• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hope of Sophitia Alexandra in SSB is dead. Thanks for the suppport!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Hello! As some of you know, I am an avid fan of having someone from the Soul Calibur series in Smash, in particular Sophitia. When Pac-Man got in I had no other but to give up but with congrats to Pac-Man supporters as a Namco character got in.

But after yesterday, hope has revived and the first thing I did was vote for the passive blonde goddess as my Candidate if I could only pick one character (at least from my IP lol), it has to be her. Other choices were Bayonetta, Snake, Ashley, Isaac, Saki, John Raimi, Alexandra Rovias and what not, but next to Mega Man, I've always wanted for Sophitia to be in Smash.

Here is my ballot:

I was sort of breif with my description as I had no idea the time limit was for October. And now some writing and arguments on who is she and why she deserves to get in.

Who is Sophitia Alexandra?
Sophitia Alexandra is a character who originates from the “Soul” series of fighting games, where weapon wielding characters from different parts of the world around the late 16th and early 17th century fight each other to gain, destroy or some other goal involving the mystical twin swords Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

The first game in the series made by Namco in 1996 is titled “Soul Edge” (Soul Blade in some regions like Europe), starting from the second one, the series received the “Soul Calibur” title and onward they kept on giving it a number depending on the sequel. So the latest entry, Soul Calibur V would rather be the sixth game in the series. This is why the series of games is known as the “Soul” series. Alongside, there have appeared spinoff games like Soul Calibur Broken Destiny on the Sony PSP and the latest incursion the Soul series had in Nintendo was the adventure game SoulCalibur Legends, but of course many realize the most significant manifestation of the “Soul” series was the Soul Calibur II version for the Nintendo Game Cube in 2002, but of which will be written later.

Back on Sophitia, she has been present ever since the first game Soul Edge. She begins as a normal young Greek girl, living a normal life part of a family of bakers. Yet despite living in late 16th century Ottoman occupied Greece, she is very proud of her cultural heritage and still is devoted to the ancient Greek gods.

Seemingly, the Greek god of forge Hephaestus took notice of this and manifested himself in front of Sophitia, entrusting her the overwhelming task of destroying the evil sword Soul Edge. Such assignment was something far too overwhelming for a simple baker’s daughter; someone who was not formed to be a warrior. Still the Greek god entrusted Sophitia with holy weapons of his own forge, to help the girl with her mission.

Canon to the story, she is part of the final battle in the first game; as she alongside the kunoichi Taki battle the evil pirate Cervantes to destroy Soul Edge once and for all… or so it seemed.

After that, Sophitia has been present in most of the Soul series, eventually her younger sister Cassandra joins her in the quest to destroy Soul Edge. But in Soul Calibut IV, her children get captured by the enemy and for their safety; she is forced to fight in the name of the forces of evil against her will… also canon to the storyline, she and Cassandra died due to that conflict, and both Greek sisters are absent in Soul Calibur V, but now Sophitia’s children are the ones involved in the conflict between both numinous swords. Still, some way or the other; Sophitia and her kin are something always present in the Soul universe to the point it seems they need the one and the other to move forward.

Sophitia was not born a warrior nor made to be once since early in life, she did receive divine help but with time and experience she grew to be one of the most powerful warriors in her era.

Why Sophitia?

(Part A: Some background).
The Soul series was created by Namco originally to be an Arcade game, eventually it made its way to Nintendo competing consoles like Sony’s Playstation and Sega’s Dreamcast. Eventually it made its way onto Nintendo’s Game Cube under its third installment, Soul Calibur II. What made this game special in the hearts of many was not only that it had great graphics and wonderful play, but it also included a guest character which was a big deal back then for videogames and in general and became a staple in the Soul series.

Soul Calibur II had three different versions; each one had a different guest character. Xbox’s version had comic book character Spawn; PS2’s version had Heihachi from Tekken, another fighting series by Namco while Nintendo’s version had their iconic swordsman in green tunic clad, Link from The Legend Of Zelda game series.

Seeing Link fight against the SC characters was ambitious, there were other instances in the past where other videogame characters met each other but Link in Soul Calibur was sublime. Plus many felt he was the only one of the 3 guests which fit right in.

With Link having been a guest in SC II, some believe the favor had to be returned and place a Soul character on Nintendo’s own fight franchise Super Smash Brothers, which just had its sequel Melee released the previous year as a launch title. Back then, the idea of having a character outside Nintendo in Smash. Was a foreign concept to most people world wide. Though a bit before Melee got released, Sakurai had an open poll to suggest characters. The poll itself was mainly aimed at Japanese audiences but few people outside Japan were able to post. And some suggestions came for Non-Nintendo characters like Sonic or even James Bond. Still back then only Nintendo characters would have been considered.

Those who wanted a SC character in Smash, never crossed their minds the idea of having other characters outside Nintendo, much less opening the doors for them. They just wanted to see the favor returned of Link in Soul Calibur II.

Even if a Soul character joined Smash, who would it be? Considering how early on Smash was of a more silly/cartoony nature, many considered it would be a silly character with perhaps a low profile like Yoshimitsu or a less weird looking Voldo. But Yoshimitsu was also a Tekken character, so if he had been in he would represent 2 franchises, but back then Tekken was seen as a Sony franchise. When Soul Edge appeared, it was seen like Mitsurugi was the overall main character of the game being the archetype of a Japanese swordsman a samurai and this was a Japanese game after all despite the mostly European themes in it. Later they had the pole wielding Kilik and his friend Xianghua as the main characters but there really has not been a clear main character in the Soul series. Some point at Nightmare being the logo of the series but he is mostly the antagonist of the series, usually his role being taken by someone from Seigfried to Sophitia’s daughter Phyrra. So who from Soul Calibur could be in Smash?

Still, the main Soul series never returned to Nintendo, and eventually a third Smash Bros game would be in the works. For E3 2006 we got a big surprise, not only we got to see for the first time footage for Super Smash Bros Brawl… but also the unexpected inclusion of Snake in the Smash Bros series! This was the first time a character outside Nintendo got in, and opened the door for strong fan favorite characters like Sonic and Mega Man to get in! Plus the character design for the Smash series was changed, as not only Snake had a realistic-like look to contrast the rest of the cartoony and fantasy characters, but also Samus had gotten out of her suit and now we could admire her serious looking model which gave a similar contrast. Making this a better way for characters from different style of games be present at Smash! However Brawl closed with only Sonic and Snake as third party characters.

We are now at the fourth Smash Bros. game, which its development is being he. While it all seemed closed with Pac-Man as the Namco representative (now Bandai-Namco), on April 1st. 2015; Nintendo opens the Smash Bros. Fighters Ballot, to nominate any game character of our like, and with 2 Capcom characters now inside Smash, why not a second Bandai-Namco character?

(Part B: Insight).
As said, there has never been a clear main character among the Soul cast. First Mitsurigi was the poster boy, then Kilik was placed as the main character while Xianghua was the main wielder of Soul Calibur itself, Seigfried redeemed himself after being Nightmare, who was been the series logo actually and also overall present in the series, to now Sophitia’s children which have been rather not received well after Soul Calibur V has been seen as a failure at least for its story and characters since many love the Character Creation mode.

Sophitia has been around since the first game and was part of its final battle, yet was not considered the main character. However, her influence on the series itself is quite enormous. The whole feeling of the series has this ancient European spirit on which Sophitia seems to be the focus as she allegedly gets contacted by an ancient Greek god to destroy an ancient evil sword of unknown origins, and along her quest; she meets many interesting characters which get marked by her forever. Taki finds a friend and ally on Sophitia, Rock values Sophitia as a great, brave woman. And Sophitia aids Seigfried to get rid of his evil influence under the Nightmare entity.

In Soul Calibur IV, she had to give up everything for the sake of her children, who pretty much become the stars of the game; and there is the belief Elyusium the boss of the SC V game was meant to be Sophitia’s spirit, it is of course Soul Calibur’s manifestation but still it is somehow influenced by her.

Something we feel is that Sophitia while not the main character of the Soul series, no pun intended; she is indeed the soul of the game series. Most elements in-game tend to spin around her character, she provides many elements to the storyline from family members to being a good influence on many characters in the series.

As we mention of the series being Euro-centric. Sophitia is the manifestation of what the Japanese believe is the idealization of a blonde western woman, a blend of beauty, innocence, politeness and elegance. You can check plenty of elegance throughout the series, quite viewable in the titular sword Soul Calibur, which took Sophitia’s appearance as its own.

Yet despite that elegance, Sophitia is such a humble and pure woman due to her simple origins. She was not at warrior at first, eventually she became one without losing her womanhood, oddly this rather helped her become a loving mother capable of placing her life on the line for her children… many want a though looking female character to join Smash, but Sophitia can show one doesn’t have to be a “macho woman” to be a true strong female character. Despite all the hardships she went through to become stronger, she remained the same innocent and pure girl she has always been.

Hence why she needs to be in Smash Bros as the Soul Edge/Calibur representative.

But she is another swordswoman, we have lots of sword users in Smash. Why have her in? And there are Soul Calibur reps which could bring something new.
I understand the frustration of the lack weapon wielding characters who use something else besides a sword. Palutena is so far the only weapon character with no sword and Lucina the first swordswoman to be in Smash. There are probably better Soul Calibur reps to get into Smash and bring something new like Kilik, Talim, Berserker or Viola. But Sophitia has an ever presence somehow in the series to the point she could be the unofficial main character of Soul Calibur.

About something new, well she carries a shield like Link… but in the SC games some characters use shields to attack, maybe she can bring that in or somehow be a “defensive” sword user. That means to be a reluctant attacker as it fits with Sophitias characters since she doesn’t want to gravely harm her opponents.

But her character is dead in the series; she can no longer be eligible. Her children are now the main characters.
Maybe this is not the right example, but some characters from PSASBR died in their main series like good Cole and were still eligible. In the Fire Emblem series, Marth has long been dead in the times of Robin and Lucina yet he is there. And there have been many Link incarnations throughout time, of course Sophitia can still be eligible.

Plus despite her absence in Soul Calibur V; like it has been said here her presence was still felt in-game. Her children are central part of the storyline, Soul Calibur took Sophitia’s image to be trusted by her son, and some characters do some reference to Sophitia in the story mode even non-playable background ones. It really is not hard not to relate the Soul games with Sophitia.

There are rumors that the series will be re-altered to help dissipate the mess created by SC V. And that Harada’s favorite Soul Calibur character is Sophitia and is looking for ways to push her since the next possible game will make her the center of attention and for it, she is being a guest on crossover games like the latest Orochi Warriors game and the upcoming Project X Zone sequel.

So if she is going to be a stable central part of the storyline in a possible upcoming SC game, and is being placed in other games to display her as the main character, then why not Smash Bros? She would probably love to see Link again. :awesome:

So what can we do to help Sophitia in?
Vote for her in the Fighters Ballot. But it could help as well to contact all official Facebook and Twitter accounts of Bandai Namco, Soul Calibur games and that of Harada and anyone in the Soul Calibur games staff; to make noise and make ourselves be noted. It can help to create art on it and if we could create something to trend around. #Sophitia4Smash sounds cool but we may need something original to distinguish ourselves from the rest.

Supporters list.
  • SSBCandidates
  • Gerif_8
  • dezeray112
  • Eskiner
  • Drason
  • AwesomeAussie27
I know there may not be any chance, but I would really like to try and I know there are some Sophitia supporters around here. So it would be good if they vote for her if they haven't. Anyway, even if you did not vote for her nor plan to; it would be nice to drop by and say you support our cause. Bye for now and don't give up the good fight!

You can find the English ballot here:
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Everyone who supports Sophitia is free to use the following images/banners to show her support anywhere including this forum.

Campaign banner #1 done by artist Master Lurker.

Campaign banner #2a.

Campaign banner #2b.

Some done videos:

Please let this be a reality!:

Image courtesy of artist Quas-quas.
Source: http://quas-quas.deviantart.com/art/Sophitia-and-Pacman-447501084

Image courtesy of Rockmanbalboa. Source: http://rockmanbalboa.deviantart.com/art/Sophitia-and-Pacman-look-to-the-sky-548498472

Image courtesy of Elemental-Aura. Source: http://elemental-aura.deviantart.com/art/Sophitia-SSB4-Request-560431477

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
(Reserved for future use like updates, move lists, supporters and such, if not, please moderators remove this).

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Hello! As some of you know, I am an avid fan of having someone from the Soul Calibur series in Smash, in particular Sophitia. When Pac-Man got in I had no other but to give up but with congrats to Pac-Man supporters as a Namco character got in.

But after yesterday, hope has revived and the first thing I did was vote for the passive blonde goddess as my Candidate if I could only pick one character (at least from my IP lol), it has to be her. Other choices were Bayonetta, Snake, Ashley, Isaac, Saki, John Raimi, Alexandra Rovias and what not, but next to Mega Man, I've always wanted for Sophitia to be in Smash.

Here is my ballot:

I was sort of breif with my description as I had no idea the time limit was for October.

I know there may not be any chance, but I would really like to try and I know there are some Sophitia supporters around here. So it would be good if they vote for her if they haven't. Anyway, even if you did not vote for her nor plan to; it would be nice to drop by and say you support our cause. Bye for now and don't give up the good fight!
Idk how well she'd fit in Smash 4/Smash 5, but I would try her out. Maybe someone like Siegfried or Nightmare would fit in better.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Idk how well she'd fit in Smash 4/Smash 5, but I would try her out. Maybe someone like Siegfried or Nightmare would fit in better.
You could try to make a thread on them as see who else is supporting that, I do see they are a majority over Sophitia but thanks for dropping in anyway.

Gerif_8

Smash Rookie
OMG! I'm so happy that i'm not the only one that NEEDS Sophitia to be in Smash. I actually put like 7 reasons in the ballot and reached the max cap XD. More people need to see this and think about it. The hope will never die!!!! SOPHITIA FOR SMASH!!!!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
OMG! I'm so happy that i'm not the only one that NEEDS Sophitia to be in Smash. I actually put like 7 reasons in the ballot and reached the max cap XD. More people need to see this and think about it. The hope will never die!!!! SOPHITIA FOR SMASH!!!!
Hope you can return to get all the support we need, I do feel we are like a niche group here.

Anyway, I finally had time free from work, and updated the first post by adding some stuff like info and arguments. If anyone would like to proof read it, they are welcome as I do feel I wrote about some elemtents more than once lol. So yeah I could change them to make them better readable plus add more into it. Been using that original art campaign banner for some time and did upload it not so long ago but did not wanted to make a thread bump just for it.

Wish Gerif_8 would return and bring his vandal.com forums friends so we can have this thread more alive.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As someone who liked her character or preferred her style in comparison to Cassandra, it would be a miracle for her to be playable. If Nightmare weren't the Soul Calibur rep chosen, it would be her since she is a pretty central female to the plot. Not only she's one of the few people to destroy Soul Edge, but her children did star in one of the more recent games (even if it was a pretty lackluster title).

I will think about making something for her sometime this weekend since I am in a Soul Calibur mood. Guess my girlfriend is to blame for convincing me to support her over any other SC character in the end. But hey, she loves to wreck me with her on the many Soul Calibur titles she own. :laugh:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
As someone who liked her character or preferred her style in comparison to Cassandra, it would be a miracle for her to be playable. If Nightmare weren't the Soul Calibur rep chosen, it would be her since she is a pretty central female to the plot. Not only she's one of the few people to destroy Soul Edge, but her children did star in one of the more recent games (even if it was a pretty lackluster title).

I will think about making something for her sometime this weekend since I am in a Soul Calibur mood. Guess my girlfriend is to blame for convincing me to support her over any other SC character in the end. But hey, she loves to wreck me with her on the many Soul Calibur titles she own. :laugh:
Wish I could have that feeling of a gf wrecking me on SC lol. Thanks for your post.

Oddly, Cassandra was my other choice and even wanted them as a team (made a video on that but decided not to place it as like I said it shows them as a team). But if I had to pick between them for Smash, Sophitia would be the right choice. Oddly, Cassandra is more warrior-like and would fit in Smash quite right.

Many people point at Nightmare to be the Soul rep, reasonable as he was the series icon for a long time. But for me something against him is that he has been various characters and entities that it gives it an "unstable status." Not sure how to say it, but with Sophitia you get Sophitia and that is it.
I remember on the Talim thread you saying that a favorable thing on Talim is that she is not sexualized; Sophitia... well we all know how her attires changed throught the series; but as we have been saying, herself and her own family seem to spin around the mythical swords themselves. She really is quite relevant to the story ever since she and Taki were the first ones to destroy Soul Edge, but ever since; it seems Sophitia's life got darker while Taki just rather seemed to had taken her own storyline about being chased by her clan (wonder how she got Natsu...?). So of the two main heroines from the first game, Sophita remained redundant.

Yeah, SCV was a nightmare no pun intended. It should had been kept as a "make your character game" as it was the only good thing it came from it, instead of being of being part of the canon; really Phyrra will never compare to her mother and aunt.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wish I could have that feeling of a gf wrecking me on SC lol. Thanks for your post.

Oddly, Cassandra was my other choice and even wanted them as a team (made a video on that but decided not to place it as like I said it shows them as a team). But if I had to pick between them for Smash, Sophitia would be the right choice. Oddly, Cassandra is more warrior-like and would fit in Smash quite right.

Many people point at Nightmare to be the Soul rep, reasonable as he was the series icon for a long time. But for me something against him is that he has been various characters and entities that it gives it an "unstable status." Not sure how to say it, but with Sophitia you get Sophitia and that is it.
I remember on the Talim thread you saying that a favorable thing on Talim is that she is not sexualized; Sophitia... well we all know how her attires changed throught the series; but as we have been saying, herself and her own family seem to spin around the mythical swords themselves. She really is quite relevant to the story ever since she and Taki were the first ones to destroy Soul Edge, but ever since; it seems Sophitia's life got darker while Taki just rather seemed to had taken her own storyline about being chased by her clan (wonder how she got Natsu...?). So of the two main heroines from the first game, Sophita remained redundant.

Yeah, SCV was a nightmare no pun intended. It should had been kept as a "make your character game" as it was the only good thing it came from it, instead of being of being part of the canon; really Phyrra will never compare to her mother and aunt.
Soul Calibur V itself was pretty much a hot mess given that most of the resources were given to the Character Creator mode and DLC keychains (R.I.P. Klonoa). If Phyrra was too apologetic and sweet, then there's the arrogant and ****ish Patroklos and there's a reason why he is considered by the fandom the worst Soul Calibur character in history. I actually would have liked them more if some of these aspects were a bit tweaked, especially the latter.

Back on Sophitia, I do think that her older outfits would be much more Smash appropriate given the game's E+10 approach. With her Soul Calibur V/Lost Souls appearance, her cleavage is say..... something that couldn't fly past Sakurai's radar. Even if her toga is practically what the Greeks wore in the old days, it's definitely on a whole new level than say Palutena.

Replaying Soul Calibur Legends back in the day even reminded me of how much moveset potential she would have had in Smash with her sword and shield playstyle and usage of graceful maneuvers. It even baffles me when people would think of her as a Link clone when she lacks the extra weapons he has (meaning no bows or bombs). When you mentioned Cassandra being more warrior-like, the first thing that game to mind was her "interesting" Critical Finish. Even the fans joked about it being Peach's potential Final Smash given that most of her attacks involve .... you know. :laugh:.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Soul Calibur V itself was pretty much a hot mess given that most of the resources were given to the Character Creator mode and DLC keychains (R.I.P. Klonoa). If Phyrra was too apologetic and sweet, then there's the arrogant and ****ish Patroklos and there's a reason why he is considered by the fandom the worst Soul Calibur character in history. I actually would have liked them more if some of these aspects were a bit tweaked, especially the latter.

Back on Sophitia, I do think that her older outfits would be much more Smash appropriate given the game's E+10 approach. With her Soul Calibur V/Lost Souls appearance, her cleavage is say..... something that couldn't fly past Sakurai's radar. Even if her toga is practically what the Greeks wore in the old days, it's definitely on a whole new level than say Palutena.

Replaying Soul Calibur Legends back in the day even reminded me of how much moveset potential she would have had in Smash with her sword and shield playstyle and usage of graceful maneuvers. It even baffles me when people would think of her as a Link clone when she lacks the extra weapons he has (meaning no bows or bombs). When you mentioned Cassandra being more warrior-like, the first thing that game to mind was her "interesting" Critical Finish. Even the fans joked about it being Peach's potential Final Smash given that most of her attacks involve .... you know. :laugh:.
I don´t hate Phyrra nor blame her for the life she had, Pat has no redeeming qualities; but Phyrra will never trully compare to both her mother and aunt as a fighter nor in charisma.

Well it is not ancient Greece, and Sophitia doesn't look exactly like your resident Greek, not even from back then... but like I say she rather is the idealized vision the Japanese have of western women. And I do agree she would need a make over in order to be in Smash. Something more like what she wore from Soul Edge to SCII, that is some armour but still wearing dresses to keep her characterisical beauty.

Plus there is some weird theory I have, but maybe that is for other time as it could tell on Sophitia's faithfulness of her Greek heritage plus links SC and Tekken.

And yeah, I can imagine Sophitia attacking with her shield in Smash. To date I find weird how Link also gets the defense bubble while he actually uses a shield lol.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Soul Calibur V itself was pretty much a hot mess given that most of the resources were given to the Character Creator mode and DLC keychains (R.I.P. Klonoa). If Phyrra was too apologetic and sweet, then there's the arrogant and ****ish Patroklos and there's a reason why he is considered by the fandom the worst Soul Calibur character in history.
Btw I freaking love Soul Calibur V the gameplay was one of the finest in the series even if they removed all of my mains (Yun-Seong, Talim, and Setsuka:glare:) But, I LOVE Patrokolos, Alpha only, I just like his Alpha char. but I feel they went from arrogant prick to hero WAY Too early with little char. development, but I don't like Pyrrha mainly for her dialogue, though I do hope they return for Soul Calibur VI, and Pats not considered the worst Edge Master is:awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Btw I freaking love Soul Calibur V the gameplay was one of the finest in the series even if they removed all of my mains (Yun-Seong, Talim, and Setsuka:glare:) But, I LOVE Patrokolos, Alpha only, I just like his Alpha char. but I feel they went from arrogant prick to hero WAY Too early with little char. development, but I don't like Pyrrha mainly for her dialogue, though I do hope they return for Soul Calibur VI, and Pats not considered the worst Edge Master is:awesome:
True, the gameplay was still as good as ever (if not a huge improvement from IV). It's just how "lacking" the story mode was due to little CGI cutscenes and using the story book format for some of them.

You're right, there's still more room for improvement with both characters if they stay in that direction and fans might forgive them if they somehow saved them from "The Scrappy Heap". Kind of like how Duck Hunt went from the most hated Nintendo character in history to the best retro Smash newcomers in a while.

Edge Master, he was quite the mediocre character. And I'd say Pat makes him look bad in comparison now that I remember him. :awesome:

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
True, the gameplay was still as good as ever (if not a huge improvement from IV). It's just how "lacking" the story mode was due to little CGI cutscenes and using the story book format for some of them.

You're right, there's still more room for improvement with both characters if they stay in that direction and fans might forgive them if they somehow saved them from "The Scrappy Heap". Kind of like how Duck Hunt went from the most hated Nintendo character in history to the best retro Smash newcomers in a while.

Edge Master, he was quite the mediocre character. And I'd say Pat makes him look bad in comparison now that I remember him. :awesome:
I feel they shouldn't remove Pats and Pyrrha and all the other char. from Soul Calibur V unless they were PURE clones with no distinguishable trait, such as Lexia,if the V char. come back I hope its A. Pats, Pyrrha with the nightmare arm, ZWEI, Xiba, Viola ifshe's not Amy:psycho:, and Dampiere

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I see you put a lot of work into this and I will support her in the ballot due to me having a s***ton of computers:awesome:.
LOOPHOLES FTW!!!
To date I wonder how does this work? I am trying to go to other places like Starbucks with my various devices and PC rental places to place various ballots but how does it work? I don't know how to use proxies nor reset IPs.

About the other, I don't know; I really would not like to see Pat and Phyrra ever again, unless maybe they go the Fire Emblem route with Soul Calibur about older children from the future. Still would look weird. Anyway; wasn't there a Soul Calibur in Smash general thread around to speak more about such subjects? Forgot if I did that or someone else.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
To date I wonder how does this work? I am trying to go to other places like Starbucks with my various devices and PC rental places to place various ballots but how does it work? I don't know how to use proxies nor reset IPs.

About the other, I don't know; I really would not like to see Pat and Phyrra ever again, unless maybe they go the Fire Emblem route with Soul Calibur about older children from the future. Still would look weird. Anyway; wasn't there a Soul Calibur in Smash general thread around to speak more about such subjects? Forgot if I did that or someone else.
The last vote counts per IP address, and if there are multiple computers you can count multiple votes, also if Pats, and Phyrra never came back then you would lose one of the unique clones in Soul Calibur, in the next game all you need to do is give them char. and char. development

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
The last vote counts per IP address, and if there are multiple computers you can count multiple votes, also if Pats, and Phyrra never came back then you would lose one of the unique clones in Soul Calibur, in the next game all you need to do is give them char. and char. development
So it is kind of like the Gamefaqs system. Does it get reset it every day?

Gerif_8

Smash Rookie
Did you try voting in another region's ballot? I did it and I didn't have any problem. The European Ballot doesn't use The IP address. Instead, you need to use your name or username. I think using different names you can vote anytime you want. So yeah, time to spam some Sophitia votes hehe.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Did you try voting in another region's ballot? I did it and I didn't have any problem. The European Ballot doesn't use The IP address. Instead, you need to use your name or username. I think using different names you can vote anytime you want. So yeah, time to spam some Sophitia votes hehe.
It is something I keep asking myself. If voting on the same device but on different regional ballots count as different ones?

Ay!, Why isn't ma name on the supporters list, I'd said I would vote
Oh sorry, let me add you.

Last edited:

Gerif_8

Smash Rookie
If only one of us was a famous Youtuber... We could get a lot of Sophitia votes only by doing one video... I thought another way to get a lot of votes. Remember Artsy Omni? The guy that made the Rayman fake leak? That leak was around all the internet, everyone was aware of it. Since that leak a lot of people started to vote for Rayman in the ballot and the hype for Rayman in Smash went on. Now Artsy Omni only does character artwork and it's not too hype anymore. But what if we make another fake leak different enough to the one made by him, with Sophitia instead of Rayman, that surfed all the internet? We could generate a lot of hype for Sophitia this way. People wondering if we could get two Capcom reps, why not two Bandai Namco's? They are making the entire game, they really deserve more that Capcom. Too bad I'm busy with exams right now :(

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
If only one of us was a famous Youtuber... We could get a lot of Sophitia votes only by doing one video... I thought another way to get a lot of votes. Remember Artsy Omni? The guy that made the Rayman fake leak? That leak was around all the internet, everyone was aware of it. Since that leak a lot of people started to vote for Rayman in the ballot and the hype for Rayman in Smash went on. Now Artsy Omni only does character artwork and it's not too hype anymore. But what if we make another fake leak different enough to the one made by him, with Sophitia instead of Rayman, that surfed all the internet? We could generate a lot of hype for Sophitia this way. People wondering if we could get two Capcom reps, why not two Bandai Namco's? They are making the entire game, they really deserve more that Capcom. Too bad I'm busy with exams right now :(
Remember Wiidude83? He was the reason Talim got to number 1 in the character poll, and He was the reason Patroklos was Dirt Tier

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember Wiidude83? He was the reason Talim got to number 1 in the character poll, and He was the reason Patroklos was Dirt Tier
So you're saying that contacting him would make him start rallying for a Soul Calibur character in Smash?

Good idea.

Last edited:

Gerif_8

Smash Rookie
Yeah I realised the existence of the poll thanks to that video. The Talim obliteration was just unfair, she is a very good and loveable character, but not the most loved character by far. After that video, Talim votes skyrocketed. Sophitia started 4th and ended up 11th for no reason. Maybe because people thought Sophitia was high enough and wanted Cassandra, Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega higher. Mitsurugi being 3rd is just ridiculous. "Oh, I remember playing SoulCalibur as a kid in my cousin's house. I don't remember any of the characters. Who should I vote? Hey, this one is in the poll's artwork! I think I remember him."-cause he's generic!-"He is a cool looking guy with a katana. Katanas are cool. It's called... Mit... Mits... Mitsu... Mitsuru... Whatever, i'll just vote him." Same with Ivy, but this one is more understandable. Patroklos being that low was expected, he is the most hated character in the franchise. Anyway, that video is what gave me the idea of doing a Sophitia video if we were famous Youtubers.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Yeah I realised the existence of the poll thanks to that video. The Talim obliteration was just unfair, she is a very good and loveable character, but not the most loved character by far. After that video, Talim votes skyrocketed. Sophitia started 4th and ended up 11th for no reason. Maybe because people thought Sophitia was high enough and wanted Cassandra, Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega higher. Mitsurugi being 3rd is just ridiculous. "Oh, I remember playing SoulCalibur as a kid in my cousin's house. I don't remember any of the characters. Who should I vote? Hey, this one is in the poll's artwork! I think I remember him."-cause he's generic!-"He is a cool looking guy with a katana. Katanas are cool. It's called... Mit... Mits... Mitsu... Mitsuru... Whatever, i'll just vote him." Same with Ivy, but this one is more understandable. Patroklos being that low was expected, he is the most hated character in the franchise. Anyway, that video is what gave me the idea of doing a Sophitia video if we were famous Youtubers.
Actually believe it or not Patroklos was not the most hated the random characters were, and on the Soul Calibur facebook page there are people saying they want to have him back in SoulCalibur VI

Gerif_8

Smash Rookie
Actually believe it or not Patroklos was not the most hated the random characters were, and on the Soul Calibur facebook page there are people saying they want to have him back in SoulCalibur VI
Well, I said he is the most hated character. Edge Master and the other mimic characters aren't hated at all, it is only that people doesn't care about them, and that's the reason they got the least votes. I personally don't like Patroklos in Story Mode (that's the main reason why a lot of people hate him), but I liked him in Versus Mode, because of his funny lines and playstyle. I liked more Alpha patroklos in Story Mode but not too much in anything else, because like Setsuka, the AI was OP (two more reasons to hate Patroklos, having an OP AI and replacing Setsuka). That's why I understand all the hate towards him.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I am quite paranoid, so I don't like to appear on videos. I did a support video for both Cassandra and Sophitia but guess it is not the same. So you guys believe Wiidude83 can help? Also I never knew of such poll.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Hello. Sorry for double posting, but I was awaiting for someone to post after my last one in order to not make it look SPAM-like. Sad that Gerif-8 never came back as I really wanted to talk more to him but anyway. Sadly my summer vacations are over and oddly during them I spend more time with my family and not quite much here on the boards. I did felt the passing of Mr. Iwata and wished to do something about it but by the time I had the time, it would not had been in taste anymore.

Wow, Fall is coming soon and there is only like a month and a half for the ballot to end, time sure flies by sadly. Anyway, during this time I was able to convince artist Quas-quas to allow me to post his image and asked another artist to make a commission on a new support banner for use to anyone who supports Sophitia. It is smaller than the first one and comes in 2 presentations.

Tried my best to vote for Sophitia in whatever chance I had as well other characters I wish and gave support for the sake of friends and known ones. I dunno, lol part of me wishes that the ballot's time gets extended due to Iwata's death as I really wished those who support Sophitia were a stronger force. Now, I will not rest until she is in and I guess now the only way I will rest in defeat is when anyone else from Soul Calibur gets in. So far, even if DigDug or Ragnar get in, there is still hope for Sophitia.

Wow, I sure wish Gerif-8 was here lol.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
S
Hello. Sorry for double posting, but I was awaiting for someone to post after my last one in order to not make it look SPAM-like. Sad that Gerif-8 never came back as I really wanted to talk more to him but anyway. Sadly my summer vacations are over and oddly during them I spend more time with my family and not quite much here on the boards. I did felt the passing of Mr. Iwata and wished to do something about it but by the time I had the time, it would not had been in taste anymore.

Wow, Fall is coming soon and there is only like a month and a half for the ballot to end, time sure flies by sadly. Anyway, during this time I was able to convince artist Quas-quas to allow me to post his image and asked another artist to make a commission on a new support banner for use to anyone who supports Sophitia. It is smaller than the first one and comes in 2 presentations.

Tried my best to vote for Sophitia in whatever chance I had as well other characters I wish and gave support for the sake of friends and known ones. I dunno, lol part of me wishes that the ballot's time gets extended due to Iwata's death as I really wished those who support Sophitia were a stronger force. Now, I will not rest until she is in and I guess now the only way I will rest in defeat is when anyone else from Soul Calibur gets in. So far, even if DigDug or Ragnar get in, there is still hope for Sophitia.

Wow, I sure wish Gerif-8 was here lol.
Same 4 me voting for Silver, btw what was your last post suppose to mean?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
What? About Gerif-8? Well since he is a big Sophitia supporter I expected him to be around more often but I see he is rarely here.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, still not sure what Drason meant, but decided to post videos. One showing how I vote for Sophitia; and the one I did 4 years ago for both Sophitia and Cassandra. Also that anyone who supports Sophitia is free to use the images sans for the Quas-Quas one, you may have to ask for his permission.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
I'm so glad there is a definite support thread for Sophitia in smash, didn't think there would be considering she wasn't in the top five of that recent popularity poll a while back. (And because of Talim's hold over the fan base) Used to play SCV competitively, (actually I still do) but came to smash due to a lack of players. SSBCanidates, thank you for calling this to my attention. Have you thought about a moveset for her yet? I honestly don't have time to read the entirety of this thread.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Besides the fact that her clothes are a little too revealing for Smash, we have enough third party characters already. Smash 4 added three new ones, so I think we don't need anymore on that front. Soul Caliber characters would work well in Smash, but I think third party characters have been a bit exhausted. Mii Fighter costumes maybe.

Esknier

Smash Cadet

There's a lot less hope for Patrokolos than there is for Pyrrha, simply because Patrokolos has such a....poor reputation by this point. Pyrrha on the other hand, has a lot of room for reworking and changes that could make her very interesting. One idea that I had was that she could become an apprentice to Ivy as repayment for saving Patrokolos's life, and learn a new combat style with some magic elements.

Top Bottom