• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well I would like to see how he plays as his DLC version in the newest FE. We could base something off of this.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I just saw his redesign. He looks cool alright.

I hope they put Hector as a DLC on that game. Or Matthew.

Volke as an assist trophy in smash 4 would be hilarious if he just does nothing and charges the player for gold.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^^I think the chances of Marth returning are pretty much guaranteed.
I do wonder if he/Roy/Ike will have their FE13 appearance (assuming Ike gets one)

Either way, Roy isn't competition for Marth. No FE character is competition against Marth. :laugh:
Roy vs. Ike vs. Krom is a more debatable fight. Not that only one of those three should get in.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well I would like to see how he plays as his DLC version in the newest FE. We could base something off of this.
Well in FE there are basically two kind of units...special and common, for example main characters tend to have exclusive classes such as Lord , and main villians are the same...but Roy in the new DLC he was redesigned because they wanted to fit a generic class in the game which is Mercenary...and Ike is a truer mercenary than Roy....

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Roy vs. Ike vs. Krom is a more debatable fight. Not that only one of those three should get in.
Krom have the best changes to get into Smash4, Ike get it because his game was at that moment, now Krom is the newest lord and he's getting a lot of support.

Coming back to Roy, In an imaginary roster where the 4 lords are in. Surely he will be a heavy char same with Ike. But the weird is that Roy seems to have a better and heavier armor than Ike.

Talking about his moveset, if he gets at least one move that Marth have I'll be mad.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Okay, but that doesn't explain how a possible moveset revamp will be based. I'm not comparing characters
You don't get it do you ? there's nothing that would get Roy a moveset revamp he is just another generic unit you have million of , his game never had Skills, he always been as bland as ever, he was a clone for that reason, Ike most of his movesets have bases from the game except of Eruption which was probably Roy's move (Ike's original B move was originally from the game with the Shock Wave ) so you see how Roy was never appealing in the first place some people consider him the worst main character in the Fire Emblem universe, the only redeeming point for him is being in SSBM.....so still no matter what you think I'd rather see any other character instead of having Roy back....and I always thought pit resembled Roy very much.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You don't get it do you ? there's nothing that would get Roy a moveset revamp he is just another generic unit you have million of , his game never had Skills, he always been as bland as ever, he was a clone for that reason, Ike most of his movesets have bases from the game except of Eruption which was probably Roy's move (Ike's original B move was originally from the game with the Shock Wave ) so you see how Roy was never appealing in the first place some people consider him the worst main character in the Fire Emblem universe, the only redeeming point for him is being in SSBM.....so still no matter what you think I'd rather see any other character instead of having Roy back....and I always thought pit resembled Roy very much.
Look that's great and all but this is about speculating Roy, so I really don't care about his popularity outside of Smash and his "blandness" when Miyamoto can easily make a unique moveset like he has done in the past.

Warranting a moveset revamp for him? Well derp, he was a clone so if he were, wait let me emphasize if, he needs a moveset revamp so he has his own identity.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Look that's great and all but this is about speculating Roy, so I really don't care about his popularity outside of Smash and his "blandness" when Miyamoto can easily make a unique moveset like he has done in the past.

Warranting a moveset revamp for him? Well derp, he was a clone so if he were, wait let me emphasize if, he needs a moveset revamp so he has his own identity.
Miyamoto can easily make a unique moveset if he was working on SSB.....

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
He has worked on it before, I.E Link's moveset.

Look up this kind of stuff
don't act tough and make it like it was intended I know it was a mistake in your behalf...and your point invalid why in hell Miyamoto will work on Roy movesets....I know you meant to say Sakurai...such an arrogant guy just admit defeat... and BTW Link's moveset are not unique it's totally based on The Legend of Zelda....you are basically contradicting yourself here.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Krom have the best changes to get into Smash4, Ike get it because his game was at that moment, now Krom is the newest lord and he's getting a lot of support.

Coming back to Roy, In an imaginary roster where the 4 lords are in. Surely he will be a heavy char same with Ike. But the weird is that Roy seems to have a better and heavier armor than Ike.

Talking about his moveset, if he gets at least one move that Marth have I'll be mad.
not really, Ike's FE game came out 2 years before the trailer for Brawl was even shown. if it was the "new lord" theme, they would have used micaiah or something.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
don't act tough and make it like it was intended I know it was a mistake in your behalf...and your point invalid why in hell Miyamoto will work on Roy movesets....I know you meant to say Sakurai...such an arrogant guy just admit defeat... and BTW Link's moveset are not unique it's totally based on The Legend of Zelda....you are basically contradicting yourself here.
Your point?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL because I did mean Miyamoto.

Thanks for trying to think for me. Maybe you should be less arrogant.

My point stands, Miyamoto can make movesets unique. Unique in the sense that it is different. You can't sit here and tell me that Miyamoto can't do what he did to Fox to Roy.

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I think Sakurai would be the one to work on Roy's moveset over Miyamoto, but that doesn't mean that Miyamoto couldn't make one. He made the movesets for the majority (possibly all) of the characters he created: Mario, Luigi, DK, Link, Fox, probably Captain Falcon, Bowser, Peach, Zelda, and Olimar too. With this much roster experience under his belt, it is very possible that Iblis could've meant exactly what he said, and it is also quite possible that Miyamoto has helped in the creation of movesets for characters he did not create.

And when talking about Smash movesets unique generally means non-clone, not material created just for Smash (which Miyamoto has created also, such as Fox and Captain Falcon's movesets).

Plus you accusing someone of being arrogant while telling them that you know what they are thinking is ironic. :awesome::smirk:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
N3ON and Iblis, you two ought to listen to mai smash brothah Oasis more. Absorb his Smarts!
I definitely wouldn't mind Roy being included, now that THE GREAT Johnknight1 is around to make me love him.
Fixed. ;)
Also as an unnecessary note, I used to think Roy was cool.
Then I actually played FE6.
Out of all the FE games I've played (FE1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 11), I gotta say Roy is still my favorite character in my favorite game. His game is surprisingly balanced, he's surprisingly balanced, his story is cool, his conflict is cool, and his game is the perfect difficulty.

Plus I think the only Fire Emblem characters that are Smash Bros. playable character candidates are "sole main characters" of 1 or more Fire Emblem games. That would exclude us to Marth (playable x2 in smash), Ephraim (overshadowed by Marth), Roy (playable), Ike (playable), and Krom, unless I am forgetting someone/some game.

FE2 has multiple main characters according to what my smash brothah Triple Dash has told me, and so does FE5, 6, 8, and kinda sorta 10 (although that's kinda Ike's game).

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Personally I think Sakurai would be the one to work on Roy's moveset over Miyamoto, but that doesn't mean that Miyamoto couldn't make one. He made the movesets for the majority (possibly all) of the characters he created: Mario, Luigi, DK, Link, Fox, probably Captain Falcon, Bowser, Peach, Zelda, and Olimar too. With this much roster experience under his belt, it is very possible that Iblis could've meant exactly what he said, and it is also quite possible that Miyamoto has helped in the creation of movesets for characters he did not create.

And when talking about Smash movesets unique generally means non-clone, not material created just for Smash (which Miyamoto has created also, such as Fox and Captain Falcon's movesets).

Plus you accusing someone of being arrogant while telling them that you know what they are thinking is ironic. :awesome::smirk:
You guys have to read the whole argument to understand....Iblis is implying that Roy might have alot of move sets possibilities because of Awakening, when he on actuality was made to fit a generic class....the point I didn't say Miyamoto can't make unique move set to me Miyamoto would be the better guy making SSB...but he is barely working on his franchises what makes you think that Miyamoto would work on other franchises...the thing is Sakurai is the one in charge here , the fact Iblis brought up Miyamoto is not relevant to Fire Emblem what so ever.

And if memory helps me , I think captain falcon moveset was by Sakurai....Falcon punch based on something from the Kirby franchise.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Look up this kind of stuff
Who in the world do you think you are?!?

Anyways, I'm fine with Roy returning. If they can revamp his moves, and make him completely original, then alright, that be awesome. =P I'm pretty sure he has differences from Marth and can have a more original move set. HOWEVER now, If they are honestly just going to make him a Marth clone again, then I'd rather him not return.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Back to hate on everything say again I see SM, also I think I'm myself

Nothing wrong to tell people to look up something up that's seems not believeable.

Oh btw, Ike, I dropped the whole Awakening base because I know I'm probably not as well verse in FE like you. So I switched over to using Miyamoto as a viable source of an unique moveset. I don't have the drive to write something long as N3ON (thanks for fully explaining my stance btw) when I keep hopping in and out of the house.

Now back to the speculation of a possible moveset revamp. If I get to a near-by computer I'll think of some stuff.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
As a huge Fire Emblem fan, I have to say there are soooooo many more characters that deserve to be in smash more than Roy. At this point the only thing going for him is "he was in smash before", which is a ******** reason.

Personally, I believe the three reps will be Marf, Ike (radiant dawn version), and Krom (who is pretty kewl and actually has the potential to be a good medium between the former two).

But seriously, ill be so butthurt if Roys *** makes it in over anyone else. I would much rather have Hector, Jaffar, Greil, Zelgius, Ephraim, Zephiel, Jeigan, Ogma, Leaf...the list goes on. They ALL have a better stories, personalities, and potential for unique movesets than Roy lol

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. We're not gonna get any non-Lord character as playable, and maybe even as an Assist Trophy character.
2. We're not gonna get a Lord who shares time as the main character (the possible exception if Krom) as playable in smash bros.
3. The only Lord from a Fire Emblem game before FE13 we'll get will have already been playable in smash (Marth, Roy, and Ike).
4. In other words, the only POSSIBLE playable Fire Emblem characters are Marth, Roy, Ike, Krom, and any new main character in a Fire Emblem game after Fire Emblem 13.

So that would leave us with 4, maybe 5 playable character options with smash bros; it goes without saying Marth is all but confirmed.​

I think we can all agree those are pretty much facts.

If you guys want to bring up other such points, make threads for those characters. That was what was done in the pre-Brawl release Brawl Boards.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like the idea of a strategic, fines sword user against a brutal, "three-hit-KO" swords wielder. Marth vs Ike.

However, Krom is the new guy in the franchise.

I am going to guess only two FE reps. Marth and either Ike or Krom.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
As I've said before, I think Roy's style should be like he is in his game; fast (yet some after lag), mostly based around stabbing (neither Marth or Ike do many, if any, stab moves; I don't think Krom does either) and a few lunge attacks. That would definitely be a unique style to smash.

*waits for people to say "derp, there's no more new sword fighting styles" despite Soul Calibur (whose creators are making SSB4) constantly having new swordplay styles*​
I wonder if the Mewtwo thread gets such off-topic arguments XD
It does, but at least it makes sense. Quite frankly, most the people there actually know what they're talking about, and don't just jump into a conversation they aren't involved with, choose sides without any real information, and say stupid crap, like what's been aimed at with you. Reminds me of when beaches did that to me on the pre-Brawl Brawl Boards.

God I feel like Peppy whenever I say "reminds me of when" I feel old. I can only how old I'll feel once I'm speculating over Smash 6 stuff within the next 5 years! :laugh:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
As I've said before, I think Roy's style should be like he is in his game; fast (yet some after lag), mostly based around stabbing (neither Marth or Ike do many, if any, stab moves; I don't think Krom does either) and a few lunge attacks. That would definitely be a unique style to smash.

*waits for people to say "derp, there's no more new sword fighting styles" despite Soul Calibur (whose creators are making SSB4) constantly having new swordplay styles*​

It does, but at least it makes sense. Quite frankly, most the people there actually know what they're talking about, and don't just jump into a conversation they aren't involved with, choose sides without any real information, and say stupid crap, like what's been aimed at with you. Reminds me of when beaches did that to me on the pre-Brawl Brawl Boards.

God I feel like Peppy whenever I say "reminds me of when" I feel old. I can only how old I'll feel once I'm speculating over Smash 6 stuff within the next 5 years! :laugh:
the only one who worked on Soul Calibur in smash are Music composers....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its a shame I could not make this thread (along with the Ridley one). I had lots of ideas planned for the opening post. I was hoping to make my Ridley and Roy support topics the models for which others to follow.

I have been very busy lately, so I have been removed from the speculation seen. Quite a bit has happened since then between E3 and Sakurai announcing the developer for Smash 4. I am probably not going to return to post. I figured I had another year to work on these support topics, but I guess it did not work out that way now did it.

I still think its going to be Marth, Roy, and Ike for Smash 4. Marth might have a Masked Marth inspired costume, while Ike will have a Krom inspired costume. All three will probably be based off of their FE13 re-designs.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
I just see no logical reason for Roy to be in over Krom. The patterns thus far in smash games point to Krom, and Krom is building a little fan base.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I just see no logical reason for Roy to be in over Krom. The patterns thus far in smash games point to Krom, and Krom is building a little fan base.

I agree. The pattern so far would point to Marth and Krom. Although I can see either keeping Ike or have some of his moves borrowed by Krom to keep his spirit alive.

Two reps are probably enough. And Marth serves as the mascot, so he is a lock (i think).

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I agree. The pattern so far would point to Marth and Krom. Although I can see either keeping Ike or have some of his moves borrowed by Krom to keep his spirit alive.

Two reps are probably enough. And Marth serves as the mascot, so he is a lock (i think).
Marth is a shoe-in. Considering how in Fire Emblem 13 there's even Masked!Marth (that's a spoiler) AND then there's the Hero King DLC. Marth is already -as his own class in FE13 says- The Star Lord.

If anything, i'd love Roy to return, he's still my favorite Lord of Fire Emblem, but seeing Krom right now, I grew up into liking him.
Come on guys, Sugita-san voices him!

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team

A dual blade wielding Roy similar to his FE13 DLC incarnation would be an interesting way to update the character and separate him from Marth.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
That second sword everyone is talking about looks very much like a sheath. Just sayin'

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
they could change his moveset, but still have fire attacks. he needs an entirely reworked moveset.

as for the costumes, they could put both, much like Wario. and since Roy is popular in Japan, I can easily see him reappearing.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
If roy doesn't make it, I'm going to eat my hat.And my foot.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would really like to edit the opening post to make this a proper Roy support topic. It seems that a lot of anti-Roy folks are diving in on this topic due to their ignorance about the character, his placement in Smash Bros., his popularity, and his importance within the Fire Emblem series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom