• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Anyone know if the song Winning Road - Roy's Hope is in again?
Apparently it is, and to my knowledge unlocked randomly from CDs.

Well, there's something, but hopefully there's more.

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492

Yeah, I was hoping to see it back...glad to see it. On another note, something else I was thinking of... Amiibo description on Amazon: "Depending on the amiibo, a single figure can unlock features in multiple games"

Roy amiibo for SMT x FE and Smash anyone? Roy seems like he'd be a little out there to have an amiibo made just for smash (too obscure to most), but perhaps the potential for use with SMT x FE as well increases his chances in a way? Eh, just a thought.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Yes! One point for our Boy! :roymelee:
Also,
Yeah, I was hoping to see it back...glad to see it. On another note, something else I was thinking of... Amiibo description on Amazon: "Depending on the amiibo, a single figure can unlock features in multiple games"

Roy amiibo for SMT x FE and Smash anyone? Roy seems like he'd be a little out there to have an amiibo made just for smash (too obscure to most), but perhaps the potential for use with SMT x FE as well increases his chances in a way? Eh, just a thought.
We still don't know about the game - but given that it's very likely we'll get amiibo for Ike, Robin and Lucina, and if they intend to have amiibo for DLC characters, maybe Roy could have an amiibo that could work with SMT X FE. But we still don't know anything about it! Come on, why not a leak of ESRB quality that shows off all the FE and SMT characters and Yu Narukami and Aigis as DLC too!? >_< It's an incredibly secretive project...

Also again - We've reached 50 Pages!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
Yes! One point for our Boy! :roymelee:
Also,

We still don't know about the game - but given that it's very likely we'll get amiibo for Ike, Robin and Lucina, and if they intend to have amiibo for DLC characters, maybe Roy could have an amiibo that could work with SMT X FE. But we still don't know anything about it! Come on, why not a leak of ESRB quality that shows off all the FE and SMT characters and Yu Narukami and Aigis as DLC too!? >_< It's an incredibly secretive project...

The Ike amiibo has already been revealed, and we know Roy is in SMT x FE based on the trailer. It's not much, but at least we know he's in it.

...Then again, it's not like it was gameplay, but why else would they show him? In any case, I'm dying for something too. That was half the reason I watched the Nintendo direct a few weeks back, the other half being Smash DLC information. Needless to say, my time was wasted haha.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Wow, I could totally see them adding a few Persona characters as something extra or for DLC, which would mostly be a fanservice thing anyway. Or I could see them ignoring Persona altogether. I think it could go either way.

As for amiibos, I would like to wait until we get more info on SMT x FE, especially if the game is going to use them. I think they should, considering we already have FE amiibos thanks to Smash, and I think there's a good chance they will. The question is, what would they use the amiibos for? Maybe unlocking stuff similar to MK8/Hyrule Warriors? I should really get my hands on a Marth amiibo

Anyway, 50 PAGE HYPE!! :colorful:

We're halfway to 100, folks!

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ ChronoBound ChronoBound , are you willing to support our cause to see the Boy Roy back in Super Smash Bros as DLC?
Well I did not expect this thread to be opened again so soon. My last post in this topic was over two months ago. My how time flies.

Anyway, of course I support Roy's return in Super Smash Bros.

It warms my heart to see that there exists a core of Roy supporters out there who still want to see our boy return. Throughout most of the pre-Smash 4 period, I pretty much had to do a lot of the heavy lifting against the Roy detractors, and much of the time I felt isolated or "own my own". I was able to find out a plethora of things that dissipated some anti-Roy myths. Namely how Roy even got into Melee, the reception of Roy among the Japanese fanbase, and the reception of FE6 among the Japanese fanbase.

In a way I am happy now. There is now a community of Roy supporters who are active and seek Roy's return in Smash Bros.

Unfortunately, I don't see myself being as active for Roy's return as DLC as I was during most of the pre-Smash 4 period. I have been doing character speculation and support since 2001, and at this point I am burnt out. The hard deconfirmation of Ridley ever getting into Smash Bros. by Sakurai recently was also demoralizing.

In terms of speculation, I am virtually done at this point. I honestly don't know what direction Smash 5 is going to take. In terms of DLC, my best guess is that many of the characters will be veterans that were cut (see Mewtwo) and maybe a few newcomers (namely Bandanna Dee or a DK newcomer).

As it stands, Lucina as a clone has much more similarities to Marth than Roy did back in Melee (yet the same people who bashed Roy being a clone, have no problem with her simply being Marth without the tipper). That's it. They share the same speed, weight, and move properties, and fall speed. Not to mention the same idle stances!

Roy can definitely be luigi-fied to an extent that warrants his return. Just look at the existence of Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario in Smash 4.

I provided some videos and inspiration images throughout this thread's history, and maybe I will dig them up again some time. Was the Roy "convenience store" animated video posted in the OP yet? That is a good laugh. :laugh:

Some links to the chapters heavily featuring Roy in Hasha no Tsurigi might also be a good idea.

Lately, my attention has been drawn towards character support for Project M (since that window is closing soon), namely for Ridley and Sami. I feel at this point Project M may be the only opportunity left for a high-quality balanced playable Ridley in Smash Bros. Project M already gave Roy a proper revamp, so I have confidence in them if they decide to also add him.

Keep up the good work Roy fans. Remember ROY'S OUR BOY! :roypm:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ ChronoBound ChronoBound Thanks for stopping by. I had a feeling you won't be as active, which is totally fine. I was surprised to see a lot more Roy supports than I thought I would when I joined a special Roy Facebook group (they mostly plan events, such as everyone posting on Miiverse for a specific day, writing letters to higher-ups, etc.), and they even made a website (http://www.royforsmash4.com/), and of course people in this thread helping out.

Yeah, I'll see if I could find some Roy vids (pretty sure I have the convenience store one favourited, among some others lol). It would be nice if you could dig up some stuff you posted too, if you have time. And good idea about the manga, I know a thread at serenesforest has the full manga up and translated for download, although I'm sure there's some manga websites that have Hasha no Tsurugi uploaded.

Oh, and I know you're a pretty inspirational fella, so I was wondering if you have any ideas for this thread's title (or anyone else), since it's been awhile with the current one, and I'd think it would be nice to change some things up now and then. I know earlier in this thread, you suggested the title: Help Roy re-claim the throne: Roy's Our Boy For Smash 4. So, I was thinking perhaps something like [some title here]: Roy for DLC -- *Help Our Boy Reclaim the Throne Today!*

Lol, I found the vid. Gotta love these Nico Nico memes. Ah, I remember someone posting a nice Roy moveset vid, so I'll see if I could find it.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Posting this here in the Roy and Pichu threads.
Archdan's comics - I didn't follow them that much, but this has convinced me. The heartbreaking truth behind Pikachu wearing Pichu's goggles. Also, Roy and Pichu are always friends in my book.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Posting this here in the Roy and Pichu threads.
Archdan's comics - I didn't follow them that much, but this has convinced me. The heartbreaking truth behind Pikachu wearing Pichu's goggles. Also, Roy and Pichu are always friends in my book.
I'm really feeling it. :(

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Soooo.... any word on a Roy Trophy?

........well at least Winning Road - Roy's Hope returned, i like that song.
It doesn't look like it. But what's even more offensive is that the Wii U version suffers from a severe lack of Pichu:pichumelee: as well. Do they hate Generation II or something? Cutting Poké Ball summons like Chikorita and Cyndaquil and even Wobuffet... Shameful.:glare: Anyways, No sign of a Roy Trophy.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I also support Roy to return as dlc, I don't mind if Fire Emblem already has 'too many' characters dlc is meant to be extra and whoever doesn't like that doesn't need to buy it. Roy isn't my most wanted Fire Emblem character but I think he's the closest there is to a realistic shot right now.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm kinda wondering what other fire emblem fans want from the series Character wise. I mean there is ROy who should get top billing on being in before any other FE character gets in but I still have some favorite lords I want to see in.

Such as Hector from FE7. Heck, put the two in a fire emblem bundle with a new map and put them in a trailer together.

be totes hype

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So, a user I know sent an email to Nintendo of America about a week ago, in regards to Roy being in Smash 3DS/Wii U for DLC, basically requesting for Roy, telling them why Roy is special to him, and linking the royforsmash4.com website. Here's the response:

"Hello,

Thank you for writing. I would like to first apologize for the delay in our response. We have been especially busy and genuinely appreciate your patience as we reply.

Regarding the topic of your email, I'm glad to hear about your enthusiasm for the character Roy from the Fire Emblem series and can certainly understand why you're interested in seeing him added to the list of characters featured in the recently-released Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. There is no information to indicate whether or not DLC featuring Roy will be developed in the future, but I will be sure to forward your interest in this to the departments that make those decisions. I can't guarantee that my doing so will result in any immediate changes, but rest assured that all feedback is reviewed and carefully considered.

You won't be contacted any further on this particular topic, but please feel free to write back should you happen to have any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Brittani Swanson"

I bolded the things that caught my eyes. Very nice of them to reply (though I wonder if it's some automatic message, but just edited?) and hopefully they do forward what he said to the important departments.

I'm currently done the rough drafts for the letters to be mailed, and just need to buy some international stamps. So, I guess I'll send some emails too, doesn't hurt, right?

I'm kinda wondering what other fire emblem fans want from the series Character wise. I mean there is ROy who should get top billing on being in before any other FE character gets in but I still have some favorite lords I want to see in.

Such as Hector from FE7. Heck, put the two in a fire emblem bundle with a new map and put them in a trailer together.

be totes hype
I know Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn are pretty popular characters, Black Knight is also one I remember seeing thrown around. For me, I did kinda like the idea of Tiki or Robin (if I had to pick someone from Awakening who I thought has a realistic shot). In fact, my ideal FE roster would have been: Marth, Ike, Roy, and Robin. We have 2 fighters from Awakening, let's have Roy balance things out with some Elibe represent!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So, a user I know sent an email to Nintendo of America about a week ago, in regards to Roy being in Smash 3DS/Wii U for DLC, basically requesting for Roy, telling them why Roy is special to him, and linking the royforsmash4.com website. Here's the response:

"Hello,

Thank you for writing. I would like to first apologize for the delay in our response. We have been especially busy and genuinely appreciate your patience as we reply.

Regarding the topic of your email, I'm glad to hear about your enthusiasm for the character Roy from the Fire Emblem series and can certainly understand why you're interested in seeing him added to the list of characters featured in the recently-released Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. There is no information to indicate whether or not DLC featuring Roy will be developed in the future, but I will be sure to forward your interest in this to the departments that make those decisions. I can't guarantee that my doing so will result in any immediate changes, but rest assured that all feedback is reviewed and carefully considered.

You won't be contacted any further on this particular topic, but please feel free to write back should you happen to have any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Brittani Swanson"

I bolded the things that caught my eyes. Very nice of them to reply (though I wonder if it's some automatic message, but just edited?) and hopefully they do forward what he said to the important departments.

I'm currently done the rough drafts for the letters to be mailed, and just need to buy some international stamps. So, I guess I'll send some emails too, doesn't hurt, right?
I guess I should get in and start righting some letters and e-mails too. Gotta show support for our Boy Roy sooner or later, and it's better late than never!

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ And like they've been practicing in the K. Rool thread, take advantage of your Club Nintendo forms! When you fill out any surveys or what have you regarding Smash, always~ list Roy as a character you'd be willing to purchase. (And just so they don't get cheeky like they did with Roy the Koopaling, I make sure to specifically write "Lord Roy" or "Roy from Fire Emblem".)

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
Alright...gonna take some time and get an e-mail together when I get a chance/time off. Time to get moving with this.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
If you peeps do send emails or letters, please post the responses once you get them. We may learn some new things, and it may be a good boost for others to do the same. :)

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'll leave all of the important email stuff to you cats and be a fancy cheerleader on the side~

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
If you peeps do send emails or letters, please post the responses once you get them. We may learn some new things, and it may be a good boost for others to do the same. :)
Was already planning on it. ;)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The thread title has now been fittingly renamed. Good! It's a good way for us to get a bit of attention!

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Well, I guess I'll skip on this part. I'm not sure how I'd put it into words, and I guess you guys would do a better work at contacting them than me.

Anyways, that reply sure gives the supporters some hope!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Still, it is strange to see Roy completely absent. It would make more sense seeing a trophy of him/whatever on the 3DS version, than on the Wii U. Well, I guess Roy has appeared on a console before, that being Melee, but still, Roy's missing in action just like Isaac (3DS should have gotten Golden Sun content, makes more sense than Wii U, but whatevs). @@N3ON why are our boys MIA? :( OTL
Seems Sakurai would rather have Girl Marth over Fire Marth. :(

At least he added Magic Marth to go along with Strong Marth.

But yeah I would've really liked to see Blonde Scarved Marth. :/

Last edited:

AlMasterX

Smash Rookie
add me!
Roy for DLC Support Thread - Reignite TEH PHIR3!!

Welcome! Now that character DLC has been confirmed (with Mewtwo coming in 2015), speculation and focus has shifted to support Roy for DLC. You could say the general idea of this thread is to provide a hub for Roy fans/supporters, or anyone else, that would like to discuss Roy's potential for DLC, as well as contribute anything. Do you think we will see the return of Roy? Maybe not? Contribution could also include moveset speculation, costume ideas, providing resources/links for those who wish to further extend their support elsewhere, etc. Even saying, "I support Roy" and a little explanation why is great -- it's the little things like these always puts a smile on my face.

Before I get into Roy's impact on the Smash series and why should he return, I'd like to briefly look at of the events that happens in the Sword of Seals, and who exactly Roy is. The Sword of Seals is a Japanese-only game; as such, I feel like I should go over various things, since there may be a lot of people who haven't experienced the game. There will be some minor spoilers.

Who is Roy?

Pfft, that's easy. He's the dude with the fire sword in Super Smash Melee!

In all seriousness, that's sorta true. Roy's first appearance -- his big debut -- was in Melee. However, he is a Fire Emblem Lord, and like every Lord, he starts in his own game.

Roy in FE6

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals (or Nintendo's official translation, "The Binding Blade", but I'll keep things short and call the game "FE6") was released in Japan on March 29, 2002, which is a little over four months after Melee's Japanese release. The setting takes place in Elibe, in which the continent consists of five countries: Lycia, Bern, Etruria, Sacae, and Ilia, and many other regions. Lycia in particular consists of 14 noble houses, including Ostia and Pherae (which Roy hails from). The basic premise shows our hero, Roy, originally studying in Ostia (Lycia's capital). However, later he leads Pherae's army against Bern's invasions on Lycia, after his father (Eliwood) falls ill. Roy (who's officially 15) joins up with the rest of Lycia's armies, effectively leading the League of Lycia's armies against Bern's forces.

Despite being thrown into a heated war against one of most powerful military nations, over time Roy gains more faith in himself as a leader and dependence in his allies.

A map of Elibe.

Closer to the end, Roy obtains a divine sword, the Sword of Seals, which has fire and magical properties. Some include:

• Can ignite and create fire projectiles
  • Healing properties
  • Bonus effects like more damage versus dragons
  • Can help to seal away beings
  • Can react and adjust its power accordingly to the wielder's emotions (for example, if the wielder does not want to kill the opponent, the sword can knock the opponent unconscious instead)
  • Considered stronger than the legendary weapons of Elibe

Roy wielding the SoS

And throw in some dragons and there you have FE6...

That being said, Roy has also appeared during the ending in FE7 (prequel to FE6), but more of a small cameo.

A younger Roy

In Awakening, Roy's available to join your army through a DLC episode and SpotPass. DLC Roy is available by purchasing Xenologue: Champions of Yore 2, in which Roy's given kickass redesign by artist Kimihiko Fujisaka (The Last Story) for his artwork.

Roy's redesign

An interesting thing to note, is that the DLC episodes featuring Ike vs Roy and their armies is called "Xenologue: Smash Brethren", an obvious reference to the Smash Bros. series. The episode's name is different in the Japanese version though (thank you based NoA).

In the upcoming crossover, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Roy is set to appear. As of now, we know very little of the game. Yamagami has said the game's moving along schedule at the Codename S.T.E.A.M roundtable. We only have a teaser from last year. Nintendo has also confirmed SMT x FE in their financial reports multiple times before. Click here for the latest one (release date's TBD for now).

Roy also appears the Hasha no Tsurugi manga, which was serialized in Monthly Shonen Jump. There are special downloaded events available in the game that are influenced by the manga. Check them out here!

Roy In Smash Bros.

Roy's appearance in Super Smash Melee

Most people first got introduced to Roy through Melee (unless you knew about FE6 prior to Melee's release by some means. Click here for early FE6 footage from Space World 2001!). In fact, originally Marth and Roy weren't going to be included in the Western release of Melee. However, American employees insisted that they stay. It was because of Marth and Roy's inclusion that sparked curiosity in the West, thus helping to make the decision to localize the FE games (starting with FE7). Interestingly enough, NoA seemed interested in localizing FE6, sometime after Melee. It could be because of Marth and Roy's popularity, or more specifically Roy's since I'm not sure why would they pick FE6, considering FE7 was coming around.

There are many reasons why people love to play as Roy. It could be because of his play style. Or his fire sword and cool looks. Or perhaps Roy helped introduce them to the FE series. Or maybe because of his red hair... any reason is valid. I'll briefly go over some reasons as to why Roy would be a good choice for DLC:

• A decently popular requested character in both Japan and in the West during Smash 4' development. Also, there were some Japanese polls done some about cut characters some time ago: http://smashboards.com/threads/roy.324203/page-25#post-15647046 Thanks SSBF for the pics. These polls were constructed a long time ago, but they're still interesting to look at for the heck of it
  • FE6 had a big impact on series (at least looking at it form Japan's perspective). Can be considered a game that revived the series, and included many staple elements. In a nutshell, the transition from FE5 --> FE6 was big (almost like the previous FE games to Awakening, but not as drastic). Shouzou Kaga (the creator of FE) left after FE5. After FE5 (a game that's know for its difficulty), it seemed like Nintendo wanted the series to be more accessible -- a game that's not only for the hardcore fans, but for new ones. For example, making FE6 more simpler, including a tutorial mode (that's optional), more cute and young-looking characters/brighter art style to perhaps attracted the younger crowd, etc., etc., may have helped
  • FE6 generally has great recognition from Japan (check FE6's reviews here and Awakening's here for comparison). If you're curious about some Japanese FE sales, check out a sales chart here (I personally don't use sales a lot in arguments, but I'd rather have some sources handy just in case)
  • Roy could be an easy character to implant if going the clone-ish route. If not, then the SoS has many characteristics and properties that could make Roy unique
  • Higher up at IS stated that remaking FE6 would give Roy a chance to be properly introduced in the West. Whether that remake is ever going to happen, idk, but if Roy's in, I think that remake will have a good chance at being green-lit. Or perhaps Roy would be a good character to help promote the remake (hey, I'm still waiting for info on SMT x FE... worrying about FE14 is the least of my worries).
  • TEH PHIR3!!

I do think that if Roy were to be DLC, he'd still retain some clone-ish properties, seeing that characters like Ganon and Falco aren't totally revamped (although, we'll have to wait and see on Mewtwo...). On the bright side, Roy's tipper mechanic (doing more damage near the centre of the blade, er, well, I guess it's more like hilt lol) is still a unique and interesting thing. If implanted, he could fit a rush down archetype, getting into the face of an opponent to deal some strong damage. Perhaps Roy could also dip into being a glass cannon a little. Although, giving Roy a projectile could help with zoning and make him stand out more versus Marth, Ike, and Lucina.

Moveset Ideas

"Feel the wrath of my fire! ARRGHHH!!... (it's a good thing I'm wearing non-flammable clothing)"

[collapse=Moveset #1][/collapse]
[collapse=Moveset #2][/collapse]
[collapse=Moveset #3][/collapse]

Custom Specials
[collapse=Moveset #1][/collapse]
[collapse=Moveset #2][/collapse]

Colour swaps/costume ideas

Credit goes to SchAlternate

Fanart

[collapse=Artworks]Some Miiverse posts I've made a looong time ago:

^ internet glitched up, and I couldn't post but I took a pic with my webcam

Smash 4 icon:

Credit goes to J04KlM

[/collapse]

Videos

What you could do to help: SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!

Please support and spread this site around: http://www.royforsmash4.com/

I'm going to go over various ways people could show their support and reach out via social media. This will be quick and to the point.

Twitter: Follow @roy4smash4 and tweet to important people and those who you think could spread the support around. Be sure to include links to any external sources/sites you feel are relevent to Roy's support, such as this site: http://www.royforsmash4.com/ and #Roy4Smash4 everything! One of the best things to get our voices heard, especially if we could get a lot of supporters on this!

List of important people:

• @Sora_Sakurai (Masahiro Sakurai, Game Director)
  • @Nintendo (Nintendo of Japan)
  • @NintendoAmerica (Nintendo of America)
  • @HIGUCHI_BNG (Yoshito Higuchi, Game Director)
  • @Harada_TEKKEN (Katsuhiro Harada, Namco Bandai producer/Game Producer/Lead Developer of Tekken)
  • @BandaiNamcoUS (Bandai Namco Games)
  • @trintran (Bill Trinen, Nintendo Treehouse Member)

Feel free to add anyone else you think is important.

Letters: Sending a physical letter shows commitment and thought -- it's probably one of the best ways to get through to people. I hope to be sending letters out soon, and when I do, I will post an example for people to copy if they are short on time. However, in the meantime, grab some nice stationery paper to print, and start typing out letters to mail! or write if you have nice handwriting... ya, that will never be me. For now, brief letter structure idea:

1) Greeting/Introduction (who are you and what are you going to be talking about?)
2) Body (why do you support Roy, why does his absence have a negative effect on you, what can he bring, ect., and anything else you think is important)
3) Closing/last words (be sure to leave a polite and good impression)
4) Signature (or anonymously signed if you prefer)
5) Postscript ("P.S." at the end of the letter. Usually applies to pen & ink written letters. If you forgot something/have something else to say that may be a little off topic [usually applies to e-mails], here's your chance)

Letter example: Here's a letter I've sent to Nintendo of America customer support (nintendo@noa.nintendo.com) that could be copied for those short on time. It can also be edited to your liking, especially if you're mailing to a different company.

I'd recommend bolding or underlining important questions you're asking. It's a neat trick that helps emphasize on what's being said, catching the reader's eyes on what's important more easily.

Snail mail addresses:

• Nintendo of America: 4600 150th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, United States
  • Namco Bandai: 1740 Technology Drive, Suite 600; San Jose, CA 95110
  • Nintendo head office: Nintendo Company, Ltd., 11-1 Kamitoba-hokotate-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8501, Japan
  • Intelligent Systems main office: INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS CO., LTD., 10 Daimotsu-cho Kamitoba Minami-ku, Kyoto-shi Kyoto-fu 601-8121, Japan
***Don't forget to buy international stamps if you're sending mail outside your country!***

You can also send letters by email. Here's some addresses:

- Nintendo of America: Contact Nintendo directly here. The site allows you to contact Nintendo through a support ticket process, however, there is a max character limit for what you want to write. Instead, I recommend contacting NoA via email through this support address: nintendo@noa.nintendo.com
- Namco Bandai: support@namcobandaigames.com (website, customer support)
- Intelligent Systems: webmaster@intsys.co.jp (website)

***Please remember to be polite and courteous when reaching out via social media. There's nothing wrong with trying to make a strong, loud impression, however, we should also make a good impression***​

Other ways:

- Club Nintendo surveys. Codes are found within the games you buy, and you could register them to partake in surveys. I suggest people to sign up (it's free, website) and when you buy Smash 3DS or Wii U, participate in the survey. I know for the Smash 3DS survey, near the end there's a question that asks what are you looking forward to/what are you excited about. So, perhaps it's a good time to express that you're excited for character DLC, but also mention you would like to see Roy return. I'm sure developers do check these surveys as Paper Mario: Sticker Star's lack of story was supposedly because a low amount of people expressed interest in story elements, taken from the Club Nintendo survey. It's feedback in the end, and we're allowed to give it
- Online character polls. Vote for Roy every time you see a Smash DLC popularity poll, whether on this site or elsewhere. It's a good way to gauge interest in Roy in the West
- Call people. Nintendo of America: (425)-882-2040 and Namco Bandai: (408)-235-2000

The future isn't bleak

Roy will need all the support he could get. However, even if Roy does not become playable in the end, there may be some positive outcomes to look forward too. A higher-up at IS has previously stated that he would like to see FE6 remade. As such, showing support for Roy in Smash and a FE6 remake (or even for the game to be localized on VC) may eventually lead to Roy getting a proper introduction here. No doubt Roy's more popular in Japan (FE6 is usually highly acclaimed too), but if Japan sees the West's interest in Roy, well, then who knows. Please don't be shy to spread the movement around -- tell your friends, family, and everyone else in between. Most of us are viewing this thread on some sort of device with wifi... why not spend 5 min tweeting your support for Roy, or writing an email? It doesn't hurt to at least try.

Gotta give credit when it'e due. Thanks @BKupa666 for the many campaign ideas.
And thanks to all the supporters!

List of Supporters

-Rhythm-
Azure Warrior
Ben Holt
CadePirate
CardiganBoy
ChronoBound
Croph
Deathlightning21
DougX
Geoffrey Druyts
Ghirahilda
Hellrazor
ItsRy
J04KlM
Jaden
LEGOfan12
loganhogan
Lucimar
Marthmario
mynameisv
NotLightningRunner
Pelleas
Psionic
Roy-Kun
ScatmansWorld25
Speed
Steelia
Strider_Bond00J
Waluigi is too big
wildvine47
Xtreme Dragon
zkaka3000

Please tag me/reply in this thread if you'd like to be added

MORE COMING SOON!!

If you'd like to contribute anything for the OP, feel free to tell me and I'll get on it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Blonde Scarved Marth is best Marth.

Why?

Because scarves are the most fashionable thing ever invented! :awesome:

Also, somewhat related:

[collapse=FE protags in a nutshell]
[/collapse]

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Blonde Scarved Marth is best Marth.

Why?

Because scarves are the most fashionable thing ever invented! :awesome:

Also, somewhat related:

[collapse=FE pro tags in a nutshell]
[/collapse]
Just even having a sword is enough to make a character get hate in Super Smash Bros. Then I guess all fighting games with a sword are automatically bad. (Not true, but I know SoulCalibur V fits that bill perfectly. Yeah, that game killed my interest in SoulCalibur. Which is why my Patroklos Mii is put to good use as a training dummy. :glare:) But Robin is without a doubt the most unique character to come out of Fire Emblem, and represents the series in a way more than just the Blue-haired Swordsman trope. Our Boy Roy, is a Red-haired Swordsman! Save Eliwood and Joshua, not a common commodity to have lying around. (Yeah, this post doesn't seem to make much sense - I'm going to bed.:tired:)

Also, any opinions on a Fire Emblem fighting game like Blazblue/Guilty Gear?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like how the fanbase loves to blow the Elise twins' relationship out of proportion, thus making one of the worse Fire Emblem pairings in history. :rolleyes:

But still a pretty hilarious poster that could be easily made by a Smasher or Fire Emblem noob.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Just even having a sword is enough to make a character get hate in Super Smash Bros. Then I guess all fighting games with a sword are automatically bad. (Not true, but I know SoulCalibur V fits that bill perfectly. Yeah, that game killed my interest in SoulCalibur. Which is why my Patroklos Mii is put to good use as a training dummy. :glare:) But Robin is without a doubt the most unique character to come out of Fire Emblem, and represents the series in a way more than just the Blue-haired Swordsman trope. Our Boy Roy, is a Red-haired Swordsman! Save Eliwood and Joshua, not a common commodity to have lying around. (Yeah, this post doesn't seem to make much sense - I'm going to bed.:tired:)

Also, any opinions on a Fire Emblem fighting game like Blazblue/Guilty Gear?
Yus! I wish to take Mai Katta and rip and tear through the FE roster! muahahahaha!

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I emailed Nintendo asking for the following as DLC:
  • Roy
  • Snake
  • Lucas
  • Issac
I'll post the response when I can.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I never played Golden Sun, is it anygood?
I've played it a long time ago. I thought it was a decent RPG, there's some puzzle elements as well, and I like the characters. Kinda like Final Fantasy meets Zelda in terms of environment exploring and puzzle completing.

Well, I like RPGs in general, and I think it's fun to look back at older RPGs.

You should ask your question in the Isaac thread. I'm sure everyone will try to get you into playing the game haha.

I emailed Nintendo asking for the following as DLC:
  • Roy
  • Snake
  • Lucas
  • Issac
I'll post the response when I can.
I sent my email to Nintendo like 6 days ago, and the day after I sent it, they responded saying they received the email and I should expect a response soon. So, I'm giving them like 1-2 weeks (I'm sure I'll get one though, even if it's a generic message, but if the email is edited a little, at least I know it's been read).

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Marth has a palette based on Roy but not his hair color. Do you guys think it means anything?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Marth has a palette based on Roy but not his hair color. Do you guys think it means anything?
Not really. All it means is that Marth is sadly subject to Training Dummy Mode for stealing our Boy Roy's clothes.

In all seriousness, it's debatable - If we're saying Roy will be DLC and have his Awakening design as a new default costume, it would end up being a nod towards Roy's Melee costume.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've a thought - Ike's Neutral Special Eruption in SSB4 has a warning that informs the player they are at maximum power before or they'll self-destruct and take damage. Should Roy have something like that, or should Flare Blade have no warning at all, and full power always deals damage to yourself?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I've a thought - Ike's Neutral Special Eruption in SSB4 has a warning that informs the player they are at maximum power before or they'll self-destruct and take damage. Should Roy have something like that, or should Flare Blade have no warning at all, and full power always deals damage to yourself?
Iunno....huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom