• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I think it's time that the title be changed, I'm thinking along the lines of:

"The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (We're Sick with Anger!)"

... but that's just me.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Actually, he IS one of the most popular requests, even if he's not within the Top 5 he's still ranked consistently high, even though I personally always thought people were overrating Ghirahim's chances.
Well, when you take out all the confirmed characters... sure, he's Top 5. :p

So I guess were not getting a Zelda Newcomer after all what a shame. We done got 3 de-confirmed Minda, Skull Kid and now Ghirahim all de-confirmed
Impa says hi. :awesome:

Last edited:

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Goodbye Ghirahim... your sacrifice will not be in vain.

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I got so mad this morning to find out Ghirahim was deconfirmed...then I cried a little knowing that we will still probably have Falcondorf and not a Zelda character who had so much potential. Give this character a gold tombstone please!! :crying:

Last edited:

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Well, perhaps Ganondorf will not be so bad. I sympathize with you though. Ghirahim would have been a great character since he was a baddie that was not dirt slow. He could have teleported all over the place and had the creepiest taunts in all of smash.

Sigh, but alas, at least he is indeed an assist trophy along with poor Skull Kid.

Pokesamus217

Smash Cadet
I got so mad this morning to find out Ghirahim was deconfirmed...then I cried a little knowing that we will still probably have Falcondorf and not a Zelda character who had so much potential. Give this character a gold tombstone please!! :crying:
At this point considering that NO ONE thinks Ganondorf should be a clone and his bottom tier placement in brawl I would be surprised if he didn't get a change of move set but yeah if he is still a clone give Ghirahim gold if not silver.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just as a warning, I may be a bit behind in this. I just moved into my college dorm today. Needless to say, it'll be updated when I have more free time.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I would have rather had no hope than false hope. I'm calling dibs on Isaac's obituary.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
How about we make Pokemon Trainer, Toad, Chrom, and Takamaru's graves "Platinum", and give golden graves more liberally; or start giving out silver and bronze graves as well.
I'm more or less OK with this, except for I think platinum graves should be reserved for any vets in Brawl that were in Melee such as Ice Climbers or Falco (to keep the higher-ranked graves for characters that already were playable), and then if, Arceus/Rosalina/Hylia/Captain Falcon forbid, Ness or Jigglypuff get deconfirmed, being 64 vets, possibly something else on an even higher magnitude for their potential graves (Stardust? Cosmic Energy like Mario Galaxy?).

Basically, my hierarchy would look like this:
Stone Grave: The not-so-highly requested characters (Starfy, Balloon Fighter)
Gold Grave: Brawl Newcomers (Pokemon Trainer, Snake), Melee-only characters (Mewtwo, Dr. Mario) and highly requested and practical shoo-ins (Chrom, Takamaru)
Platinum Grave: 2-game vets AKA Melee vets that were in Brawl (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco)
Stardust Grave: Probably unnecessary, but just in case; Our last two 64 vets, Jigglypuff and Ness

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if Ghirahim's decornfirmation warrants a golden grave or not. I personally place him on the same tier as Midna. I don't think the timing of their deconfirmation should be a factor. If Ghirahim was deconfirmed months ago, and Midna was just deconfirmed, would Ghirahim still be a candidate for a golden tombstone? I'm not sure he would.

Personally, I think Impa has always been the most likely Zelda newcomer. Other than the three Triforce weilders, Impa is the only character with multiple incarnations, which is why she appears in the most games.

One could argue that Toon Zelda and pig Ganon are also bigger players, but I'm pulling for a Zelda newcomer that isn't just another flavor of the Link/Zelda/Ganondorf trinity (I'd still like to see pig Ganon, just not before Impa).

Last edited:

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, on the subject of graves I think the phrase "We are all equal in death" sums up my stance on it. As soon as you start showing favouritism for one or two characters, everyone wants their favourite to be in that list of 'special, likely characters'. An argument can be made for folks that have been in the previous games but that's about it for me.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Honestly, on the subject of graves I think the phrase "We are all equal in death" sums up my stance on it. As soon as you start showing favouritism for one or two characters, everyone wants their favourite to be in that list of 'special, likely characters'. An argument can be made for folks that have been in the previous games but that's about it for me.
And Ridley. Because he'd need a whole graveyard of his own.
sorry

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So with recent...things...happening, I'm thinking of reworking the graveyard a bit. More info in the coming days.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sucks baaaaaaaaallllllss that he's deconfirmed. But at least he's in the game at some capacity, being based on a real person is no longer an excuse to stop a character from appearing in Smash in some form!
I might do the grave info later, I got busy things to do.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Changed the title to reflect recent events.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Changed the title to reflect recent events.
What do you mean by "recent events"? I mean, I know we're going to get a lot of deconfirmations soon, but what changed? Are you referring to the leak deconfirming some characters like Krystal, Barbara, etc.?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What do you mean by "recent events"? I mean, I know we're going to get a lot of deconfirmations soon, but what changed? Are you referring to the leak deconfirming some characters like Krystal, Barbara, etc.?
I was referring to the Kawashima pun in the title. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
On the website. There's a new page showing of Assist Trophies, Kawashima is an AT. (AND STILL NO ISAAC. SAKURAI, IF ISAAC IS STILL AN AT JUST ANNOUNCE HIM!!!)
He's not a new Assist Trophy. Sakurai isn't going to announce him on the website... maybe on a Pic of the Day or a Smash Direct.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He's not a new Assist Trophy. Sakurai isn't going to announce him on the website... maybe on a Pic of the Day or a Smash Direct.
Waluigi was among the first AT's announced, and Isaac was far more requested than Waluigi.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just putting this out there. If the Ice Climbers don't make it back, I'M doing their obituary. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well the leak is real I claim Snake and Lucas's Write-ups.
I'm just putting this out there. If the Ice Climbers don't make it back, I'M doing their obituary. :p
The leak being real doesn't mean the characters are gone. Now, they're MOST LIKELY gone, but I don't think we should start adding characters to the grave until its officially confirmed. Wouldn't you agree, Opossum?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The leak being real doesn't mean the characters are gone. Now, they're MOST LIKELY gone, but I don't think we should start adding characters to the grave until its officially confirmed. Wouldn't you agree, Opossum?
I do. Hence my post's careful wording. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom