• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Graveyard is here to discuss disconfirmed characters in Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS. APC99 was the previous owner.

(Image by @Chandelure)

THE GRAVEYARD

In this first area of the graveyard, we will cover those who became Assist Trophies or Poke Ball Pokemon.

ASSIST TROPHIES
[Collapse=Assist Trophies]
[collapse="Skull Kid"]

Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 1999)
Disconfirmed 12/6/2013

Assist Trophies were finally confirmed, and who was the first to be showed off? The main antagonist of Majora's Mask, Skull Kid. Wearing the titular mask, it seems as if Skull Kid's AT function is to drop the moon from said game onto the stage, causing chaos as usual. However, unlike Balloon Fighter and Toad, who still have incredibly small chances of getting into the game, this completely disconfirms Skull Kid. Many fans, however, are finally glad that Skull Kid, a character from 1999 who hasn't appeared since, and missed chances with Melee and Brawl, is finally appearing in some form for Smash Bros., and several appearances in Nintendo media may mean that, finally, a Majora's Mask remake may be on the way.
[/collapse][Collapse=Shadow the Hedgehog]​

Series: Sonic The Hedgehog
Debut: Sonic Adventure 2 (2001)
Role: Assist Trophy

"Even if my memories are not real, it's still me... Shadow. And I have to keep my promise to Maria. That's the only thing that matters to me now... "
Shadow the Hedgehog was created by Dr. Gerald Robonik his main purpose was to cure/rid diseases. Maria Robotnik was Shadow's best friend however one day on the Space Colony ARK a group of G.U.N operative's hunted down Maria and shot her causing Shadow to be very confused and aggravated with the world. Shadow then had a flashback of a 'Promise" he made to Maria and decided to assist Sonic in the "Final Battle". Shadow is the Anti-Hero of the Series he's been known to help sonic often and go against him at times.
Shadow the Hedgehog is an extremely popular character many fans wanted to see him playable due to third parties only getting 1 rep per series. In Brawl Shadow was an Assist Trophy using his iconic "CHOAS CONTROL" causing time to slowdown he reprised his role as an Assist Trophy in SSBU/3DS on
June 10 E3 2014 Demo
"He was who he was. A brave and heroic hedgehog who gave his life to save the planet. Shadow the Hedgehog... Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog."[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Magnus]

Magnus (Kid Icarus: Uprising, 2012)
Disconfirmed 6/11/14

Magnus, noted as the strongest human on Earth, fell at the hands of Sakurai, as his hopes of playability were killed due to being an Assist Trophy. While having notable enough support to get a gravestone, Magnus' popularity paled in comparison to Palutena, putting his probability of playability at a paltry position. Alliteration aside, it is with remorse that we bury Magnus. May he continue on to be the strongest angel now.[/Collapse]
[collapse="Nintendog"]

Nintendog (Nintendogs, 2005)
Disconfirmed 12/13/2013

Why is Nintendog at the top? My thread, my character choice, my rules. This only disconfirms the French Bulldog Nintendog, and the 3DS stage disconfirms the Beagle Nintendog. The others are still completely available, whether you like it or not. Like Toad, there is more than 1 of it's kind. Nintendog Labrador Retreiver ALL THE WAY! However, the likelihood of another Nintendog on the roster is rather unlikely, so the idea of a Nintendog character has been put into the Graveyard.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Starfy"]

Starfy (Denetsu no Stafy, 2002)
Disconfirmed 12/25/2013

We all woke up on Christmas day, and instead of finding a star on the tree, we saw the star on the stage. Starfy was featured alongside Pikachu and a Luma, and since there is no character page for the lovable little star, it seems as if he will continue his role as a "joke" Assist Trophy, joining Skull Kid and Nintendog. May he continue to light the way.
[/collapse][collapse="Ashley (WarioWare, Inc.)"]

Ashley (WarioWare: Touched!, 2004)
Disconfirmed 1/15/2014

The week after Dedede's reveal, Ashley was shown off as a new Assist Trophy for Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U/3DS using her Game & Wario design. It's unknown at the moment what she'll do, but she has finally stepped into the real world and earned an official 3D model.
[/collapse][Collapse=Lyn[B]][/B]

Series: Fire Emblem
Debut: Fire Emblem (7) (GBA) (2003)
Disconfirmation: April 8th 2014 (Smash Direct Epidemic)
Role: Returning Assist Trophy
“The nomads of the plains do not abandon their fellow tribes-people. Eliwood and Hector are my dear friends...Their sorrow is my sorrow. Their anger is my anger."

Lyn is one of the three protagonists of the first localized Fire Emblem game, the 7th installment to be exact. Lyn was the first lord players got to control in the game, making her the first international lord in Fire Emblem. In Fire Emblem 7, she lead the prologue/tutorial of the game, until the spotlight was moved onto Eliwood/Hector (depending on what mode), where she then had the lead supporting role. Lyn's archetype in game was entirely new for lords, while most prior lords followed in the footsteps of Marth's style, Lyn's style closely represented the myrmidon class of Fire Emblem. Her iconic katana, the Mani Katti, made her even more popular character.

Lyn is mostly supported due to the fact, she represents the Fire Emblem series going international. She also was considered really unique compared to most of the other lords of the series, who closely resembled Marth. In Brawl, she was an assist trophy, when she appears, she follows her iconic critical hit where she disappears and strikes the opponent in an instant.She is on the more powerful side when it comes to assist trophies, with very likely KOing your opponent. During the April 8th, Smash Direct, she was announced, along with many others to return as an Assist Trophy. May she slice through the clouds, up there, in the shape of Ridley and Game and Watch.
"In my friends’ names, I will cut you down!"[/Collapse][collapse="Dillon"]

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western, 2013)
Disconfirmed 5/2/2014
Written by @Fastblade5035

Dillon was one of two remarkable successes from the Nintendo 3Ds eShop. Along with Pushmo, Dillon stood out as a strong, likable new IP that even received a sequel. Dillon himself was silent, much like Link. In his story, Dillon is somewhat of a mercenary, defending towns against the destructive rock monsters, Grocks. Dillon used his shell to roll, smash, and grind into opponents at high speeds, while also slashing with claws and using advanced battle techniques to catch foes off-guard. For Smash, Dillon received a small but known group of supporters. This group, unfortunately, did not get their character in. What they did get, however, looks the be one of, if not the most visually stunning Assist Trophy in the game, with a model arguably even better than some of the playable characters.

R.I.P., amigo.
[/collapse][collapse="Waluigi"]

Waluigi (Mario Tennis, 2000)
Disconfirmed 2/27/2014

It was revealed that, returning from Brawl, Waluigi will continue his role as an Assist Trophy, and is not a playable character. Sakurai also stated that "just because you try hard to get in doesn't mean you will" has slightly affected the way people feel about highly requested newcomers, with good examples being the highly-requested Mega Man, Villager and Little Mac, and the opposite side being Skull Kid, Ashley and Waluigi. No matter the outcome, it's now fact that it will never be "Waluigi Time" in Smash Bros. for the Wii U/3DS.

A shame.

EDIT: In the Nintendo Direct, we learned that Waluigi is now not only considered a Wario character, but also retains his attack pattern from Brawl. Maybe this means we'll see the Purple Pessimist appear in an upcoming Wario Land or WarioWare? Probably not, but at least Waluigi is alongside his counterpart now.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Isabelle"]

Isabelle (Animal Crossing: New Leaf, 2013)
Disconfirmed 4/4/2014

Isabelle is the assistant of the mayor (you) in Animal Crossing New Leaf. She basically runs the show while you do typical Animal Crossing things. In Smash Bros., she appears to be an Assist Trophy, dropping butt-fruits for the summoner to heal with. May this adorable puppy heal all she meets.

'Cept those who make Rule 34 of her and make innocent creatures sexualized. Sometimes I despise the Internet.

EDIT: Thanks to the Nintendo Direct, we now know that Isabelle can throw fruit onto the battlefield (not the butt-fruits from Animal Crossing, though), and they can heal whoever picks them up, making her a lot like Peach's Final Smash in Brawl.
[/collapse]​
[Collapse=Takamaru]

Series: The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Debut: The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Famicom) (1986)
Disconfirmation: July 27, 2014 (Picture of the Day)
Role: Assist Trophy

“I live my life by the sword!"

Takamaru is the heroic samurai that went on a journey to defeat the four Daimyo in Edo Era Japan after they were possessed by the demonic Murasame and his mysterious force. He had fought many dangerous foes ranging from ninjas to yokai as he had scaled every castle with a katana in hand and many weapons to his disposal. He had rescued many maidens, slaughtered any ninja in his path, and fought for his homeland even if it had costed his own life during such a hellish mission. Unlike most traditional samurai that we all know, he is a unique case for the many weapons he had used during his journey. Windmill blades, throwing knives, an invisibility cloak, a series of magical shogi pieces, the notorious Inazuma Thunder bomb, and scrolls that granted him the ability to fight with fire. Like many heroes during the 80's like Mario and Link, he had displayed a special kind of bravery and had conquered all obstacles in his way.

Takamaru had gained himself a following in the past due to how much of a hidden gem his game was despite its formerly Japan-only status. But over time, that following had grown over the years due to many unexpected love letters to the series from Nintendo himself. He was a guest character in one of Japan's biggest hack-and-slash games, became an ally to the character Nick in Captain Rainbow, had a few references in Brawl (song and sticker respectively), and got represented in one of the Wii U's most underrated launch titles (Nintendo Land). But sadly it all wasn't enough for Sakurai to consider him a worthy addition, for which is is now an Assist Trophy that attacks people with his iconic Windmill Blades. Like a fellow swordsman would say, maybe he'll get his chance another day and it might be similar to what Little Mac had to go through to leave his Assist Trophy status. Farewell, young samurai and we shall meet again another time and in another place. For now, you'll just have to rest in peace until things get better for a rising star like you.

"Perhaps we may meet again in battle, some other time and place."

[/collapse]
[collapse="Samurai Goroh"]

Samurai Goroh (F-Zero, 1990)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @YoshiandToad

For many years F-Zero fans and Smash fans alike have commented on how F-Zero is one of the few original IPs to only have one character on the Smash Roster. Amongst the F-Zero cast, Samurai Goroh was one of the most popular choices, and ranked well in Smash polls alongside fellow potential F-Zero newcomer Black Shadow.

He appeared in Melee in the opening sequence alongside Ridley and Wolf, leading many to believe they were unlockable characters. Sadly this was not the case.

In Brawl, Goroh was the very first Assist Trophy to receive his own page, hacking and slashing at opponents when summoned.

People hoping for Samurai Goroh to finally join his long term rival were dismayed to see he was revealed at the direct as the Assist Trophy to show off the technical differences between playable characters and Assist Trophies.
[/collapse][collapse="Dark Samus"]

Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, 2004)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Venus of the Desert Bloom

The Direct was the final death toll to all Dark Samus supporters and Metroid fans alike. However, despite the loss, Dark Samus fans are excited to see that Dark Samus made it in as an Assist Trophy and look forward to the darkness she unleashes onto the battlefield. The fans hope that in place of Dark Samus, Sakurai reconsiders Ridley and promotes him as a playable character. It is shame that Dark Samus is not in playable form but it would be a tragedy for Ridley to not appear playable as well and an insult to Metroid overall. Dark Samus fans are hopeful for rich Metroid content in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS and look forward to our favorite Phazon-infused monster as an Assist Trophy.

According to Direct footage, Dark Samus performs a number of attacks such as shooting Phazon-infused energy from her arm cannon. It appears to be fairly powerful and can deliver a fair amount of hitstun and is a very fast hitting attack. The second attack she showed to be able to do is slam the ground with her fist which causes 10 light blue Phazon tenticles to shoot up from the ground. It is unknown what type of damage it does as it barely seems to affect Mega Man. Overall, she seems to be a strong Assist Trophy that delivers a fast hitting projectile attack as well as a close attack that might have secondary attacks. Either after appearing or before she leaves, she performs an intimidating pose.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Midna"]

Midna (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, 2006)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @andimidna

While Midna was a relatively popular request for Super Smash Bros Brawl, her requests dropped dramatically at the time of the new 4th title.
In Brawl, all Midna fans received was 2 trophies and 1 sticker. While many may have been disappointed then, she has been upgraded to an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros for Wii U. So despite Twilight Princess releasing in 2006, a lot of content is still being taken from the game, such as: Link's Model, Zelda's Model, and of course, Midna's Assist Trophy.

At first glance, it appears that Midna will appear out of the Assist Trophy and will warp to a specific character. Then she will extend her hair out and swing it around to hit anybody within reach. However, Gamexplain pointed out that she extends her hair into a hand, and seems to grab and hold the characters. It is possible that she will grab players and fling them of the stage. It is also unknown whether or not she will be able to warp multiple times to different locations throughout the stage. Once she warps to a spot, she crosses her arms and lets her hair do all of the work. So on a stage such as Palutena's Temple, it would be very advantageous to the summoner if she could warp multiple times throughout her appearance on the stage.

Her assist will only include her imp form. It is doubtful that Wolf Link, or her Princess Form will be involved with her assist.

It is just great to see she is not forgotten, as she could have easily been left out of the game entirely, as we have yet to see her reappear in the Zelda series after 2006.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Saki Amamiya"]

Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment, 2000)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Young Horsetail

Despite Sakurai's clear favouritism to Sin & Punishment's gameplay style enforced out on Kid Icarus Uprising, and the ever-infamous praise back in Braw, Saki Amamiya's confirmed to return as one of the veteran Assists in SSB4, much to dismay towards all of his supporters. I'm sad of seeing him not being elevated, but on the other hand, I'm happy he was brought back to the Assist Program for this installment.

From his footage, it appears that he has been finetuned to act less reckless and fast in his moves by moving slower and having more pause between his actions: in Brawl he was constantly on the move, which had a potential to mess with his A.I behaviour.
I hope this is being true as this can make him better while tormenting the opponents to his acrobatic fullest- but it won't detract from me enjoying to see him appearing to Assist me.

All in all, Saki might be out, but he's not forgotten due being back, being able to cement himself more as many of the cult heroes of Nintendo's history. Perhaps one day, he'll be the successor to his other acquintances - like a certain boxer managed to be.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Knuckle Joe"]

Knuckle Joe (Kirby Super Star, 1996)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Zero2570

Knuckle Joe was one of the cool Kirby characters that I thought could have been in the next Smash Bros, although my support isn't what it used to be, Knuckle Joe could have been a character that could of had a moveset that had all his moves' strengths be dependent on how long you hold the A or B button etc. But sadly, he just didn't make the cut, but at least Sakurai still held him important enough to be an assist trophy. maybe he still thought he's a "helper" type character since in the Kirby games he's a "helper", so maybe he was always destined to be an assist. However, that character is still a badass, he had a lot of competition though, and he just couldn't punch through.
[/collapse][collapse="Mother Brain"]

Mother Brain (Metroid, 1986)
Disconfirmed 2/7/2014

Mother Brain was confirmed to appear as an Assist Trophy in early February. Taking her appearance from Zero Mission, Mother Brain appears to fire large purple Ridleys lasers at opponents, and has Rinkas (an enemy from Metroid/ Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Other M which damage Samus, can be frozen to be used as platforms, and generally drop ammunition or energy when killed) circulating around her. Her glass container seems to have broken, so that may factor into her role, although I haven't much knowledge of Metroid (I only have Other M so far. Sue me.) It's unknown if her size actually proves anything for Ridley's case, but that won't stop post after post of speculation.
[/collapse][collapse="Andross"]

Andross (Star Fox, 1993)
Disconfirmed 3/27/2014

Andross returns as an Assist Trophy to the Smash Bros. battlefield! In Brawl, Andross' telekinetic projection fires polygonal asteroids at any opponent besides the summoner. It appears he'll do the same here as well, but his true form isn't seen. Maybe as a trophy we'll see the organic monkey's uncle Andross with his floating hands again.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Metroid"]

Metroid (Metroid, 1987)
Disconfirmed 4/7/2014

The Metroids are a creation of collaboration between the Chozo race and Mother Brain, in order to combat the X Parasites. The name "Metroid" means "Ultimate Warrior" in the Chozo language. The creatures grew feral after stopping the X Parasites, and overtook the planet SR388. The Galactic Federation attempted to study these creatures, only to be raided by space pirates and spread across Planet Zebes. Metroids can suck the life force out of a living creature, and grow larger with it's consumption. In Brawl, the Metroid was an assist trophy that latched onto opponents and dealt damage, and it seems they'll do the same again in SSB4.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Devil"]

Devil (Devil World, 1984)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by: @ APC99 APC99 (It's been a while, hasn't it?)

The Devil was the main antagonist of the Eastern-exclusive title Devil World, using his Satanic powers to control egg creatures and tilt a maze to stop an invading dragon. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, this tyrant is an Assist Trophy that controls the camera, moving it up, down, left or right to distract you and your opponents. And, as it looks, he'll do the exact same actions in Smash Bros. 4. Now, if only it came to the North American VC...
[/collapse]
[collapse="Chain Chomp"]

Chain Chomp (Super Mario Bros. 3, 1988)
Disconfirmed 2/8/2014
Written by @ Louie G. Louie G.

Chain Chomp, although we never did expect you, it's a shame to see you go. Such an iconic enemy from Super Mario, now confirmed as an assist trophy. Had it not been the fact that you had no arms of legs, you may have stood a chance. But alas, you cannot fight in the realm of Smash Bros. You have been gifted with a new life, as an assist trophy! It is a rightful position and you look like one of the best so far.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Elec Man"]

Elec Man (Mega Man, 1987)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @shinpichu

DLN-008 Elec Man was part of the original series of Robot Masters created by Dr. Thomas Light and Dr. Albert Wily. Originally designed to control the voltage in a power plant, he was stolen an modified into a battle robot by Dr. Wily during the events of the first game. He is known to be somewhat egotistical and "twisted", but is also very responsible according to his Megaman & Bass CD Data. He also enjoys playing the guitar in his spare time. Elec Man's signature weapon is the Thunder Beam, which fires bolts of lightning in three directions(forwards, up, and down) and can be used to destroy Guts Blocks. He is very fast and agile, traits which combined with the devastating power of the Thunder Beam, have made him infamous as one of the more difficult Robot Masters to defeat in the original Mega Man game. He has been reconstructed and stolen again many times, notably in Rockman World on the Game Boy and Mega Man: The Power Battle in the arcades. His design was used by Wily as the basis for Quick Man, another Robot Master known for his speed and difficulty.

Elec Man was confirmed to be an Assist Trophy during the April Nintendo Direct. His behaviour mimics his fight from Mega Man 1, running and leaping around the stage and firing off Thunder Beams. Much like Mega Man, his appearance in Super Smash Bros. draws heavily from his appearance in the original NES game. When summoned, he strikes the same pose that he does in his stage intro in MM1, and the animation he uses to shoot Thunder Beams is the same as in the original game.
[/collapse][/Collapse]
POKE BALL POKEMON
[Collapse=Poke Ball Pokemon][collapse="Xerneas"]

Xerneas (Pokemon X / Pokemon Y, 2013)
Disconfirmed 10/18/2013

Xerneas is one of the Legendary Pokemon originating from the franchise's newest game, Pokemon X/ Pokemon Y for the Nintendo 3DS. This Pokemon is able to share eternal life, and was in a deep sleep in the form of a tree for a thousand years before it's revival. It's role in Super Smash Bros. is probably a Poke Ball Pokemon, as the background matches Battlefield's sky, and the head is far too small to match that of a Poke Floats revival.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Palkia"]

Palkia (Pokemon Diamond / Pokemon Pearl, 2006)
Disconfirmed 2/5/2014

Palkia, one of the Legendaries from Diamond and Pearl, has been transformed from Spear Pillar's stage hazard into a Poke Ball Pokemon, (supposedly) alongside Xerneas, and uses Spacial Rend as one of it's moves. Sadly, this probably means that Brawl's Spear Pillar stage will not be a returning stage, leaving the only option to be the terrain-changing cat-hiding Pokemon Stadium 2.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Dedenne"]

Dedenne (Pokemon X/Y, 2013)
Disconfirmed 2/8/2014

Dedenne, the Antenna Pokemon (and "Pikachu" of Gen. VI) has been confirmed as a Poke Ball, using his electric powers. It appears he'll shoot an X-shaped burst of lightning at opponents. .
[/collapse]
[collapse="Arceus"]

Arceus (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, 2007)
Deconfirmation: 4/8/2014
Written by @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon. It's the closest thing to a god the Pokemon series has as it created the world with it's thousands of arms. To further prove it's power, it also has the highest base stat total of any standard Pokemon. It was deconfirmed in the Smash Direct but it's obvious that Sakurai respects the divine being. When summoned from a Masterball, it uses what appears to be Judgement, it's signature move! This attack causes all airborne enemies to plummet straight down. No matter where they are! A powerful ability for a powerful Pokemon!
[/collapse]
Mew, the New Species Pokemon

Series: Pokemon
Debut: Pokemon Red and Blue (1996)
Disconfirmation: April 8, 2014, Super Smash Bros. Direct
Role: Pokeball Pokemon

"So rare that it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. Only a few people have seen it worldwide."

Mew is a Pokemon beloved by many. #151 in Pokedex order, this Pokemon is the ancestor of them all, with the unique ability to learn any TM, HM, or Move Tutor move (except those exclusive to specific Pokemon). Mew is an extremely rare Pokemon that can only be obtained by use of special events. Mew has a particularly interesting history with Pokemon. In Pokemon Red, Blue, and Green, Mew was programmed into the game by Shigeki Morimoto without even Nintendo knowing about it. While this is normally highly frowned upon, Mew was received incredibly well. See, word of mouth had spread that many Pokemon were hidden in the game that were actually not (Mewthree and Pikablue being the most notorious examples). Imagine everyone's surprise when one of these mythical Pokemon proved to actually be in the game! It lead to an increase of sales and is noted as a major reason for Pokemon's success in Japan.

Mew also has a long history with the Super Smash Bros. series, being a Pokeball Pokemon in every game since the original. While there were some people rooting for Mew's playability, most people were unsurprised when it proved to be a Pokeball summon yet again.
"It makes me happy being with you!"
[collapse="Entei"]

Entei (Pokémon Gold/Silver, 1999)
Disconfirmed: 4/8/2014
Written by @GoldenYuiitusin

Known as the Volcano Pokémon, Entei is the Legendary Beast of Fire. It is a leonine creature that is said to cause volcanoes to erupt just by its roar. It made its debut into the Super Smash Bros. series in Super Smash Bros. Melee as a Poké Ball summon that creates a geyser of fire to form around itself, trapping opponents and forcing them into the sky with rapid burning damage. It has retained this role in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS is no exception. The only presumed change is that being a Legendary Pokémon, it would be summoned through the new Master Ball item as opposed to a regular Poké Ball like before.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Bellossom"]

Bellossom (Pokemon Gold/Silver, 1999)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @N3ON

#182, Bellossom, the Flower Pokemon and potential final stage of the Grass-Type Oddish Evolution line is known to be drawn out by and dance in the sunlight of the day. Others say the dance itself draws the sun out. As it dances its petals rub together, which can cause a variety of effects.

In Smash Bros 4., as in Brawl and Melee (Bellossom's Smash debut) Bellossom's Pokeball effect is using Sleep Powder as it dances to lull its foes into a short state of sleep.

Bellossom's presence as a Pokeball Pokemon was confirmed during the Smash Bros. Direct.
[/collapse][collapse=Electrode]

Electrode (Pokemon Red/Green, 1996)
Deconfirmed: 4/8/2014

Oh Electrode. You've never stood a chance at being playable, but you've always been by our side.

Ever since the first Smash Bros. in Silph Co., you've been around to explode indiscriminately and give the fighters' day just a little bit more... Flare. Come Melee and beyond, you've been a staple Poke Ball Pokemon. In fact, alongside Goldeen, Snorlax, and Mew, you've been one of the only Pokemon to stick through with us, no matter what!

For that, we salute you, our kabooming comrade. Here's to many more years to come of getting very, very far away from your explosions.[/collapse][collapse="Meloetta"]

Meloetta (Pokemon Black/White, 2010)
Written by @R.O.B.

Ah beloved Meloetta, such a great idea of incorporating transformations and song for combat on part with Zelda and Jiggs. You had such a wonderful design for an androgynous legendary and a kawaii voice on par with Miku. Now that you are a Pokeball, it's the time for you to accept your fate as a Pokeball Pokemon.
[/collapse][collapse="Meowth"]

Meowth (Pokemon Red & Blue, 1996)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @ Arcadenik Arcadenik

Meowth is the Scratch Cat Pokemon. It is one of the more popular and famous Pokemon. It is best-known for its recurring role in the Pokemon anime as Team Rocket's lovable mascot. It is one of two 1st gen Pokemon to still appear in the anime consistently (the other is Pikachu, obviously). Its signature move, Pay Day, is useful for making extra money outside trainer battles and selling items at Poke Marts. Unfortunately for the Meowth fans, Meowth was disconfirmed for the fourth time during the Smash Direct despite 15 years of support. It was seen using Pay Day to attack enemies with koban coins. Many fans were grateful that Meowth, at least, still appears as a summonable Pokemon who gets into action instead of being a lifeless trophy. Meowth's dream of being a star is just that... a dream.
[/collapse][collapse="Eevee"]

Eevee (Pokemon Red/Blue, 1996)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Cobalsh

Eevee is the Evolution Pokémon, originating in Kanto. It is known for having multiple evolutions that originate from different sources, like Stones, Friendship and... touching rocks? Ok, whatever. Anyway, Eevee appeared in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS as a Pokeball, and uses Tackle to smack opponents.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Victini"]

Victini (Pokemon Black/White, 2010)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Fortanono

Sakurai recently confirmed that Victini would be a Pokéball Pokémon, possibly fulfilling the role of the Mew-like Pokémon. Victini did not really have an actual chance, but some of us believed he did as he was Junichi Masuda's favorite Pokémon, much like Pichu was. This was just bias, however, and many fans are glad that he is still making an appearance.
[/collapse][collapse="Snivy"]

Snivy (Pokemon Black/White, 2010)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Jaklub (Main Coder of Super Smash Bros. Crusade)

Snivy, the Grass Snake Pokemon, is one of the starters in Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 games. It was revealed in 2010 alongside with the other choices, Tepig and Oshawott. Smug, swift and slim, it quickly became a fan-favorite, nicknamed Smugleaf. Now, with 5th generation having become a thing of the past, it appears that in the upcoming Smash Bros. games it will fulfill the role of a Pokeball assist, aiding those who release it. Chances of Snivy becoming something more than that were less than slim anyway, so let us appreciate what we have.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Fennekin"]

Fennekin (Pokemon X/Y, 2013)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Xenoblaze

#653 Fennekin, the Fox Pokemon, is a Fire type Pokemon introduced in Generation VI, and is one of the three starter Pokemon available in Kalos, the others being Chespin and Froakie. Fennekin evolves into Braxien at level 16, and then into Delphox at level 36. Fennekin is a straight forward special attacker, sporting decent speed, special attack, and special defense. Typical of a Fire type, it is capable of preforming varies Fire type attacks, but despite it's pure Fire typing it's also capable of learning varies Psychic attacks, which becomes more enforced when it gains a Psychic typing when it evolves into Delphox. One quirk with Fennekin is it's diet of twigs, and it sports a bit of temperamental personality.

Fennekin debuts in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS as a Pokeball summon, where it shoots out a fireball that causes an explosion of flames when it makes contact with the opponent, similar to Ness' PK Fire. This has been confirmed as of 4/8/14 via the Smash Direct.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Keldeo"]

Keldeo (Pokemon Black/White, 2010)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Scoliosis Jones

#647. Keldeo, the Colt Pokemon. This Water and Fighting type Pokemon was an Event Legendary for Pokemon Black And White, released on the Nintendo DS in 2010. It was largely considered the "4th Musketeer" when juxtaposed with Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrackion, who resemble the 3 Musketeers. All four share the move Sacred Sword, a fighting type attack. Keldeo has 2 forms; originally being in 'Ordinary Form' and changing into "Resolute Form"

In Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS, Keldeo acts as a Pokeball summon, most likely after throwing a Master Ball in play. It attacks with it's signature attack, Sacred Sword, as it swipes with its Unicorn like horn while in its Resolute Form. It was revealed to play this role in the Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct on April 8th, 2014.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Metagross"]

Metagross (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, 2002)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @IsmaR

#376 Metagross, the Iron Leg Pokémon, was introduced in the 3rd generation of games for the Pokémon series, debuting in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire as the games' "Pseudo-Legendary" (equivalent to the games' Dragonite) alongside Salamence. It quickly gained popularity for its amazing stats, rarity (used and receivable only by/from the games' Champion, Steven Stone) and uniqueness, being comprised of 4 smaller "legs" that are actually the fusing of 2 of its prior evolution's form, Metang (who itself is comprised of 2 Beldum, the base form) and lastly having the apparent processing power rivaling a supercomputer. Being of both Steel and Psychic dual typing, it was able to use its limbs for brute force and telekinetic abilities for both offense and mobility.

Metagross debuted in Smash Bros. Brawl as a Pokéball assist, stomping anyone who was immediately surrounding it into the ground and causing Earthquake shockwaves to launch foes who farther away upwards. With the latest Nintendo Direct, it was seen reprising this role. Though his chances and relevance were slim, he remained a fan favorite, so seeing him in the game goes to show that Metagross still holds some semblance to the series.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Goldeen"]

Goldeen (Pokemon Red/Green, 1997)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @MisterVideoGaming

Well, here we go again. It's that time again. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

And once again, we go through the act of seeing which Pokemon return, and which don't.
Now, some have escaped this tragedy (Charizard is a good example). But, some aren't as lucky as others. The greatest example is our friend Goldeen. Who somehow hasn't escaped this wrath since the N64 era. "Who's Goldeen?" you ask? Well, while also known as 118th Pokemon in the National Pokedex, it's also a first-gen Water type Pokemon. And in said gen, along with other after it, you got it by fishing. As such, it was mostly with the Good Rod. But in Smash, Goldeen has a different role. It has not only has the "role" of being a Pokeball Pokemon, but also is stuck with the gimmick of the one that "splashes around". And really nothing else with every iteration that has come our way.

With that said, many of you are aware of the Smash Direct. As well as the "Direct Massacre" as we've all come to know it. To be fair, with that Direct, we did get plenty of info. New stages, a new character, not to mention items and Pokemon. In other words, the perfect place for disconfirmations. And if that didn't help, we received two press kits featuring hundreds of pics. Saying there would be no losses is just denial. Someone was bound to go down. And, it went as well as we expected. Multiple fan favorites became Assist Trophies. One all-star with the risk of being a stage hazard. And a certain Trainer with two of his Pokemon are claimed to have been abandoned in this warfare. And then we get to the Pokemon. Good God the Pokemon lost! Keldeo, Victini, who didn't get gypped?! It was insane. It was just one after another! One loss coming after one before it! And, sadly, Goldeen was thrown into the mix. Poor thing just can't catch a break.

It's not like Goldeen did anything wrong to deserve this. Heck, many have even pointed to Magikarp taking said role. Isn't it notable for this? And sure, it wasn't the best Water type. But what it did it could do very well in the right hands. Especially if you got it to Seaking. Well, in any case, this was expected, but it's still sad to see any Pokemon go to Pokeball territory. It was close, but sadly with no cigar. And even when "A small role is better than none." is what they say, it does deserves more credit then it's given. Just at least some form of recognition.

With that said, my condolences go to the fans of Goldeen.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Gardevoir"]

Gardevoir (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, 2002)
Disconfirmation: 4/8/2014
Written by @Guybrush20X6

According to the Pokedex, these Psychic/Fairy types have the power to see the future, will protect their trainers with their lives and can even summon black holes to absorb attacks. They evolve from Kirlia at Level 30 and have a Male counterpart in Gallade, despite being capable of being male themselves.
Gardevoir has long been a fan favorite due to it's intresting design, great special stats and er... lovely personality? Game Freak seemed to take notice of this in X & Y making it into one of the new Fairy type Pokemon and giving it a new Mega Form which is used by the champion herself.
This wasn't enough to upgrade Gardevoir's status in Smash 4 and one again, it seems to return as a Pokeball Pokemon.
[/collapse]

Debut Game: Pokemon B2/W2 (Event released 8/7/2014)
Deconfirmed at: E3 2014 Demo (June 11th)
By TitanTeaTime
Genesect is a bug/steel legendary Pokemon - the first bug type legendary, at that. In the games there have been multiple events including one for a level 15 Genesect early on in B2/W2 and a Japan-exclusive Genesect with the special moves Blaze Kick, Extremespeed and Shift Gear, as well as its signature move Techno Blast. However, it is more known in the competitive Pokemon as being a very powerful and versatile pokemon with its great power, good defences and only 1 weakness. It does suffer from slightly below average speed, but that can be fixed with either the use of a choice scarf or the aforementioned Shift Gear.

In Smash 4, while it was a popular candidate for a 5th gen rep (the other main choice being Zoroark who has also since been deconfirmed) makes its Smash Debut as a pokeball or master ball summon. Although it is notable for being very powerful in the role it's been given: Its attack pattern consists of firing 2 small lasers then 1 large laser, presumably Techno Blast, the latter laser having enough power to KO at medium percentages and having a large range to boot. It then repeats this combo, before disappearing. Who knows, though: Maybe in the next game if it has enough popularity it could get promoted as Charizard or Little Mac did from the pokeball or assist trophy role respectively.
[/Collapse]

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This post is for putting to rest those characters who became Stage Elements, Hazards, Items, Trophies, and Attacks for other characters.
STAGE HAZARDS/ STAGE ELEMENTS
[Collapse=Stage Hazards and Elements][Collapse=Kamek]Kamek, the Evil Magikoopa

Series: Yoshi/Mario
Debut Game: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)
Disconfirmation: June 2, 2014 Pic of the Day (Quote)
Role: Stage Element on New Super Mario Bros. U Stage (Wii U)

"Welcome!! Now, Yoshi, my lamb, if you would be a dear and please HAND OVER THE BABY!"

Kamek is the caretaker of Baby Bowser and Main antagonist of the Yoshi's Island games and the adviser/right hand man of Bowser and a high-ranking member of the Koopa Troop in the Mario series. His hobbies include kidnapping babies, powering up bosses, fighting Yoshis, warping stages, and reading novels in his library. He is the leader of the Magikoopas and is highly proficient in magic.

For the majority of Super Smash Bros. 4 speculation, Kamek was regarded as the most plausible second representative of the Yoshi series. Although he was never considered particularly likely on these boards, he did have his fair share of fans that were rooting for him as a playable character.

Kamek's confirmation as a stage element unfortunately means he's not going to be a playable character this time around. It's not all bad news, though! In Brawl, he was represented only as two stickers. This time, he got a significantly more respectable role as a stage element. If his roles keep increasing, who knows? Maybe we'll get to see him and his ugly mug playable in the next Smash game.

"How DARE you?! It's just not right... You big, green meanie... One of these days... I'll be back... You just wait and see!"[/Collapse][collapse="Shy Guy"]

Shy Guy (Super Mario Bros. 2, 1988)
Disconfirmed 1/9/2014

On the then-recently revealed Rainbow Road stage for the 3DS, we were shown that the Shy Guys, the "avatars" of online players in the Mario Kart series, are once again stage hazards as they cruise along the multi-colored staple of the Mario Kart series. And, although debates can be used to say that a Shy Guy can still appear as a Yoshi character in his default red coloring instead of the black robes, this holds no ground, as we see the red, blue, green and even the heroic white Shy Guys in the background, riding their own karts. So, it looks as if the mysterious inhabitants of Yoshi's Island shall forever ride off into the distance.
[/collapse][collapse="Viridi"]

Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising, 2012)
Speculated Disconfirmation: 7/23/13
Disconfirmed: 1/23/14

We received a new stage in July, the Reset Bomb Factory from Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS. However, Sakurai also mentioned Viridi, goddess of nature. Half a year later, we receive a picture of Viridi in the background.

Viridi is apparently a stage element, judging by what the screenshot is showing. More information will be brought up in the future.
[/collapse][collapse="Animal Crossing Villagers"]

(Redd, Dr. Shrunk, Gracie, Wendell, Saharah & Pelly) (Animal Crossing, 2003)
Disconfirmed 6/11/2013

The characters above, villagers from the GameCube game Animal Crossing, are background characters in the Smashville-esque stages. I won't go into detail about them, as there's far too many, and since they were all disconfirmed at the same time, I'll put them under one "gravestone". Also to make a note of, a Gyroid appears both as a background character and as part of Villager's moveset, so that's noteworthy, as well as the large stump, which may signify K.K. Slider will be disconfirmed as well, playing his songs every Saturday night at 8.

UPDATE: 4 more villagers have been added to the Graveyard as villagers seemingly randomize again, since Smashville from Brawl.

(3/24/14)
We now see that Frillard, Dr. Shrunk's teacher, and Labelle, the fashion designer, are villagers surveying the fight, although the former only appears in special occasions in City Folk.

(3/19/14)
In this pic, we now see that Mabel, the younger of the Able Sisters, and one of the Nook Twins survey the battle as well, in this case the creation of a galaxy.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Conductor Link + Alfonzo"]

Conductor Link and Alfonzo (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, 2009)
Disconfirmed 6/11/2013 and 1/24/2014

Conductor Link, the protagonist of Spirit Tracks, has been confirmed to be the driver of the Spirit Train stage. Not much is known about his role on the stage, but he is NOT the same Toon Link we see playable.

1/24/2014 Update: Alfonzo has been confirmed to be a stage element, replacing Conductor Link whenever Toon Link is fighting on the train. However, it's currently unknown if he appears ONLY when someone is playing as Toon Link.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Yellow Devil"]

The Yellow Devil (Mega Man, 1987)
Disconfirmed 6/11/2013

The Yellow Devil is one of the first bosses you face in Dr. Wily's Castle in the original Mega Man for the NES. He appears in Super Smash Bros. in a mysterious role, only appearing so far on the Wily's Castle stage. He may be a boss for this game's Adventure Mode, or a stage hazard.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Wii Balance Board"]

Wii Balance Board (Wii Fit, 2008)
Disconfirmed 6/12/2013

Strangely, in Wii Fit, you are guided through several menus by a sentient Wii Balance Board, liberated from it's normal occupation of being stood on and being forced to find your weight and center of balance without damaging anybody's feelings. However, in Smash Bros., it appears the Balance Board will not only be in the background of the gym, cheering on the fighters, but several other Balance Boards appear to make up platforms, reverting back to their enslaved life of back-breaking pressure enforced on their plastic shells. Truly, a sad, sad creature.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Lubba"]

Lubba (Super Mario Galaxy 2, 2010)
Disconfirmed 11/15/2013

Lubba is the captain of Starship Mario, and the friendly Luma you meet in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Whilst Lubba wasn't as popular a choice as his predecessor Rosalina (NOW CONFIRMED), he remains the captain, driving the Starship throughout the Mario Galaxy stage. Also worth noting are the Lumas on board, which are used as characters (all 3 Luma colors on the end can be summoned by Rosalina) for the Rosalina & Luma duo. Does this mean anything for characters with many similar-looking members of their race, like Toad or Shy Guy?
[/collapse]
[collapse="Dark Lord"]

The Dark Lord (Find Mii, 2011)
Disconfirmed 12/3/2013

The Dark Lord, the main antagonist of the 3DS game Find Mii, has released an army of ghosts and captured many high-class citizens, like the Monarch and the Royal Family. It is your job to control your Mii, stop the Dark Lord (and his powerful Dark Emperor form) and rescue the citizens all while collecting several hats, many themed around Nintendo games. The Dark Lord appears to be a stage hazard or Adventure Mode boss in Super Smash Bros., seemingly confirming a Find Mii-based stage in the process.
[/collapse]
[collapse="The Kapp'n Family"]

Kapp'n (Animal Crossing, 2003)
Disconfirmed 12/11/2013

Kapp'n is a born sailor, and spends his days chauffeuring around villagers wherever they need to go, whether it be one by land, or two by sea. Born on July 12th, this turtle/kappa is extremely fond of cucumbers, and is a well-known character in the Animal Crossing series, alongside K.K. Slider, Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti and the Villager itself. In Smash Bros., Kapp'n seems to appear on an unconfirmed Animal Crossing stage for 3DS (NOW CONFIRMED TO BE TORTIMER ISLAND). But, that is his life, sailing on the ocean, I'm sure he feels right at home.

UPDATE 3/7/2014: With the reveal of Tortimer Island, not only do we see Tortimer, but Kapp'n's daughter Leila, who appears to have no role besides watching from afar.

[/collapse]
[collapse="Kotake and Koume"]

Kotake & Koume (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1998)
Disconfirmed 3/3/14

Kotake and Koume are two elderly Gerudo witches, and the surrogate mothers of the dark lord Ganondorf. Kotake, the red witch, controls fire while Koume, the blue witch, controls ice. While they are minor antagonists in Ocarina of Time, brainwashing Nabooru into serving Ganondorf's cause, only to be killed by Link, they are resurrected in Oracle of Ages/Seasons as the main antagonists, using Veran and Onox as pawns to resurrect Ganondorf (each of the pawns lit a Flame of Despair needed to revive him), and finally atempting to sacrifice Princess Zelda to light the final flame. After fighting Link once, then merging into the powerful Twinrova, they sacrifice themselves and their dark hearts to revive Ganondorf. However, because of their corrupted hearts contasting Zelda's pure heart, Ganondorf is revived as the raging pig monster Ganon. In Smash Bros., they appear in Gerudo Valley once again as possible stage hazards, burning or freezing opponents. It's speculated that they are the reason that the bridge on the stage will burn and collapse, only to reform later. Not much is known about what they do (besides speculation), but 3 disconfirmations and a row is rather strange for Sakurai, even if only Waluigi had enough support.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Tortimer"]

Tortimer (Animal Crossing, 2003)
Disconfirmed 3/7/2014

Tortimer plays the role of the mayor in the original Animal Crossing games, up until New Leaf, where he retires and hosts the Animal Crossing mini-games as you usurp his former role. Maybe his ego finally got the best of him. In SSB4, he relaxes at his personal island, Tortimer Island. He appears to have no role besides watching young whippersnappers punch and kick each other.
[/collapse][/Collapse]
ITEMS AND TROPHIES
[Collapse=Items and Trophies][collapse="Tiki"]

Tiki (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, 1990)
Written by @Pacack

Here lies Tiki, Princess of the Divine Dragons, daughter of the Divine Dragon Naga.
One of the more important and recurring characters in the Fire Emblem series, Tiki has appeared in Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~, and Fire Emblem: Awakening as a playable unit of the Manakete class. Being a Manakete, she has the ability to transform into a powerful dragon to battle (the dragon in the trophy above is simply another form of Tiki). Having lived for over 2000 years, she has fought with and befriended heroes from Marth, the legendary Hero King, to Chrom, Exalt of the halidom. Despite her impressive resume in a series with notoriously few recurring characters, Tiki will not be joining her beloved Mar-Mar as a playable character in these installments of the Super Smash Bros. series.
Into slumber she returns. May she rest well.
[/collapse][collapse="Blue Shark"]

The Blue Shark (Steel Diver, 2011)
Disconfirmed 12/9/2013

In the 3DS game Steel Diver, you control the Steel Divers, a secret organization from around the world driven to destroy a power-hungry rogue nation in the year 19XX. Among these subs is the "mascot" of the series, the Blue Shark. In Smash Bros., although demand for Steel Diver representation was very little, the Blue Shark was converted into a missile-launching items for fighters to use in the next installment. Does this hint at more obscure franchises being recognized, such as Captain Rainbow, Endless Ocean and Rhythm Heaven?
[/collapse][collapse="Wonder Red and the Wonderful 100"]

Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101, 2013)
Disconfirmed 5/7/2014

The Wonderful 101 is a relatively new game for the Wii U, releasing to stores after the announcement of Smash Bros. at E3. The premise is that you control a group of heroes, the Wonderful 100, and help them recruit new members, rescue civilians and destroy monsters using the Unite Morph ability, becoming things such as a fist, a whip or even a pistol. While the game was developed by Platinum Games, the IP actually belongs to Nintendo, making it among the first new Nintendo IPs to hit the Wii U. Wonder Red, in reality mild-mannered school teacher Will Wedgewood, is the young rookie leader of the heroes, with gifted intelligence and skill, although he is still prone to mistakes. His Vulcan Knuckles allow him to have extreme accuracy, and improve his special ability, the Unite Hand.

In Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U, we see Wonder Red as a trophy, alongside several other members of the Wonderful 100, according to Sakurai. While disappointing that a group of characters with such abilities are being skipped over, it is worth noting that they are trophies even though they're very new to the history of Nintendo.
[/collapse][collapse="Saria"]

Saria (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1998)
Disconfirmed 1/6/2014

The first post of the year 2014 gave us a look at trophies on the 3DS version, the first being the Forest Sage Saria from Ocarina of Time. She seems to hold her OoT3D appearance, and is sitting on a stump with her ocarina and her fairy guardian. Although trophies do not completely disconfirm characters, with the position Saria is in, plus the lack of a character page, it's safe to assume Saria is not playable.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Not-So-Little Mac (Captain Rainbow)"]

"Little" Mac (Captain Rainbow, 2008)
Disconfirmed 3/10/2014

We received our first trophy from the Wii U version: Little Mac's retired and washed-up future self from the Japan-only game Captain Rainbow. Since his last fight, Little Mac has gained a bit of weight (a la Doc Louis, one can only assume Mac's followed in Doc's chocoholic footsteps), and wishes to get back into shape. Eventually, Nick/Captain Rainbow grants Mac his wish. It's unknown if this assists Captain Rainbow's chances, or if it's just a representation of another incarnation of Little Mac, similar to the Wolf Link and Striker Mario trophies in Brawl. Either way, a lot of people would've assumed Little Mac was disconfirmed if this guy was shown off before the February Direct.
[/collapse][collapse=Cheep-Cheep]
View attachment 19504
Cheep-Cheep
Debut Game: Super Mario Bros (1985)
Deconfirmed: During the E3 2014 3DS trailer (6/11/2014)
Role: Trophy

Cheep-Cheep is a classic Mario enemy that has been around as long as the Koopa King himself. It generally serves the purpose of either jumping straight up to make platforming challenges more difficult, or as the most frequently appearing enemy in water levels. Also, they appear to have wings for some reason. Cheep-Cheep seems to appear in Smash Bros as a trophy, though as with Phosphora it could serve a larger purpose than simply that.
Maybe.[/collapse]
[collapse="Phosphora"]

Phosphora (Kid Icarus: Uprising, 2012)
Disconfirmed 3/21/2014

One of Viridi's commanders of the Forces of Nature, Phosphora can control electricity, move at amazing speeds and teleport, as well as summon thunder clouds. She also requires time to recharge her power, however, and has the character traits of a stereotypical teenage girl. In Kid Icarus Uprising, she goes to the Thunder Cloud Temple to recharge, and becomes engaged in a battle with Pit. In SSB4, she appears as a trophy for sure in the Wii U version, with a brand new HD character model.

Also, DAMN she's hot.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Cuccos"]

Cucco (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, 1992)
Disconfirmed 3/24/2014

They're chickens. You attack them, they swarm you until you die. They're in the game so you can probably swarm Cuccos on your foes. A simple obituary for a simple bird.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Fi"]

Fi (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, 2012)
Disconfirmed 4/8/14
Written by @Keybladeguy

R.I.P. Fi, spiritual servant of the Goddess' Sword's chosen master. During the Highly-Anticipated Smash Bros. 4 direct, there were several "Guess the character" segments showing shots of trophies up close. Fi was one of these. Poor Fi was not campaigned for, nor asked for, nor even really wanted for a character. Although to be fair, what moveset would she have? Could she be a codec-like option for Link? While it's certainly possible, we'll lay her to her final resting place into the Master Sword now. Alas, poor Fi, you shall remain in the hearts of every Skyward Sword fan.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pseudo-Palutena"]

Pseudo-Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising, 2011)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Captain Hotcakes

Pseudo (Latin for "false") Palutena is a misleading monster in similar attire and figure to the true Goddess of Light, Palutena. A creature created by The God of the Forge, Dyntos, Pit must fight it when reliving his past battles with her replacing Palutena in what would be her boss fight. The way this Trophy was revealed paned the camera up her back where her face is obscured. Switch to the frontal view in a few seconds and her ugly truth is exposed. Oh Sakurai, you almost gave us Palutena fans a heart attack with your troll tactics! That being said, Palutena not having physically appeared in the game and being absent from Pit's new Three Sacred Treasures Final Smash further hints that she might become a playable character.
[/collapse]
[collapse="King Kihunter"]

King Kihunter (Metroid: Other M, 2010)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Captain Hotcakes

This skittering vespidnoid alien was a miniboss in Metroid: Other M where Samus would come across his hive in the Bottle Ship. It constantly spawns regular Kihunters to attack. His trophy was revealed in the Smash Bros. Direct.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Sandbag"]

Sandbag (Super Smash Bros. Melee, 2001)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Mega Bidoof

Sandbag was one of my most wanted character to be playable in Smash. I felt that it would be really cool, not to mention hilarious, to see Sandbag rising up, and taking revenge on all those who Smashed him in the past. I felt he could be pretty unique for the fact that he doesn't have limbs and could use items for some of his attacks. Due to his lack of arms, his A-moves would most likley be composed of flailing in different directions, and "head-butting" his foes. He could have also used items as his special attacks. I though that since all the items are being redesigned, it would be the perfect opportunity to give Sandbag all the old designs to use in his moveset.
Due to Sakurai wanting unique characters, I really felt Sandbag had a decent chance, and that Sakurai would as him in. Nobody agreed with me, and everyone told me how absurd it was, but I held by my belief.

Unfortunately on 4/8/15, during the Super Smash Bros. Direct, a brief 6 seconds of gameplay was shown that showcased Little Mac beating up on Sandbag in the Wii Fit Stage, thus confirming Sandbag to return as an item.

The end.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Mr. Saturn"]

Mr. Saturn (EarthBound, 1995)
Disconfirmed 4/9/2014
Written by @BigAxle

While it was no surprise that the Mother series would be returning in this installment of Super Smash Bros, it was a bit of a surprise to see Mr. Saturn first, before seeing any assist trophies or playable characters (much akin to F-Zero). In addition, even before the game itself was shown, the promotional image found on Sakurai's Twitter pre-official reveals contained a Mr. Saturn. While there was no major support for Mr. Saturn, making his appearance not especially detrimentally damaging, his reappearance of an item along with the Franklin Badge only confirms heavy suspicion of the return of Mother related material in the form of items, and likely at the least, Ness returning as a playable character. While the Item is only shown sitting on the ground, it will very likely act like it’s older incarnations.

Mr. Saturn is a throwable item, that if left unattended, will walk around slowly. Picking it up and throwing it at someone will result in a very weak damage and knockback, but it makes the titular cry of a Saturnite as a mean to show that it is in pain (sounding phonetically like a "Pwahhh"). This item is likely returning as part comic factor, as the item itself has shown Smash’s lighter, goofier side in the past and present.
[/collapse][/Collapse]
MOVES
[Collapse=Moves][Collapse=Chrom]

Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening, 2012)
Disconfirmed 7/14/14​

Alas, poor Chrom. I knew him, Robin. The Exalted King of Ylisse was struck down on this day, and now he takes his place in the heavens with the kings of old. His spirit currently lives on in Robin, as a part of his tactician's Final Smash. With his daughter and tactician joining the fight, poor Chrom was left behind. Gematsu had been incorrect, and likely outdated. Perhaps Chrom will fight another day? Only time will tell. Maybe he's out there searching the Outrealms for another worthy foe. "I suppose I'll get my chance...another day."[/Collapse]
[collapse="Balloon Fighter"]

Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight, 1985)
Disconfirmed 6/11/2013

This one can be considered debatable. The Animal Crossing Villager, at E3's reveal of Smash Bros. 4, was revealed to use Balloon Fighter's helmet as a way of recovery, since Balloon Fight had appeared as an unlockable NES game featured in the original Animal Crossing. Many have taken this as disconfirmation of the NES classic's protagonist. However, some believe that he still has a chance, considering the Villager also uses boxing gloves, a main feature of Little Mac, a popular choice (NOW CONFIRMED) for Smash 4, and Punch-Out!! was also unlockable in Animal Crossing.
[/collapse][collapse="Toad"]

Toad (Super Mario Bros., 1985)
Disconfirmed 9/12/2013

Princess Peach, revealed to coincide with the anniversary of the NES classic Super Mario Bros., has used her loyal servant Toad as a meat shield for two games straight, and this seems to be the case again. Although arguably the most popular Mario newcomer, he seems to be once again hiding in Toadstool's ??? to protect his fair ruler. Developer Masahiro Sakurai did indeed state that moves may be changed, as can appearances of moves, before the final version of the game, possibly to instill false hope in us. Yet, as seen 11/22/13, Toad is still a special attack for Peach. A few still believe that Toad will get in, but at this point it seems as if he'll be doomed to the dress forever.
[/collapse][collapse="Gordo"]

Gordo (Kirby's Dream Land, 1992)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Chandelure

Gordo is an obstacle and sometimes a weapon in the Kirby Series.
Gordo is an enemy, but he doesn't really hunt the player. He can't be defeated by anything, and Kirby can't inhale him; all he can do is avoid this foe or force him down to a pit or out of play. Gordos are also used as weapons by certain bosses.

In Brawl, Gordos, Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos were projectiles in King Dedede's Side Special, Waddle Dee Toss.

In Smash 4, Gordos are now the only projectile that King Dedede can throw with his Side Special, Gordos also appear in Smash Run as enemies/obstacles.
[/collapse][collapse="Tom Nook"]

Tom Nook (Animal Crossing, 2003)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @BluePikmin11

He was one of the side characters in Animal Crossing, an innocent, raccoon merchant whom first gave you a house to pay with debt in the beginning of the first three Animal Crossing games. He was your go-to buying eye catching furniture while grooming the room with his broom. He gave you the tools to dig fossils, catch bugs, and chop down trees. Unfortunately, during this Smash Direct, he was confirmed as a part of Villager's Final Smash. Maybe one day, he'll be playable in Smash 6, one can hope.
[/collapse][/Collapse]
OTHER
[collapse=Red]

Red was the playable character in Pokemon: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, FireRed and LeafGreen versions. He also appears as a final boss in Pokemon: Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver. He was playable in Brawl with Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard.

He was not returning due on April 8, 2014. Sakurai said that all of the transformation characters would not happen, meaning that Pokemon Trainer, will not return in any sort of way. Also, one of his Pokemon, Charizard was confirmed to a solo playable character. Red's cut was the most changing of all of the characters to be revealed to not be playable.

The confirm of Red not being playable showed up two things: That cuts are actually happening and that any veteran can be cut, even the ones with unique movesets. Will Ivysaur and Squirtle become solo fighters as well? What about all of the other non revealed veterans?

May the very best that no one ever was be catching em all up in the sky.
[/collapse]​

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
SMASH RUN ENEMIES

In this section, characters that are enemies in the Smash Run mode will be put to rest.

[Collapse=Smash Run][collapse="Goomba"]

Goomba (Super Mario Bros., 1985)
Author: @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy

In the Super Smash Bros. Direct, the Goomba was confirmed to appear as one of the enemies that players will encounter in the 3DS-exclusive game mode, Smash Run.

Goombas are generic enemies, and are typically portrayed as the weakest enemies in Bowser's Koopa Troop. As a result, they're easily defeated by any kind of attack method that Mario uses. Other types of Goombas also exist, such as the Grand Goomba and Paragoomba, with each of them offering their own distinct attributes.

In terms of their involvement in the Super Smash Bros. series, Goombas have always been treated as enemies, appearing in Melee's Adventure Mode, and Brawl's Subspace Emissary. As for the Goomba's involvement in Smash Run, it seems that it'll operate in the same manner as in the Subspace Emissary. This also apples to the Grand Goomba, as it too will be in Smash Run.

Goombas are very nostalgic enemies in the Mario Universe, but because they're not really fighter material, being treated as enemies seems to be their best option, if not an Assist Trophy role.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Hammer Bro."]

Hammer Brother (Super Mario Bros., 1985)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @FalKoopa

Hammer Bros. are common enemies in the Mario series that throw hammers at the Mario Bros. They usually come in pairs, hence the name. They also have variations like Fire Bros, Ice Bros and Boomerang Bros.

Hammer Bros. previously appeared in Brawl as enemies in the Subspace Emissary, and also as assist trophies, chucking hammers at players. This time around, they have been confirmed to appear as enemies in the Smash Run mode of the 3DS version of Smash 4.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Kritter"]

Kritter (Donkey Kong Country, 1994)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @BKupa666

Six long years had passed since Mario Super Sluggers. Since then, DKC and K. Rool fans often confronted a series of unpleasant allegations, wondering if they were indeed realities. Retired. Blacklisted. Impossible. Replaced. Irrelevant. No Chance. Those words reverberated inside their skulls, serving as a constant source of aggravation and worry. Would they ever go away?

That is, until last Tuesday, when the Kritters' snarling snouts were at last unveiled as part of the 3DS Smash's new "Smash Run" mode, where Nintendo's greatest enemies stick thorn-like into players' sides as they aim to collect power-ups during a five minute session. Naturally, DKC and K. Rool fans were in a state of utmost joy. All of the horrible counterarguments against their favorite villains were, at last, dispelled in the general public's eyes. What's more, the general consensus became that, while K. Rool isn't a lock for Smash, his chances certainly emerged from the Direct, higher than ever, which is more than can be said for most characters, sadly.

The Rare and Retro eras of Donkey Kong now stand together as one, and DK and Diddy fight Kremlings in a side-scrolling platformer for the first time since 2007. Such are the marvels made possible through the fanservice game of Smash.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Stalfos"]

Stalfos (The Legend of Zelda, 1986)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @JamesDNaux

Stalfos are skeletal knights that debuted in the original The Legend of Zelda and have appeared in nearly every installment in the franchise. Stalfos are known to be formidable opponents and skilled swordsmen who often wield multiple blades, they often attack in groups and have the capability to regenerate if given enough time but can be dispatched quickly through the use of bombs. According to the Kokiri, anyone who finds themselves lost in the Lost Woods will eventually become a Stalfos.

Stalfos appear as enemies in the Smash Run mode of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, taking on an updated appearance from their Ocarina of Time incarnation. There isn't much information on how they will function, but they appear to have an attack that is a heavy downward strike.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Parasol Waddle Dee"]

Parasol Waddle Dee (Kirby's Dream Land, 1992)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @BigAxle

It was not a shock that Waddle Dees would appear in the game in some fashion, but the generic Parasol Waddle Dee has been deconfirmed as for appearing as an enemy in the game mode Smash Run, exclusive to 3DS. This is quite fitting as due to Waddle Dees typically being generic enemies, with a rare exception or two. In addition, it could likely be an explanation for Dedede's side special changing out to be Gordos by themselves, as it could cause an issue with seeing who is the friendly Waddle Dee and who isn't.

In this quick clip, it's seen that the Waddle Dee will spawn above the player, and is very weak. It gently floats down with the parasol and appears to just walk around, tackling into the player if they get near it and do not attack within a set timeframe. It's expected to be a weak enemy, one to represent the Kirby series. Tac is also shown.

It's easily noted to be very controversial regarding Bandana Waddle Dee, however, it can be simply noted that as this is not Bandana Waddle Dee appearing in these screenshots, but generic Waddle Dees. As a result, Bandana Dee's chances are virtually unaffected or assisted by this disconfimation.
[/collapse]
[collapse="TAC"]

T.A.C. (Kirby Superstar, 1996)
Written by @MopedOfJustice

In the Great Deconfirming Massacre of April 8th, 2014, many popular newcomers lined up to be slaughtered, their fans' hope soon following.

TAC was not one such character.
TAC had no such fans.

First appearing in Kirby Superstar, then Air Ride, and finally Superstar Ultra, it is TAC's main objective in life to steal your **** and ruin your day. Given that Smash is very similar to Superstar[Ultra] and has been gaining more and more elements from Air Ride, it's only fitting that TAC be added as a griefer enemy at some point, especially in Smash Run, which is modeled very closely after City Trial. TAC's role is a cross of his two precious incarnations: He moves and acts like he does in SS, and steals power-ups like he did (off screen) in Air Ride.

Truly, he is not dead and, as it seems, will never die, no matter how much we want him to.
[/collapse]

Petilil
Debut: Pokemon Black/White 2010
Confirmed as Smash Run Foe: June 11th 2014
by Guybrush20X6

The Bulb Pokémon. This grass type was introduced in Generation V or the Black/White Era. She is one of the few Pokémon to belong to one gender (in this case female) and evolves into Lilligant when exposed to a Sun Stone. Curiously she appears as an enemy in Smash Run, a role usually reserved for more "villainous" Pokemon. She acts as a more mobile Belossom, scattering Sleep Powder to leave Smashers venerable.
[collapse="Chandelure"]

Chandelure (Pokemon Black/White, 2010)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Headcrab Jackalope

Chandelure (#609) is a Ghost/Fire type Pokémon first found in the Unova region. Its pre-evolutions are Litwick and Lampent, which are also based on light sources. Chandelure is known for burning up spirits and hypnotizing its unfortunate victims. While it is a decently popular 5th Generation Pokémon, most people felt it wasn't ideal for Smash, due to the lack of arms or legs. While it won't be a playable character, Chandelure will appear as an enemy in the Smash Run mode in Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS, marking its first appearance in a Super Smash Bros. game.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Monoeye"]

Monoeye (Kid Icarus, 1986)
Written by: @Admiral Pit

Monoeyes are among one of the most common and weakest Underworld enemies within the Kid Icarus franchise. Back then, they were known to fly around the screen (often in groups of 4), in which their only method of hurting Pit was to touch him. It only takes one arrow to defeat them.

In Kid Icarus: Uprising, the Monoeyes have been given the ability to shoot projectiles from their eye, and lose their ability to hurt Pit upon physical contact. The Monoeye also happens to be literally the first enemy seen in the game as opposed to the original Kid Icarus. They also have the ability to become the Monomiknose enemy (which appears in the later levels of Kid Icarus Uprising), consisting of 2 Monoeyes, a Mik, and a Specknose. In this form, the Monoeyes are still able to shoot projectiles from their eyes.
There is also an Aurum and Cellular form of the Monoeye in the later levels of Kid Icarus: Uprising, which still are as weak as the original despite having different looks.

For the Smash Bros. series, Monoeyes had no appearance in any way or form, although there is an enemy in SSBB's Subspace Emissary that look similar to them, known as the Feyesh. The Monoeye itself finally makes its actual debut in the Smash series as one of the many enemies in the new Smash Run mode, where they retain the ability to shoot projectiles from their eyes.
[/collapse][Collapse=Bonkers]

Bonkers (Kirby's Adventure, 1993)
Deconfirmed on 6/11/2014
Let's face it, Bonkers has been outclassed by Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight as candidates to become playable characters for a long time. However, there was still the rare selection of people supporting his inclusion however bleak his situation was.
Sadly he appears to be just a part of Smash Run now, but not everything is looking down for him! Not only has he been promoted from just a trophy and sticker in Brawl, but he's also a miniboss with more health than your standard waddle dee and a more defined attack pattern.
Godspeed, you glorious monkey. You may not be a character but you get to do what you're known for doing the most.[/collapse][collapse="Bulborb"]

Bulborb (Pikmin, 2001)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by Captain Olimar (@Headcrab Jackalope)

Olimar's Notes
Red Bulborb
Oculus kageyamii russus

" It seems that while I will be participating in yet another Smash Bros. tournament, I will be joined by what I would consider my nemesis, the Red Bulborb. However, instead of being in the actual tournament, I will have to face those vile Grub-Dogs in the Smash Run competition. From what I've heard, the Red Bulborbs were never likely picks for the tournament, but they were able to get chosen for this new challenge. It will be nice to watch some of the other fighters here battle them."-Captain Olimar

[/collapse][Collapse=Sneaky Spirit]

Sneaky Spirit (Rhythm Heaven Fever, 2011)
Disconfirmed June 11, 2014
by @ Opossum Opossum
Among the characters to get disconfirmed at Smash Fest was one that no one ever thought would be playable, but generated quite a bit of buzz regardless. The Sneaky Spirit, from Rhythm Heaven Fever, did just this. As you probably know, the Infamous Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak leaked the Chorus Men/Kids as playable characters for Super Smash Bros 4. As enemies in Smash Run seemingly only come from series with playable characters, this sparked a lot of discussion. In all, it's fitting that a ghost was added to the graveyard. I guess he could only take so many arrow shots...[/Collapse]
[collapse="Polar Bear"]

Polar Bear (Ice Climber, 1985)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @ Opossum Opossum

Among the casualties of the Smash Bros. Direct was an endangered species. Good job, guys. The thing that makes the Polar Bear notable is that he is the first element of the Ice Climber franchise to be shown, potentially confirming the appearance of the Tundra Team themselves. In Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, the Polar Bear appears as an enemy in Smash Run.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Met (Mega Man)"]

Mettaur/Met (Mega Man, 1987)
Disconfirmed 4/8/2014
Written by @Thekewlusername

Mets are the most reappearing enemy in the Megaman series. Being present in nearly all Classic Megaman games, The Megaman X series, the Megaman Zero series and even Battle Network and Star Force. These hard hat wearing robots can shoot projectiles out of their mouths and use their helmets for for projection in most incarnations. Though their are multiple variants of these eneimes, such as flying Mets, giant Mets, and fire Mets.

They can be compared to the Goombas of Mario or the Waddle Dees of Kirby. In that they have the most appearances among common foes, and are usually simple to deal with.

They do however, make an appearance in the recently confirmed Smash Run mode. As one of the many classic video game enemies you must face.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Poppant"]

Poppant (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 2008)
Disconfirmed 48/2014
Written by @Headcrab Jackalope

Poppants were rare enemies in the Subspace Army, and were also the cutest. Throwing gifts and running away were their main form of attack. Despite being nobody's pick for a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, they have received the honor of being one of the few Subspace Army members to return in the Smash Run mode, thus disconfirming them as playable characters.
[/collapse][/Collapse]

Please be respectful, and don't flame. Who knows, maybe YOU'RE next.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obituary Timeline
Compiled by @Swift Fox

June 11 - Conductor Link
June 11 - Redd, Dr. Shrunk, Gracie, Wendell, Saharah & Pelly
June 11 - The Yellow Devil
June 11 - Balloon Fighter
June 12 - Wii Balance Board
July 23 - Viridi
September 12 - Toad
October 18 - Xerneas
November 15 - Lubba
December 6 - Skull Kid
December 3 - Dark Lord
December 9 - Blue Shark
December 11 - Kapp'n
December 13 - Nintendogs
December 25 - Starfy

January 6 - Saria
January 9 - Shy Guy
January 15 - Ashley
January 24 - Alfonzo
February 5 - Palkia
February 7 - Mother Brain
February 8 - Dedenne
February 27 - Waluigi
March 3 - kotake and Koume
March 7 - The Kapp'n Family
March 7 - Tortimer
March 10 - Not-So-Little Mac
March 19 - Mabel, Able sisters, Nook Twins
March 21 - Phosphora
March 24 - Frillard, Dr. Shrunk's teacher, Labelle
March 24 - Cuccos
March 27 - Andross
April 4 - Isabelle
April 7 - Metroid

Smash Bros Direct
April 8 - Bulborb
April 8 - Chain Chomp
April 8 - Chandelure
April 8 - Dark Samus
April 8 - Devil
April 8 - Elec Man
April 8 - Fi
April 8 - Goomba
April 8 - Gordo
April 8 - Hammer Bro.
April 8 - King Kihunter
April 8 - Knuckle Joe
April 8 - Kritter
April 8 - Met
April 8 - Midna
April 8 - Monoeye
April 8 - Parasol Waddle Dee
April 8 - Polar Bear
April 8 - Poppant
April 8 - Pseudo-Palutena
April 8 - Saki Amamiya
April 8 - Samurai Goroh
April 8 - Sandbag
April 8 - Stalfos
April 8 - TAC
April 8 - Tiki
April 8 - Tom Nook
April 8 - Arceus
April 8 - Entei
April 8 - Bellossom
April 8 - Meloetta
April 8 - Meowth
April 8 - Eevee
April 8 - Victini
April 8 - Snivy
April 8 - Fennekin
April 8 - Keldeo
April 8 - Metagross
April 8 - Goldeen
April 8 - Gardevoir
April 8 - Electrode

Pre-E3 2014
April 9 - Mr. Saturn
May 2 - Dillon
May 7 - Wonder Red and the Wonderful 100

E3 and Smash Bros. Invitational
June 11 2014 - Magnus

Post-E3 2014 and Smash-Fest
June 11 - Bonkers
June 11 - Sneaky Spirit
July 14 - Chrom
July 28 - Takamaru

Obituary Pending
ASSIST TROPHIES
April 8 2014 - Dr. Wright
POKE BALL POKEMON
April 8 2014 - Chespin
April 8 2014 - Darkrai
April 8 2014 - Deoxys
April 8 2014 - Gogoat
April 8 2014 - Kyurem
April 8 2014 - Snorlax
April 8 2014 - Staryu
April 8 2014 - Zoroark
ITEMS AND TROPHIES
April 8 2014 - Bullet Bill
May 14 2014 - Brittany
July 14 2014 - Rayman
SMASH RUN ENEMIES
April 8 2014 - Lakitu
April 8 2014 - Mimicutie
April 8 2014 - Reaper
May 1 2014 - Orne
June 11 2014 - Koffing
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Paratroopa
Tiki Buzz
MOVES
December 26 2014 - Phantom Zelda (confirmed as Zelda's move on June 10)
OTHERS
February 13 2014 - Doc Louis
STAGE HAZARDS/STAGE ELEMENTS
June 26 2014 - Nabbit
July 25 2014 - Zapdos

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Uh! It is weird... but I notice that these deconfirmations occur once every three months... Balloon Fighter in June... Toad in September... Skull Kid in December... clearly there is going to be another sacrifice on March. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I recommend something to improve the thread...

Maybe put a picture of the deconfirmed character and a pic of how they are deconfirmed in the OP.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We had a thread like this pre-Brawl

in it, ROB was deconfirmed

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If I recommend something to improve the thread...

Maybe put a picture of the deconfirmed character and a pic of how they are deconfirmed in the OP.

I'll do that, thanks for the idea!

Hey, has anybody noticed every character was deconfirmed on Skyloft?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
APC99, you need to put these pictures from this post to the original post. :awesome:

The goddess Hylia has dire need for bloody sacrifices.
Yes... The goddess Hylia needs one sacrifice every solstice... Balloon Fighter was the Summer Solstice sacrifice... Toad was the Autumn Solstice sacrifice... Skull Kid was the Winter Solstice sacrifice... who will be the Spring Solstice sacrifice in March? :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Yes... The goddess Hylia needs one sacrifice every solstice... Balloon Fighter was the Summer Solstice sacrifice... Toad was the Autumn Solstice sacrifice... Skull Kid was the Winter Solstice sacrifice... who will be the Spring Solstice sacrifice in March? :troll:

Impa :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Clearly Impa is the one performing these bloody human sacrifices for her goddess Hylia to ensure a spot on the SSB4 roster... or was it Diddy Kong who is doing it for his waifu? What will his girlfriend Dixie Kong think about it? :troll:

loganhogan

Smash Ace

It's how she makes her beauty balm, keeps her face moisturized. The spring sacrifice will be none other than Impa for not using the eye wrinkles beauty cream. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Clearly Impa is the one performing these bloody human sacrifices for her goddess Hylia to ensure a spot on the SSB4 roster. :troll:

First, sacrifice the messenger of Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom. Then, a servant of the rival kingdom, and finally murder the innocent child, capable of evil. The only way to end this circle, is to kill people who know, the only one left being the assassin herself.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I take it back it won't be Impa, it needs to be something bigger!
What if someone thought they are sacrificing these innocent characters for the goddess Hylia when they are actually sacrificing for the cunning god of death Ridley? It reminds me of Dragon Quest VIII... :eek:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What if someone thought they are sacrificing these innocent characters for the goddess Hylia when they are actually sacrificing for the cunning god of death Ridley? It reminds me of Dragon Quest VIII... :eek:

Maybe it's Mewtwo, Palutena and Ridley combined taking their souls in return for entry?

loganhogan

Smash Ace

Thanatos is crying somewhere alone in a corner, god of death was a title that once belonged to him. If Ridley is the god of death, Zero Suit Samus = dead.

Maybe it's Mewtwo, Palutena and Ridley combined taking their souls in return for entry?

I like the way you think.

D

Deleted member

Here's some sad and fitting music for this thread:
With Assist Trophies getting revealed, things will probably get more sad. People's dreams will be crushed, hearts will be broken, and tears will be shed as some of our favorite characters might not make the cut.
Reveals will be shown that might upset us that the character we want didn't get in and their chances are lowered. When that happens, depression will ensue, hopes will be lost, and anger will arise.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We probably should make up a somber hymn about sacrificing characters for the goddess or something. :laugh:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Remember those fallen in battle
And if your friends will ever ask
Just tell them all about sacrifice
of the messenger, the mushroom, and the mask.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Hmm... plenty of other characters were technically 'deconfirmed' though.
Yellow Devil, Xerneas, Lubba, Dark Lord - heck, even Rush, Lloid or Olimar's Pikmin could be considered deconfirmed.
Nobody expected/wanted these characters, but nonetheless, we have received confirmation that they will not be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hmm... plenty of other characters were technically 'deconfirmed' though.
Yellow Devil, Xerneas, Lubba, Dark Lord - heck, even Rush, Lloyd or Olimar's Pikmin could be considered deconfirmed.
Nobody expected/wanted these characters, but nonetheless, we have received confirmation that they will not be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.

I'm considering only adding characters who have had large support over the years, or are popular/ common choices. Balloon Fighter, Skull Kid and Toad all fall under this category.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
APC99, you should probably collapse the pictures in the original post in case we get more deconfirmations... collapse them individually for each character...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So basically we've reached that point in the novel/comic/show/game/whatever where characters start getting killed off and the tone becomes darker fast enough to give you whiplash.

So when the game is actually released and the full roster is known, do we just dump every other Nintendo character into the graveyard in some sort of population bottle necking mass death?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So basically we've reached that point in the novel/comic/show/game/whatever the plot where characters start getting killed off and the tone becomes darker fast enough to give you whiplash.

So when the game is actually released and the full roster is known, do we just dump every other Nintendo character into the graveyard in some sort of population bottle necking mass death?

I suppose we make up a collage of Nintendo characters in GIMP, and leave it here as a reminder, then re-post it in the official SSB5 Character Discussion whenever it comes up.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I suppose we make up a collage of Nintendo characters in GIMP, and leave it here as a reminder, then re-post it in the official SSB5 Character Discussion whenever it comes up.
NEVER FORGET!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Great idea APC.

I'm personally glad Skull Kid made it into Samsh in at least some form. Fingers crossed for an upcoming 3DS remake of Majora's Mask.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Do you guys think this thread should be stickied? It's just about as useful as most of the others, and will let people on the boards know about any recent deconfirmations and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom