• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Low Tier City 4 Survival Guide

Overview and General Information

Low Tier City, the largest tournament series in Texas, is about to have its fourth iteration this weekend on June 18 - 19 at the Let’s Play Gaming Expo.

Originally started three years back, the name ‘Low Tier City’ came from Dallas’ (its original host city) reputation for being congested with low tier mains. Once a semi-national Project M event, the series has evolved to become a full-blown national for multiple Smash titles and a PM Circuit qualifier to boot.

The event will mark the second time that a Low Tier City will be held in conjunction with the Let’s Play Gaming Expo. The tournament won’t be the only thing happening at the Plano Center venue, with arcades, cosplay, vendors and panels also in the mix.

Partnering up with organizers Tournament Locator this year are Gunnar, Muffin Bros. Graphics, and FX Game Exchange. With their efforts, a pot bonus of $1250 will be allocated to each singles event.

Streams and Talent

As with most Tournament Locator events, streaming will be done in-house. TLOC’s Twitch channel will be used for Melee and Smash 4. Project M will be streamed on the PM Central Hitbox channel.

The event is stacked in terms of talent. Among the confirmed commentators are Sethlon, Jake13, Infinity, Oracle, and Alpharad, to name a few. In addition, the event will be Sethlon’s national-level debut as a full time commentator.

While the streams will last from start to finish on Saturday and continue on Sunday, the specific timeslots and commentators for the latter can be seen on the image above.

Top Players

Did we forget to mention the people competing? Fret not, as the event is also filled to the brim with a sampler of some of the country’s best throughout all three titles.

Photo by Michael Hathaway (@tl_peanuts)

In Melee, LTC 4 is set to be the fifth Texan event that both Hungrybox (:jigglypuffmelee:) and Mango (:foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee:) will be attending this year; the former being up 2-1 in 1st place finishes in the region this year.

Attendees outside of the gods but still within the MIOMRank include Lucky (:foxmelee:), Wobbles (:icsmelee:), Tai (:marthmelee:), ESAM (:samusmelee:), Javi (:foxmelee:) and Wizzrobe (:falconmelee:).

Photo by Tournament Locator.

Smash 4 at LTC 4 will also be host to another set of rivalries: the Super Smash Con triplet of ZeRo (:4sheik::4diddy:), Nairo (:4zss:) and ESAM (:4pikachu::4corrin:). Since PAX Arena, the three haven’t been in a tournament all at once. Between ZeRo’s recent recovery, Nairo’s flux in results and ESAM’s summertime resurgence, anything can happen.

Apart from these three, the likes of MVD (:4diddy:) , Hyuga (:4tlink:), MJG (:4tlink::4villager:) and Wizzrobe
(:4sheik:) will also be vying for the top spot.

Texan Smash 4 players like Dakpo (:4luigi:) , Mew^2 (:4mewtwo:) and Karna (:4sheik:) are also out in full force bar Trela (:4ryu:), who will only be competing in doubles.

Photo Credit by Tournament Locator.

And of course, it wouldn't be a Low Tier City without Project M. Being a qualifier for the PM Circuit, players exclusive to the game from all over the country will be travelling out.

Aside from most of those mentioned to be competing in Melee, these include the likes of point-frontrunner Junebug (:ganondorf::diddy:) , NorCal’s leading man Thunderzreign (:dk2:), rising star DrinkingFood (:rob:) and Floridan prodigy Mr. Lz (:gw:) .

A slew of Texas' best will also be present to defend their region. Expect to see faces like Strong Bad
(:warioc:), Lunchables (:toonlink::roypm:), Luck (:diddy:), Dakpo (:gw:) and many more.

For a comprehensive list of notables attending the tournament, the image below may prove useful:

Overall, LTC 4 is going to be an exciting event, one that Smash fans shouldn’t miss.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

For more updates on Low Tier City 4, stay tuned on Smashboards. You can also follow the official channels on Twitter or Facebook.

Last edited:

Comments

LTC 4 is set to be the third Texan event that both Hungrybox (:jigglypuffmelee:) and Mango (:foxmelee::falcomelee::marthmelee:) will be attending this year; the former being up 2-0 tournament-wise in the region.

Attendees outside of the gods but still within the MIOMRank include Lucky (:foxmelee:), Wobbles (:icsmelee:), Tai (:marthmelee:), ESAM (:samusmelee:), Javi (:foxmelee:) and Wizzrobe (:sheikmelee:)
Hungrybox isn't up on Mango 2-0 in Texas Majors; Mango is up on Hungrybox 3-1 (his wins come from the first and second sets of Grand Finals at Dream Hack Austin, as well as the first set of Grand Finals at Battle of the Five Gods, with HBox's one win coming from the other set of GF at BotFG.

Also, as much as he may play Falcon like Sheik, Wizzrobe is not a Sheik main lol.

Last edited:
Low Tier City, the largest tournament series in Texas, is about to have its fourth iteration this weekend on July 18 - 19 at the Let’s Play Gaming Expo.
Needs to say June 18 - 19, Im sure it was a simple error but it can and will confuse people if the error doesnt go rectified.

:sheikmelee:
Hungrybox isn't up on Mango 2-0 in Texas Majors; Mango is up on Hungrybox 3-1 (his wins come from the first and second sets of Grand Finals at Dream Hack Austin, as well as the first set of Grand Finals at Battle of the Five Gods, with HBox's one win coming from the other set of GF at BotFG.

Also, as much as he may play Falcon like Sheik, Wizzrobe is not a Sheik main lol.
My b, my b. Wizzy is competing in most of the games so I screwed up there as I thought I was putting his Sm4sh main, which is Sheik.

Forgot Austin happened a bit recently. Oh, and I mean tournament wins, not sets so 2-1 actually.

BOFG and PAX to Hbox, Austin to Mango.

Needs to say June 18 - 19, Im sure it was a simple error but it can and will confuse people if the error doesnt go rectified.
Fixed. You could say we're a bit too hyped for EVO xD.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Popi Popi surprised you didn't specifically mention Lunchables and Mr. Lz, considering they were in Grand Finals of last week's national, Smash n Splash 2. I could give you a more detailed list of notable PM entrants if you'd like

Last edited:
Popi Popi surprised you didn't specifically mention Lunchables and Mr. Lz, considering they were in Grand Finals of last week's national, Smash n Splash 2. I could give you a more detailed list of notable PM entrants if you'd like
Honest mistake on Lunchables there, shouldn't have forgotten the best Tink/Roy out there atm.

On Mr. Lz, I didn't know he was going. Smash.gg was being a bit wonky with their list of entrants.

Will add em in plus you and a few others, thanks for the heads up!

D
you forgot to mention texas' cutest captain falcon main, me

smh

So what is there a limit as to whom you could play as, as in what's the highest tier you could go the best of the worst? I am so confused!

Top Bottom