take the place of the symbol as he does. As the portal quickly appears, increasing in size from nothingness, it will have a sucking effect. When the portal reaches prime size, Magolor will thrust both hands in front of him, and a massive spike will burst out of the star shaped portal. Anybody caught in the sucking stage will be drawn back to the sweetspot, taking extra knockback. This move has a slow startup and is extremely punishable, but has immense range for a smash.

:GCCU:
He causes a large spike branch covered in roses to burst out of the ground, quickly going straight upward. This will have about as much knockback you'd expect from a U-smash, but it would be deadly because of it's range. It wouldn't have quite as much range as Palutena's U-smash.

:GCCD:
Magolor calls forth his Frost Grand Hammer and slams it against the ground, ice spikes bursting of the point of impact at a low angle. The spikes themselves would be rooted to the ground the moment they appear, and wouldn't reach very far. However, this move will also send out an icy wind at the moment of impact, pushing opponents out at a reasonable speed, making this move an effective spacer.

Final Smash

Magolor creates a massive black hole at the point where the attack was triggered, potentially donning the master crown prior to doing so. Anybody caught in the black hole will be teleported to a realm of infinite destruction, take a butt-load of damage, and then be spat out by the shrinking black hole. This final smash is a nod to an attack used by both him and Marx.

Well? Did I do good? Do I deserve a treat? :awesome: Let me know!
I think it's a very good moveset.

Here's your treat:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I support!

Some may say Magolor is an unlikely addition, but I have confidence. Confidence that only gets stronger with each passing day. I'm glad I chose to support him; I've become better acquainted with the character than ever before, and this has served to increase my confidence even further. Magolor will get in Smash eventually. I promise that. So I see no reason why we can't have him in Sm4sh as a DLC character.

Welcome to the club. :grin:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I made this. Sorry it's horrible.

First Bandana Dee, now Magolor. NO SUPPORT THREAD WILL DO WITHOUT MY HORRENDOUS DRAWINGS

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
The Ballot ends today! This is so HYPE! Thank you all for your support!

On a semi-unrelated note, I'm posting this because I feel like it.

D

Deleted member

Because the ballot ends today i would just like to say i love Magolor and want him just as much as i want Bandana dee, i like him for his personalty and boss theme and i would love another magic user, if he makes it i will main him for sure.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I've updated the OP, making minor changes to the script, and adding a new "Post Ballot Thoughts" section. Be ye forewarned: I do get on about my opinion regarding Bandana Dee's chances as well as Magolor's. As I did my best to respect all that has made Bandana Dee a popular pick for the ballot, I'd ask that any of you who disagree in any way respect my views regarding his chances. Bearing this in mind, feel free to argue for or against any points I made.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I've updated the OP, making minor changes to the script, and adding a new "Post Ballot Thoughts" section. Be ye forewarned: I do get on about my opinion regarding Bandana Dee's chances as well as Magolor's. As I did my best to respect all that has made Bandana Dee a popular pick for the ballot, I'd ask that any of you who disagree in any way respect my views regarding his chances. Bearing this in mind, feel free to argue for or against any points I made.
I agree when you say that Magolor would be a way more interesting character than Bandana Dee. He's probably more likely for that reason alone. Oh, that and that old Sakurai quote, “Why isn’t Waddle Dee playable?” or Dry Bones, or Baby Peach. There’d be no end to it," where he puts Waddle Dees on the same level as some less than noteworthy characters. Never bring that one up in the Bandana Dee thread, by the way.

Unfortunately for me, Magolor getting in would likely reduce Dark Matter's chances of ever getting in to practically zero. They are pretty similar characters, at least in appearance (They are both floating eggs with spikes on top). So basically, if he gets in, I'll feel happy for you yet also utterly defeated.

I agree when you say that Magolor would be a way more interesting character than Bandana Dee. He's probably more likely for that reason alone. Oh, that and that old Sakurai quote, “Why isn’t Waddle Dee playable?” or Dry Bones, or Baby Peach. There’d be no end to it," where he puts Waddle Dees on the same level as some less than noteworthy characters. Never bring that one up in the Bandana Dee thread, by the way.
It has already been brought up in Bandana Dee thread. Remember that the Waddle Dee quote was before Bandana Dee became an important character, and refers to a regular Waddle Dee. Bandana Dee's only appearance then was in the Megaton Punch minigame in Super Star.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
It has already been brought up in Bandana Dee thread. Remember that the Waddle Dee quote was before Bandana Dee became an important character, and refers to a regular Waddle Dee. Bandana Dee's only appearance then was in the Megaton Punch minigame in Super Star.
Are you sure about that? Because it may have something to do with Sakurai not believing Waddle Dee is good enough for Smash Bros.

Honestly though, you're right, they are different characters and Bandanna Dee is a lot more important. When I said don't bring it up I was more referring to the reaction the quote initially generated. Think of it as a lighthearted jab at the Bandanna Dee fanbase.

Top Bottom