• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Koopa Clown Car Lands Into The Battlefield!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
The official support thread for the Koopa Clown Car!

The Koopa Clown Car is the vehicle Bowser, Bowser Jr. and the Kooplings constantly use throughout several games. It has a propeller under it that lets it hover and fly.

Koopa Clown Car.jpg

Possible Questions:
How is this different than a Bowser Jr./Koopling thread?
This thread is specifically for the Koopa Clown Car and not the driver. It could be anyone driving the car as long as the Koopa Clown Car itself is in.
Also, you could like the idea of the Koopa Clown Car without supporting Bowser Jr. or the Kooplings.

Is the Koopa Clown Car even considered a character?
You can't just go around asking if someone is even considered a character. You'll hurt its feelings.

Pros and Cons:
Pros:

-All that potential moveset
-Heavy weight?
-Several jumps or a hovering mechanic?
-So much personality
-The true villain in the Mario series
-Uniqueness

Cons:
-Its inclusion can potentially overshadow other newcomers.

Potential moveset:

The Koopa Clown Car packs a punch, and has several projectiles up its sleeves. Basically any thing from the Mario Universe could pop out of it. Bob-ombs, cannon balls, bullet bills, Koopa Toy/Machines, etc.

We can assume it will have good air game, good ranged game, at least decent weight, and good recovery. What about its downsides? Probably slow, easy to hit, weak on the ground, weak close ranged game.

Color Swaps:

More Color Swaps with Kooplings added:

Credit to @TeamLaFlare for these awesome Koopling color swaps!

Koopa Clown Car Kirby:

Credit to @Enyalb for this gem.

Credit to @ SmilingMad SmilingMad for this piece of art.

Notable appearances:

-Super Mario World
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
-Paper Mario
-Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
-Paper Mario: Sticker Star
-Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
-Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Mario Kart DS
-Mario Kart 7
-Mario Party Series
-Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
-Mario Golf: World Tour

Support Banner:

Credit to @ cj. cj. for this!

Support Icon:

List of supporters:
Oblivion129
DukeNapoleon
Ben Bridges
TORNADO BUS DRIVER
Sobreviviente
Elite Gaymer
LunarDistortion
Fire Tactician
cj.
IvanQuote

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Support. I do

Mostly though, as the drivers being the characters- the move set is derived from the Car, yet this is essentially the reason I find Bowser Junior to be a viable option. It allows him to utilize an entire concept that was otherwise ignored- this car.

This car, if incorporated into a moveset among the 8 Koopa Kids, allows many things:
-another Mario Villain, many in fact; who together mean something that Jr/the kids don't individually
-representation of old, new, and new from the old! The kids are old, and now new again. Bowser Jr fills in that gap.
-an entirely original move set, Mario could use a flying character
-Reprsentation from a piece of the series which is so far not really seen, this really seems to take care of the newer 3D games, yet we have seen it so many other places

Honestly, it just fits so well. It is one character that adds a missing piece of the puzzle in too many facets. Bowser Jr alone fixes nothing, especially with that awful paintbrush idea (aka, two clones in one). This is perfect. Above my want of Paper Mario, almost as high as Captain Toad.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
If you guys have anything to add to the first post, go ahead. Like movesets.

If you could pick the driver who would it be? The options would be Bowser Jr. or any of the Kooplings.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I really love this idea, something I never thought of as a character. The Ballyhoo costume is great too!

Add me to the supporters!

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I mean I'd rather support Paintbrush Jr., but hey as long as he gets in I'm happy. So yeah. Yay clown cars!

Still it's not a character......

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I love the pink! It's fabulous and cute! Hope Wendy has a pink one! :)
I'm glad you like it. The white-lips or purple-lips? I wonder, though, if they'd actually change the color of the Koopa Clown Car or count different Kooplings as color swaps.
I mean I'd rather support Paintbrush Jr., but hey as long as he gets in I'm happy. So yeah. Yay clown cars!

Still it's not a character......
It has so much personality, though.

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'm glad you like it. The white-lips or purple-lips? I wonder, though, if they'd actually change the color of the Koopa Clown Car or count different Kooplings as color swaps.

It has so much personality, though.

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Haha I do enjoy the mad face! It adds a nice evil touch! The happy one is fun too. But its just like "come own you know?"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looks like somebody wasn't aware of the leak's legitimacy. It's already in except Junior is the one riding it with the Koopalings as alts. :troll:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Haha I do enjoy the mad face! It adds a nice evil touch! The happy one is fun too. But its just like "come own you know?"
All those faces.

Looks like somebody wasn't aware of the leak's legitimacy. It's already in except Junior is the one riding it with the Koopalings as alts. :troll:
I actually was typing up this thread and suddenly the first image leaks showed up.
Now it seems confirmed, but if there are so many different driver alts riding the same car, doesn't that make the car the real character? :troll:

Thread is kind of pointless now don't you think? :p But yes, hell yes actually. Getting all of the Koopalings with the car makes it one of my favorite character in Smash. I've liked the Koopa Clown car's design as well; those big dumpy smiles. Really everything about the Koopa Clown car in Smash has been pretty awesome.

I remember being so bummed when Bowser didn't have the car as his Final Smash in Brawl. Now I couldn't be happier about it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I actually was typing up this thread and suddenly the first image leaks showed up.
Now it seems confirmed, but if there are so many different driver alts riding the same car, doesn't that make the car the real character? :troll:
Or Sakurai had deliberately done it in order to not piss off the Koopaling fanboys since there's the usual Bowser Jr. vs. Kooplaling flame wars that had been going on for years. I do like both characters, but Junior gets the most love from me since he has a better relationship with his papa. Still stoked for the Koopa Clown Car's first appearance in Smash as a fighter however.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Or Sakurai had deliberately done it in order to not piss off the Koopaling fanboys since there's the usual Bowser Jr. vs. Kooplaling flame wars that had been going on for years. I do like both characters, but Junior gets the most love from me since he has a better relationship with his papa. Still stoked for the Koopa Clown Car's first appearance in Smash as a fighter however.
Yeah, if I can only pick one, it'll be Bowser Jr. You can't really single-out any of the Kooplings. It's either all Kooplings or none of them.
Jr. though can be on his own no problem, and I don't think anyone would be mad about the Kooplings as alts.
Baby Bowser Alt?
Dr. Wily as an alt

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I do question what kirby will look like since Bowser Jr apparently has the koopalings as his alternate costumes

Would he take the qualities of the koopalins or the clown car itself, since it's the only commonality

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I do question what kirby will look like since Bowser Jr apparently has the koopalings as his alternate costumes

Would he take the qualities of the koopalins or the clown car itself, since it's the only commonality
Assuming the alts were last minute, I think it'll just be Bowser Jr. Kirby hat, but this is too good:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I love your work. But like, not really sure we need a spam/joke thread right now?

As Bowser Junior is all but confirmed, you'd get a lot of love/respect/flack if you prepared this further for that board that gets opened on release~

Holler back at me about this, but otherwise I'd want to lock this very soonish.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I love your work. But like, not really sure we need a spam/joke thread right now?

As Bowser Junior is all but confirmed, you'd get a lot of love/respect/flack if you prepared this further for that board that gets opened on release~

This was actually not a joke thread. The Koopa Clown Car is iconic and some people like the car over the driver, but I did try to add humor to this.
What do you mean by
if you prepared this further for that board that gets opened on release~
?
As in add this thread to the Bowser Jr. subforum? I have no problem with that. That would be great.

Speculator

Smash Ace
A leak happening to coincide with this thread shouldn't really affect its legitimacy. Since presumably there won't be a KCC subforum until it goes up on the official website (there still isn't one for Mr. Game & Watch), I think it's fair that it gets a support thread like any other character.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This is so nutty- I love it. Count me in
Is the Koopa Clown Car even considered a character?
You can't just go around asking if someone is even considered a character. You'll hurt its feelings.
This sold me.

Support Banner:

Credit to @ cj. cj. for this!
Why do I feel like this picture would terrify young children?

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Actually depending on the Neutral B, Kirby could have that as the face. If there are Koopaling Alts, I actually think this would make the most sense.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Okay, well as long as it keeps away from just being a silly pseudo Bowser Junior/etc thread I'm fine with it.
Thanks! It's just great to see people unite, support and contribute to the thread. Feel free to add this to the Junior subforum after release.
Actually depending on the Neutral B, Kirby could have that as the face. If there are Koopaling Alts, I actually think this would make the most sense.
I agree. With different drivers but one car (it even makes sense for the actual character to be called Koopa Clown Car).
I'll assume its Neutral B would be throwing a cannon-ball out of its mouth.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Judging on how (in the vid) it glows when it charges the cannonball shot, the cannonball may be its forward smash. I'm expecting one throw or air attack to be grinding the opponent on its propeller tho.

Top Bottom