• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Literal Superstar: Starfy for SSB4 (Assist Trophy status apparently confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only one he mispelled was Samurai Goroh, going with the Japanese "Goro" speilling on his Dojo update. It was fixed the following day.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman

Hopefully people haven't forgotten about Stafy already​

I still think that this theme would be great if it gets included in a sad cut-scene or realization within Adventure mode. Anyone else?

For argument's sake; I'll write something for you all to imagine. Referring to the Smash bros 4 Adventure thread; Hypothetically lets say that individual stories with branching/separate/interconnected paths and different endings are present like we discussed before. You play Stafy's side and progress through a particular story path meeting the likes of Kirby, Geno, Wario; and other particular characters; depending on the path and choices you've taken.

In the end, you face yourself against
Nightmare; the ultimate evil force behind all the baddies and bosses. You beat Nightmare in gameplay and then goes to a cut-scene where stafy finishes off Nightmare in a final blow. Kirby and Geno are at his side; trying to help as well; with the Smash cast cheering and helping in someway. Suddenly an explosion occurs in the air; with either Stafy/Kirby/Geno disappearing. Nightmare has been defeated; but what happened?

The cast looks up into the night sky; with Stafy's face (or Geno/Kirby; heck even Master Hand for argument's sake) outlined in the stars

Tell me that a sad scene/realization like this won't go perfectly with that song, especially when songs like this are usually remastered and redone in the Smash bros series :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think people tend to forget about Starfy because of everything else going on in this world. Then again not many people want something that is like Starfy in this game due to being unappealing or whatever.

Also that is a neat picture of Evil right there.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Epic pic of Evil. Stafy 3 was my childhood.

I wonder myself about Starfy's chances. He had made it out of Japan and gained some fandom but it's not that much to add him in. Though people in Japan tend to request him enough to be distantly comparable to Shulk.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still feel Starfy has quite good odds, and is definitely a "dark horse" candidate that people underestimate.

D

Deleted member

I feel the main hurdle for Starfy was that he was Japan-exclusive, and we all know Sakurai's stance on characters that are Japan-exclusive.

Since he's not anymore, I feel his chances have increased quite a bit.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dark horse choices are hard to predict since they're very unpredictable. But of course every game will have that dark horse character sneaked in, which is one reason I support Starfy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, Starfy to me seems like the least of a dark horse among the other dark horses, if that makes any sense. I dunno. I just think he'll be in, especially since he's apparently pretty popular overseas, being the second most-commonly suggested new series character behind Shulk.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm crossing my fingers for Starfy. He's still one of my most wanted characters ever since I played The Legendary Starfy. Sure, the DS game wasn't ground-breaking but the character seems like a good choice as a Smash fighter.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think one reason that I support him is just that he, you know, "fits" so well. Smash at its core is about a bunch of Nintendo characters fighting each other in goofy ways. Starfy's got the moves, and he's a natural klutz. He just fits in my eyes.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
He seems pretty zany to me. He wouldn't be a powerhouse character, but more like Jigglypuff in terms of being floaty and less powerful with alot of its attacks.

However, I'm not saying Starfy would be too weak; it would just balance out with his small stature

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I couldnt beilieve this thread when i saw it because i thought starfy was the floaty star thing that hovers around Roselina in the Mario galaxy games..

I was like/thinking ''Really..''

Hey do look sooo similar.xD clones...

:phone:

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Nah, they're pretty different hahahaha :). The Lumas are those little stars around Rosalina, basically the space equivalent of Toads to her in a way

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Was making alt. palettes for Starfy since I'm adding him as a new character in a fictional new Smash game in a machinima I'm making. I thought I'd be fine to share them here.

[COLLAPSE="Alt Colors"]
[/COLLAPSE]
01 - Default
02 - Red
03 - Blue
04 - Green
05 - Pink (Based on Starly or Kirby, take your pick)
06 - Black (Based on Moe the Clam)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wooow, these aren't too bad. I though think these could use some distinguishing instead of being recolored. Starly-one for example could have a ribbon and stuff and black one could have something of an accessory.

Also IF ANYTHING, the recolors MUST HAVE some kind of a costume as a homage to Starfy's games always having a "costume" feature in the menus. It's a must.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Even though his games (well, one anyway) have had an international release and did pretty well given it's a non-Mario/Pokemon/Zelda IP on the DS, I really feel that Brawl was the now or never moment for Starfy, the series was still huge in Japan then and thanks to emulating/messageboards people overseas were supportive of him making it, the series isn't what it used to be.

I would gladly love to be proven wrong and Starfy's fate in Smash isn't limited to a ****ty AT, but I can't help but feel nowhere near as optimistic as pre-Brawl.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On the other hand, I think the odds are better now due to Sakurai on the record saying that he tends to stay away from Japan-only characters. Maybe that will make Starfy's pre-Brawl merits carried over in Sakurai's eyes, but moreso due to an international release? Just for some optimism.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
On the other hand, I think the odds are better now due to Sakurai on the record saying that he tends to stay away from Japan-only characters. Maybe that will make Starfy's pre-Brawl merits carried over in Sakurai's eyes, but moreso due to an international release? Just for some optimism.
I hope so, too. It's just that Starfy is second-party (TOSE) and that is a little disheartening, considering how Sakurai tends to put first-party Nintendo characters in Smash before second-party Nintendo characters. But then I remember that Starly's trophy was in the Fighter-Related category even though Starfy himself isn't playable in Brawl... and that gives me a reason to hold onto hope, even if it is probably false hope.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Starfy is pretty likely now even though I've never played his games before. He was still quite advertised before one of his games finally made it outside Japan. He had a poster in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga and I believe he (or somebody who looked like him) appeared as an enemy in Super Princess Peach. Plus there's also Brawl.

I don't know but I just feel Starfy is a shoe in. He's just that likely. So personally I wouldn't worry too much. But that's just me... ^^;

MagnesD3

Smash Master
After thinking about a neat attack design for starfy I though he could be a really cool addition being based on spin attack pressure.

B: STAR SPIN: Stary does a very quick high priority spin attack that will hit a few times and pushes the opponent alittle away on hit and on block, it can be charge by holding down be to give it up to twice the amount of spins, great ground pressure move.
B Up: RISING TORRENT: Starfy goes straight up spinning (similar to warios b up but the hitbox is bigger) and water is surrounding him.
B Over: SHOOTING STAR: Starfy spins into the air in a hill ark similar to mystic smash used by shuma gorath in UMVC3, goes until starfy hits the ground again.
B Down: STAR SPRAY: Starfy does water attack similar to squirtles and marios, it does damage though has very little startup time (cant be charged) and has the smallest range out of the 3 water attacks, good for ending blockstrings after and offensive of spins.

Starfy would be light to average, have terrible walk speed but great air maneuverability and have terrible but damage output and not very many kill moves. He would be similar to sonic in regards of doing small amounts of damage easily but not so good at killing. Starfy would mostly be a air pressure kind of character that leads into ground pressure.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's sort of funny that whenever someone makes a Starfy moveset, the Neutral and Down B are always the Star Spin and the Shooting Star, respectively.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This thread's been inactive for a while, so I think it's time that we can stir up some discussion again.

That being said, sunglasses costume for Starfy? I think so.

Anyone have any other costume ideas?

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Bump!~​

This thread's been inactive for a while, so I think it's time that we can stir up some discussion again.

That being said, sunglasses costume for Starfy? I think so.

Anyone have any other costume ideas?

I'm pretty sure any of the costumes he's had in his games would be pretty good as alts. Hopefully I'll try to find pics since posting what he should wear "by words" alone isn't able to capture how it would look like to people new to the series

EDIT: Take your pic folks. Here are all the costumes he has; since posting them all in one batch would be simply too much for me :-). Discuss what you think!

http://starfywiki.org/Wanted_Kisekae

http://starfywiki.org/Densetsu_no_Starfy_2/Stuff

http://starfywiki.org/Densetsu_no_Starfy_3/Stuff

http://starfywiki.org/Densetsu_no_Starfy_4/Stuff

http://starfywiki.org/The_Legendary_Starfy/Stuff

All of them, well most are pretty cool. See what you like; they're pretty awesome in my opinion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bumpity bump bump. What's with this thread dying so often? Oh! I know! The support signature isn't posted.

Here's a Starfy Support Icon, courtesy of Young Horsetail!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's the spirit, Horsetail!

If anything, the Villager's reveal paved the way for Starfy, considering it shows that not everything Sakurai said or did pre-Brawl is set in stone.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the real problem that Starfy has is getting the appeal of a broad audience. While I will repeat my statement of, "I don't care who gets in as long as Ridley, K.Rool, etc... get in", Starfy does not appeal to me as a playable character whatsoever.

Not that that would mean anything, because he could get in based off of Sakurai's actions with the Villager.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Maybe there'll be a trailer where Rosalina walks into the battle arena, winks at the camera, and then runs away as her star pal leaps off her shoulder into the fray with happy, bloodthirsty grin. :p

Newcomer: STARFY

That'd be... hilarious. I wouldn't mind seeing him as the smallest fighter yet, keep him the size of his Assist Trophy.
(While he's not really a character I heavily support, his inclusion would definitely make me smile.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It is true that Starly's trophy is in the fighter related section. You can even check your own game.

But Starfy being planned is nothing more than a theory.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I doubt it would be a case like that, but boy would I be happy.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Omfg I can't believe I forgot about Starfy, he was the one AT from Brawl that made me really disappointed that he wasn't a actual playable character.

100% supported, lets hope he gets in this time.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Starfy

Attributes:
Speed: 6
Weight: 4
Jump: 5
Height: 4

Using Starfy:
Starfy is a fairly slow character, he is also light and can get knocked very easily. But all that is covered aside with many of spin moves involving barriers that reflect projectiles and cancel out attacks that can annoy the heck out of the opponent if Starfy is used right. Starfy users will need to rely on these wave moves to space out from opponents. He has a very good chaingrab game involving the U-Throw, but be careful when grabbing, as Starfy lacks reliable moves to get out of a situation once pummeled close by the opponent.

Starfy Moveset:

Neutral Combo: Starfy swifts his arms diagonally upward then downward, then finishes with a spin kick with good knockback . 1st hit 2%, 2nd hit 2%, 3rd hit 5%

Neutral Side: Starfy swifts his arms to create small ocean wave with fair knockback. Good for spacing out from opponents. 6%

Neutral Dash: Starfy low spins (just like Starly’s) to multihit the opponent with fair knockback. 6%

Neutral Down: Starfy low spins at the opponent while gaining a very small distance. It has slightly fair knockback. 4%

Neutral Up: Starfy claps up a small ocean wave, this has good range to keep away from above opponents and can be abused many times, it has good knockback. 7%

Air Attacks:

N-Air: Starfy spins himself in a circular fashion. Like Kirby’s, only starts up much fast and multihits the opponent with fair knockback. 5%

F-Air: Starfy spins himself sideways, multihitting the opponent with good knockback. Similar to Wario’s B-Air. 7%

D-Air: Starfy spins himself upside down, multihitting the opponent with good knockback. Similar to Wario’s B-Air. 6%

B-Air: Starfy creates a small ocean wave back out from the opponent for good straight knockback. This ocean wave has good range to space and cancel any projectile if timed right. 8%

U-Air: Starfy spits out a quick spout of water with good range to keep away from the opponent with good knockback. 7%

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: Starfy swifts up a bigger but thinner ocean wave that greatly knockbacks the opponent. This Smash attack can also be angled. (16% in full charge)

Down Smash: Starfy low spins himself to create short ocean waves that cancel out any projectile, with good knockback. (12% in full charge)

Up Smash: Starfy back flips to create thin but powerful vertical ocean wave that knockbacks the opponent in great knockback. (16% in full charge)

Throws:

F-Throw: Starfy quickly spin-tosses the opponent intensely that has surprisingly good knockback. (6%)

B-Throw: Starfy quickly spin-tosses the opponent backwards with fairly good knockback. (7%)

U-Throw: Starfy quickly toss the opponent up gracefully with very low knockback. This can also be used for chain-grabs. (4%)

D-Throw: Starfy body-slams the opponent with very good knockback. (9%)

Special Moves:

Star Spin (N-Spec): Starfy spins to create wave barriers that multihits the opponent. This move also reflects projectiles and cancels any physical attack. However, if abused (about 3 times) rapidly, Starfy will temporarily become dizzy. (6%)

Quick Star Spin (S-Spec): Starfy quickly spins to gain a short horizontal distance (helpful for recovering to the edge) while also gaining smaller wave barriers that reflect only projectiles. This can also make Starfy dizzy temporarily (if abused 3 times rapidly). (4%)

Spin Dive (D-Spec): Starfy quickly spin dives down to avoid any attacks, while also giving Starfy smaller wave barriers to reflect projectiles. This can only be used in the air. Unlike Starfy’s other spins, this does not make Starfy dizzy if abused. (7%)

Ultra Star Spin (U-Spec): Starfy spins himself to a drill to rocket a good distance to the opponent, with great knockback and multihits the opponent. This gives Starfy some gratitude to avoid any edgeguarding by the opponent. However that hitbox is only on Starfy’s head, so prepare to hit accurately. Once this move is used, it leaves Starfy in a helpless state. (14%)

Final Smash: Super Star Whirl: Starfy spins himself intensely to create a fairly large whirlpool. This whirlpool sucks the oppenent up in the air to an instant KO. (15%)

Taunts:

U-Taunt: Starfy grabs a big pearl from a treasure chest and shows it off.

Side-Taunt: Starfy looks at Moe jumping and surrounding around him.

D-Taunt: Starfy waves a hello.

Victory Themes:
1. Starfy claps around in joy, similar to how he is after he completes a stage in “The Legendary Starfy”
2. Starfy swims around the ceremony
3. Starfy low-spins everywhere until he gets dizzy and blushes, that scratches his back.

Against Starfy:

Battling against Starfy can be pretty tough against if your character relies on projectles. When Starfy begins to use spin moves quickly jump above and attack from below. Be extra careful when you attempt to edgeguard Starfy, as when he aims for you with his Ultra Star Spin, you be knockbacked greatly. If your character relies on close range, try to trick Starfy into using Star Spin, and roll dodge from the other side to attack him from behind, be extra cautious when Starfy begins his grab game. Starfy users will constantly get out a situation with using spin dive, so try to predict his moves when you near close to him in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom