• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ where did you find that Lemmy icon?
In the signature? I merely edited this icon I got from MarioWiki - it's from Mario Kart 8's character selection screen.

Removed the black borders and tried to make the size similar to the playable character icons in this forum. I could do the other Koopalings for you guys, for that meantime until we (probably) get the icon portraits for Koopalings from the SSB4 itself (in some fashion).

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Wendy is my least favorite koopaling, but I don't dislike her.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
In the signature? I merely edited this icon I got from MarioWiki - it's from Mario Kart 8's character selection screen.

Removed the black borders and tried to make the size similar to the playable character icons in this forum. I could do the other Koopalings for you guys, for that meantime until we (probably) get the icon portraits for Koopalings from the SSB4 itself (in some fashion).
Aww your love for Lemmy is so cute! Lemmy is a cute baby! <3

I'll use him but Wendy will be my main one! She's one bad Betch :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Bumpin' up to bring you Ludwig for #TeamLudwig!

Making these is more difficult than I thought however. Not only I have to make sure the lines stay cleaning after erasing the black bordes, I also gotta make sure the proportions are enough comparable to those of the playable character avatars. I might do these in spurts, really. You can request me the remaining Koopaling you want though.

(Morton is giving me trouble however because his eyebrows and those pesky three hair strands keep disappearing withing the black borders)

Also, on another note:

Does anyone remember this game? Yoshi's Safari some of the Koopalings also pilot mechas to fight against Mario and Yoshi- predating Bowser Jr's debut appearance by far.

By this it might not be so strange for the Koopalings to also pilot the Koopa Clown Car. (Funnily enough the Lemmy's one in this batch made me think of it most)

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I've supported for a while, but go ahead and add me! I'm happy he made it! :D

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Seems like I am the only one who loathes Wendy Koopa. :laugh:
You're not alone, she did have one of the most frustrating fights in Super Mario Bros. 3 and DON'T get me started on her cartoon portrayal. *shudders*

For my Koopaling main, it will be none other than the most badass of the bunch.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I pretty much want to play as all 8 kids! But, if I had to choose specifically, the characrters I want to play as are: Jr., Larry, Lemmy, (Lenny?), and Iggy. I want to play as Morton Jr., Wendy, Roy, and Ludwig as well, but I don't fell as strongly about them as I do the others. I'll post pics of them later, if I feel like it. BTW, do you all think that when Jr. is unlocked, do you all think it'll be possible to fight a different Koopaling instead of Jr. himself sometimes in All-Star? (If I remember correctly, Samus, Princess Zelda, and the Pokemon Trainer had this feature with ZSS, Sheik, and Red's Pokemon in SSBB's All-Star.)

DarkStar15

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nasir
3DS FC
2466-4104-0703
Bowser jr is in the esrb leak(which has been basically confirmed) and I think the koopa kids are alts

smashkirby

Smash Hero
OK, Here's my characters:
Bowser Jr.
Larry Koopa
Iggy Koopa
and Lemmy (Lenny?) Koopa. BTW, can someone PLEASE tell me how to really spell Lemmy/Lenny's name?

Moderator Edit: I'd recommend putting large images inside spoiler tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luminario

Smash Lord
OK, Here's my characters:
Bowser Jr.
Larry Koopa
Iggy Koopa
and Lemmy (Lenny?) Koopa. BTW, can someone PLEASE tell me how to really spell Lemmy/Lenny's name?
LeMMy cause he's ****ing Mad.
Jr's Clown Car always looks much more adorable than Bowser's. I think it's because of the round eyes instead of the oval ones and the smaller mouth.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Also here's a cool thing
(click on the pictures so they take you to the source)

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Well Bowser Jr. is pretty much confirmed. He has been my second most wanted for years. Yet I can't feel a little sad. His paintbrush was missed potential, and I will never feel the joy of unlocking him without me knowing he's in. But, beggars can't be choosers and I will be happy he's in regardless of his moveset.

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
I now see people saying that the whole Koopaling alt thing for Bowser Jr. is true because of the Pic of the Day stating that each character has 8 different palettes. Is it true that there was another leak saying that each character now gets 8 color swaps while Bowser Jr. gets the 7 Koopalings as alts?

Luminario

Smash Lord
I now see people saying that the whole Koopaling alt thing for Bowser Jr. is true because of the Pic of the Day stating that each character has 8 different palettes. Is it true that there was another leak saying that each character now gets 8 color swaps while Bowser Jr. gets the 7 Koopalings as alts?
If I remember correctly there was. In fact it pretty much said exactly what you just said there. Koopaling alts are looking pretty likely now and I CAN'T WAIT

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Not going to lie, I am definitely looking forward to using the Lemmy alt. I like Jr, but I am much more excited to play as Lemmy.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I guess the Koopalings are practically confirmed with each fighter having 8 alts. Can't wait to play as Morton, Roy and Ludwig!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It sounds very sad that Bowser Jr. won't get any recolors, and yet Bowser does. All this because of the assumption that the Koopalings ARE the palette swaps.

Edit: I should probably point out that Bowser Jr. is only really in the same weight league as Larry and Wendy. All of Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps have to have the exact same attributes, which would end up looking stupid if the Koopalings are his palette swaps; for example, Roy and Morton are way heavier than Bowser Jr..

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
It sounds very sad that Bowser Jr. won't get any recolors, and yet Bowser does. All this because of the assumption that the Koopalings ARE the palette swaps.

Edit: I should probably point out that Bowser Jr. is only really in the same weight league as Larry and Wendy. All of Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps have to have the exact same attributes, which would end up looking stupid if the Koopalings are his palette swaps; for example, Roy and Morton are way heavier than Bowser Jr..
Well smash never stays true to scale or canon. Roy, Morton and Iggy are gonna have to be reduced to Smash Bowser Jr's size now. They always change size so they'll look fine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well smash never stays true to scale or canon. Roy, Morton and Iggy are gonna have to be reduced to Smash Bowser Jr's size now. They always change size so they'll look fine.
This is why I hate the thought of making the Koopalings as palette swaps. Some people would want to do an all Bowser Jr. fight, and that would be impossible if Bowser Jr. doesn't have any actual recolors.

Edit: On a side note, I forgot that the Koopalings actually did use Bowser's Koopa Clown Car in New Super Mario Bros. 2. But they didn't have personal ones.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
This is why I hate the thought of making the Koopalings as palette swaps. Some people would want to do an all Bowser Jr. fight, and that would be impossible if Bowser Jr. doesn't have any actual recolors.

Edit: On a side note, I forgot that the Koopalings actually did use Bowser's Koopa Clown Car in New Super Mario Bros. 2. But they didn't have personal ones.
You can pick multiple Bowser Jr's but only online against other people. If your wii sharing then ya the other people are gonna have to use the Koopalings instead. It's not an issue to be honest. Your playing as the clown car and the Koopa piloting it is just an accessory pretty much.

I mean Bowser Jr is in Smash thanks to the Koopalings and clown car. I'm sure if Nintendo or Sakurai didn't think of the clown car gimmick with Koopalings. Bowser Jr wouldn't have made it playable

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You can pick multiple Bowser Jr's but only online against other people. If your wii sharing then ya the other people are gonna have to use the Koopalings instead. It's not an issue to be honest. Your playing as the clown car and the Koopa piloting it is just an accessory pretty much.

I mean Bowser Jr is in Smash thanks to the Koopalings and clown car. I'm sure if Nintendo or Sakurai didn't think of the clown car gimmick with Koopalings. Bowser Jr wouldn't have made it playable
But still, you're able to have four male Villagers, four male Robins, and four Zero Mission outfit Zero Suit Samus'. Shouldn't we be allowed to have four Bowser Jr.s as well?

I'm sorry, but the idea of treating the Koopalings as Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps is just ****ing stupid.

TeamLaFlare

Smash Cadet

It's hard to say that they would/could all be different weight scales and sizes though. Only until recently in more modern games have they drastically varied in size. If you look at some of their original appearances in video games and even in the tv show they are much closer in overall sizing to each other and Bowser Jr. in general, so if they stick to earlier appearances of their character iterations, then I can see it working out. Granted, I am sure that they would model their character renders off of modern versions rather than classic ones.

But if you look at the images below, you will see what I mean. It's just some food for thought. :)

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
But still, you're able to have four male Villagers, four male Robins, and four Zero Mission outfit Zero Suit Samus'. Shouldn't we be allowed to have four Bowser Jr.s as well?

I'm sorry, but the idea of treating the Koopalings as Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps is just ****ing stupid.
The thing is the Koopalings and Bowser Jr's popularity is about evenly matched. The Koopalings may possibly be more popular. Bowser Jr is their new leader(previously Ludwig). It would make sense for them to all be character alts of their leader. That's why Bowser Jr's name appears on the select screen rather then the Koopalings. It just looks better on the screen. Would be very weird to cram a selfie pic of all Koopalings + Bowser Jr in 1 box and call their name as Bowser Jr/Koopalings. Bowser Jr being the main Koopa makes sense since he's their leader after all. To be honest there are many people who dislike and even hate Bowser Jr. I personally don't really like him and I never cared for him. The fact that his inclusion brings my favorite Koopalings into Smash as playable is awesome! I'll accept Bowser Jr because he brings a whole set of wonderful characters(Koopalings). Seeing as how Nintendo is pushing both Bowser Jr and especially Koopalings like crazy. It's a win-win scenario. Both Bowser Jr and Koopaling fans are pleased! :)

Speculator

Smash Ace
The weight thing is probably nullified by them all being in the Koopa Clown Car. I assume that being a form of aerial transport it's capable of offsetting the weight of the pilot, whoever that might be. It also looks like the KCC itself does most of the fighting, so as long as that stays physically the same it likely doesn't matter if the pilot's model changes shape a little.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The thing is the Koopalings and Bowser Jr's popularity is about evenly matched. The Koopalings may possibly be more popular. Bowser Jr is their new leader(previously Ludwig). It would make sense for them to all be character alts of their leader. That's why Bowser Jr's name appears on the select screen rather then the Koopalings. It just looks better on the screen. Would be very weird to cram a selfie pic of all Koopalings + Bowser Jr in 1 box and call their name as Bowser Jr/Koopalings. Bowser Jr being the main Koopa makes sense since he's their leader after all. To be honest there are many people who dislike and even hate Bowser Jr. I personally don't really like him and I never cared for him. The fact that his inclusion brings my favorite Koopalings into Smash as playable is awesome! I'll accept Bowser Jr because he brings a whole set of wonderful characters(Koopalings). Seeing as how Nintendo is pushing both Bowser Jr and especially Koopalings like crazy. It's a win-win scenario. Both Bowser Jr and Koopaling fans are pleased! :)
More like a poorly thought out plot. At least give Bowser Jr. some REAL palette swaps.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
More like a poorly thought out plot. At least give Bowser Jr. some REAL palette swaps.
Your a cool guy but why does the Koopalings as character alts upset you so much? I'm not trying to sound mean or rude. I'm just curious to why your so upset about something so petty? I'm just saying that you should be happy Bowser Jr is playable in the first place. Ya he may have been gimped of pallete swaps but he gets the awesome Koopalings as character alts instead. Just pick Bowser Jr. The Koopalings are just optional choices. Sakurai could have easily been a troll and made the Koopalings playable with the KCC gimmick instead of Bowser Jr but instead he included all 8 and made Bowser Jr the main one of the bunch. Again I'm not trying to attack you. I'm just puzzled as to why your against something as interesting as this.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer : The thing is, Bowser Jr. should have actual recolors, just like everyone else. Sakurai has not officially confirmed him yet, so maybe the palette swap system will be different for him.

For one solution, Bowser Jr. gets eight palette swaps, and the Koopaling option as well. You want to use the Koopalings, press the L or R button while Bowser Jr. is selected. Of course, you'd have to unlock the Koopaling swaps first.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am really growing to hate the idea of Koopaling alts. It is not fair for Bowser Jr...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I am really growing to hate the idea of Koopaling alts. It is not fair for Bowser Jr...
I agree with you there. The palette swap system should really operate differently for Bowser Jr., so that way, he gets his recolors, and the Koopaling option.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Honestly I would take the alts over simple palette swaps anyday. It takes more love and attention to make a model than it does to change a characters color.

Also if we're going to talk about being fair. It wouldn't be fair for Jr to get seven alts as well as additional palette swaps when every other character is limited to 8. In the end the issue is petty, the character model has nothing to do with gameplay. At least in this aspect of inclusion, 8 different types of player can get a little of what they want instead of only one type of player.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Kooplings are so alternates now not only sakurai knows about the picture leak he knows about the ninka one too.

I hope the announcer voice/name changes with which alternate your using.

Top Bottom