• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Banner made by N3ON

Overview

Bowser Jr. is Bowser's youngest son, and is the future leader of the Koopa Troop. Like his father, Bowser Jr. likes to cause trouble around the Mushroom Kingdom, and is a common foe to the Mario Bros.. His first antagonistic role was when he imitated Mario, and vandalized Isle Delfino during the process. Other times he just snags Princess Peach and runs off with her.

Outside of mainstream games, Bowser Jr. has been a common participant in a lot of the Mario spin-off titles, including Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Baseball, and even Mario Strikers.

Now while Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son, he doesn't exactly operate like his father. In some games, he's portrayed to be quite nimble, while offering average power. But in others, he's seen as being rather slow.

Super Smash Bros. 4

Bowser Jr. enters the Super Smash Bros. series as the newest Super Mario franchise character.

Compared to Bowser, Bowser Jr. is more about being nimble. In fact, Bowser Jr. is pretty quick for a character with average attack strength. He also utilizes a paintbrush, which improves his range at times. In terms of his size, Bowser Jr. is around Diddy Kong's height, and he also rivals Diddy Kong in the weight department.

While Bowser Jr. isn't exactly a major powerhouse, his average strength and nimble footwork does make him quite versatile. He also offers the ability to wall jump.

This is basically how I see Bowser Jr. being utilized. But if anyone else has their own inputs for Bowser Jr., share it here.

Concepts

[collapse=Recolors]Contributed by Venus of the Desert Bloom
[/collapse]

[collapse=Movesets]My Contribution

Bowser Jr. possesses a very unique mechanic that none of the other playable characters have, and it's known as the "Graffiti" mechanic. Much like how Ness uses PK, Zelda uses Magic, Lucario uses Aura, and Ganondorf uses Darkness, Bowser Jr. utilizes Graffiti for most of his attacks. This is especially due to the fact that he uses his magic brush for almost all of his standard attacks.

In terms of how the Graffiti mechanic works, it basically involves Bowser Jr. utilizing his magic brush to directly attack opponents. Whenever the magic brush damages opponents, it'll leave behind damaging graffiti, which is represented by rainbow paint. If Bowser Jr. delivers any powerful hits with his brush, the amount of graffiti that gets layered onto the opponents will increase. However, Bowser Jr. can only put up to three layers of graffiti on the opponent. The layer effects go as follows...

One layer: Player takes 1% damage for every two seconds that pass. Lasts for two seconds if the player hasn't been damaged by any more graffiti attacks. Weak brush attacks tend to offer this result.

Two layers: Player takes 1% damage for every 1.5 seconds that pass, and his/her movement speed gets reduced by 25%. Downgrades to one layer after two seconds have passed without being damaged by graffiti attacks. Moderately strong brush attacks often offer this result.

Three layers: Player takes 1% damage for every second that passes, and his/her movement speed gets reduced by 50%. Downgrades to two layers after two seconds have passed without being damaged by graffiti attacks. Fully charged smash attacks are very likely to offer this result.​

On an additional note, Bowser Jr.'s up special, the Brush Propeller, also utilizes the Graffiti mechanic, as it does has offensive properties. Also, his Final Smash, Jr. Clown Car, also utilizes graffiti, as the boxing gloves that are equipped onto his Koopa Clown Car will have graffiti painted onto them; this graffiti will always place three layers of graffiti onto anyone who gets hit. The Bob-ombs, however, do not utilize graffiti at all.

Because of the nature of Bowser Jr.'s Graffiti mechanics, players need to be careful not to get overwhelmed by Bowser Jr.'s brush attacks.

Special Moves

standard - Flame Shot: Bowser Jr. will spit out a fireball that'll try to home in on a nearby opponent. He can charge up the size of the fireball as well, but the bigger it is, the less efficient its homing capabilities are. Bigger fireballs deal more damage, but the charge can't be held. Also, the range of the fireballs aren't very long, as they'll gradually weaken over time before disappearing.

side - Graffiti Ball: Bowser Jr. will use his magic brush to hurl up to three paint balls at opponents. The paint balls are very weak in power, and deliver no knockback, but when they hit their opponents, the opponents will be briefly covered in damaging graffiti that deals 1% damage for every two seconds that pass. The graffiti subsides rather quickly, but Bowser Jr. can set up additional paint ball layers, which not only extends how long the graffiti will stay on the opponents, but can also reduce their movement speed as well. Up to three layers of graffiti can be placed on a single opponent.

up - Brush Propeller: Bowser Jr. will spin his brush like a propeller, and will start moving forward. The attack's power is relatively weak, but it can score multiple hits, with the last hit dealing the most damage. Players can control the angle of where Bowser Jr. is moving, acting as his third jump. However, this move leaves Bowser Jr. helpless afterwards.

down - Shell Dive: Bowser Jr. dives down to ground in a manner that's similar to his deke move from Mario Strikers Charged. Although it's weaker than the Bowser Bomb, it's less laggy, and Bowser Jr. recovers more quickly after using it.​

Final Smash - Jr. Clown Car:

Bowser Jr. will get into his personal Koopa Clown Car, and start using it to attack opponents. Pressing the standard attack button will have the Koopa Clown Car attacking with its boxing gloves, which can deal decent damage. Pressing the special attack button, however, will have Bowser Jr. throwing two Bob-ombs which will explode upon touching ground. While Bowser Jr. is impervious to flinching while on the Koopa Clown Car, he'll still take damage from attacks. Also, Bowser Jr. can move the Koopa Clown Car around in any direction, considering that it is levitating. After 20 seconds have passed, the Koopa Clown Car will disappear, but it won't have a negative effect on Bowser Jr.'s recovery.

Contributed by R.O.B.

Contributed by Frostwraith
Neutral B: Fireball - shoots a Fireball, like Bowser in the original Super Mario Bros. Can be aimed up for a vertical upward shot.

Side B: Shell Throw - based on New Super Mario Bros. boss battles, he throws a Koopa Shell item, so it would work nicely against opponents with high %.

Up B: Whirling Junior - similar to Bowser's Up B, but with more vertical recovery and less horizontal recovery.

Down B: Disguise - Grabs his paintbrush and puts on his Shadow Mario disguise from Super Mario Sunshine. Much like Sheik only appeared in Ocarina of Time, Shadow Mario only appeared in Sunshine (barring spin-offs), so it's not Farfetch'd if they included this transformation.

Final Smash: Koopa Clown Car - since his father has Giga Bowser, Bowser Jr. would ride the Clown Car. Press B to shoot a powerful Fireball or press A to summon two Mech-Koopas.

Special moves for Shadow Mario:

Neutral B: Paint Blob - shoots a ball of ink. Like all ink based moves, the ink would stay on the floor causing victims to have a chance to trip and it would be slippery too. sometimes, he may shot flaming ink or electric ink, in which stepping on would continuously damage the victim (with NO KNOCKBACK).

Side B: Paintbrush Spin - a spinning move not unlike R.O.B.'s. it can reflect projectiles or deal multiple hits. the damage type depended on the ink in the tip of the brush, which is randomly changed every time the neutral special is used.

Down B: Disguise - changes back to Bowser Jr.

Up B: Ink Uppercut - does an uppercut with the paintbrush. useful for recovery.

Final Smash: Polluted Piranha Plant - unleashes a massive amount of goop in the floor and a Polluted Piranha Plant rised from it and attacks the foes. if the foes get to far, the Piranha would shoot poweful projectiles at the victims. Shadow Mario can freely move during this.​

Contributed by D-idara
Neutral B: Fireball (NSMBWii) - He shoots a single fireball that hits for medium damage. If the fireball travels long enough without hitting anything, it drops into the ground and creates a fiery patch that lasts for 2 seconds.

Forward B: Paint Splash (Bowser+Super Mario Sunshine) - Jr. does a grab similar to Bowser's F+B and if he manages to grab another character, he hits them with his paintbrush and they end up soaked in paint, which does 2% per second (It lasts 3 seconds) and slows down the character's running speed by 20%.

Down B: Ammunition Strike (NSMBWii) - This attack has three levels that depend on Junior's damage meter:

Below 40%: He pulls out a small Koopa Shell which can be thrown as an item...it is much smaller than the iteam counterpart and is darker in color. It doesn't have as much knockback or damage input either, so it's a rather underwhelming projectile that could be useful for racking up damage.

From 40% to 80%: He pulls out a big spiked ball that can be thrown and rolls slowly. If the spiked ball is hit by any enemy attack it creates a small explosion that can also hit Jr. if he's close enough. Also, if any ground-pound type attack is used on the same terrain the spiked ball is rolling, it will bounce upwards (Think of DK's D+B, Bowser's D+B, Yoshi's D+B as ground-pound attacks).

Above 80%: Jr. pulls out a green Bob-Omb that can be thrown around. Although it doesn't have as much power and knockback as the standard Black Bob-Omb, it's still a powerful projectile that can send opponents flying easily if their % is above 60. On a side note, Jr. does have a small chance of pulling out a standard Bob-Omb with a lit fuse.

Up B: Whirling Tower (Pun on Bowser's Whirling Fortress, as Bowser's usually fought on the final Fortress and Junior usually acts as a boss in Towers and midboss levels) - Junior spins in a way very similar to his dad, the differences being that he goes a little higher and has more horizontal movement, making it a less effective attack but a much more reliable Third jump.

Final Smash: Airship Armada (NSMBWii/SMG) Bowser Jr. jumps up into his own personal Airship and as the Airship circles menacingly above the battlefield, a reticle appears in the battlefield (In the case of standard-control users) or the battlefield appears in the Gamepad (For Gamepad users; yes, i'm giving a control method to the Gamepad because you Wii U Pro noobs should put a little more faith in the new controller).

There are 4 projectiles you shoot in this order:

Bullet Bill - A single Bullet Bill that travels in a straight line. the Airship may shoot a homing Bullet Bill from time to time.

Bob-Omb - The Airship throws a flurry of 3 Bob-Ombs around the point where you aimed/touched.

Flamethrower - A torrent of flames comes off the Airship and it lasts around 2 seconds before switching to the next projectile.

Spiked Pole - One of those spiked poles from the Airships in SM3DL and the Castles in NSMBWii comes off the selected point and crushes down into the battlefield, dealing big damage with serious knockback.

As a side note, if the Stage has a Sky background when this Final Smash is used, the sky turns cloudy and lightning strikes in the background, giving it a sinister appearance similar to the Airships' background in SMB3.​

Contributed by SmashShadow
Neutral Special: Fireball
Pressing B starts him charging and after he has charged he will glow slightly. For each level of charging he is able to produce another fireball(max 3.) the next time the b button is pressed. If you quickly press b twice you will shoot one fireball. Each fireball does 8% damage so a fully charged shot will do 24% damage and a semi charged will do 16%. The fireballs move horizontally and are about the same size as Samus's uncharged charge shot. When used it has a slight lag but moves much faster and has more range than mario's fireball. You can dodge roll out of charging.

Side Special: Bill launcher
Bowser Jr. pulls out a personalized version of the bill blaster made into a rocket launcher. He shoots a single bullet bill that travels straight in the direction he's facing. The bullet bill act exactly like it did in the SSE. They have the same speed, health and atk strength and if hit and their health isn't completely depleated they will flinch but then continue on their trajectory. The one difference is that if reflected they don't go back to their normal flight direction and if reflected too many times or hits a wall it will explode. A hit from this does 15% damage and only 1 bb can be on screen at a time. Has the same lag as Snake's rocket launcher.

Down Special: Paint Trap
He pulls out his paintbrush and spins it in a circle as he drags it on the ground(cannot be used in the air). What is left is a puddle of paint 2 character lengths in size. The puddles stays for 5 seconds and you can have a maximum of 2 on screen at the same time. The puddles come out randomly in 3 colors.

Red- does fire damage to whoever steps on the puddle and last the entire 5 secs
Blue- shoots out a geisure to whoever steps on the puddle and shoots the opponent upward. This does 10% damage and has KO potential at high damage but the puddle will vanish after 1 use.
Green- traps the opponent in a guck that holds them for 2 seconds(excluding counter) in place. Opponents cannot use attacks while stuck.

Up Special: Koopa Clown Car
Junior pulls out the koopa clown car in a puff of smoke and rides it for 2 seconds and does a somersault out of it with the car vanishing in another smoke puff. He can ram opponents with it if they hit the front part of the car doing very minimal damage. Likewise opponents can destory his clown car it they attack it while in use.

Final smash: Airship Armada
Inb4​
[/collapse]

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is my Bowser Jr. moveset, which actually ended up winning the MYM contest in which it was posted.

I support Jr. as the SSB4 Mario newcomer because, no matter what moveset he'd have, he would be great to play as. If he used his paintbrush, he would likely introduce a new 'paint' status effect to the game (like Lip's Stick flowers, poison damage, etc.), which is far more than characters like Toad can claim (most Toad movesets just throw together random Mario powerups and claim to be original). If he were made into a Bowser clone, which is far less likely than many assume, due to him being unable to throw his weight around nearly as much as his father, he would make Bowser's moveset actually viable in competitive play. Lord knows, Sakurai's idea of balancing heavyweights is to make them 'slow', so to have a counterweight to that in Jr. would really be a welcome inclusion.

All hail the Koopa Prince!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I love the thought of Junior having a paintbrush in his moveset, and even if that is probably more exciting than any other newcomer's moveset potential, barring maybe Isaac's, WHEN A CHARACTER ONLY HAS A PAINTBRUSH GOING FOR THEM then I would say they're not a very good character to add.

He's also "another" Bowser. That really bothers me too.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Like Oasis, I have reservations about multiple versions of characters.

However, Bowser Jr. being Bowser's son eases those reservations for me. I think a good Junior moveset would draw from his appearances in boss battles, with some Paintbrush thrown in.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Beyond the paintbrush, in New Super Mario Bros Wii he has fire-breath (and it's different from Bowser's as the fireballs are homing and leave big fire patches on the ground), and in most of his recent appearances he's piloting the Koopa Clown Car or mechs like a Mario version of Dr.Eggman.

I'd be all too happy to have Bowser Jr in Smash 4, I tend to main him in every game he's playable so there's a good chance he'd be one of my more played characters here too! :cool:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
He's Bowser's Son. He's not Baby Bowser. I understand people who are annoyed at different forms of the same character, but this is most certainly not the case here.

Even without the paintbrush, most of Bowser's moves very heavily rely on his size and would look -stupid- on a character as small as Bowser Jr. If anything, Bowser Jr. without his paintbrush would more resemble Squirtle.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
If i was sakurai i would consider cutting pokemon trainer and adding three characters who would roughly take there place... sooo bowser jr would kinda play like squrtle? But with fire

:phone:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Theres so much potiential with this character. I would very much like seeing him in the roster. But I wonder if they would consider using his paintbrush seeing how he hasnt even had it since Super Mario Sunshine which was relased 10 years ago. If it were up to me I say they use it in the moveset. Maybe not for every move but I think it would make his moveset more unique.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Actually, Bowser Jr. has had his paintbrush since then. It's mostly been restricted to spin-offs, however.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Mario Power Tennis and Super Sluggers were the ones that come to mind. The Mario Wiki also cites Mario Hoops and Sports Mix.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Mario Power Tennis and Super Sluggers were the ones that come to mind. The Mario Wiki also cites Mario Hoops and Sports Mix.
O thats interesting. Im actually pretty glad they still let him use his Paintbrush....I notcied in Mario 3D Land that theres shadow mario in the game.....Is that Bowser Jr. doing that with his paintbrush or just a random shadow mario trying to get you to complete the level as quickly as possible?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
One thing I can imagine them doing with Bowser Jr is basing his moveset on the skills of the Koopalings in Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros Wii (and 2). His paint brush can probably work like the magic wands did in Super Mario Bros 3 and New Super Mario Bros Wii.

O thats interesting. Im actually pretty glad they still let him use his Paintbrush....I notcied in Mario 3D Land that theres shadow mario in the game.....Is that Bowser Jr. doing that with his paintbrush or just a random shadow mario trying to get you to complete the level as quickly as possible?
Nah those were just shadow clones. I don't recall Bowser Jr appearing in Mario 3D Land at all. Mario usually dealt with Boom Boom, Pom Pom and Bowser in that game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd say Junior has an 80% chance of being included in Smash 4. I was supporting him for a while since I loved every Mario game we was involved in, especially Sunshine. We need more child fighters anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For one thought for Bowser Jr.'s special moveset, he could spit out a fireball that could home in on the closest target. Bowser Jr. can even build up the size of the fireball before spitting it out.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I picture Bowser Jr. having below average speed stats but makes up for that in power. Not quite as slow or strong as Bowser but much stronger than say Squirtle who I picture both having the same body height. Coupled with his small height would make him a very hard character to both hit and KO.

And for those who care, I created some palette swaps for Bowser Jr. based on the Koopalings palette scheme and two on Bowser's palette swaps.

Brown Bowser Jr. Made to look like Morton Koopa Jr
Blue Bowser Jr. He is made to look like Larry Koopa.
Pink Bowser Jr. He is made to look like Roy Koopa.
Retro Bowser Jr. – Bowser Jr’s palette swap looks a lot like Bowser’s 2nd palette swap.
Grey Bowser Jr. – Bowser Jr.’s palette swap looks a lot like Bowser’s 5th palette swap.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
Bowser jr is the first on my list from mario characters to be put on ssb4 followed by waluigi. He could work great medium speed and power and could use his staff and transform into shadow mario.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bowser Jr. is like one of my biggest picks for SSB4 and I would absolutely love for him to be in the game! I totally support Bowser Jr. and actually is the person I am probably going to be the most excited to play if he does get into the game.

I want Bowser Jr. who can use the paintbrush because I feel that would really make him a stand-out character and just really cool overall.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I also support Bowser Jr.'s inclusion. I don't feel like posting an entire moveset so here are the special moves:

Neutral B: Fireball - shoots a Fireball, like Bowser in the original Super Mario Bros. Can be aimed up for a vertical upward shot.

Side B: Shell Throw - based on New Super Mario Bros. boss battles, he throws a Koopa Shell item, so it would work nicely against opponents with high %.

Up B: Whirling Junior - similar to Bowser's Up B, but with more vertical recovery and less horizontal recovery.

Down B: Disguise - Grabs his paintbrush and puts on his Shadow Mario disguise from Super Mario Sunshine. Much like Sheik only appeared in Ocarina of Time, Shadow Mario only appeared in Sunshine (barring spin-offs), so it's not Farfetch'd if they included this transformation.

Final Smash: Koopa Clown Car - since his father has Giga Bowser, Bowser Jr. would ride the Clown Car. Press B to shoot a powerful Fireball or press A to summon two Mech-Koopas.

Special moves for Shadow Mario:

Neutral B: Paint Blob - shoots a ball of ink. Like all ink based moves, the ink would stay on the floor causing victims to have a chance to trip and it would be slippery too. sometimes, he may shot flaming ink or electric ink, in which stepping on would continuously damage the victim (with NO KNOCKBACK).

Side B: Paintbrush Spin - a spinning move not unlike R.O.B.'s. it can reflect projectiles or deal multiple hits. the damage type depended on the ink in the tip of the brush, which is randomly changed every time the neutral special is used.

Down B: Disguise - changes back to Bowser Jr.

Up B: Ink Uppercut - does an uppercut with the paintbrush. useful for recovery.

Final Smash: Polluted Piranha Plant - unleashes a massive amount of goop in the floor and a Polluted Piranha Plant rised from it and attacks the foes. if the foes get to far, the Piranha would shoot poweful projectiles at the victims. Shadow Mario can freely move during this.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Polluted_Piranha_Plant <- check here for images and information, so you can get an idea of how the move could work.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Hmm this seems a little....... cheap?
And powerful! do you know how much those shells hurt?
I mean its true that if the opponent grabs it then its pretty much fair game but still.

Anyway here's another idea so the topic can progress
Bowser jr takes out a baby chainchomp and much like shieks sideB you move the chainchomp in the direction you want it to go, But unlike shieks bowser jr will be tugged along if you move the chainchomp away from Bjr.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
I'm all in for Bowser Jr., but only if he actually transforms into Shadow Mario.
I know that, in the end of the Sunshine, Il Piantissimo gets the brush, but still... I hope Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario are included together.
I liked your moveset, especially the Final Smash.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
baby bowsers neutral B should be his scream from mario strikers

stuns them like mewtwos right B

idk so much about transforming into shadow mario though

bcuz if im picking bowser jr. im playing as him!

bowser jr for top tier!

i have plush dolls of him and a bowser jr mini toy!!!!!!!

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Meh.
Don't really think he's going to get in.
If the Mario series are going to get new reps, Toad and Waluigi are probably the ones to get in, mostly due to them being more popular and due to them being around for longer than Bowser Jr. has.
He gets only 40% of my support.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
You guys are forgetting a major fact about Jr "technology" he uses a whole plethora of robots and machines throughout the series i wouldn't make sense if that side of the character wasn't referenced.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
You guys are forgetting a major fact about Jr., "technology" he uses a whole plethora of robots and machines throughout the series it wouldn't make sense if that side of the character wasn't referenced.
He ain't Waluigi, son; Bowser Jr. only uses robots in the two Super Mario Galaxies, Super Mario Sunshine I think, and in some spin-offs.

D

Deleted member

I would be fine with having him on the roster. Granted, I prefer Toad, Waluigi, Paper Mario, and Geno over him, but if he were to acquire an unique move set, I would play as him.

Really, I would be happy with any Mario newcomer at this point.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm all in for Bowser Jr. ONLY if they don't even think about including Shadow Mario in his moveset; i mean, i want him to use the paintbrush all he wants (Well, actually no, just a few moves) but NO Shadow Mario! I'm tired of people thinking that Shadow Mario is a cool "character" (He's not even a character). Jr's the cool character! I'd give him Combos and smashes using the paintbrush (Except his Forward Smash, i want him to imitate his dad's headbutt while trying to do the same menacing growl).

As for Special Attacks, i'd twist around some of Bowser's attacks and give him a few new ones...

Neutral B: Fireball (NSMBWii) - He shoots a single fireball that hits for medium damage. If the fireball travels long enough without hitting anything, it drops into the ground and creates a fiery patch that lasts for 2 seconds.

Forward B: Paint Splash (Bowser+Super Mario Sunshine) - Jr. does a grab similar to Bowser's F+B and if he manages to grab another character, he hits them with his paintbrush and they end up soaked in paint, which does 2% per second (It lasts 3 seconds) and slows down the character's running speed by 20%.

Down B: Ammunition Strike (NSMBWii) - This attack has three levels that depend on Junior's damage meter:

Below 40%: He pulls out a small Koopa Shell which can be thrown as an item...it is much smaller than the iteam counterpart and is darker in color. It doesn't have as much knockback or damage input either, so it's a rather underwhelming projectile that could be useful for racking up damage.

From 40% to 80%: He pulls out a big spiked ball that can be thrown and rolls slowly. If the spiked ball is hit by any enemy attack it creates a small explosion that can also hit Jr. if he's close enough. Also, if any ground-pound type attack is used on the same terrain the spiked ball is rolling, it will bounce upwards (Think of DK's D+B, Bowser's D+B, Yoshi's D+B as ground-pound attacks).

Above 80%: Jr. pulls out a green Bob-Omb that can be thrown around. Although it doesn't have as much power and knockback as the standard Black Bob-Omb, it's still a powerful projectile that can send opponents flying easily if their % is above 60. On a side note, Jr. does have a small chance of pulling out a standard Bob-Omb with a lit fuse.

Up B: Whirling Tower (Pun on Bowser's Whirling Fortress, as Bowser's usually fought on the final Fortress and Junior usually acts as a boss in Towers and midboss levels) - Junior spins in a way very similar to his dad, the differences being that he goes a little higher and has more horizontal movement, making it a less effective attack but a much more reliable Third jump.

Final Smash: Airship Armada (NSMBWii/SMG) Bowser Jr. jumps up into his own personal Airship and as the Airship circles menacingly above the battlefield, a reticle appears in the battlefield (In the case of standard-control users) or the battlefield appears in the Gamepad (For Gamepad users; yes, i'm giving a control method to the Gamepad because you Wii U Pro noobs should put a little more faith in the new controller).

There are 4 projectiles you shoot in this order:

Bullet Bill - A single Bullet Bill that travels in a straight line. the Airship may shoot a homing Bullet Bill from time to time.

Bob-Omb - The Airship throws a flurry of 3 Bob-Ombs around the point where you aimed/touched.

Flamethrower - A torrent of flames comes off the Airship and it lasts around 2 seconds before switching to the next projectile.

Spiked Pole - One of those spiked poles from the Airships in SM3DL and the Castles in NSMBWii comes off the selected point and crushes down into the battlefield, dealing big damage with serious knockback.

As a side note, if the Stage has a Sky background when this Final Smash is used, the sky turns cloudy and lightning strikes in the background, giving it a sinister appearance similar to the Airships' background in SMB3.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Theres so much potiential with this character. I would very much like seeing him in the roster. But I wonder if they would consider using his paintbrush seeing how he hasnt even had it since Super Mario Sunshine which was relased 10 years ago. If it were up to me I say they use it in the moveset. Maybe not for every move but I think it would make his moveset more unique.
The most recent game he's used it in (I think) is the 2011-release date mario sports mix, where he used it in many of his special moves. The one I remember the best is where he filled the entire court with paint in dodge-ball, and batted the ball down on the helpless opponents.

For final smashes, I was thinking for shadow mario, he could call upon the phantamanta (fought on the first level of sirena beach in super mario sunshine) to uh... swim? around the stage for 20 seconds, and shadow mario could attack it and make it split in half etc. like in super mario sunshine, but the phantamanta still gets smaller when you attack it. The size of the phantamanta depends on the size of the stage you are on, so it would be much smaller on big blue than on new pork city, where it would have to be giant.

Bowser Jr's final smash, carrying on the sunshine theme, could in essence be what he does in the final fight. This could be depicted as a spoiler, so if you plan to get and finish the game, you might want to skip this. He could fire about 21 bullet bills out of his cannon (the blue homing ones) and they home in on each character. Each character starts with 7 bullet bills, homing in on them. The bullet bills are guarenteed KO's, for anyone above 40% If you get KO'd during the smash, then the bullet bills that were going for you, share themselves equallly between the other characters apart from bowser jr. The bullet bills last for 30 seconds, then they disappear. They can only be dodged at the start and end of a roll dodge, and can hit the characters mid-dodge, you can not jump over them or use an air dodge. If you are using a character with a counter attack (such as toad on Peach's), you may use it to destroy ONE bullet bill if it tries to attack you, but from there it renders the toad (etc.) useless. Tell me what you think of these final smashes.

Also a mecha bowser final smash. I'm not sure how this could work though, but it could the smash 2 if nintendo (hopefully not) decide to implement it.

He ain't Waluigi, son; Bowser Jr. only uses robots in the two Super Mario Galaxies, Super Mario Sunshine I think, and in some spin-offs.
He uses only a bullet bill gun in super mario sunshine (the mecha bowser is owned by bowser, though controlled by his son so I'm unsure who's it is.)

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
About this shadow mario business why not give mario an alt that looks like him and his fireballs could change to paint globs. that way they can focus on jr

Top Bottom