• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Can I write Takamaru's obituary? I mean, if you don't plan on asking someone else to do it.
EDIT: Nevermind, R.O.B. should do it.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
What (dis)confirmations worthy of a gold grave are left to go?

Snake (or any veteran really), Bandanna Dee, King K Rool, Dixie, Krystal, giant purple space dragon, Isaac, Shulk and any rythm heaven character I'd say.
All of those, yes. But I'd also add:

Captain Toad
Bowser Jr.
Geno (a long shot, but incredibly popular nonetheless)
Impa

And yes, Takamaru is deserving of a gold gravestone.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All of those, yes. But I'd also add:

Captain Toad
Bowser Jr.
Geno (a long shot, but incredibly popular nonetheless)
Impa

And yes, Takamaru is deserving of a gold gravestone.
I'd disagree on Geno. The rest? Yeah, probably.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
also Ghirahim
Personally I don't think Ghirahim is as likely as everyone says, but yes, Ghirahim should get a Gold grave when he's inevitably confirmed to not even be an Assist Trophy, only because so many people think he's extremely likely.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I made my own list of direct disconfirmations. It doesn't include characters who are heavily implied to be not playable, or obviously are, but only characters who are directly stated or shown to be not playable.

This is every direct character disconfirmation, in chronological order.

- Skull Kid, stated to be an Assist Trophy
- Nintendog, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Yellow Devil, confirmed Stage Boss.
- Saria, confirmed Trophy
- Ashley. "FYI, she's an Assist Trophy"
- Alfonzo, "Leave it to me!"
- Palkia, confirmed Poke Ball summon
- Mother Brain, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Waluigi, "just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle"
- Dedenne, sort of confirmed Poke Ball summon (it wasn't stated, but the comment did allude to Waluigi's PoTD)
- Phospora, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Isabelle, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Various, Smash Bros Direct, confirmed stage element
- Various, Smash Bros Direct montage showing Assist Trophies
- Various, Smash Bros Direct montage showing Poke Ball summons
- Orne, confirmed enemy
- Dillon, confirmed Assist Trophy
- Wonder Red, confirmed Trophy
- Bullet Bill, confirmed item
- Brittany, confirmed Trophy
- Kamek, confirmed stage hazard
- Brewster, confirmed stage element
- Meloetta, confirmed Poke Ball summon
- Egg Robo, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Various, seen during E3 build of game, confirmed Assist Trophy, Poke Ball summon
- Nabbit, confirmed Stage element
- Poppant, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Iridescent Glint Beetle, confirmed Smash Run enemy
- Rayman, confirmed Trophy
- Chrom, Final Smash for Robin
- Takamaru, "FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy. Again."

Did I miss anything? Or mess up the order?
I didn't name the specific characters from the Smash Direct, or E3.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Are we judging character by how popular they were at the height of popularity or by how popular they are at the point of deconfirmation?

I'll concede Geno. Like I said, as many supporters as he has had since Brawl, he's a long shot. But I'll hold my ground on Impa. She may have lost traction now, but there was a lot of Impa support before Sheik was confirmed, and she is the most consistently present Legend of Zelda character to not have a spot in Smash. Plus, even though it's not canon to the LoZ timeline, Hyrule Warriors is definitely winning Impa some fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

RIP Takamaru
Although my support for you was dwindling, I still wanted you in Smash. May you get in the next game!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I regret only knowing of good old Takamaru for three months to support him, and it's so sad there is no playable for him. Hopefully him, Dillon, Shadow, Lyn, and Wonder Red get their chances someday. (Yes, I know that Shadow is debatable)

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Another one bites the dust. I guess the golden trifecta of new-series swordsmen (Shulk, Takamaru, Isaac) has lost one of its ranks. But how do the others fare? I honestly thought their odds were a bit better than Takamaru's so this might actually bode well for them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Series: The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Debut: The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Famicom) (1986)
Disconfirmation: July 27, 2014 (Picture of the Day)
Role: Assist Trophy

“I live my life by the sword!"

Takamaru is the heroic samurai that went on a journey to defeat the four Daimyo in Edo Era Japan after they were possessed by the demonic Murasame and his mysterious force. He had fought many dangerous foes ranging from ninjas to yokai as he had scaled every castle with a katana in hand and many weapons to his disposal. He had rescued many maidens, slaughtered any ninja in his path, and fought for his homeland even if it had costed his own life during such a hellish mission. Unlike most traditional samurai that we all know, he is a unique case for the many weapons he had used during his journey. Windmill blades, throwing knives, an invisibility cloak, a series of magical shogi pieces, the notorious Inazuma Thunder bomb, and scrolls that granted him the ability to fight with fire. Like many heroes during the 80's like Mario and Link, he had displayed a special kind of bravery and had conquered all obstacles in his way.

Takamaru had gained himself a following in the past due to how much of a hidden gem his game was despite its formerly Japan-only status. But over time, that following had grown over the years due to many unexpected love letters to the series from Nintendo himself. He was a guest character in one of Japan's biggest hack-and-slash games, became an ally to the character Nick in Captain Rainbow, had a few references in Brawl (song and sticker respectively), and got represented in one of the Wii U's most underrated launch titles (Nintendo Land). But sadly it all wasn't enough for Sakurai to consider him a worthy addition, for which is is now an Assist Trophy that attacks people with his iconic Windmill Blades. Like a fellow swordsman would say, maybe he'll get his chance another day and it might be similar to what Little Mac had to go through to leave his Assist Trophy status. Farewell, young samurai and we shall meet again another time and in another place. For now, you'll just have to rest in peace until things get better for a rising star like you.

"Perhaps we may meet again in battle, some other time and place."

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll be adding these new ones in later today! Just need to fill out some paperwork first.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I guess Chandelure must be preparing the rave as we speak. It should look very ancient to suit his age, despite Daitoryo being even older.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Ghirahim and Vaati too, i really hope Ghirahim don't end up deconfirmed but yeah, is a possibility also... if Ridley don't make it, we would need a giant gravestone
If Ridley is confirmed we need a gravestone for the 'Too Big' jokes.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Sorry Takamaru supporters.

I need to do 2 questions.

1. What do you prefer?
The same image of the OP, but larger? or a second image? something like graveyard 2.0, section1 and section 2?

2. What do you want in Takamaru's gravestone?
I was thinking in well...his sword, and also one of the boomerang things that he throws in his AT form.
Oh, and yeah, he will obviously have a golden gravestone.

@ Opossum Opossum ? @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ? People? XD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe a wider one as opposed to longer?

And I say his sword, and his hair bun, fitting of a samurai's death.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry Takamaru supporters.

I need to do 2 questions.

1. What do you prefer?
The same image of the OP, but larger? or a second image? something like graveyard 2.0, section1 and section 2?

I was thinking in well...his sword, and also one of the boomerang things that he throws in his AT form.

1. Larger image.

2. His ponytail and katana.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

How about his sword (it's Samurai tradition to stick a fallen warrior's sword into the top of their grave) and some shogi peices (which are powerups in his game)?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Updated Image:

cementerio deconfirmed!.jpg

I made a wider image and I also added some empty gravestones, I will edit them when Sakurai kills another character.

It looks a little weird XD if someone is an expert with Photoshop, Gimp, etc... feel free to fix the imperfections XD

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Updated Image:

View attachment 19729

I made a wider image and I also added some empty gravestones, I will edit them when Sakurai kills another character.

It looks a little weird XD if someone is an expert with Photoshop, Gimp, etc... feel free to fix the imperfections XD
Wow five swords in the ground so far, 3 katanas even...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Updated Image:

View attachment 19729

I don't mean to insult you when I say this, but it needs some work. In fact, we might want to just keep going down instead. It looks messy right now.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't mean to insult you when I say this, but it needs some work. In fact, we might want to just keep going down instead. It looks messy right now.
WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

Don't worry haha, I know it looks weird with that giant green thing, that's the reason of my comment below the image XD

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
What (dis)confirmations worthy of a gold grave are left to go?

Snake (or any veteran really), Bandanna Dee, King K Rool, Dixie, Krystal, giant purple space dragon, Isaac, Shulk and any rythm heaven character I'd say.
I shall riot if Ridley's grave isn't purple.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Takamaru's grave looks weird. It looks as if the cause of death was scalping.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Updated Image:

View attachment 19729

If Squirtle or Ivysaur are shown off as something other than playable, could they take Samurai Goroh and/or Lyn's grave(s) and those two having their graves moved?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Think you can redo it with it going down like we had it before?
I don't know, it will be...TOO BIG! XD

@ Opossum Opossum what do you think?

If Squirtle or Ivysaur are shown off as something other than playable, could they take Samurai Goroh and/or Lyn's grave(s) and those two having their graves moved?
I would probably just add Squirtle's shell and Ivysaur's flower to Pokemon Trainer's gravestone :c , because it's a little hard to do, at least for me, I'm not an expert XD

@ Opossum Opossum Personal request can you add the green Chaos Emerald to Shadow's Grave.
Well, I'm the guy who makes the Graveyard images.
I will add the Green Chaos Emerald, but tomorrow XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom