• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The HYPERphoenix Super Tourney Deluxe ++ [MDVA Regional!!]

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Results Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332588

A lot of you have known about the plan for this tournament for a while, and after a long wait, the venue has finally been confirmed.

MDVA hasn't really had any big, good regionals in a while. Everyone likes regionals, right? Let's make it happen.

The end-of-year scheduling is to maximize MDVA attendance from students, something many of our players are. With a Northern VA location, we'll hopefully be able to attract players from SoVA, Richmond, Baltimore, and beyond.

With the results from this tournament, we might even be able to make an Elo-based power ranking, local to MDVA. Hype? (; ̄ω ̄)

Vienna Community Center
120 Cherry St. SE
Vienna, VA 22180

Multi-Purpose Room (1,890 Sq. Feet)

There's plenty of on-site parking. We have a huge amount of chairs and tables available, which do need to be moved, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

10:00 AM - Setup and registration begins
12:00 PM - Registration Closes
1:00 PM - Tournament Begins
4:00 PM - Food Break
5:00 PM - Tournament Resumes
8:00 PM - Closing

Venue Fee - $10
Entry Fee - $10

Singles is certain, doubles is tentative, depending on setups.

The tournament will have two rounds of 6-person pools, with top 3 from the first round going into a second round of 'winners pools' which will feed into the bracket. The losers from the first round will go into a 'losers pool' to compete for tournament placement and ranking.

The single greatest thing you can do to help out this tournament is to bring setups. The more setups, the better this tournament will be.

The tournament ruleset can be found here.

I know that people from SoVA, Bones, and out-of-state players might have to drive a long time to make it to this - I'm offering free housing at my place to those making a long trip. Perhaps some others could provide a place to stay if enough travelers come by, easing the load on my basement.

You need to talk to me beforehand about housing. If you end up staying at my place, I expect you to bring a sleeping bag or something - I have a limited amount of couches, covers, and pillows.

An afterfest should be happening at my house, but I do have limited space. As long as it's discussed before we leave the venue things should be fine.

Anyone bringing usable equipment will be eligible for a refund of their venue fee. This refund isn't guaranteed, but it is likely. We need to be able to cover the venue cost before paying people back. Refunds will also be prioritized by what you bring - someone bringing 8 TVs will get his venue fee back before the guy who brought a GC power cable.

Again, I need to stress how absolutely critical it is for people to bring TVs and GCs. We have a huge amount of tables and chairs at our disposal, it would be a terrible shame if this tournament can't live up to its expectations.

That's all for now. I hope all you MDVA residents are interested in coming!

Ruleset and some venue stuff will be posted in the second post soon™.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Venue Conduct and Rules:

no bears no booze no drugs no ruckus and vcc staff > you

(updating soon™)

Attendance & Equipment List:

Player Tag | Region | Confirmed Equipment
SypherPhoenix|NoVA|2×GC, 3×TV, 8×Extension Cord, 4×Power Strip
MinQ|NoVA|
DuckPimp|NoVA|1×GC, 2×TV
Kaffei4Lunch|NoVA|
EPsilon933|NoVA|2×GC, 3×TV
LittleBoyLarry|NoVA|1xTV
hot$|NoVA|2×GC, 1×TV
Redd|NoVA|
chillindude829|NoVA|
g-regulate|NoVA|
Declan|NoVA|
"Clay"|NoVA|
"Andrew"|NoVA|
MALVMMALVM|NoVA|
Dylanthesquig|NoVA|
bubbaking|NoVA|1×GC
Alch0ol|NoVA|1×GC, 1×TV
Smash G 0 D|NoVA
lloD|NoVA|
Perry|VA|
JU4N|VA|
Mahone|VA/DE|
DarkFlameX|VA|1×GC, 1×TV
Ragtaged|VA|
almightypancake|SoVA|1×GC, 1×TV
Ether|SoVA|
The Doug|SoVA
Malco|SoVA
S-Man|SoVA
Sunshine|SoVA
Cyrain|SoVA
Milkman|SoVA
Fortune|MD/VA|
BigWenz|MD|3×GC, 3×TV
Wenbobular|MD|
Parenthesis|MD|
Vist|MD|1×GC
Omni|MD|
Plank|MD|
Skyheart|MD|
JippyTheLion|MD|1×GC, 1×TV, 5×Power Strip
dkuo|MD|1×GC, 1×TV, 2×Power Strip
Klunkymonkey|MD|
Bones0|Too Far, MD|
Bstuck|MD/VT|1×GC
DoH|DC|
Shinku|ggville
Chinesahh|GA|
Tope|CT|1×GC, 1×TV
Emma Watson's Boyfriend|NC|1×TV, 1×Extension Cord, 2×Power Strip
Slasher_King|NC|
Anand|MA|

Totals:
48 Confirmed Attendees
19 Confirmed GCs/Melee
21 Confirmed TVs
9 Confirmed Extension Cords (not priority)
13 Confirmed Power Strips (not priority)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sypher spoils MDVA so badly. The region would die instantly if he stopped hosting. lol

Tourney name:
Sypher No Syphing (SNS)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Any way you can host both brawl and melee sypher? Va has a large brawl population and I'm sure some of them would enter melee too if you had both events. I'd bring Md people and I know the regulars would attend.

I could Co-TO the event and just be in charge of the brawl stuff if you allow me to do this. I could definitely get people from OoS if this is in fact a regional and I can get a large amount of people.

I also have 3 usable Tv's, one Wii, one cube, and like 5 powerstrips. Comes with me if you allow brawl! I'll let one of my Tv's be for melee.

:018:

I know it's ultimately up to Sypher, but I'm just going to say I would support this idea. More players will help pay for the venue (I'm not peer pressuring you, am I?)

Melee doesn't need an extra TV. Brawl does. No really, no offense also. Brawl needs 2x setups per amount of players than what Melee needs. If Boss brings the Wii I lent him I could give you players an extra setup

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sigh ... Brawl setups taking space for Melee friendlies vs having more people for venue fee ...

I am conflicted

Bones0

Smash Legend
I hope you're ready to lose this time. Have you seen my Falco recently? Shore is clean.

OMG, I just noticed that hyperlink after my name. -.-

There's always something that can be done with more money
Yeah, if the ones with money know how to use it. But really, improving the person is so much better than improving what money can bring /randomlifelessonivelearned

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah, if the ones with money know how to use it. But really, improving the person is so much better than improving what money can bring /randomlifelessonivelearned
Does this have anything to do with the tournament or were you just being philosophical

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Tope is coming??

HELLA PEOPLE ARE COMING LORD BABY JESUS

At least 1 full setup from me, possibly another TV

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
This might be worth a trip down from CT. I won't be able to tell until I get closer to the date though, but we'll see :)

Top Bottom