• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I'm bored so here's some ideas I had for Roy:

Second Idling Animation (Since pretty much everyone has one from Brawl onward) - Roy twirls his sword and briefly sheaths it behind him, then unsheathes the sword after a brief moment and resumes back into his normal stance. Similar to his standing pose as a Great Lord/Master Lord.
Jab - Now a three hit combo with more utility. Roy does two horizontal slashes and then a stab forward. Has good speed and range, and moderate power. Last hit is similar to F-tilt in animation. Deals more damage and has a little more knockback if hit near the hilt.
F-tilt - Similar to Project M, Roy does a long stab forward that can be angled. Based on his classic attack animation.
U-tilt - I think they could do it like Project M, where it's like Marth's but starts from behind instead? Or just leave it as it is.
His Aerials - All of them have more overall utility.
  • Up Aerial - New! Stab upward similar to Link's maybe?
  • Neutral Aerial - Slightly faster and with a bit more range. PH1R3 effects.
  • Forward Aerial - Is about the same, but with more utility.
  • Down Aerial - Can spike much easier thanks to a better placed sweetspot for it. Has PH1R3 effect.
  • Back Aerial - New! Roy turns around and does a stab outward with his sword. Good speed and knockback. Changes Roy's direction.
Smash Attacks - Have a bit more utility when not hit with the sweetspots.
  • Up Smash - Hits can link together much easier compared to Melee. Also has PH1R3 Effects.
  • Down Smash - New! Roy raises his sword and plunges it into the ground, creating a small burst of fire. Sort of like a tiny version of Ike's Eruption, except keeping the red fire effects like Brawl.
  • Forward Smash - Has a tweaked animation in my mind where Roy does the slash down while holding the sword with both of his hands, but is overall the same. Sourspot is slightly stronger.
Flare Blade - Roy's signature attack. Is about the same as in Melee (Including animation since Marth doesn't use it for Shield Breaker anymore), except a bit tougher throughout and having more profound PH1R3 effects.
Blazer - I like this move so it stays. Is about the same, but with a bit more knockback near the end and a new spiraling animation! c:

And that's all I have really for now. Lemmie know what you think of some of my ideas. I don't have ideas for everything now, but I was trying to think of ways to differentiate him from Marth while taking some notes from other characters and how his attack animations look as well as just some overall improvements... And some irresistible ideas from Project M.
This is a good start and I wouldn't worry too much about his A moves. Roy could have similar A moves to Marth's but with just tweaked animations (like his Nair/Uptilt in Project M) he could also get a different sword user A moves if they really can't think of new animations like they did with Shulk's A moves.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
This is a good start and I wouldn't worry too much about his A moves. Roy could have similar A moves to Marth's but with just tweaked animations (like his Nair/Uptilt in Project M) he could also get a different sword user A moves if they really can't think of new animations like they did with Shulk's A moves.
Yeah, I know some of the A moves are just wishful thinking on my part most likely. I do feel like they need to incorporate Roy's actual attack animations from his game in some way though, even if it is just one or two moves. I dunno what they would do, but it is just speculating after all. Using other A moves as references could work as well, though some moves are fine in their current state. Just trying to think of ways to improve Roy and declone him without going too crazy.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Unless Roy's FE game somehow gets a remake for the 3DS, I don't really see him getting in the game as DLC. Though I would like to see him back.
On that matter- I'd like to see a FE7/FE6 game, with similar mechanics to the romance system presented in FE4/FE13. Now that the romance system is a success, it may be a good opportunity to do this. And maybe just like FE12, it could also be a good opportunity to make a good use of the Avatar feature. Mark/Tactician could now become a playable unit, and maybe his/her descendant would fill in their part during the FE6 plot.

Then again, this is me doing some wishful thinking. But I'd buy that game, for realsies.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
On that matter- I'd like to see a FE7/FE6 game, with similar mechanics to the romance system presented in FE4/FE13. Now that the romance system is a success, it may be a good opportunity to do this. And maybe just like FE12, it could also be a good opportunity to make a good use of the Avatar feature. Mark/Tactician could now become a playable unit, and maybe his/her descendant would fill in their part during the FE6 plot.

Then again, this is me doing some wishful thinking. But I'd buy that game, for realsies.
If this happened all of my money will belong to Nintendo and I would not shed a single tear because of it.

I want my Avatar to marry Lyndis so badly!

Also with possible remakes we could see, maybe and most likely unlikely, FE7 characters getting the Smash Bros Lovin *cough cough*Hector*cough cough*

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

A lot of people would love a game like this... and I do think it it's a step in the right direction.

The way I see it, the pros of remaking FE6/7:

- FE6 = nostalgic for Japan. FE7 = nostalgic for the West + already interested in Roy thanks to Smash
- Obviously fixing flaws the game has
- Potential inheritance system
- Roy and Eliwood don't have blue hair

And hey, they should

give Roy some sort of dragon skill if you pair Eliwood and Ninian. That, or make Roy able to use Dragonstones as well as the SoS. Most OP lord in 3... 2... 1...

I'd say at least remaking FE6 is probably one of the safer options out of all the Japanese-only FE games, as Roy does have a lot of exposure thanks to Melee (plus a higher-up at IS did state he would like to give Roy a proper introduction in the West... Oh, I will be counting the days. Maybe VC?).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
A lot of people would love a game like this... and I do think it it's a step in the right direction.

- FE6 = nostalgic for Japan. FE7 = nostalgic for the West + already interested in Roy thanks to Smash

And hey, they should

give Roy some sort of dragon skill if you pair Eliwood and Ninian. That, or make Roy able to use Dragonstones as well as the SoS. Most OP lord in 3... 2... 1...

I'd say at least remaking FE6 is probably one of the safer options out of all the Japanese-only FE games, as Roy does have a lot of exposure thanks to Melee (plus a higher-up at IS did state he would like to give Roy a proper introduction in the West... Oh, I will be counting the days. Maybe VC?).
Intelligent Systems, please read this. Great idea, Crophmaru! The inheritance system would work well with an FE 6 + 7 game, since the player (Robin, please stay. You're way better than some off-screen person than we only hear of once and never again) can have the option of either playing them like Genealogy where the children gain their parents' skills (And yes, I'm all aboard the Eliwood X Ninian shipping. One of the reasons being a father to dragons is cause of this pairing...
Yes, I married Nowi because human-dragon kids that obliterate the battlefield are awesome...
or you could play them as separate games... Yep, Intelligent Systems, when you finish SMT X FE, before you head over to Fire Emblem VS Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem 14 Blazing Seals please.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

And hey, they should

I can picture it now

Fire Emblem 6+7: The Blazing Seals (Great name by the way @ Strider_Bond00J Strider_Bond00J )

Maybe then we can find out what the heck happened to most of the characters from FE7 besides Marcus

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And hey, they should

But if Roy returns as a Manakete, he would be too BIG to be playable (Ridley joke). :troll:

Though remaking FE6 would be a great idea since it would be a great way of making him relevant and have more "muh uniqueness" for Smash.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
But if Roy returns as a Manakete, he would be too BIG to be playable (Ridley joke).

Though remaking FE6 would be a great idea since it would be a great way of making him relevant and have more "muh uniqueness" for Smash.
I can see Roy's name spelt out in this. Ridley confirmed to be Ninian's great ancestor. :p

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Roy's face when he finds out that Nergal was his grandfather:

Roy's face when he finds out that his grandfather banged a dragon:

I know nothing's official, but the comedic potential to too good to pass up.

EliNini isn't canon.
We know. But if the FE6/7 remake has an inheritance system, well, if Nah!Morgan can use Dragonstones, then perhaps Ninian!Roy can. IS is kinda wonky on the rules in the past and they're probably gonna retcon things... Like, it would be kinda weird if Roy can transform, but not Sophia.

But yeah, SoS is awesome, would prefer Roy to not lose it. But having a dragon lord would be something unique hrm... dunno how IS would handle things anyway, as the SoS plays an important part in the story...

But if Roy returns as a Manakete, he would be too BIG to be playable (Ridley joke). :troll:
Idoun's TOO BIG

Cut Idoun, make Zephiel final boss instead :troll:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Roy is going to be in, no doubt, since they already added Dr. Mario and Mewtwo. Though I can say the same for Young Link and Pichu..

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
Just saw this posted on gfaqs, the http://www.royforsmash4.com/ website, which has been remodeled, is picking up some steam. Head on over and lend your support if you haven't already. I already planned on emailing Nintendo to do some of my share since I don't do social media (and some evidence that they're actually good with reading and responding...).

Definitely gonna fight for my boy 'til the end!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Bad, Nintendo (or whoever's making the joke), bad.

Overused jokes are bad in general. Show some more wit, will ya?

I've been meaning to say this before, so I guess I'll just spit it out now.

:roypm: and :4roy: are totally different characters with legitimate fanbases. Not only that, but they're very distinguished characters off the bat -- one's a bishounen prince, the other is an evil, overgrown turtle. So what if they have the same names? They're more distinguishable than Pit and Dark Pit. And besides, when you play as Bowser Jr. or any of the Koopalings, you're technically playing as the Clown Car itself. Most of the time, the Koopa is covered by the car, and the only time you see the full body of the Koopa is during a few select moves and the final result screen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no one should be rejected as playable due to having a fighter with the same name (plus, there's some simple solutions to the problem). I mean, Sakurai and his team are innovative devs. This so called "problem" (which really isn't) should be the least of their worries when there's easy solutions and bigger problems already *glares at ICs* So, in the end, try not to make :4roy: the scapegoat too much, but blame Nintendo or whoever is making jokes/whatever.

Also, expect the OP to be updated with important info soon~

Last edited:

IceColdSoda

Smash Cadet
I feel like Roy still has a chance as DLC, I always did. Nintendo even seems to be acknowledging him through the Marth pallete swap and even that Roy Koopa post. My friend made this website, so you guys should check it out (I discussed with him on some of the things that should be put on it).
http://www.royforsmash4.com/

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Now that I got your attention, OP's been updated with info pertaining to ways people could support and reach out (social media, letters, ect.). I'd really appreciate if people could spend some time reading it.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
:roypm: and :4roy: are totally different characters with legitimate fanbases. Not only that, but they're very distinguished characters off the bat -- one's a bishounen prince, the other is an evil, overgrown turtle. So what if they have the same names? They're more distinguishable than Pit and Dark Pit.
If we get Roy in the game, this is what I'll do.
1V1
No Items
Roy only.
Gaur Plains Ω
"You Will Know Our Names"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Now that I got your attention, OP's been updated with info pertaining to ways people could support and reach out (social media, letters, ect.). I'd really appreciate if people could spend some time reading it.
Holy ****! Is that my cat? O_o

I've seen the new OP updates and it's good that we Roy fans will reach further outside the box in order for our boy to reclaim his former glory as "Our Boy".

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Holy ****! Is that my cat? O_o

I've seen the new OP updates and it's good that we Roy fans will reach further outside the box in order for our boy to reclaim his former glory as "Our Boy".
Yes, when you were sleeping I stole your cat, then took pics of him. :evil:

Jk, it's my kitty. I like to dress him up (via photoshop)

[collapse= My cat]
[/collapse]

But thanks for reading. Hopefully we could get more people on board with this.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hey.
So with the addition of Mewtwo and the exclusion of Ridley, our boy Roy has jumped up on my Smash DLC wishlist, just behind King K. Rool. In my free time, I love to tinker a little with Smash Bros. Melee, and with the release of Smash 4, I thought it'd be fun to do some adjustments to the moves of fighters in the game.

Roy in particular was a lot of fun - for many years, I was guilty of supporting him, but I'd never actually played his game up until about a month ago. I'd argue that with the Sword of Seals alone, Roy has the potential to become one of the most unique swordsmen in Smash, right up there with Shulk. His sword always lights ablaze before it strikes, it has the ability to shoot long-ranged explosive projectiles that cover the distance of an archer's bow, and it can even heal its master! I was amazed at just what could be done with Roy... so here are some examples :)

Altered dash attack, keeping the sword near his chest as opposed to swinging lower to the ground

Altered up-tilt attack, keeping it close and dangerous but covering more towards his body

New Up Smash; Roy thrusts his sword skyward, nudging his opponent above him, and after a small delay, the tip of the sword explodes

New Down Smash, my personal favorite; the Sword of Seals strikes the ground, creating explosive pillars that travel a little ways from Roy

And of course, every single hit with Roy's sword (save for the very tip) gives fire damage to his opponents... trust me, it never gets old :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hey.
So with the addition of Mewtwo and the exclusion of Ridley, our boy Roy has jumped up on my Smash DLC wishlist, just behind King K. Rool. In my free time, I love to tinker a little with Smash Bros. Melee, and with the release of Smash 4, I thought it'd be fun to do some adjustments to the moves of fighters in the game.

Roy in particular was a lot of fun - for many years, I was guilty of supporting him, but I'd never actually played his game up until about a month ago. I'd argue that with the Sword of Seals alone, Roy has the potential to become one of the most unique swordsmen in Smash, right up there with Shulk. His sword always lights ablaze before it strikes, it has the ability to shoot long-ranged explosive projectiles that covers the distance of an archer's bow, and it can even heal its master! I was amazed at just what could be done with Roy... so here are some examples :)

Altered dash attack, keeping the sword near his chest as opposed to swinging lower to the ground

Altered up-tilt attack, keeping it close and dangerous but covering more towards his body

New Up Smash; Roy thrusts his sword skyward, nudging his opponent above him, and after a small delay, the tip of the sword explodes

New Down Smash, my personal favorite; the Sword of Seals strikes the ground, creating explosive pillars that travel a little ways from Roy

And of course, every single hit with Roy's sword (save for the very tip) gives fire damage to his opponents... trust me, it never gets old :upsidedown:
Thank you!!

Ever since I joined, many times I've explained that the SoS is a very unique weapon, and the potential is there to make Roy a very interesting fighter if they play up on the fire (and other) abilities. So glad there are other people out there that share the same views.

These gifs are amazing for a visual reference. Can I include them in the OP? May I also add you to the supporters list?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Feel free, and sure! Didn't know the Roy support thread had been revived, would've joined sooner if I'd known.
Welcome back to the army, Steelia! Now, if only we can get the attention of the other warriors like ChronoBound and all the other supporters before the July reveal of Robin and Lucina...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wait, there were more supporters before Robin & Lucina's reveal?

Urgh, sorry, I don't remember... I mean, I'm sure there is, but the names of the specific members, I'm not sure.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Hey.

Roy in particular was a lot of fun - for many years, I was guilty of supporting him, but I'd never actually played his game up until about a month ago. I'd argue that with the Sword of Seals alone, Roy has the potential to become one of the most unique swordsmen in Smash, right up there with Shulk. His sword always lights ablaze before it strikes, it has the ability to shoot long-ranged explosive projectiles that covers the distance of an archer's bow, and it can even heal its master! I was amazed at just what could be done with Roy... so here are some examples :)

Those are some cool moves. Very nice and some could likely be added to a revamped Roy moveset. I would really hope for that explosive Up Smash.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wait, there were more supporters before Robin & Lucina's reveal?

Urgh, sorry, I don't remember... I mean, I'm sure there is, but the names of the specific members, I'm not sure.
Well, I guess you could say ChronoBound's one, but I'll see if the people who have a positive outlook on Roy around the early pages will be willing to help us out again.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I was worried this might happen... :(

THAT. Ain't our boy. Also, we need more of a conversation going... Maybe I should start writing a letter soon... or we could have a bit of a Roy social thread going for now...

Any favourite pairings for Eliwood and Roy?

Attachments

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

THAT. Ain't our boy. Also, we need more of a conversation going... Maybe I should start writing a letter soon... or we could have a bit of a Roy social thread going for now...

Eliwood x Fiora

Roy x Sophia

Psionic

Smash Journeyman

the **** is that
also, has there been a confirmed trophy of roy on the wiiu version? i know there isn't one on the 3ds.

Steelia

Smash Champion

lol, it's just Marth in his Roy-colored palette with a messy red hair Photoshop.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'd just like to remind people to request Roy for DLC in the Club Nintendo surveys, for those who have Smash Wii U (more info in the OP). It's just one of those small things that could make a difference, but by no means your suggestion should be only limited to Roy -- suggest whatever ya like! More Smash content is always a plus, right?

the **** is that
also, has there been a confirmed trophy of roy on the wiiu version? i know there isn't one on the 3ds.

As far as I know, not yet. Shame if Roy doesn't get a trophy either way, considering almost all cut vets got one.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'd just like to remind people to request Roy for DLC in the Club Nintendo surveys, for those who have Smash Wii U (more info in the OP). It's just one of those small things that could make a difference, but by no means your suggestion should be only limited to Roy -- suggest whatever ya like! More Smash content is always a plus, right?
Done that whenever I got the chance. Usually just added on to the "What excites you most about the game?" segments of the questionnaires (ex: DLC! btw, would buy Roy from Fire Emblem).

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman

As far as I know, not yet. Shame if Roy doesn't get a trophy either way, considering almost all cut vets got one.
damn. i really hope he doesn't get the sticker treatment like in brawl. also, could you add me to the list of supporters?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
damn. i really hope he doesn't get the sticker treatment like in brawl. also, could you add me to the list of supporters?
Welcome to our army, Psionic! (Yes, we're taking a Kremling Kampaign page by having a recruitment theme playing)
Also, I'm curious to know if Pichu has a trophy. Pretty much every single Pokémon has a trophy in both versions, and it'd be weird if Mewtwo got a HD trophy but Pichu didn't. Also, @ChronoBound, are you willing to support our cause to see the Boy Roy back in Super Smash Bros as DLC?
And it doesn't seem like Roy has a trophy at the moment either. Either he's been wiped out of Smash Bros (The first game he appeared in!) or if they decided he's DLC using an updated FE6 outfit or his Merc outfit from Awakening...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom