• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mach Rider For SSB4 Thread!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My only issue with Mach Rider is that just from an appearance standpoint he seems like an odd blend of megaman/falcon (although i may be horribly off the mark). He might be a unique character, but I guess they'd have to make sure he also LOOKS really unique, too
I can understand the worry with wanting your character to be unique, but I would not worry about Mach Rider in that sense. Personally, I see him to be more of a Wario/Captain Falcon hybrid.

P.S. Welcome to Smash Boards!

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
Ahh fair enough, just thought it might be kinda unappealing to have two characters who visually look the same that function differently that are from two different games, if you get me.
And thanks mate! Been lurking for a little while, thought it was about time to start posting haha

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Which character type do you think would give Mach Rider players the most struggle?
I have a hard time imagining him with projectiles, so perhaps ranger? Whenever I imagine him, I imagine him on his bike, so I feel upward mobility might be a challenge for him; in that respect speedsters with strong air games might be quite nasty.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Mach Rider's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
I hope I'm not sounding too lazy when I say this, but if you've read my post on Exictebiker, then all I can really say is imagine Excitebiker without the "overheat" mechanic and DEFINITELY not as light, and his speed is still very great, but even after a long time of using him, Mach Rider is more "controllable" than the Excitebiker and he can use his trusty machine gun to approach you without much issues. Overall, he'd basically be a Speedy Bruiser with Ranged attacks whereas Excitebiker would probably have to rush at you for most of his attacks. Both are still good to use though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd rather have Mach Rider Unchained than Mach Rider in Smash tbh.

Of course one would probably lead to the other anyway.
A day doesn't go by where I don't mourn over the fact that it was all a lie.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I hope I'm not sounding too lazy when I say this, but if you've read my post on Exictebiker, then all I can really say is imagine Excitebiker without the "overheat" mechanic and DEFINITELY not as light, and his speed is still very great, but even after a long time of using him, Mach Rider is more "controllable" than the Excitebiker and he can use his trusty machine gun to approach you without much issues. Overall, he'd basically be a Speedy Bruiser with Ranged attacks whereas Excitebiker would probably have to rush at you for most of his attacks. Both are still good to use though.
No, you sound fine Smashkirby, I am just glad someone is answering these questions I have about characters.

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I fully support Mach Rider.
He/she is such a mysterious and enigmatic figure, I would love no one more than Sakurai to have creative control about a new take about who this character may be.

(I'd also wouldn't mind to see Mach Rider be a clone of Capt. Falcon; it wouldn't take that much more time, and it would fit pretty well.)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Didn't Sakurai say Mach Rider was his favorite Nintendo character not in Smash in an interview between Brawl and Four? I remember reading that through a scan of Famitsu or something.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
This guys like Mad Max and Ghost Rider balled into one.

Pretty bad as if you ask me.

I would like him better off his bike, give him guns and explovisives.. chains etc.
Would make a decent replacement for snakes serious-esk niche.

Dematerialization would be cool.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Didn't Sakurai say Mach Rider was his favorite Nintendo character not in Smash in an interview between Brawl and Four? I remember reading that through a scan of Famitsu or something.
Did anyone find a source on this?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
After playing Mach Rider for the first time, all I can say is the adore the gameplay, but I have no clue how to kill the cars from the back. @-@
Lots and lots of bullets. Like, tons. Did I mention you need a large amount a bullets?

Because you need a lot.

D

Deleted member

Lots and lots of bullets. Like, tons. Did I mention you need a large amount a bullets?

Because you need a lot.
More bullets than that.

No wait, more bullets than that.

Imagine infinite bullets.......plus more. Always more.

Super1

Smash Rookie
Mach Rider is a character I have been wanting since the Melee days, ever since I played his game through a swap meet back in 2003.

To me, for Mach Rider to work, one very important thing must happen: Wario has to lose his motorcycle.

Which is fine by me, as the bike for him was never really that useful of a move in the first place. Replace it with a charging elbow and Wario is fine.

Instead, give Mach the bike and expand on it. REALLY expand on it. Make it a integrated part of his moveset and have people excited to use it. This can be accomplished by making Mach Rider an absolute monster while on the bike, allowing him to have armor to get past minor shots while also doing huge damage, but also limiting his mobility. One strong hit will knock Mach flat on his ass and dematerialize his bike, making it unusable for a set time.

As for his ground game, have a character who is fast, heavy, and has a lot of focus on knockback and getting the job done. Or, to summarize it better: Mix this...

With this...

Mach Rider is very Kamen Rider inspired. So with that in mind, have him rely on very Showa-styled weapons and tech (Explosives and a laser knife to be specific) and most importantly, his Mach Kicks.

As for Specials, I will be separating them between specials that are On Foot, and specials unique to when you are on the Bike...

Neutral-B: Shot Cannon

Mach Rider dishes out his double barreled laser shotgun, very much inspired by Mad Max himself. This gun fires a cone of energy shots that do large amounts of damage and knockback up close, but becomes less and less effective the farther away the target is. The gun can be pulled out and fired very quickly, making it a great combo finisher or a means to get enemies off of you, but it can only hold two shots at a time before needing to be reloaded. Be sure to remember how many shells you have, or you might find yourself in a jam when you need this move most.

Bike Neutral B: Gatling Lasers

Mach Rider fires lasers fixed onto his bike in a straight line. Said lasers are fast, powerful, and with sizable knockback. They also can be rapid fired, but watch out! Spamming this move could cause your bike to overheat and dematerialize!

Up-B: Grip Chain

Mach Rider whips out his chain diagonally to the air, grabbing anything that it connects with: Ledges, items, even other combatants! Items are pulled to Mach, Mach is pulled to Ledges, and grabbed Combatants are slammed into the ground like sacks of barley. Fantastic anti air move, but a situational recovery.

The Grip Chain can be aimed as well! By holding Up and B, Mach Rider will start swinging his chain in preparation. From here, you can tilt the movement stick in any direction you want the chain to go, then release to send the chain flying.

Bike Up-B: Bike Jets

Mach Rider unleashes the coolest wheelie ever, his bike's boosters rocketing him upwards with wheels aflame, doing damage to anyone he hits! Mach Rider can also LEAP from his bike to cover extra ground by pressing the jump button during this move, but may lose his bike in the process. This move covers a LOT of ground, making it a great recovery option. Summoning your bike and then using this move while you are falling off the stage is a safer means of recovery than the Grip Chain, but you WILL lose your bike!

Side-B: Mach-Ride!

Mach Rider's motorcycle materializes and he hops on, damaging anyone he runs into with his bike and giving access to a variety of new, powerful moves. The motorcycle can be summoned anywhere, including in mid air. The bike has armor, allowing you to plow through minor projectiles without stopping, but a strong attack will destroy your ride, leaving you on foot for a set period of time. Your movement is more limited on the bike, as your higher speed makes it harder for you to turn.

Bike Side-B: Ram!

Mach Rider's bike boosts a short distance, doing huge knockback and damage to anyone in its path. A huge KO move for Mach Rider!

Down-B: Oil Barrel

Mach Rider places an oil barrel onto the field. On its own, said Oil Barrel does nothing, but if damaged enough, it will explode, doing heavy damage to anyone near it, including Mach Rider! Said barrel can be set aflame by fire or laser attacks, which will cause it to explode in a few seconds. It can also be picked up and tossed. More creative players can send burning barrels of death towards their enemies. Take that, Donkey Kong!

Ride Down-B: Slick Hazard

Mach Rider will spill out one of three different hazards: An Oil Slick, a Water Puddle, or Tacks. Oil Slicks cause targets to slip and slide, losing speed and control. Water causes opponents to trip, and Tacks spill out six damaging spikes, which causes minor stun and damage. Up to two hazards can be placed at a time, and said hazards fade over a set time. The three hazards are set up in a fixed pattern, so players can predict what hazard they will send out next.

Other fun info on Mach Rider...
- Mach Rider's gender is considered male in Smash, but there are numerous hints that he may actually be female. Namely, his voice sounds purposefully pitched down, as if coming from a voice changing device, and Mach Rider has a nice ass. There I said it.
-Mach Rider's three taunts are as follows: A simple gun trick, charging and making a bike revving noise, and a two fingered salute. When Captain Falcon is nearby, his salute is aimed directly at him. Falcon's 'show ya moves' taunt will also face directly to Mach Rider, as if the two are challenging each other.
-His final smash? Ultimate Ride: Mach Rider's bike morphs into a missile launcher, which Mach Rider holds on to. Every missile he fires heat seeks their targets at fast speeds, turning the battle into a dodge fest.

Hope you guys like it!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Mach Rider is a character I have been wanting since the Melee days, ever since I played his game through a swap meet back in 2003.

To me, for Mach Rider to work, one very important thing must happen: Wario has to lose his motorcycle.

Which is fine by me, as the bike for him was never really that useful of a move in the first place. Replace it with a charging elbow and Wario is fine.

Instead, give Mach the bike and expand on it. REALLY expand on it. Make it a integrated part of his moveset and have people excited to use it. This can be accomplished by making Mach Rider an absolute monster while on the bike, allowing him to have armor to get past minor shots while also doing huge damage, but also limiting his mobility. One strong hit will knock Mach flat on his *** and dematerialize his bike, making it unusable for a set time.

As for his ground game, have a character who is fast, heavy, and has a lot of focus on knockback and getting the job done. Or, to summarize it better: Mix this...

With this...

Mach Rider is very Kamen Rider inspired. So with that in mind, have him rely on very Showa-styled weapons and tech (Explosives and a laser knife to be specific) and most importantly, his Mach Kicks.

As for Specials, I will be separating them between specials that are On Foot, and specials unique to when you are on the Bike...

Mach Rider dishes out his double barreled laser shotgun, very much inspired by Mad Max himself. This gun fires a cone of energy shots that do large amounts of damage and knockback up close, but becomes less and less effective the farther away the target is. The gun can be pulled out and fired very quickly, making it a great combo finisher or a means to get enemies off of you, but it can only hold two shots at a time before needing to be reloaded. Be sure to remember how many shells you have, or you might find yourself in a jam when you need this move most.

Mach Rider fires lasers fixed onto his bike in a straight line. Said lasers are fast, powerful, and with sizable knockback. They also can be rapid fired, but watch out! Spamming this move could cause your bike to overheat and dematerialize!

Mach Rider whips out his chain diagonally to the air, grabbing anything that it connects with: Ledges, items, even other combatants! Items are pulled to Mach, Mach is pulled to Ledges, and grabbed Combatants are slammed into the ground like sacks of barley. Fantastic anti air move, but a situational recovery.

The Grip Chain can be aimed as well! By holding Up and B, Mach Rider will start swinging his chain in preparation. From here, you can tilt the movement stick in any direction you want the chain to go, then release to send the chain flying.

Mach Rider unleashes the coolest wheelie ever, his bike's boosters rocketing him upwards with wheels aflame, doing damage to anyone he hits! Mach Rider can also LEAP from his bike to cover extra ground by pressing the jump button during this move, but may lose his bike in the process. This move covers a LOT of ground, making it a great recovery option. Summoning your bike and then using this move while you are falling off the stage is a safer means of recovery than the Grip Chain, but you WILL lose your bike!

Mach Rider's motorcycle materializes and he hops on, damaging anyone he runs into with his bike and giving access to a variety of new, powerful moves. The motorcycle can be summoned anywhere, including in mid air. The bike has armor, allowing you to plow through minor projectiles without stopping, but a strong attack will destroy your ride, leaving you on foot for a set period of time. Your movement is more limited on the bike, as your higher speed makes it harder for you to turn.

Mach Rider's bike boosts a short distance, doing huge knockback and damage to anyone in its path. A huge KO move for Mach Rider!

Mach Rider places an oil barrel onto the field. On its own, said Oil Barrel does nothing, but if damaged enough, it will explode, doing heavy damage to anyone near it, including Mach Rider! Said barrel can be set aflame by fire or laser attacks, which will cause it to explode in a few seconds. It can also be picked up and tossed. More creative players can send burning barrels of death towards their enemies. Take that, Donkey Kong!

Mach Rider will spill out one of three different hazards: An Oil Slick, a Water Puddle, or Tacks. Oil Slicks cause targets to slip and slide, losing speed and control. Water causes opponents to trip, and Tacks spill out six damaging spikes, which causes minor stun and damage. Up to two hazards can be placed at a time, and said hazards fade over a set time. The three hazards are set up in a fixed pattern, so players can predict what hazard they will send out next.

- Mach Rider's gender is considered male in Smash, but there are numerous hints that he may actually be female. Namely, his voice sounds purposefully pitched down, as if coming from a voice changing device, and Mach Rider has a nice ***. There I said it.
-Mach Rider's three taunts are as follows: A simple gun trick, charging and making a bike revving noise, and a two fingered salute. When Captain Falcon is nearby, his salute is aimed directly at him. Falcon's 'show ya moves' taunt will also face directly to Mach Rider, as if the two are challenging each other.
-His final smash? Ultimate Ride: Mach Rider's bike morphs into a missile launcher, which Mach Rider holds on to. Every missile he fires heat seeks their targets at fast speeds, turning the battle into a dodge fest.

Hope you guys like it!
This is the best moveset I've ever seen. For any character ever. And I already really wanted Mach Rider, now I'm gonna be really disappointed if he's not in, and if he is in, this seems like a very Sakurai-esque moveset.

All in all, 10/10, keep doing what you're doing.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

Instead, give Mach the bike and expand on it. REALLY expand on it. Make it a integrated part of his moveset and have people excited to use it. This can be accomplished by making Mach Rider an absolute monster while on the bike, allowing him to have armor to get past minor shots while also doing huge damage, but also limiting his mobility. One strong hit will knock Mach flat on his *** and dematerialize his bike, making it unusable for a set time.

With this...

- Mach Rider's gender is considered male in Smash, but there are numerous hints that he may actually be female. Namely, his voice sounds purposefully pitched down, as if coming from a voice changing device, and Mach Rider has a nice ***. There I said it.

Hope you guys like it!
Seems a little OP, but it would be awesome

Toss me on that list, Mach Rider's been on my list alongisde Balloon Fighter since Brawl came out

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Why do people keep calling Mach Rider a he? Isn't it a "She"? I mean when you get the secret ending it shows who is outside of the armor. Just like Samus did in Metroid.

Darkshadow77

Smash Cadet
Why do people keep calling Mach Rider a he? Isn't it a "She"? I mean when you get the secret ending it shows who is outside of the armor. Just like Samus did in Metroid.
You mean in Vs. Mach Rider? I believe it was never stated that was actually Mach Rider, could have been someone else.
Also, his trophy in Melee refers to the character as a HE.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
You mean in Vs. Mach Rider? I believe it was never stated that was actually Mach Rider, could have been someone else.
Also, his trophy in Melee refers to the character as a HE.
Weird how they call it a "he" in melee but give you what Mach rider looks like outside in no secret ending. Nintendo should clear that up.

andimidna

Smash Master
Has nobody mentioned the Ninka Leak here? Really?

I'm almost convinced Mach Rider is playable at this point.
The same leaker who gave us video footage, proves info in a leak posted just before that with some characters from that leak, and also Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie Kong.
There were later claims that these 3 were in the game, along with another 3: MACH RIDER, Impa, and Chorus Men.
Since then, there has been another leak saying the same sort of thing: Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Impa, and MACH RIDER are in (didn't mention Chorus Men). Many rumors have been going around, all with very similar lists that connect to the Ninka and ERSB Leaks. It's all coming together.
So... honestly, we can finally get our hopes up a little, really, I think Mach Rider is actually in the game!

Get hyped!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Has nobody mentioned the Ninka Leak here? Really?

I'm almost convinced Mach Rider is playable at this point.
The same leaker who gave us video footage, proves info in a leak posted just before that with some characters from that leak, and also Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie Kong.
There were later claims that these 3 were in the game, along with another 3: MACH RIDER, Impa, and Chorus Men.
Since then, there has been another leak saying the same sort of thing: Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Impa, and MACH RIDER are in (didn't mention Chorus Men). Many rumors have been going around, all with very similar lists that connect to the Ninka and ERSB Leaks. It's all coming together.
So... honestly, we can finally get our hopes up a little, really, I think Mach Rider is actually in the game!

Get hyped!
Has it been confirmed that it's the same person?
If so, I'm super excited and some faith has been restored! Well, for me at least.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Has it been confirmed that it's the same person?
If so, I'm super excited and some faith has been restored! Well, for me at least.
That's what I'm trying to find out right now. But honestly, multiple people saying the same thing might be as reputable as one reputable person saying something, given that one person lied about the DLC. The hype will keep me awake, so I'll keep looking!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
At this point Mach Rider is more probable than other obscure characters, so yeah.
I do prefer his Melee trophy version over his blue and white version (blue can be an alt color). Captain Falcon has the "zentai warrior" part sorta covered so I kinda prefer him fighting like a biker. Imagine Ghost Rider from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I most certainly WILL get hyped!
I've been wanting Mach Rider since Brawl. And a sequel to his game as well. I just feel there's SO much to do with him and his franchise (if it becomes one). Heck, it might even take place in the same world as F-Zero.

I don't know what else to say. I love his game, even though it would be awesome if they remade it into having less wonky controls (mainly due to graphical limitations). But as far as the SSB universe goes, I can see him having TWO movesets in one. An ON-BIKE, and an OFF-BIKE one.

Yeah, I know Sakurai said every character only gets one moveset, so he rid us of transformations, but perhaps his ON-BIKE mode consists of a much more limited set of moves.
And knowing Sakurai, he'll make him weak off his bike. And I'm sorta cool with that. Flaming barrels, and plasma machine guns are awesome though. Add a chain, and that's a bonus!

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
If Mach Rider ever gets in, which is seeming quite likely at this point, I'm pretty sure he'd become one if my mains, among Villager, Olimar and Falcon. I see him as a combination of Snake and Captain Falcon, with maybe hints of gunner Mii. I also wouldn't mind him getting a version of Wario Bike, with Wario getting shoulder barge.

The best part of him getting in would be him getting one of the hypest themes, how can you not love this?

Add me to the supporters!

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
That's what I'm trying to find out right now. But honestly, multiple people saying the same thing might be as reputable as one reputable person saying something, given that one person lied about the DLC. The hype will keep me awake, so I'll keep looking!
Ok, I've got to clarify a few things.
First of all, the Ninka leak is not the Ninka leak. What I mean to say is, that list of characters (Ridley, Dixie, etc.) is from a different leak altogether, which apparently popped up sometime around when the Ninka Leak was revealed I believe, and is only grouped together with it because it mostly agrees with what was said in Ninka. The thing that makes it likely is that it doesn't make sense for it to copy the Ninka leak as it was hugely overshadowed by Gematsu at that time.

Secondly, the other leak (with Mach Rider in it) was made by the foulmouthed leaker. The leaker has already shown that he is willing to mess with us. Not only he made up the DLC part of the leak, he even admitted to (and posted proof in the form of pictures) creating the fake Palutena leak. Trusting it would be like trusting someone you know has backstabbed you multiple times before and in all likelyhood is going to not going to stop anytime soon.

Does Mach Rider have a chance? Yes. Does that leak help him? Probably not.

Top Bottom