• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
EDIT: forgot to ask this in my first post but How old is Roy in FE6? I want to know so I can see how long of a time skip was between FE6 and FE7
Yep, Roy-Kun already answered that he's 15. The question has been officially answered in the FE6 Q&A anyway, but they said they wouldn't tell the ages of any other character (but we could make some educated guesses and we know that Wolt is the same age as Roy, for example). Also, Roy's apparently 160 cm (yeah someone asked Roy's height. Might as well ask how much he weights, what's he favourite food, and his hobbies while you're at it lmao).

Funny thing is, to me Roy's prototype design makes him look younger, like 12-13. Just imagine if that were true...

Hrm. I remember seeing somewhere the ages of characters in FE6 but like in ballparks (for example, Cecilia being in her 20s) from an external source. I cannot remember if it was the manga or a game guide or whatever... I should try to find it...

Edit: Apparently it's from the FE6 art/character book. Check out the translations here.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Yep, Roy-Kun already answered that he's 15. The question has been officially answered in the FE6 Q&A anyway, but they said they wouldn't tell the ages of any other character (but we could make some educated guesses and we know that Wolt is the same age as Roy, for example). Also, Roy's apparently 160 cm (yeah someone asked Roy's height. Might as well ask how much he weights, what's he favourite food, and his hobbies while you're at it lmao).

Funny thing is, to me Roy's prototype design makes him look younger, like 12-13. Just imagine if that were true...

Hrm. I remember seeing somewhere the ages of characters in FE6 but like in ballparks (for example, Cecilia being in her 20s) from an external source. I cannot remember if it was the manga or a game guide or whatever... I should try to find it...

Edit: Apparently it's from the FE6 art/character book. Check out the translations here.
Okay, its a safe bet to say that it has been a good 20 years in-between 7 and 6....now I'm trying to picture what an 30 year old Lyndis would look like.

Another thing to bring up would be what happened to most of the FE7 cast, because ALOT of them had to be written out of the story due to 7 being a prequel. So I would really like to see some of those awesome dudes brought back.

I want to break more weapons on Wallace's Armor >:3

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I have an unfortunate confession I have to make that came to me in a dream...

It was that I had a trophy sized Marth amiibo - and upon this dream came a revelation - Since the day I got Smash Bros 3DS, Marth was always my training dummy, as I saw it as punishment for robbing our Boy Roy of his most noble garments. In light of this dream, I had no other choice - I have forgiven the Hero-King Marth.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I have an unfortunate confession I have to make that came to me in a dream...

It was that I had a trophy sized Marth amiibo - and upon this dream came a revelation - Since the day I got Smash Bros 3DS, Marth was always my training dummy, as I saw it as punishment for robbing our Boy Roy of his most noble garments. In light of this dream, I had no other choice - I have forgiven the Hero-King Marth.
*applause, applause*

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's been a while, so I thought we should have some discussion too. Here's my discussion piece for today -

Let's say there's a Fire Emblem VS Final Fantasy game, (Essentially Dissidia but adding in Fire Emblem touches and characters), know any Final Fantasy that could stand up against some Fire Emblem heroes? Like Marth VS Warrior of Light, Lucina VS Lightning? Locke VS Roy? I've also been struggling to find some FE Villains VS FF Villains, and only Zephiel VS Exdeath comes to mind.

Dark Emperor Hardin

Smash Cadet
It's been a while, so I thought we should have some discussion too. Here's my discussion piece for today -

Let's say there's a Fire Emblem VS Final Fantasy game, (Essentially Dissidia but adding in Fire Emblem touches and characters), know any Final Fantasy that could stand up against some Fire Emblem heroes? Like Marth VS Warrior of Light, Lucina VS Lightning? Locke VS Roy? I've also been struggling to find some FE Villains VS FF Villains, and only Zephiel VS Exdeath comes to mind.
Perhaps Golbez and Medeus?
Since Golbez has a dark dragon and Medeus is a dark dragon.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

I don't know anything about FF that well so...ppppapaaaaaaasssssss *poof*

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Merry Christmas to the soldiers of Elibe!
Nowi Christmas.jpg
(Might have the wrong game - By the way, do we have a collective name to refer to ourselves as, like how the King K. Rool thread supporters are known as Kutthroats and the Ridley thread Space Pirates?)

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
We could be "Pherae's Army". C: Since... Roy was the leader of the army in Binding Blade... And we're like Roy's followers of some sort.
Did Roy's group have a name to them? Like Chrom's group was "The Shepards" and Lyndis's group was "Lyndis's Legion"

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Everybody's talking about FE remakes and it's either 4 or 6. Those would be nice, but do you know what I want?

I want a Gaiden remake.

Dark Emperor Hardin

Smash Cadet
Wasn't that the group Hector made after FE7?
Now I'm sure it's the Lycia Alliance (army) based on the following article referring to Roy's army as such. http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/translation-script/chapter-9-the-misty-isles/

Although, it appears to refer to the general combination of Lycia's efforts, and Roy is just appointed as a leading official.

After further research, the Lycia alliance refers to the armies of FE6 and 7, but are just lead by different people.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Now I'm sure it's the Lycia Alliance (army) based on the following article referring to Roy's army as such. http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/translation-script/chapter-9-the-misty-isles/

Although, it appears to refer to the general combination of Lycia's efforts, and Roy is just appointed as a leading official.

After further research, the Lycia alliance refers to the armies of FE6 and 7, but are just lead by different people.
Alright then, I guess that means we're the Lycia Alliance then

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I think it was Chrono that came up with "Knights of Elibe", which was the name of an old social group. If you would like to be called Lycia Alliance (because I'm fine with anything), then I'll update the thread.

It's understandable if threads (like this one) don't have a lot of activity for a bit since it's the holidays. Just a little heads up: I won't be here from the 29th to 5th as I'll be out of town.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think it was Chrono that came up with "Knights of Elibe", which was the name of an old social group. If you would like to be called Lycia Alliance (because I'm fine with anything), then I'll update the thread.
Yup.

A relic from the pre-Brawl days. Knights of Elibe has been a part of my signature since 2007.

The funny thing is that I have seen 2-3 other Roy supporters who also had this still in their signature after all these years.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Maybe this has been already discussed, but what costume would you want for Roy in Sm4sh? The classic from his game (same as melee) or the new version from Awakening?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Maybe this has been already discussed, but what costume would you want for Roy in Sm4sh? The classic from his game (same as melee) or the new version from Awakening?
I would like his new version from Awakening, I feel like his old costume would just be too close to Marth's and the new one would allow more creative ideas

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I was thinking Roy could get the Wario treatment and have his Awakening redesign become his default costume while his Melee look could become his alternate costume.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I would prefer if Roy looks a little older if he were to get his Awakening design. I don't mean a drastic change like :ike::4myfriends: but maybe a little taller model or something (don't worry, he'll still be our boy, he just put on like 1-2 years =P). For some reason if I imagine Melee Roy + Awakening design it looks a little odd. Well, in the end I'm not too picky. Seeing his model in HD is amazing enough. :love:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I know I asked this sort of question over at the Isaac thread, but if a remake of Fire Emblem 6+7 is confirmed, which console would you prefer it to be on, 3DS or Wii U? I think the 3DS would be the best way to go, due to Awakening's success, and with an improved engine, online battle mode... But I think that's what they need to do for the next FE, make it so that you can wage battles online, like in Shadow Dragon.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I know I asked this sort of question over at the Isaac thread, but if a remake of Fire Emblem 6+7 is confirmed, which console would you prefer it to be on, 3DS or Wii U? I think the 3DS would be the best way to go, due to Awakening's success, and with an improved engine, online battle mode... But I think that's what they need to do for the next FE, make it so that you can wage battles online, like in Shadow Dragon.
My nostalgic child mind says 3DS for obvious reasons

my gamer older mind says WiiU because the systems hardware might allow feet this time around

So either way....I'm fine with either systems

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Right Folks I am here to say one thing to you bunch of Jokers.
Add me to the support list I haven't played as Roy since my Melee has broken but I have watched him, heard his voice, Seen the way he plays.
If he's as good as what I have seen he should have no problem replacing and effectively making me forget about this retched clone >:4lucina:
Seriously though I have vendetta against the players of Lucina seeing how all they do is Side-B and Down-b with a hint of shield breaker. Right near the edge...... Drives me up the wall.
Now on a personal level I rate the characters in this order
:4myfriends:
:4robinf::4marth::4lucina:
As some of you may have noticed I lost 3 of my mains and I am grasping for their return.
:popo:

If My Boy Roy comes back I would be over the moon for this thread and you guys as a whole.
I am probably the one guy who wants everyone back
:pichumelee::younglinkmelee:
:popo:
:squirtle::ivysaur::snake:
Bring on the Veteran DLC Bring the Melee and Brawl veterans back :D
Make this game the Universe of Smash.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
For financial and fanbase reasons, it would be safer to make those games for the 3DS. We know that IS is kinda iffy on making a full FE game for the Wii U, unless if it could rake in enough profit. The good thing about remaking FE6, is that despite it being Japanese-only, the West is already curious about Roy and he is pretty recognizable thanks to Melee selling a ton. Preferably, I would like to see the remakes on Wii U, although I see more pros on the 3DS.

I could almost see SMT x FE's being sort of a test for the FE franchise. Basically to gather more popularity/interest and see if FE will sell on the Wii U.

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 Don't worry, I've seen some people before who would love to see every cut vet return. So you're not the only one. I wouldn't mind seeing all cuts return as they all have their fanbases and people generally dislike cutting characters (backlash depends on how big the cut was). For most cut characters, they have a lot going for them. People like to try to come up with reasons why a character can't be DLC, such as X series already having too many characters, but I think Nintendo is more concerned if they could make a profit off of the DLC fighter. And there are a few very popular cuts, just look what happened with Mewtwo. That being said, I would like to wait until Mewtwo's release to see if Nintendo is going to pull through and offer more DLC content. Or not even until then, just when it's officially said "Yes, there will be more DLC". And there probably will -- it's just a matter when.

Oh, I totally forgot I made this pic for Miiverse

roywinterfull.jpg

Since it's the holidays, why not lol

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
For financial and fanbase reasons, it would be safer to make those games for the 3DS. We know that IS is kinda iffy on making a full FE game for the Wii U, unless if it could rake in enough profit. The good thing about remaking FE6, is that despite it being Japanese-only, the West is already curious about Roy and he is pretty recognizable thanks to Melee selling a ton. Preferably, I would like to see the remakes on Wii U, although I see more pros on the 3DS.

I could almost see SMT x FE's being sort of a test for the FE franchise. Basically to gather more popularity/interest and see if FE will sell on the Wii U.

View attachment 34135

You have a good holiday to, Croph. Happy New Year! And I do see the 3DS being more favourable.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 Don't worry, I've seen some people before who would love to see every cut vet return. So you're not the only one. I wouldn't mind seeing all cuts return as they all have their fanbases and people generally dislike cutting characters (backlash depends on how big the cut was). For most cut characters, they have a lot going for them. People like to try to come up with reasons why a character can't be DLC, such as X series already having too many characters, but I think Nintendo is more concerned if they could make a profit off of the DLC fighter. And there are a few very popular cuts, just look what happened with Mewtwo. That being said, I would like to wait until Mewtwo's release to see if Nintendo is going to pull through and offer more DLC content. Or not even until then, just when it's officially said "Yes, there will be more DLC". And there probably will -- it's just a matter when.

Oh, I totally forgot I made this pic for Miiverse

View attachment 34135

Too be honest I find it extremely stupid bringing in Lucina as a new clone when you have Roy who is exceeding Fan Demand.
1.Roy is the only humanoid character to have Red hair making him look different than Lucina.
2.He has Red flames as Ike has blue. This game has both thyoes of flames for their logos.~
Roy=3ds Ike=Wii U
3. He overall plays better and less annoying than most Lucina players (from my experience)
I would not mind having 2 clones of Marth considering we had these 3 in Melee who were extremely similar.
:drmario::mariomelee::luigimelee:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Too be honest I find it extremely stupid bringing in Lucina as a new clone when you have Roy who is exceeding Fan Demand.
1.Roy is the only humanoid character to have Red hair making him look different than Lucina.
2.He has Red flames as Ike has blue. This game has both thyoes of flames for their logos.~
Roy=3ds Ike=Wii U
3. He overall plays better and less annoying than most Lucina players (from my experience)
I would not mind having 2 clones of Marth considering we had these 3 in Melee who were extremely similar.
:drmario::mariomelee::luigimelee:
In regards to Lucina's priority over Roy, it's justifiable. Lucina was originally developed as an alternate costume, and by the time they decided to add clones to pad out the roster, it would have been much more reasonable to have made Lucina a clone instead of Roy, since Roy didn't have a player model at the time, and to make a model, there's time and resources that need to be spent, which they were running out of, and with a preexisting model of Lucina and a few tweaks such as her balanced blade, Lucina would have been easier to develop as a clone for the base game when it was released than Roy.

On a side note now, I'm writing up a letter to Nintendo about Roy for DLC. I'll upload what I said before I fully send it off.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
You know I was thinking about Roy and tabuu after seeing someone saying Tabuu could be the rep for the SMash series as a whole and then it hit me.
Who was a character in Smash that was born and originated in One of the games.
None other than the Red haired wonder himself.
Personally I want a DLC pack Titled.
"And you thought we were clones."
Starring :roypm::lucas::wolf:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Add me to that supporter list! I would love to see Roy return and I love the effort put into all of this.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
I just wonder how long until DLC is seriously announced for Smash.
Well, we won't see a DLC announcement before may/june. If Mewtwo is really a "test field" for a possible future DLC pack, the production won't start before march/april.

Since DLC is basically an investment for Nintendo, it depends very much by how many character will be added, and since Sakurai take his sweet time to produce a single character (a good thing), if the pack will have something like 6 new character, we will probabily see it late summer.

But, sadly, while I wish Roy back in smash, I highly doubt we will see our boy anytime soon. Character are added when they add something new to the table. Marth has tippered attack to emulate the swordplay of a fencer, while Lucina was added to have a character with the idea of a "easy to use Marth" playstyle. Chrom wasn't added becaus he will be "another plain-old sword-wielder like Marth and Ike".
So question is: what does Roy add to the table? He would be ANOTHER Marth clone with just a different sword. The "slow-and-powerful swordman + fire" is already covered by Ike, so best chance to have our boy back is actually a rework (pretty much like Ganon or Falco).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
But, sadly, while I wish Roy back in smash, I highly doubt we will see our boy anytime soon. Character are added when they add something new to the table. Marth has tippered attack to emulate the swordplay of a fencer, while Lucina was added to have a character with the idea of a "easy to use Marth" playstyle. Chrom wasn't added becaus he will be "another plain-old sword-wielder like Marth and Ike".
So question is: what does Roy add to the table? He would be ANOTHER Marth clone with just a different sword. The "slow-and-powerful swordman + fire" is already covered by Ike, so best chance to have our boy back is actually a rework (pretty much like Ganon or Falco).
Let's see... Perhaps Roy could be designed as a rushdown character like Sol Badguy, but as was said back at the E3 tournament,
This ain't Guilty Gear.
Roy's strongest asset I imagine would be from the Sword of Seals pyrokinetic powers, so maybe if he were to be given a projectile attack, perhaps it could be a long distance attack like Din's Fire...

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Well, we won't see a DLC announcement before may/june. If Mewtwo is really a "test field" for a possible future DLC pack, the production won't start before march/april.

Since DLC is basically an investment for Nintendo, it depends very much by how many character will be added, and since Sakurai take his sweet time to produce a single character (a good thing), if the pack will have something like 6 new character, we will probabily see it late summer.

If you we're to ask me this question if there was no Fire Emblem DLC for Roy or Project M then I would say nothing, he brings nothing really new.

But with those two things in mind I'm sure Nintendo could think of something new for Roy, I mean, Its not like they have any big deadlines atm

Also question to the forum: What is your favorite FE class? I've been playing alot lately so my mind is abit FE addled at the moment

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If you we're to ask me this question if there was no Fire Emblem DLC for Roy or Project M then I would say nothing, he brings nothing really new.

But with those two things in mind I'm sure Nintendo could think of something new for Roy, I mean, Its not like they have any big deadlines atm

Also question to the forum: What is your favorite FE class? I've been playing alot lately so my mind is abit FE addled at the moment
My favourite class in the series is the Myrmidon class, with Joshua taking first place on the list of favourite Myrmidons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom