• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mage Beyond Popstar - Support Magolor for Sm4sh DLC!

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Him using his Soul form would represent every Kirby boss ever and that's just way too good to pass up.
I have confidence that pretty much everybody has played RTD, but I still think too many spoilers in his moveset would be kinda bad. :p Other than that, I agree.

His Neutral B could be his energy sphere attack, which could work like Wizzro's Fireball attack from Hyrule Warriors.
Interesting... believe it or not, the move I had the most trouble coming up with when I made a hypothetical moveset for him was his N-B... I guess it's because it would make the most amount of sense (IMO) for his neutral-B to be a projectile, and there are so many projectiles in the game now that it's hard to come up with one that stands out. :chuckle:

I fully support this idea though. :grin:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I have confidence that pretty much everybody has played RTD, but I still think to many spoilers in his moveset would be kinda bad. :p Other than that, I agree.

Interesting... believe it or not, the move I had the most trouble coming up with when I made a hypothetical moveset for him was his N-B... I guess it's because it would make the most amount of sense (IMO) for his neutral-B to be a projectile, and there are so many projectiles in the game now that it's hard to come up with one that stands out. :chuckle:

I fully support this idea though. :grin:
There are trophies of Xenoblade's biggest secrets.
Magosoul is fine IMO.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
There are trophies of Xenoblade's biggest secrets.
Magosoul is fine IMO.
I've never been a supporter of putting massive spoilers in a trophy description, and not to mention I've heard TONS of complaints from Xenoblade fangirls (and boys :troll:) regarding them. Of course, Kirby isn't Xenoblade. (nowhere near as story scentric :p )

All things considered, I suppose you have a point.

But I still think the Lor would make a better FS. But that's just my opinion.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Well, some people think that Magolor soul should make an appearence :ohwell:
I'm actually against that, but I have a reason!
This state was the one where Magolor still had control

But when Kirby and co. defeated him the Crown took over Magolor's soul

These last two forms aren't Magolor, they are the Master crown using Magolor's soul
This is the description that you get when you pause the game while fighting him
"A sad shell possessed by the limitless power of the Master Crown, no more than a manifestation of the crown itself"
A manifestation of the crown itself, THE CROWN, not Magolor
You're not fighting Magolor anymore, now you're playing with power! fighting the Master Crown
Also would be kinda stupid DYING and letting a Crown take control over you just to make a Final Smash :p
Oh and also spoilers alert I guess
Deal with it, the game's been out for like 6 years

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

These last two forms aren't Magolor, they are the Master crown using Magolor's soul
"A sad shell possessed by the limitless power of the Master Crown, no more than a manifestation of the crown itself"
You're not fighting Magolor anymore, now you're playing with power! fighting the Master Crown
Also would be kinda stupid DYING and letting a Crown take control over you just to make a Final Smash :p
Yeah... having to get possessed by a crown everytime you want to do your ultimate attack would be a bit much XD

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360

I definitely agree with this. The best choice would be the Lor Starcutter. Also, the super abilities that Magolor Soul uses can be made into special moves by making them miniature.

Down B: Ice Hammer Pound
Side B: Monster Flame Summon
Up B: Flare Beam Charge

No Ultra Galaxia though. Would be awkward with Meta Knight and Kirby around.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
As I said before the Lor Starcutter is boring :p
I'm saying this again
Magolor gets the Smash Ball
Magolor uses his Final Smash
Magolor puts the Master Crown on his head
He transforms into this

He makes a Super Strong attack
He takes off the Crown
He becomes his normal self again

Also, what would exactly do the Lor Starcutter? :awesome:

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I'm saying this again
He transforms into this

He takes off the Crown

crash and make you collect it's pieces

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I'm saying this again
He transforms into this

He takes off the Crown

I don't see how it would be boring. It could have a similar style like Pit's final smash. First it would throw its two wings like boomerangs, then it would fire its oars at various foes, following with a barrage of stars and a tornado blast and ending with a ram attack.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't see how it would be boring. It could have a similar style like Pit's final smash. First it would throw its two wings like boomerangs, then it would fire its oars at various foes, following with a barrage of stars and a tornado blast and ending with a ram attack.
If we're talking about Magolor's Final Smash, wouldn't be better if Magolor was the one making the attack?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That sentence can also be interpreted as:

"A sad shell possessed by his greed for the limitless power of the Master Crown."

Anyways, just let him do the giant star laser or whatever powerful attack he has (Black Hole Star) and return to normal.

No need to keep holding onto.. the lor(e)

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
If we're talking about Magolor's Final Smash, wouldn't be better if Magolor was the one making the attack?
Although it is a good idea, and you do have a good point, I think we have enough transformation Final Smashes. (although I suppose one could say we have enough vehicle Final Smashes too. :p ) But from a development standpoint, I think either one would do.

But if we get the Lor Starcutter as a FS, then we probably won't get it as a DLC stage. :c Still have my arms crossed for a Corneria/Lylat Cruise style stage in which you're fighting on the Lor which is flying around and teleporting through multiple stages. That would be awesome...

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
double-post
again

I've once again taken to thinking on the possibilities, and given the nature of the Smash ballot, I don't think Magolor, or even Bandanna Dee could make it into Smash at this time. That's not to say I've given up; if I had, I wouldn't be posting here. :p Regardless of whether he get's in as DLC or in Smash 5, I'll always be a firm Magolor supporter.

I but I didn't come here to say that. It's actually occurred to me that Magolor is probably the most likely boss character to get in. The others that were considered previously on this thread are Dark Matter and Marx. I've heard people say that Drawcia is likely to get in, but I don't think she's anywhere near prominent enough in the series to get her in the game. Then again, neither is Magolor really. :p But, as was stated on the other Mags support thread, I think he would make for good representation for Kirby bosses in general.

The reason I no longer consider Dark Matter a possibility (even though he'd be friggin' awesome...) is because he's kinda OP, even by the standards of Kirby Final Boss. You could say he can't get in for the same reasons Ridley cant'; if you put him in, he'd have to be sized down/nerfed to such a degree that he would no longer feel as threatening or as epic. He's one of the most prominent villains in the series, but he's just too evil to put in Smash. Putting him in would severely downgrade his awesomeness.

I originally supported Gooey back when Smash was first announced. When I realized the goal as far as new characters were concerned was uniqueness, I pretty much gave up on him. But now that I think about it, he'd make for great representation for that portion of Kirby's history. He could have moves not only based on some of the older Copy Abilities, but also based on the many incarnations of dark-matter. Maybe is Final Smash could be where he turns into the final form of Dark Matter. That's just an idea though. A dream... TBH, I'd still rather see Magolor.

I think we've pretty much covered why Mags is more likely than Marx. Even though I think Magolor is more likely than Marx, I'd be just as happy with either one. I just wanted to cover these new thoughts on Dark Matter.

I've had a few new theories on potential movesets in the many moons since I've posted here. I may post them in a little bit. Stay tuned. :estatic:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey Hey Hey! RISE AND SHINE EVERYONE! Everyone still alive in here? How is everyone? Things aren't dieing down are they? Well perhaps this message will get things back into swing..

I would suggest that someone see if they can ask for control of the OP... it would be helpful if it got a little update. Do we need the permission from the original poster?.. and for that matter, is the guy still around? (We'll also probably need a mod to help with it as well.)

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Hey Hey Hey! RISE AND SHINE EVERYONE! Everyone still alive in here? How is everyone? Things aren't dieing down are they? Well perhaps this message will get things back into swing..

I would suggest that someone see if they can ask for control of the OP... it would be helpful if it got a little update. Do we need the permission from the original poster?.. and for that matter, is the guy still around? (We'll also probably need a mod to help with it as well.)
I already asked the original poster. He agreed to let one of us newbies take control. I asked a couple of mods about it on repeated occasions, but they never seem to get back to me... Not sure why. Haven't given up hope yet though. :p

I'd like to get this thread a bit more polished as well. Namely updating the OP to actually mention the Smash Ballot. I'd also like to put a few of the moveset theories that popped up in the previous Mags threads. I'll try asking again soon. :estatic:

on a more personal note, would you like to be the one to take the thread? I kept asking the mods if I could take it, but I'd be happy to let you take it. (gives me more time to be lazy :roll:) We can discuss the matter privately if you'd like.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I could probably help get it back up to speed. The OP definitely needs some more fleshing out
A'ight. The thread is yours. (as soon as you get moderator permission.) I'll still be checking up every now and then. :)

And if there's anything you need, I'm your man. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know that Magolor was popular in Japan, but I'd never thought he'd be this popular. Now if only I can see the final results in a few weeks so that we can get a better idea of where he is in terms of ballot support.

Also, sign me up on that there list. I am now seeing how much potential this blue being has for Smash.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
It's great to see Magolor is finally getting noticed, even if it's only because people are noting his popularity overseas. I'd love to strengthen his presence here on Smashboards. Maybe that will give him the western support he deserves. Of course I'll need help; thanks for your support everyone!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I feel bad for not popping in here earlier, considering Magolor's been one of my favorite candidates since before the game launched.
Hopefully now that people finally recognize his Japanese popularity, I think people may start to recognize the character as having as legitimate a shot as he really has. I do wonder though, why did it take this long? People actually thought I was lying and/or misinformed when I told them Magolor's significantly more popular in Japan, because apparently using the internet to check on the Japanese Miiverse is not a thing. You'd think people would realize that way earlier than now, but hey, I'm happy it's at least happening now as opposed to never.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Add me to that support list, yo! Seriously, I supported Magolor before now, but I was silent about it for the most part. Mostly because I was (and still am, mind you) laser-guided focused on getting Bandana Waddle Dee in Smash first. *Raises flame shield*

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Thanks for the support, everyone!

I was thinkin' now would be the time to increase our presence via social media. We could start by setting up a Twitter account. I could tweet moveset and balance jargon as well as occasionally give a motivational speech. We could attach hashtags that would draw attention such as #Smash or #SmashDLC. Stuff like that. In addition, (if you're feeling creative,) we could scour the internet for the rest of the Magolor fanbase and hook up with them wherever they may roam.

Some may say it's too late to join the fray of character adverts, but we may not need to do much to earn Magolor enough western support to land him in Smash. Let's all do what we can! Of course I don't expect to succeed, but I'll be damned if I don't try! ;)

That having been said, I suck at dealing with social media crap. I can still give the movesets, the jargon, and the motivational speeches, but it'd be for the best if one of you swagsters could take up the torch. Preferably someone who spends a lot of time on Twitter to begin with. Any volunteers?

DISCLAIMER: if nobody volunteers, then I will attempt to do it myself. Just be made aware that I rarely have time for social media in any form, so the occasional moveset theory or speech is really all I have to offer. It won't be much of a Twitter page, but it'd be better than nothing.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
how can I have miss this? I am a huge support of Magolor and want him in smash D:

sign me up for the support list!
Thanks for the support! It's not a very big list, but it's growing steadily! Maybe we'll have a hundred on there before the ballot ends. That seems like a sizable bunch to me!

I suppose I should remind everybody to like the thread's OP. It really helps.

Update on the Twitter page: not to be lazy, but I'll wait until later this evening to get that set up, just in case I get a volunteer between now and then. But after I do, don't be afraid to step up. I'd way rather have this in someone else's hands. :p

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I wish he has more support, since the game needs more villians and sakurai do say that he wants Magolor to appear more (20 dream collections and all the cameos) so why not smash already D:

he is my second most wanted character in smash, right after meowth and before inkling :c

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
At first, I found it odd that only one vote per person was aloud, but then it occurred to me that if you were aloud to vote as much as you want, then all characters would get 100% of the votes. Poor Mr. Sakurai... :rotfl:

Update on Twitter page: Can't get that started now due to lack of a phone, which one apparently needs. It's funny, because I do recall having a Twitter account at one point, and I've never owned a phone. :p

Again, if anyone is willing to step up to the task, feel free; not necessarily obligated.

Having failed for the moment on that front, I will consider making an official Facebook page.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I tried my hand at making some propaganda for our candidate, I'm sorry for the lack of quality though. I'll try to make a more professional looking version of this later (AKA the moment I get Photoshop back).
Magolordabest.jpg

Also, you wouldn't mind if I set up the Magolor page for Twitter, right?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I tried my hand at making some propaganda for our candidate, I'm sorry for the lack of quality though. I'll try to make a more professional looking version of this later (AKA the moment I get Photoshop back).
View attachment 70035

I really need to get back into making these. Good thing I'll get Photoshop back next month and that will be the time to start pushing more material until October.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
View attachment 70035

Excellent! I'll put this in the OP! (hopefully; if my browser will let me...) I certainly wouldn't mind if you got the Twitter page up. In fact, I'd be delighted!

I really need to get back into making these. Good thing I'll get Photoshop back next month and that will be the time to start pushing more material until October.
I could make some things too but those will be made in Pages.

LOL.
Yes! YES!!

*rubs hands together maniacally*

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
https://twitter.com/MagolorSmashDLC Our Twitter's up now :D. I'll try to keep it well updated, but just in case, if there's anything you guys think I should add, just let me know and I'll add it.

I also found this really well made remix of C-R-O-W-N-E-D I'd like to share.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
https://twitter.com/MagolorSmashDLC Our Twitter's up now :D. I'll try to keep it well updated, but just in case, if there's anything you guys think I should add, just let me know and I'll add it.

I also found this really well made remix of C-R-O-W-N-E-D I'd like to share.
Great! I'll put that link in the OP! I'll try to start writing up some movesets and other sich theories. I don't know if I'll have the time to do it too often, but I'll try to keep a pace. I'll just post 'em here on the thread and you can tweet 'em out to spread word of Magolor's potential. Thanks for doing this, man! :estatic:

Nice remix, by the way. Still surprised that C-R-O-W-N-E-D didn't make it into Smash.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhat relevant question, what do you guys think our main Twitter hashtag/motto should be? I was thinking #ManipulateTheBallot, but it isn't short or catchy at all, so I thought it would be best to get some suggestions from you guys.

Suggestions: #Magolor4Smash4,
Edit: Added suggestions

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Somewhat relevant question, what do you guys think our main Twitter hashtag/motto should be? I was thinking #ManipulateTheBallot, but it isn't short or catchy at all, so I thought it would be best to get some suggestions from you guys.

Suggestions: #Magolor4Smash4,
Edit: Added suggestions
Something with Crown?

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Just updated the OP!

Change log:

1. Updated the script to correct errors in grammar, as well as long standing inconsistencies in the script. Most of them were due to browser issues. (browser couldn't load the edit window without slowing tremendously) Unfortunately, I couldn't fix any problems with the spoiler windows.
  2. Color coded each individual section to help organize it better. There's no way I could hope to spoiler them, so this will do for now. UPDATE: color guide, Blue=introduction/who is Magolor, Pale-Green=What he would represent, Red=moveset theory, Pale-Gray=possible color swaps, Indigo-Purple=Propaganda, White/Regular Text=Ending/Support List
  3. Put up that edited version of the main image by ol' Manic. Hope legendofrob1/whoever made the original doesn't mind... Just put it there because I thought it'd be more attractive. I'll give credit to the original creator as well as Manic.
  4. Put up the siggy by N3ON, which I got permission for. It wasn't as hard or as big an issue as I was lead to believe it was. This kind of thing is what she made it for, anyway. :p Here it is, for those of you who don't have it.
Now that it's in the OP, you won't have to dig it out of the art forum anymore.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
And now, after much procrastination, another hypothetical moveset for Magolor! I may or may not decide to put this in the OP because browser issues, but I'll try to throw it out there as much as I can. Maybe I'll post it on the Bandanna Dee Support Thread... hehe... :troll:

--Overview--
Magolor, at least in the context of this move set, would be a character whose moves would be excellent tools for mind games and the like, in accordance with his trickster personality. His moves would have decent reach, and have wide hitboxes, most of them arching over wide angles. While his walking speed wouldn't be too notable, his dashing speed might be reasonably high, with a slow turnaround, but very precise stops. Following the trend with characters who sport the ability to levitate, he'd have very lofty jumps. Unlike Mewtwo, however, they'll pop out much faster and be much more precise, again to allow him to better don his playstyle. His aerial game would be especially good, to allow him to better take advantage of his specials and high jumps. With fast, wide, and hard hitting aerials, specials that are designed to disorient and confuse, and precise yet high jumps, Magolor would be a strategic yet easy to play and powerful character. That, of course, screams "OP." To disallow the vast majority of FG players from milking it, he'll be a very light character, easily in the top twenty. Those statistics may seem overdone, but his emphasis on the "trickster" playstyle, the naturally mind-gamey character, will make for a very unique playstyle as well as aesthetic. This potential for uniqueness is why I voted for him. I feel like there's an empty space on the roster that Magolor belongs in!

Now then, on to the actual moves!

--Grounded Neutrals, Tilts--

:GCA:
His standard attack would be a simple attack where, upon pressing the button, he creates a small field of distorted space-time in front of him. Upon releasing the button, he'd cause the field to disperse in a small explosion of blue, flame-like energy. This attack would be his only real punisher, although weak comparatively speaking, but would also have potential to start some aerial combos through the finisher, which would have decent knockback and unusually low end-lag.

:GCR::GCA:
Magolor raises the side of his hand upward, creating a crescent shaped hitbox of blue energy. It primarily knocks forward slightly, but landing it on an opponent who's standing close enough will send him/her flying straight upward, making this move golden for starting any variety of techs.

:GCD::GCA:
Triggering the down tilt would cause Mags to luge forward slightly and hit downward with an open palm, trailing blue magic-energy creating a good-sized hitbox with excellent knockback for a down tilt. The direction the hit opponent would fly depends on what portion of the magic trail catches them. Catching them smack-down on the bottom while standing above them on a ledge will trigger a meteor smash. Given it's nature as a move which lunges Magolor slightly forward, taking advantage of that feature isn't going to be easy, but it's always worth it for the spike.

:GCU::GCA:
He lunges both hands straight upward, creating a small burst of blue energy to deal good knockback for an up tilt. Like most of his hitboxes, it will be short but immensely wide. It will be short lived compared to his other tilts, however. This makes it good mostly for catching an opponent trying to land an attack from above. It's also fast enough to be used for juggling, if you time it right.

:GCR::GCR::GCA:
Magolor bursts forward in a spinning dash attack, propelling himself all the while. It'd pop out pretty quick, but slow down shortly after as well as give a reasonably high amount of end-lag for a dash attack. Nonetheless, if it lands, it'd give a good amount of damage and still deal enough knockback to be a great combo initiator.

--Aerials--
:GCX::GCA:
Magolor would send out two small balls of energy akin to those used in his boss fight in opposite directions. It would be a relatively weak attack, especially for his aerials, and not serve as well as a spacing move as you'd think, but it would allow him to deal damage when an opponent braces for one of his more deadly aerials, giving him still more potential for mind-games.

:GCX::GCR::GCA:
Inputting the forward aerial would cause Maggie to lunge slightly and use a magic head-butt in the expected direction, starting with his head up, and then bringing it down. Maybe throw a spike in there for good measure. This would be the widest of his aerials and deal good knockback for it's category. It would also have similar knockback properties to his other arching hitboxes, sending the opponent a direction based on which angle they were hit at. This would allow Mags to juggle a good bit, maybe into his standard just to wrack up damage.

:GCX::GCL::GCA:
Magolor would lunge slightly in the direction of input, as per the norm, and force the back of his hand backwards, sending bright blue flames off of it. The hitbox would be abnormally narrow, but far-reaching. This would be his kill aerial, and would be easily juggled into. The hitbox would also have a devastating sweetspot on the actual hand, for extra measure.

:GCX::GCD::GCA:
Magolor would wave his hand downward, starting in front of him, and ending the swing behind him. This move has a weak spike, but the spike is primarily for sending the opponent back to the ground to take advantage of his specials again. It would only actually KO at higher percentages.

:GCX::GCU::GCA:
Same as back air, only done upward, and without the sweetspot. Magolor doesn't need any more jugglers.

--Grabbing and Throwing--

:GCZ:

Magolor would have a mild sucking effect on distant opponents, the effect increasing in power with his dash-grab. The grab itself would surround the opponent in a weak-looking field of distorted space-time sustained by Magolor holding out his palms. His grabs would be mostly combo tools, but he'd be able to KO at reasonably high percentages.

:GCZ::GCA:
Magolor squeezes the distorted field, visually increasing the amount of distortion as it contracts. Jab would be slow, but deal about 5% per jab, making a single jab before a throw the best way to use it.

:GCZ::GCR:
Magolor causes the field to explode with blue energy, sending the player out a reasonable distance at a lowish angle. It would primarily be a combo tool.

:GCZ::GCL:
Same as forward throw, only swinging the field behind him and blowing it up in the same swift motion. This would kill in the region of the one-sixties, making it the kill throw.

:GCZ::GCD:
He lifts the opponent up and out of the field, and then slams them against the ground. It would deal low vertical knockback, making it the combo throw at the higher percentages.

:GCZ::GCU:
He lifts the opponent out of the field, raises him above his head, and then spews the bright-blue flames like the ones used in his back and up aerial on the opponent. This would be a good combo tool at low percentages, but wouldn't have high enough knockback to be a kill throw.

--Specials--

And now, the part you've all been waiting for!

:GCB:
Magic Shot
A simple, chargeable, storable, slow-moving but powerful projectile, modeled after the projectiles used in his boss fight. It has a slow start up, and travels roughly the same distance no matter how charged it is. You can double tap the button on the fully charged form to remove the start-up lag at the cost of power, allowing for more mind-game potential.

:GCR::GCB:
Frost Hammer
A chargeable, but not storable attack utilizing the Ice Grand Hammer used in his boss fight. He can hold in charging position as long as he want. Upon releasing the button, Magolor slams the hammer against the ground, sending an icy shockwave in the form of a wall outwards. This move would be indispensable for zoning, and force the opponent to figure a way around it, allowing Magolor to either take advantage of his aerials, or punish them on the ground.

:GCD::GCB:
Shadow Phase
A move based on Marx's boss fight, Magolor would quickly phase into the ground as a brightly colored shadow. The player can then input either left or right to make Mags travel in that direction. Upon releasing the button, or if the move times out, Magolor will quickly burst out of the ground, sending the opponent skyward if they were standing on him. This move would allow Magolor to bypass opponents in unexpected ways. Given that it starts so quickly, he could easily lure an opponent into attacking him, travel towards them through the ground, and then strike. This would easily be one of his most versatile moves, being usable as a combo tool or finisher, depending on damage percentages. Magolor wouldn't be invincible, however. The opponent can still hit him in the ground, meaning if he/she were to trigger or begin charging an attack with a hitbox that can reach into the ground in anticipation of the move being used, then strike quickly before Magolor can attack, Magolor will be the one taking the damage. It would also send Magolor ridiculously high into the air, as well as leave him in a helpless state, making it extremely punishable if it should fail. But if it succeeds, then Magolor will be the one rolling. :cool: :denzel:

:GCU::GCB:
Mirror Warp

This move would cause Magolor to warp or dash quickly straight in the input direction, dealing damage to anyone he hits. But this move has a good few unique properties. First, it sends a faster moving clone ahead of Magolor. If this clone gets hit, it will fade into blue dust, allowing Magolor to come in to punish. Second, if one double taps the button before the clone is sent out, Mags will come first instead, making this move an extremely tricky one. It does, however, have reasonably high start and end lag, as well as low priority, making it punishable if used unwisely, but still an excellent move for tricking one's opponent.

--Smash Attacks--
(gotta finish this (get it? :awesome:))
:GCCR:
Magolor pulls both hands behind his and then thrusts forward, creating a long explosion of blue energy and distorted space-time in front of him upon lashing out. This attack would have slow startup, even when charged and readied ahead of time. Some may call that a flaw, but I think it's great for mind games, assuming the opponent isn't already aware of the nature of the attack.

:GCCD:
Magolor lunges both hands out and spews bright blue flames out of both as does so. Not much to say here.

:GCCU:
Magolor creates an explosion of blue energy directly overhead, dealing reasonably high knockback for an up smash, but having similar startup properties to his forward smash. This arguably makes his non-smash finishers more reasonable to use in many scenarios, but still provides him with killing tools in more narrow situations.

--Final Smash--

TOO... MUCH... POTENTIAL...

A'ight! What did everybody think? I think I want Magolor in Smash more than I ever have!

Oh, and about my extensive inclusion of blue energy, I apologize to anybody who wanted red energy too, but I must remind you of what happens when they come together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom