• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Literal Superstar: Starfy for SSB4 (Assist Trophy status apparently confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just curious, but has anyone played the other 4 Starfy games? Is there an online rom where I can play it in English?
And whats the difficulty of them?

I have 3 and played through 1 and 2.

1 is pretty straightforward and easy, 2 to some degree but pads bit too long with "gasp" 12 worlds.

3 IMO is best, while still on the easy side is pretty dang fun and provides a lot of memorable stuff.

I gotta yet get 4, I hope it spins things a bit (nopunintended) due some new techniques and the whole "MP"-meter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd definitely say Horsetail should have it.

Although, Horsetail, if it proves too much for you, I'd gladly be the next-in-line after you to take care of this thread. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But both the Wii U and 3DS version will have the same roster, so Starfy for SSB4 and SSB5. ;)

Since apparently Sakurai's said that these will be the "fourth and fifth" installments of Smash Bros.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think you just need to contact MSG, and then he'll give you the OP, if Habanero agrees (which I believe he already has).

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Starfy is somewhat of a rival, for lack of a better term, to Kirby but they would play differently as Kirby is more hard-hitting and floaty whereas Starfy, I would imagine, could rack up a hell of a lot of combos and use his Sonic-like meteor attacks to actually KO players. I just hope Sakurai thought of this too :(

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Yes, I'm NOT the only person in the world who likes Starfy! Ironically, Brawl was what first got me into him, as when I saw the commercial on TV for his U.S. debut, I remembered how Brawl said he was a Japan-specific character and BOUGHT THAT **** IMMEDIATELY. I also 100 percented it, literally - beat all levels in all 8 worlds and the two secret ones, got all the treasures, beat boss rush mode with Starfy AND Starly, and even got the entirety of the game's equivalent of trophies... and then I lost the game. :'(

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Something I haven't though of; If Sakurai did consider Starfy, I think his ability to switch costumes might end up hindering his chances. I would imagine that it would take just as much memory to load a new model of Starfy in a new costume as it would be to run the Ice Climbers. Which is one of the problems that keeps being brought up in interviews.

Never gonna give up hope though.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Something I haven't though of; If Sakurai did consider Starfy, I think his ability to switch costumes might end up hindering his chances. I would imagine that it would take just as much memory to load a new model of Starfy in a new costume as it would be to run the Ice Climbers. Which is one of the problems that keeps being brought up in interviews.

Never gonna give up hope though.
Well look at Kirby's copy ability hats, that counts as alternate models for different moves right? Besides, Starfy will probably only have 2 or 3 moves with costumes/ other models if he gets in (Which I hope he does!)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just wondering...does Mario and Sonic Guy know that Horsetail wants to be the owner?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, that'd help. I thought you guys already asked him. My mistake.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So I beat Densetsu no Stafi 3 several years ago, and I 100% beat The Legendary Starfy when it came out. I can definitely say I support Starfy.

There's one thing I don't understand about all you moveset creators in the thread, however.

Why isn't this the Final Smash of choice? Starpedo felt much more in character of Starfy, being able to swim around better and completely wreck things up. I'd much rather see the stage get flooded as Starfy flies around in this transformation.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
So I beat Densetsu no Stafi 3 several years ago, and I 100% beat The Legendary Starfy when it came out. I can definitely say I support Starfy.

There's one thing I don't understand about all you moveset creators in the thread, however.

Why isn't this the Final Smash of choice? Starpedo felt much more in character of Starfy, being able to swim around better and completely wreck things up. I'd much rather see the stage get flooded as Starfy flies around in this transformation.
Flooding the stage was floating around in my head for a Final Smash as well. But I always thought Starpedo should be a killing move on Starfy's regular moveset.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Managed to pick up a used copy of The Legendary Starfy for a trip of mine, and I have to say I'm officially a whole hearted supporter of the little guy. The game itself is quite endearing in a lot of ways. Starfy's personality is actually quite amusing, and I hope if he is playable that doesn't get lost in translation between games. With his own moves, Starly's and the Monstar abilities, he is much more versatile than even I thought. Of course it goes without saying he should be able to have an advantage in stages with large abundance of water. Might be an interesting mechanic like with aerial characters.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Starfy and "dark" are really big contrasts. At least from where I'm at in the game. Really hoping at the very least the Smash 3DS gets a Starfy stage. A Gluglug Lagoon stage would be really cool to see. Maybe change the water mechanics around for the stage where characters can fight underwater.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Managed to pick up a used copy of The Legendary Starfy for a trip of mine, and I have to say I'm officially a whole hearted supporter of the little guy. The game itself is quite endearing in a lot of ways. Starfy's personality is actually quite amusing, and I hope if he is playable that doesn't get lost in translation between games. With his own moves, Starly's and the Monstar abilities, he is much more versatile than even I thought. Of course it goes without saying he should be able to have an advantage in stages with large abundance of water. Might be an interesting mechanic like with aerial characters.
Exact same thing happened to me. Once you play the game, you can't help but support him since it's so obvious that he would be perfect for Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nice to see Star's a Starfy supporter now, haha. And yeah, playing the game all those years ago made me a Starfy supporter through and through.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Playing the game also makes me hope they change the water mechanics around some -- at least for a Starfy stage if nothing else. May not be the most competitive conscious idea but having where other characters fight slower underwater while Starfy -- and Squirtle should he return -- is able to freely move and attack without impediment. So Starfy players could take advantage of the stage by trying to get opponents into the water and taking advantage of the disadvantage. Even if the water mechanics were left alone Sakurai could still make Starfy an unsinkable character and keep the water game in tact. Only problem I could see is a bunch of Starfy players camping in the water, but for the most part, most of the stages in Brawl that have water either move or have hazards that would reduce this problem.

Just some ideas I've had after getting past several worlds.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How about just having Starfy move and attack freely as if he is underwater? Samus jumps as if she is in outer space in Smash even though some of the stages are not in outer space.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
How about just having Starfy move and attack freely as if he is underwater? Samus jumps as if she is in outer space in Smash even though some of the stages are not in outer space.
Or Maybe his Final Smash could be flooding the stage with water to gain a "home field" advantage?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Welcome aboard Star! It's been more than long for me to play any Starfys myself...

I would imagine Starfy moving in the air amazingly (like underwater) and being bit sluggish on ground but with some potent attacks, reflecting to his movement from ground-to-water in his games. This would make him bit more translatable to Smash in means of playstyle. I dunno about the water mechanic-thing but I believe that if Starfy was brought in, the water mechanics might come in play for the stages as well.

I still stand behind Star Coin from Stafy 4 as the FS. It would really make both players feel thrilled for seeing if it hits heads or tails.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Decided to bump this for my man Starfy. I can't believe how many people don't see the potential this guy could bring.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Decided to bump this for my man Starfy. I can't believe how many people don't see the potential this guy could bring.
I know! They're just so ignorant of his potential due to Sakurai giving him a bad assist trophy power in Brawl :/ I'm hoping for him to be in.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I think what some people feel is that Starfy has no potential but let's change that! He has a moveset in-game practically and has multiple suits he can use! Anyone else care to add?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People who think Starfy has no potential clearly have never played his games before. They're likely basing it off his AT, which was pretty poor representation of him, everything considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom