• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If FE13 will gets it's international release I doubt that Roy will remain as popular. Japan might have a special feeling for him, seeing as his game revived the series (and the Japanese are SERIOUS about their Fire Emblemz) and whatnot, but I only see Roy as a possibility if he's again... a last minute clone.

My rank would go like this:

1. Marth, Chrom, Ike
2. Marth, Chrom
3. Marth, Chrom, Ike, Roy
4. Marth, Chrom, Roy
5. Marth, Ike, Roy

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All 4 is the ideal choice, but possibly not the likely choice. Still it's perfectly plausible ether way you look at it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Would Roy be a clone again or actually be given a real moveset? I mean, I don't get why we're demanding a clone of an existing character who had no new game given since the year after Melee's release.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Would Roy be a clone again or actually be given a real moveset? I mean, I don't get why we're demanding a clone of an existing character who had no new game given since the year after Melee's release.
Roy is at the very least going to be luigified if he comes back. I can see him getting Ike's Eruption (and maybe Final Smash) if he comes back.

As for why we want Roy back, there are many reasons despite him being clone.

1. We liked using him in Melee.
2. He helped us get into the Fire Emblem series.
3. We really liked FE6 (at least for me, its one of my favorite games in the FE series)
4. He had a certain charm in Melee that endeared many of us to him (Sakurai has even remarked about this when designing Roy for Melee).

Roy helped get the series localized. When Melee was first released in the West, Roy was more popular than Marth due to his "cooler" design and being easier to use for most players (whom are casual players). Roy very much helped the series be brought over here, and helped resurrect the series in Japan after its long hiatus (FE5 was released in 1999, but it was basically a bomb relative to other Fire Emblem games).

You can like a character just for how they are in Smash Bros. For many people, Roy will always be the vibrant swordsman with the spiky red hair and fiery sword who was many people's first foray into the Fire Emblem world.

There are lots of people who are endeared with the likes of the Ice Climbers and ROB who have not played their games, and have not been relevant for a while. Heck, Ness has long been irrelevant in games (his last game was 1994/1995) as was Marth until his games were remade after Brawl. Ike's games are already as old as Roy's game was when Brawl was released. So Ike, Lucas, and Lucario are already suffering from "relevancy" issues.

Jigglypuff has not been relevant for Pokemon for years, yet no one would question she is an important part to the identity of the Pokemon franchise within Smash Bros. at this point.

The point is that Roy due to his Melee debut, will always be a major part of the identity to Fire Emblem series in the minds of millions, and many people can be endeared to a character despite that character not being relevant in gaming for years and with people having not played their native game/s.

Roy being playable in Smash Bros. Melee, and one of the most popular newcomers introduced in Melee, is the reason why he is one of the most wanted characters for Smash 4 despite his status as a clone in Melee (of which he will likely be luigified for Smash 4).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Okay Chrono I get it (and this is why I think Smash Bros seems just... ... ... )

*Sigh* But gosh. I wish I'd be now feeling bit more hyped about the roster, because so far from what I hear we can only put our best bets on the returning clone characters (save for Mewtwo). But to be honest, I tend to always feel like the roster won't be much pleasing me at the end. But I can blame only myself for not supporting what's popular or what's likely than my personal wishes (who I honestly think aren't likely safe for Saki or Palutena)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay Chrono I get it (and this is why I think Smash Bros seems just... ... ... )

*Sigh* But gosh. I wish I'd be now feeling bit more hyped about the roster, because so far from what I hear we can only put our best bets on the returning clone characters (save for Mewtwo). But to be honest, I tend to always feel like the roster won't be much pleasing me at the end. But I can blame only myself for not supporting what's popular or what's likely than my personal wishes (who I honestly think aren't likely safe for Saki or Palutena)
The only two cut Melee characters with a likely possibility of returning are Mewtwo and Roy. Young Link will only come back if he is swapped back with Toon Link (meaning it will either be Toon Link or Young Link on the roster). So I don't understand why you say "we can only put our best bets on the returning clone characters" when Dr. Mario and Pichu don't really have a shot at all, and Young Link's shot only hinges upon what Sakurai plans to do with the "child Link" spot.

I understand your feeling about the roster not being as exciting as it was with Melee and Brawl, but for me its because most of the big names were already added in with the previous three installments.

I mean just compare K. Rool's resume and popularity with Diddy Kong's. K. Rool is one of the most wanted characters for Smash 4, yet his influence, presence, and popularity all pale in comparison to Diddy Kong (whom was one of the most wanted characters for both Melee and Brawl). Really, K. Rool really did not have his fanbase grow for Smash Bros. until Diddy Kong was confirmed for Brawl. K. Rool was not among the Top 10 most wanted characters for Brawl even after the Brawl unveil.

The pool of potential newcomers has much worse "starpower" than Melee and Brawl did. I am surprised more people have not said that they feel less anticipation this time than they did when following Brawl (or Melee for the few of us that were around then).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The only two cut Melee characters with a likely possibility of returning are Mewtwo and Roy. Young Link will only come back if he is swapped back with Toon Link (meaning it will either be Toon Link or Young Link on the roster). So I don't understand why you say "we can only put our best bets on the returning clone characters" when Dr. Mario and Pichu don't really have a shot at all, and Young Link's shot only hinges upon what Sakurai plans to do with the "child Link" spot.
Ah, well checking that Doc being planned to Brawl, I'm wondering if he's brought back again. Pichu maybe not but we're gonna definitely see a "child Link" again.

I understand your feeling about the roster not being as exciting as it was with Melee and Brawl, but for me its because most of the big names were already added in with the previous three installments.

I mean just compare K. Rool's resume and popularity with Diddy Kong's. K. Rool is one of the most wanted characters for Smash 4, yet his influence, presence, and popularity all pale in comparison to Diddy Kong (whom was one of the most wanted characters for both Melee and Brawl). Really, K. Rool really did not have his fanbase grow for Smash Bros. until Diddy Kong was confirmed for Brawl. K. Rool was not among the Top 10 most wanted characters for Brawl even after the Brawl unveil.

The pool of potential newcomers has much worse "starpower" than Melee and Brawl did. I am surprised more people have not said that feel less anticipation this time than they did when following Brawl (or Melee for the few of us that were around then).
But I think still that we could use more diverse cast now since most of the famous and popular characters have been added now. We have enough of characters that would bring loads of hype but they're restricted because of one way or another, hindering their chances (like Toad because he's still a special move for Peach) or they seem not likely because they're either obscure or irrelevant (Which just makes feel like those who got in Smash are lucky since they'll be so loved by the fandom that they just are untouchable for most part)

But if we're getting even less of them this time actually, then I think Smash Bros would just feel complete in means of "deserving" characters.

But it leaves me kinda in a bitter side. (-l´l-)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Marth, Ike, and Chrom is actually the least likely combination we will see.

Here is what I think is going to happen from most likely to least likely:
1. Marth, Roy, and Ike
2. Marth and Chrom
3. Marth, Chrom, and Roy
4. Marth and Ike
5. Marth, Chrom, and Ike

Keep in mind Roy is one of the two most wanted characters for Smash 4 in Japan, and Roy is one of the Top 10 most wanted characters in the West as well as the most wanted Fire Emblem character overall.
From the perspective of someone who is a fan of gaming in general AND a fan of Nintendo in general BUT not a fan of the Fire Emblem series specifically, I think that from the most likely to the least likely would be:

Marth, Chrom
Marth, Chrom, Ike
Marth, Chrom, Ike, Roy
Marth, Chrom, Roy
Marth, Ike, Roy
Marth, Ike
Marth, Roy

Marth gets the first priority because he's the original Lord and the most recurring Lord and he was in Brawl. Chrom gets the second priority because he's the newest Lord in the newest Fire Emblem game (it's why Ike had the priority over Roy in Brawl). Ike gets the third priority because he was in Brawl so he could be added back in the last minute. Roy gets the last priority because he was in Melee so he could be added back in the last minute but not before Ike.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^I really don't think having only 2 FE characters without either Ike or Roy returning is the most likely option, especially considering the popularity of the characters and the fact that three were already planned for the last game.

I think (in no specific order)
Marth, Chrom, Ike
Marth, Chrom, Roy or
Marth, Ike, Roy

are all more likely that just Marth and Chrom.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ah, well checking that Doc being planned to Brawl, I'm wondering if he's brought back again. Pichu maybe not but we're gonna definitely see a "child Link" again.

But I think still that we could use more diverse cast now since most of the famous and popular characters have been added now. We have enough of characters that would bring loads of hype but they're restricted because of one way or another, hindering their chances (like Toad because he's still a special move for Peach) or they seem not likely because they're either obscure or irrelevant (Which just makes feel like those who got in Smash are lucky since they'll be so loved by the fandom that they just are untouchable for most part)

But if we're getting even less of them this time actually, then I think Smash Bros would just feel complete in means of "deserving" characters.

But it leaves me kinda in a bitter side. (-l´l-)
I too think Toad is one of the most deserving Nintendo characters left to be made playable. I think if he weren't a Peach special he would likely be a shoe-in for Smash 4.

Really, aside from Toad, the only other Nintendo character that had major playable roles in a major Nintendo franchise is Dixie Kong, however, for some reason she is not as requested as K. Rool due to being "just another monkey", which is funny because many of those same people have no problem with another blue-haired powerhouse swordsman being added in.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I quite am waiting for Dixie, I really loved DKC3 and I think she'd complete the DK 4 which is her and K.Rool along with Diddy and DK.

But yeah, I kinda wish Toad would just be given a chance and be taken out from being a meatshield for Peach for good. But we'll see.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Really, aside from Toad, the only other Nintendo character that had major playable roles in a major Nintendo franchise is Dixie Kong, however, for some reason she is not as requested as K. Rool due to being "just another monkey", which is funny because many of those same people have no problem with another blue-haired powerhouse swordsman being added in.
Well, to be fair, "Blue-haired swordsman" is an apt description for most Fire Emblem leads.

And I see no reason why there can't be 4 FE characters. Marth, Ike, Roy, and one other(possibly Chrom, possibly someone else) is pretty likely.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, to be fair, "Blue-haired swordsman" is an apt description for most Fire Emblem leads.

And I see no reason why there can't be 4 FE characters. Marth, Ike, Roy, and one other(possibly Chrom, possibly someone else) is pretty likely.
And all Donkey Kong Country leads are monkeys. Anyway, I think that it is possible for Fire Emblem to get four characters but it most likely will be because Sakurai needed to buff the roster in the last minute with past characters that Sakurai originally cut from SSB4 (Ike then Roy).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's myth that most leads are blue-haired swordsman. The only blue-haired swordsman in the series are Marth, Ike, Sigurd, Celice, and Chrom. That is five lords out of 15 or 1/3.

Only 1/3 of the lords are blue-haired swordsmen. That is far from "most".

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That's myth that most leads are blue-haired swordsman. The only blue-haired swordsman in the series are Marth, Ike, Sigurd, Celice, and Chrom. That is five lords out of 15 or 1/3.

Only 1/3 of the lords are blue-haired swordsmen. That is far from "most".
Alm has blue hair, sometimes. But yeah, you're right. Derp on my part.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Shinpichu: Didn't Alm have green hair, mostly ranging from green to mint-green?
Alm only had blue-hair in-game for FE2 probably due to the Famicom's color hardware limitations (only so many colors could be used for a sprite). In mostof his artwork, Alm always had green hair. In his recent re-design for FE13, he has green hair as well. So he's a green-haired lord all in all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fire Emblem characters always end up popular, even with people who never played the respective games. So whatever they chose, people are gonna eat it up anyway. Though, Fire Emblem was supposed to have 3 characters in Brawl if Roy was brought back. I don't think it's very unlikely to see 3 characters for Fire Emblem. Though, I'm doubting it's gonna include Roy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem characters always end up popular, even with people who never played the respective games. So whatever they chose, people are gonna eat it up anyway. Though, Fire Emblem was supposed to have 3 characters in Brawl if Roy was brought back. I don't think it's very unlikely to see 3 characters for Fire Emblem. Though, I'm doubting it's gonna include Roy.
Like I said earlier, Roy is one of the two most wanted characters in Japan. In the West, Roy is within the Top 10 most wanted characters, and is the most wanted Fire Emblem character overall. He is basically in the same situation as Mewtwo (though Mewtwo has the advantage of being more popular than Lucario everywhere).

It will be interesting to see what Sakurai does with this. He probably knows that if he cuts Lucario and Ike, there will be a lot of tears. He also knows there is a very strong demand for Mewtwo and Roy to be brought back. However, he also seems to want to keep things "current" for Pokemon and Fire Emblem, and Zoroark and Chrom seem like the best bets to represent the present there. I think this is probably one of the bigger roster conundrums that Sakurai is facing. I think Sakurai will try his absolute best to come up with a solution to the Pokemon and Fire Emblem franchises (namely the problem that both of those series have cycling "faces").

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It doesn't seem that hard to bring back the past, keep the present, and bring in the future so to speak. Besides, Mewtwo and Roy not appearing Super Smash Bros. Brawl was due to time and priority pushing them out of the way, not as a desire to bring in the new faces. Meaning that if Mewtwo and Roy were to come back, there is practically nothing stopping them from doing so aside from history repeating itself.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'll say if Ike is not in SSB4, they'll be a bigger backlash than what Roy got being removed from brawl since more people played brawl, also meaning more people played Ike.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The more casual crowd usually plays as Ike because of how ridiculously powerful his smash attacks are. This is especially true on online matches, because of lag screwing up the timing of everything and making Ike much more frustrating to take down. Very few of these people actually care about where the character comes from in the Fire Emblem universe and just play as him for the easiness of mass murder.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem that hard to bring back the past, keep the present, and bring in the future so to speak. Besides, Mewtwo and Roy not appearing Super Smash Bros. Brawl was due to time and priority pushing them out of the way, not as a desire to bring in the new faces. Meaning that if Mewtwo and Roy were to come back, there is practically nothing stopping them from doing so aside from history repeating itself.
This sums it up.
and I agree with Chrono, cutting Lucario and Ike would cause backlash, and not bringing Mewtwo and Roy would cause even more backlash especially if all 4 are never seen again.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
i say roy is going to come back and it wont be hard because his move set can be changed easily,
all the fire emblem characters moves are based off the game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
i say roy is going to come back and it wont be hard because his move set can be changed easily,
all the fire emblem characters moves are based off the game.
Ike seems most nearest to this (due some of his skills like Aether being made into specials), but Marth's and Roy's moves were made up completely for Smash Bros (due their games being strategy games and they don't have any moves which could've translated on Smash Bros.)

Roy had Sword Of Seals though which had the fire sword-attribute to it from his game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ike seems most nearest to this (due some of his skills like Aether being made into specials), but Marth's and Roy's moves were made up completely for Smash Bros (due their games being strategy games and they don't have any moves which could've translated on Smash Bros.)

Roy had Sword Of Seals though which had the fire sword-attribute to it from his game.
meaning that it isn't out of possibility for the dev team change Roy's moveset if he returns.

by the way, Sakurai did say that there will be changes to some returning characters, so I will look forward to how drastic will these changes be.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
meaning that it isn't out of possibility for the dev team change Roy's moveset if he returns.

by the way, Sakurai did say that there will be changes to some returning characters, so I will look forward to how drastic will these changes be.
Yeah I am really excited for the changes! Who knows what he may think up!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
along with Mewtwo, he's one of the most requested characters both in Japan and the West.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am thinking back to pre-Brawl, and us Roy fans are in a much better position this time.

Back during pre-Brawl, we were attacked by all sides. Ike fans, Lyn fans, Sigurd fans, Hector fans, Ephraim fans, Eirika fans, Micaiah fans, Black Knight fans. Over the course of pre-Brawl, the Ike, Lyn, and Sigurd fanbases basically wiped out the Hector, Ephraim, Eirika, and Micaiah fanbases. Sakurai basically wiped out the Lyn fanbase for pre-Brawl with his Assist Trophy update, and the Sigurd fanbase was destroyed when someone actually bothered to translate Sakurai's journal and pre-Melee poll. All the Lyn fans basically jumped ship to Micaiah, and it was only her and Roy that had fanbases left by the twilight of the pre-Brawl period.

Now, the only character fanbases that are left assaulting Roy are those of a wannabe Ike (Chrom) and the scattered remnants of various female Fire Emblem character fanbases (none of which can actually agree of who they want the female Fire Emblem character to be).

Roy is one of the Top 10 most wanted characters for Smash 4, yet most of his supporters are rather quiet about their support for him. We Roy fans need to be more pro-active about supporting our boy, and need to be more forthright about it.

In the coming months, the biggest obstacle will be that the Chrom fanbase will grow as a result of the Western fanbase finally getting to play Fire Emblem Awakening. This is when we will probably start to see some real Chrom fans instead of people that just want to rally behind a character they think will likely get in (expected, not wanted).

Since FE13 will likely be getting some of the highest praise of any Fire Emblem since 2007, we should be prepared for this coming assault. However, at the end of the day, Chrom is simply Fire Emblem's Zoroark. A retread of another popular face from yesterday.

We need to be more aggressive in challenging the lies and mythos of the Roy-hater. That Roy's game was bad. That Roy's inclusion was Intelligent System's decision. That Roy's game sold poorly. That Roy should not return because he was a clone. That Roy is not important to Fire Emblem.

When you internalize such things and such lies, you become demoralized and your fellow allies become demoralized. The reason I think Roy-haters are so aggressive is much like I think the Geno and Krystal fanbases prior to Brawl were so aggressive, a lot of it is insecurity. A lot of them are deeply afraid Roy can return, and if he does return it will be at the expense of a character they personally like (if its anyone other than Chrom, Roy did not steal anyone's spot). The anti-Roy animus is thus driven from insecurity and delusions.

Because a significant contigent of the anti-Roy faction are supporters of various female Fire Emblem characters, one way to demoralize them would be to make it clear their are only four Fire Emblem characters in the fight for Smash 4, Marth, Ike, Roy, and Chrom. If they say Lyn, point out Lyn was nothing more than a tutorial lord and she is unpopular in Japan. If its Micaiah, point out that Ike is already there to represent Tellius. If they support Lucina, point out that Marth's most current design basically would make Lucina nothing more than a lighter, quicker Marth clone at best. These female-character supporters are driven by their lust not logic, so challenging them could prove to be of a greater effort than we think.

Of course, there are also a great deal of ways to also challenge Chrom's worth as a playable character.

However, besides taking the fight to the competition, we Roy fans can also play up the worth of Roy to be in a Smash 4. Tell stories about how we loved using Roy in Melee. Talk about how Roy got us to try out the Smash Bros. series. Talk about Roy's cool new re-design. Talk about Roy's fire sword and the unique abilities to the Sword of Seals. Talk about the prospects of a FE6 remake (which Intelligent Systems is interested in doing, and will probably do if Roy does return for Smash 4). Talk about a Roy that was basically the face of GBA Fire Emblem. Talk about a Roy whose game had a manga in Shonen Jump (show off chapters that show off Roy's abilities in said manga). We all support Roy because at one point brought some enjoyment to ourselves when we played Melee with friends and family, or introduced ourselves to a series (Fire Emblem) that we still enjoy. A Roy that gave us those things from 2001-2007 is a Roy that can give a new generation those things when Smash 4 is released.

Sakurai designed Roy in Melee with the purpose of us falling in love with a character whom we have never experienced their game (Sakurai flat out said in the Melee dojo that although Roy's game had not been release yet, he had a feeling that many people would love Roy for his "charm"). Roy has and can continue to be a character that will make people interested in Fire Emblem, and bring new fans to the series.

If he returns, I can also guarantee he will be one of the most popularly used "newcomers" (though technically he is just a cut veteran).

Roy despite being a clone in Melee, stood apart from Marth, and stood apart from the rest of the cast. If you ask a casual, "Who is Roy" they will respond "that red-headed swordsman with the flaming sword." Such a simple description, yet also a distinctive one that would still set him apart from a roster of over 50 just as much as it did in a roster of 26.

I have a feeling Roy will be among the last characters added for Smash 4, so our fan perseverance may be what gets him on the roster for a character may be on the edge.

Let us reclaim Roy's throne.

Roy for Smash 4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sword of Seals is imo the best GBA Fire Emblem for sure, so that's not the point for me. Heck, it might even be better than Path of Radiance, or at least on par
SoS also luckily doesn't have the ******** hitratings as in RD -Nephenee you miss TWO times with 87% of impact??

But remember that pre-Brawl, PoR was the most recent Fire Emblem yet it wasn't received very well at all in Japan IIRC. Though, Awakening seems to be received extremely good.

And remember that basically ANY Fire Emblem character is pretty much guranteed to be a succes, as at least half of 'fans' of them in Smash don't even know anything about FE in the first place. Hence why they might still go for Chrom on a sales perspective way.

Not hating Roy, but just think the Roy supporters are a bit too optimistic.

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound, I absolutely appreciate your dedication towards Roy's return. You've been fighting this battle for four and a half years and I know you will fight until the bitter end.

I remember your comment on April, 2008 in whch you described Roy's battle. If Roy does return, I would definitely give credit to you for making his return possible.

Between a character that I am neutral for (Chrom) and one that I support (Roy), I'll push for the one I support.

Roy for Smash 4!!!

DarkAres

Smash Rookie

While I'm not a supporter of Roy *holds up shield*, I had some ideas on a new B Moveset for him if he does return:

----------------

Neutral B: Explosion
Works exactly the same as in Melee. Requires a smaller charge time if Down B is currently active.

Down B: Flare Blade
The big thing I'm revolving his moveset around. This would involve Roy holding up the Sword of Seals and lighting it aflame. It's done fairly quickly, and can do a quick hit of damage to nearby people similar to Fox's Reflector. Otherwise it is mainly used as a buff to his other moves; his A moves gain more damage while the fire is lit up, and his B moves get a few better properties as well.

The flame would last only a few seconds though, so you'd have to make use of it. I think it should be easy to re-light, but not too easy or else it will make it so Roy always has it activated. It should be more of a little extra for when you've got a really good setup in front of you, or need a finishing move. I based this off his critical animation.

Side B: Burning Slash
A ranged attacked in which Roy swings the sword and launched a diagonal wave of fire towards the enemy. It looks like a sword slash in animation made of fire, and it has decent range. Explosion effect on contact.

If Down B is active, the wave is larger, more powerful, and has a longer range. I based this off his ranged attack animation.

Up B: Flame Tornado
A fire tornado propels a spinning Roy upwards. Roy himself does more damage than the fire in this move. It can be aimed similar to Fox Fire, but has no charge time and thus can move on less angle options.

If Down B is active, the tornado is wider and more damaging. I don't think it should affect the actual vertical or horizontal recovery of Roy to have Down B active, however.

I based this off...nothing, really. I just thought it was cool.

--------

Tell me what you guys think.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like the idea for side B, but the rest seems a bit... Out of character. I think Roy should keep his Counter though, just look at how he dodges stuff in FE6. But anyway I think that if he gets back, he'll at best ends up being a Luigified Marth clone. And dunno if that's worth the hype around him honestly...

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Chrono, that was beautiful. A masterpiece of a testament to Roy for SSB4.

@DarkAres: That looks like a sick moveset. Very original especially for fire emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom