• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The HYPERphoenix Super Tourney Deluxe ++ [MDVA Regional!!]

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I'm hyping this up in sova week after week. prolly can conjure up two cars for this. As long as there's post-tourney crew battle and I'm in it, I'm down.
Awesome, and there certainly will be. :colorful: You should get back to me with who's coming once the tournament is closer so I can work out housing. Were you thinking of coming the day before or the day of? The tournment signups end at 12 noon and I'm planning on being pretty strict with start times. The biggest downside is that you guys have to go to the venue at 10 with me, lol

I can bring 3 CRTs, but I'm only guaranteed for sure to bring 1 full setup. You could be of help
Should I put you down as bringing 3 TVs?

I plan to come to this. Anyone have housing? I'd like to come a day before.. smash up with people before the tournament.
I should be able to house you, but I think if we get any more OoS-ers we're going to need to find some alternative housing from other players in the area.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Wow this is starting to look really good.

Proud of you Max <3
<3<3

Anyone good need a teammate if teams goes down?
Teams probably will happen, but I need to make sure we have enough setups to run things properly with the tournament format I'm planning on using. If we get enough setups confirmed it'll be announced beforehand, if not it will have to be decided at the venue.

Normally I'd recommend anyone to go Falco over Pikachu, but nobody knows wtf do to against Pikachu. Use Pikachu

... Until you start to run into too hard of that character's limits

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
omgojkmgomgomg we need more hype

also more TVs

so i decided on the tournament format, we're gonna be doing two rounds of pools, top 3 advance, that feed into a 16 or 12 man double elim bracket. there's also going to be losers pools for those that didn't make it out of pools r1 - this is to create more matches for rankings and for less skilled players that don't usually get to play a lot of tournament sets get more for their money.

oh ya and if enough people confirm their attendance i will probably half the venue fee

AAWW YYEEAAHH!! I can advance out of pools for once. Even if it's losers pools. Still counts!

2 new to the tournament scene friends of mine from Reston say they'll try to make it (Clay and Andrew are their names)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Is that the same loser's pool thing you showed me last time I was there? Like you can actually advance out of loser's pools and come back and win the tourney, right? I'm excited to see how it works.

dkuo

Smash Lord
if you're tryna put down more names you can put down Klunkymonkey since he's confirmed on fb

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Is that the same loser's pool thing you showed me last time I was there? Like you can actually advance out of loser's pools and come back and win the tourney, right? I'm excited to see how it works.
Unfortunately that setup isn't going to work in the time we've been allotted, iirc it takes four rounds of pools to get to the final round robin. Next time I host a large tournament I'm going to try and make it happen.

if you're tryna put down more names you can put down Klunkymonkey since he's confirmed on fb
kkkkkkkk

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I got my other TV working again, 2 TVs and a Cube from me most likely

I'd rather sacrifice crazy tourney format to ensure we have teams

Or just like ... have teams actually start at 1 and DQ everybody (me included! haha) that's late

Also people with cubes lying around please don't be lazy and bring them ~_~ it's starting to look like we might have some TVs leftover at this rate

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
eff it just start teams at noon and dq everyone :D

if you want to turn this into an actual regional lets put up some housing/hotel info.

Also people with cubes lying around please don't be lazy and bring them ~_~ it's starting to look like we might have some TVs leftover at this rate
Helping supply a tournament with setups is like the best thing that can happen. So much time for friendlies

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
oh god we have nowhere near enough TVs, lol, please don't say that.

if you want to turn this into an actual regional lets put up some housing/hotel info.
tbh its not worth staying in a hotel for this tournament as it's a one day event...i'd much rather get the community involved in housing.

I can house some out of state most likely
This would be amazing, how many people do you think you could reasonably fit? I think there are going to be too many for my basement.

Concerning DQs and scheduling:
You will not be participating in the tournament if you are not registered and present by 12 noon. There will be no leniency. You have a two hour window for arrival and there is no excuse for arriving 10 minutes late. This tournament is a huge investment for me and I'm tired of tolerating the smash community's penchant for being chronically late.

If you are not here before noon, you will not be playing in the tournament.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I need a partner for this. Who wants to win doubles?
LOL Nice user title. If you don't find anyone better, I will team. You can at least be sure that I will take it very seriously.

If you are not here before noon, you will not be playing in the tournament.
Alright, cool. I'll get there before noon so no one else has any excuses. haha

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
max's do you need a folding table? Cause i can bring one of those if you need it.
that would be awesome. i know the venue is going to let us wheel a bunch of tables in from their storage, but i don't know the size or the amount, so i need to check that out.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
No **** you Chris >:|

I could reasonably fit quite a few, but I'd rather not take more than like ... 4-5 probably

Mahone

Smash Champion
will there be a livestream? i think it would make this much more hype

id love to commentate the whole tourney and i can bring a recording setup if you want more vids

Top Bottom