• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I think of those, Kamek may be the only one with enough support to warrant a gravestone, honestly...
What about Tingle? he had a lot of support, as much as i hate him, i think he deserve to be in the graveyard...

I would add Roy to that list (he died when Lucina was shown) and Lip (she died as soon as her wand was shown in the game)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What about Tingle? he had a lot of support, as much as i hate him, i think he deserve to be in the graveyard...

Also i would add Roy to that list (he died when Lucina was shown)
I completely forgot about Tingle. I agree, he should be there.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What's the meaning of this? Why are some graves yellow?
I also added golden graves to the extremely popular and "likely" characters.

The characters who can have a golden grave (if they are disconfirmed obviously) are:

-Veterans
-Gematsu leak characters (Shulk, Chorus Men)
-Important, popular and "likely" characters like: Ridley, King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim, Takamaru, Isaac, etc.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Well, now that I'm seeing the image, Skull Kid has a tombstone only because he was popular XD
So...in my opinion, every character mentioned above deserves one, even Nabbit who is important and playable in the last Mario games. (Mario U, Luigi U, Mario Golf) and Shadow, who is for some reason, VERY popular.

View attachment 18401

I also added golden graves to the extremely popular and "likely" characters.

The characters who can have a golden grave (if they are disconfirmed obviously) are:

-Veterans
-Gematsu leak characters (Shulk, Chorus Men)
-Important, popular and "likely" characters like: Ridley, King K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim, Takamaru, Isaac, etc.

What do you think, @ Opossum Opossum ?
*stares at the Chrom grave*

I don't...I have no words. I thought I detached myself enough from Chrom, but seeing him like this... I think I need a moment alone.

*sobs hysterically in a corner*

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I don't think that it should be done now, but should Meowth, Zoroark and Magnus get golden. The latter two were considered shooing at some point and Meowth was possibly the most popular Pokemon newcomer after Mewtwo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Magnus was never really considered a shoo-in. Pre-Uprising, it was a debate between Palutena and Medusa. After Uprising, only Palutena support was notable.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Magnus was never really considered a shoo-in. Pre-Uprising, it was a debate between Palutena and Medusa. After Uprising, only Palutena support was notable.
I remember a lot of people had Magnus on their roster right before Uprising, but I agree that he should not be on the same level as Chrom or Pokemon trainer.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Yeah Magnus was always a longshot, I didn't think he'd even get a gravestone considering Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Viridi and even Dark Pit have more support than him, seemingly.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Hey Opossum, are you going to update the obituary timeline yet? It better keep up to date with everything we got.

I've updated the Obituary Pending list with dates I've collected from posts that first mention someone disconfirmed in this thread and several from around the internet.

Obituary Pending
ASSIST TROPHIES
April 8 2014 - Dr. Wright
April 8 2014 - Lyn
June 10 2014 - Shadow 4:36
June 11 2014 - Magnus (kid icarus)​
POKE BALL POKEMON
April 8 2014 - Chespin
April 8 2014 - Darkrai
April 8 2014 - Deoxys
April 8 2014 - Gogoat
April 8 2014 - Kyurem
April 8 2014 - Mew
April 8 2014 - Snorlax
April 8 2014 - Staryu
April 8 2014 - Zoroark
June 11 2014 - Genesect​
ITEMS AND TROPHIES
April 8 2014 - Bullet Bill
May 14 2014 - Brittany
July 14 2014 - Rayman
Cheep-Cheep​
SMASH RUN ENEMIES
April 8 2014 - Lakitu
April 8 2014 - Mimicutie
April 8 2014 - Magikoopa
April 8 2014 - Reaper
May 1 2014 - Orne
June 11 2014 - Koffing
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Paratroopa
Tiki Buzz​
MOVES
December 26 2014 - Phantom Zelda (confirmed as Zelda's move on June 10)
July 14 2014 - Chrom​
OTHERS
February 13 2014 - Doc Louis​
STAGE HAZARDS/STAGE ELEMENTS
June 2 2014 - Kamek
June 26 2014 - Nabbit​

More enemies that never had a chance . . . <- put this on bottom of others in Smash Run spoiler section.

I wasn't able to find 'Kalimba Tiki' in SmashWiki's Smash Run enemy list so I removed it for now. Maybe someone meant 'Tiki Buzz'?

EDIT: removed Petilil as her obituary is already made by @ Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 in last page.

EDIT2: Fixed some mistakes... this list is not finished, of course.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey Opossum, are you going to update the obituary timeline yet? It better keep up to date with everything we got.
I assure you it's getting done. I've just had...quite a bit on my mind lately, is all. I hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience if it waits a couple of more days.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I feel I've come to a mass funeral. :laugh: :sick:

Well, there is still post-game. Maybe we'll see some of them in after-life.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Isn't Daitoryo basically just Napoleon?

Strangely, that word translates to "President" though.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I feel I've come to a mass funeral. :laugh: :sick:

Well, there is still post-game. Maybe we'll see some of them in after-life.
Well, we'll definitely see some of these "dead" characters quite frequently, actually. For example, Chrom will always be there whenever someone uses Robin.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think it's a bit premature for Rayman to be in the graveyard, but whatever.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's a bit premature for Rayman to be in the graveyard, but whatever.
As far as we know, he was disconfirmed. Nothing about a trophy reveal would say otherwise, really.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm still crossing my fingers for Pokemon Trainer somehow.

We've got so many gender swapping characters already, P.T. could be another one.

Not only that... but why go back from the unique idea of using a trainer? The idea itself was knee deep in the game already. If Sakurai only went all out, he'd have a very unique character from the pokemon universe that isn't a pokemon itself.

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15

We've got so many gender swapping characters already, P.T. could be another one.

Not only that... but why go back from the unique idea of using a trainer? The idea itself was knee deep in the game already. If Sakurai only went all out, he'd have a very unique character from the pokemon universe that isn't a pokemon itself.
I am pretty sure the Trainer was cut because they didn't want transforming characters. However, having the trainer using things like the escape rope, bicycle, repel and fishing rod. That would be awesome.
:160:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I am pretty sure the Trainer was cut because they didn't want transforming characters. However, having the trainer using things like the escape rope, bicycle, repel and fishing rod. That would be awesome.
:160:
Don't really mind the transformations as long as he himself comes back.
He could work somehow similar to Robin except it's Pokemon attacks instead of tomes.

But not gonna lose my sleep over this. It's probably not happening.
Just visitting and leaving him some flowers. :192::182::045:

D

Deleted member

I may not be his biggest fan, but whoever writes Chrom's obituary for the OP had better do a good job of it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I may not be his biggest fan, but whoever writes Chrom's obituary for the OP had better do a good job of it.
I plan on it. :p

I've just been busy and haven't gotten the chance to do it yet. :laugh:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I wanted to give you a hand with some of the character in these list, i may not be able to tell you all when they were deconfirmed but i can tell you where (i can't tell you when cause i'm too lazy to check when where these videos shown, you may know)

Obituary Pending
Lakitu
Koffing
Genesect Greninja reveal trailer
Magnus Smash Bros. Invitational (Tournament)
Doc Louis
Kamek (Magic Koopas were seen the first time at the Direct but not Kamek -shown as part of a stage later don't know date-)
Orne
Zoroark Greninja reveal trailer
Shadow Smash Bros. Invitational (Tournament)
Deoxys Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Darkrai Greninja reveal trailer
Chespin Greninja reveal trailer
Reaper Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Kyurem Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Brittany
Kalimba Tiki
Dr. Wright Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Koopa Troopa (The Hammer Bros were shown at the Direct, but not the Koopa Troopa)
Snorlax Greninja reveal trailer
Bullet Bill
Mimicutie Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Staryu Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Gogoat Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Mew
Lyn Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Phantom Zelda Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014 (I think there was a picture first, but noone was sure what he was until the direct)
Petilil
Cheep-Cheep

Note: The Greninja reveal trailer was shown at the Smash Bros Direct (4.8.2014) but for some reason i separated them

I hope these help :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I wanted to give you a hand with some of the character in these list, i may not be able to tell you all when they were deconfirmed but i can tell you where (i can't tell you when cause i'm too lazy to check when where these videos shown, you may know)

Obituary Pending
Lakitu
Koffing
Genesect Greninja reveal trailer
Magnus Smash Bros. Invitational (Tournament)
Doc Louis
Kamek (Magic Koopas were seen the first time at the Direct but not Kamek -shown as part of a stage later don't know date-)
Orne
Zoroark Greninja reveal trailer
Shadow Smash Bros. Invitational (Tournament)
Deoxys Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Darkrai Greninja reveal trailer
Chespin Greninja reveal trailer
Reaper Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Kyurem Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Brittany
Kalimba Tiki
Dr. Wright Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Koopa Troopa (The Hammer Bros were shown at the Direct, but not the Koopa Troopa)
Snorlax Greninja reveal trailer
Bullet Bill
Mimicutie Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Staryu Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Gogoat Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Mew
Lyn Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014
Phantom Zelda Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014 (I think there was a picture first, but noone was sure what he was until the direct)
Petilil
Cheep-Cheep

Note: The Greninja reveal trailer was shown at the Smash Bros Direct (4.8.2014)

I hope these help :dr^_^:
So much death.......

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

While the Pokemon Trainer was one of the most unique characters and a neat idea on paper, it was a very impractical character from both a development and gameplay standpoint. To create the PT gimmick, you had to create three complete unique characters just for him, then create and rig a model for him, then do all the work needed to make the gimmick function properly, and then do a bunch of miscellaneous things to ensure he'll function properly all on stages and modes. He was essentially a single character that demanded the development and space of 3+ characters, a character that also did not work well at all in actual gameplay, and was a character that, while people generally liked the idea of, almost no one actually liked playing. Not to mention he came from the most represented franchise, and is probably the franchise with the strongest viable competition. So imagine you're Sakurai, when it came time to make a cut, who would you cut before everyone else? That development/space hog from the most represented franchise that almost no one liked playing and whose void could be easily filled.

So yeah, the Pokemon Trainer as he existed in Brawl was definitely a justified cut. As for if the PT could make it back as a fighter himself, it's possible, though I think very unlikely. The idea of having the PT doing the fighting instead of a Pokemon is a bit silly with poor moveset potential, and the idea of him summoning various Pokemon in his attacks, while neat, would also probably be too developmentally and technically demanding to be worth it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally, if Squirtle and Ivysaur make it back as PCs I'd want them to have Red and Leaf in the background (respectivly) as a bonus but that's another debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom