• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I still find the hidden assist trophies to be the most curious. There is no reason for them to still be hidden in this game, even out of some weird, completely unnecessary deference to "tradition".

And I don't know about Barbara's series, but Golden Sun, Wars and Custom Robo are all well-deserving of spots on the roster. I wish I had some understanding of why Sakurai chose those ATs to be the hidden ones.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I still find the hidden assist trophies to be the most curious. There is no reason for them to still be hidden in this game, even out of some weird, completely unnecessary deference to "tradition".

And I don't know about Barbara's series, but Golden Sun, Wars and Custom Robo are all well-deserving of spots on the roster. I wish I had some understanding of why Sakurai chose those ATs to be the hidden ones.
Exactly! And that is why I feel that we are going to see some more assist trophies in the few days, except Isaac who will be playable, and now looking at the way of things, secretly playable. I just hope upon unlocking him we get an epic trailer or if characters are spotpass locked to keep the hype going, we see him in a reveal trailer before the Wii U version launch.

Sakurai posted this picture on purpose to build the hype! Can't wait to fight Isaac as Isaac in the 2001 timezone, when he was introduced to the Nintendo lineup!

Today I was listening to various Golden Sun music and it has me all hyped up for playable Isaac in Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

Sorry I didn't post in the "Rate your Chances" thread yesterday, but if I had, I would've given the 100%.

Also, the fact that the lock doesn't mean "you cannot play this" but instead "you aren't fighting everybody" means that we WILL be getting more characters than what was leaked! This is colossal news, and gives Isaac more hope. I mean, hasn't there been anybody else who has survived wave after wave of deconfirmations and still held on like him?

And, a few days ago I mentioned Pikmin and Brawl, and let me state that I knew there was a lot of discussion about Olimar, but they didn't reveal it until the game was launched, in case I forgot to reply. I'm sure Isaac and Golden Sun will get the same treatment.

Exactly! And that is why I feel that we are going to see some more assist trophies in the few days, except Isaac who will be playable, and now looking at the way of things, secretly playable. I just hope upon unlocking him we get an epic trailer or if characters are spotpass locked to keep the hype going, we see him in a reveal trailer before the Wii U version launch.
Sakurai posted this picture on purpose to build the hype! Can't wait to fight Isaac as Isaac in the 2001 timezone, when he was introduced to the Nintendo lineup!
Today I was listening to various Golden Sun music and it has me all hyped up for playable Isaac in Sm4sh!
I know it's unlikely, but I'm hoping Tunnel Ruins has a track in the Wii U version. If Isaac is playable and he has a stage, I know Isaac's Battle Theme will be one of the tracks.

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
I suppose it's a case of the glass being half full or half empty.

Ladies and Gents, a little lesson to live by in life... The glass is ALWAYS half full! The second you start thinking it's half empty, you've lost the battle.

#isaac4sm4sh

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And, a few days ago I mentioned Pikmin and Brawl, and let me state that I knew there was a lot of discussion about Olimar, but they didn't reveal it until the game was launched, in case I forgot to reply. I'm sure Isaac and Golden Sun will get the same treatment.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote here, that is false. Pikmin & Olimar was one of the characters revealed pre-launch. I remember it clear as day, although I know it was closer to release than others, like December or something.

Ladies and Gents, a little lesson to live by in life... The glass is ALWAYS half full! The second you start thinking it's half empty, you've lost the battle.

#isaac4sm4sh
Yet, what I said was not in response to optimism, it was in response to posts stating "This CONFIRMS that there are more characters", which many, many here (not just in this topic) have all of the sudden taken as the gospel truth with this update, and that isn't optimism. It's being certain of something that simply still isn't confirmed.

I REALLY hope that there are more characters, in fact it will be crushing if there isn't, but I'm not jumping on the "more characters confirmed" bandwagon just yet. There is no confirmation... as I said too much grey area. Sure, this update could have been Sakurai saying "Don't worry everyone, there is more", but that's just mere speculation in of itself too.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Wow I just noticed your post. That is why I am not editing my previous post and posting a separate reply.

That is not our only argument. Isaac has been one of the most demanded characters consistently till Brawl. There was a point where was asked for even more than Shulk, whose popularity skyrocketed since the Gematsu leak. Many people on the Shulk thread have not even played Xenoblade Chronicles but have it on their to play list. Isaac was also the 2nd most demanded character who was also an assist trophy in Brawl, after Little Mac. Little Mac got in the game whereas Isaac has been missing.

The other assist trophies that you mentioned are nowhere as popular as Isaac or Little Mac, nor as much demanded either. We are not hopeful just because he hasn't been revealed as an AT but due to his immense diversity, potential moveset, poster boy status of one of the best games + signature game of GBA as well as other reasons that we have already mentioned before.

Don't just assume that is the only reason we think he can be a character. We have already discussed this before so no need to make us "think again"
Wow, I really didn't think that he was that popular of a character. And now I know that Sakurai knows that people want him to get the Little Mac Treatment. But I fear that the only reason Little Mac got In was because he was a retro character. Now Isaac is a retro character but only from the early 2000's. But like I said he is second-in-line for being playable. But I'm worried that the others will just be forgotten because of how there are already 33 AT's and there were 27 in brawl.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Wow, I really didn't think that he was that popular of a character. And now I know that Sakurai knows that people want him to get the Little Mac Treatment. But I fear that the only reason Little Mac got In was because he was a retro character. Now Isaac is a retro character but only from the early 2000's. But like I said he is second-in-line for being playable. But I'm worried that the others will just be forgotten because of how there are already 33 AT's and there were 27 in brawl.
Glad to see that you understand our sentiments now. Golden Sun may slowly be becoming dormant and it has declined considerably, but it still has a fanbase large enough to make Isaac the 4th or 5th most demanded character since Brawl. No reveals related to Golden Sun may be dimming our hope but it is much better than outright disconfirmation.

I don't think that they will be removing other ATs though. They will come eventually but Isaac stands the closest chance to become playable after Little Mac.

All of us here want him to get the Little Mac treatment. Isaac has technically become "retro" since the release of GBA games on Wii U Virtual Console but is not nearly as old as Little Mac was. Although both series have gotten games recently, with Little Mac getting Punch Out! Wii whereas Isaac was not exactly playable but a guest character during the intro of GS: Dark Dawn on Nintendo DS.

Now it is getting more likely, especially after Sakurai's PoTD (in my opinion), that Isaac could be a secret character. But it will be amazing if he is revealed as playable in an epic reveal trailer like what other newcomers got, since Isaac may have become more obscure than before, but he is still no slouch and is potentially one of the most diverse characters who could be added to the game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
if Sakurai is still looking for "New franchises", there's really not much elsewhere to look.
Rythm Heaven?
Sin & Punishment? (already convinced myself is not happening this time either)
Golden Sun? (I know it's technically a 10 year old franchise, but revivals HAVE to count)

...anything else? Assuming we're not just getting more characters from franchises already present.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
^^Everybody seems to be counting on a Rhythm Heaven character. Which I'm just a little confused about because I have never heard of that series ever. I'll just say, if there really are more characters, I'm hoping that the slot many have reserved for Chorus Men or whatever was given to Isaac instead (if such a slot is there to begin with, which it may not be... It may be all veterans that are left with one newcomer).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really don't care about Rythm Heaven or one of its characters, but apparently it's a big deal in Japan (and it made its way to the west) so I wouldn't completely rule out the opportunity.
A leaker said Chorus Men was cut early in development (much like Chrom), but now with today's PotD I don't know what to expect anymore.

I personally don't care about RH. I much rather Isaac gets a spot since he came first.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for Isaac to get in. Also, I don't really care about RH, but if we get a representative from the series, I think it would be Karate Joe, because if the Ice Climbers can be cut because it may be difficult to have 8 characters fighting at once in the 3DS, then how the hell are they going to make 12 characters fight at once?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Is it bad that I don't remember much of the DD plot? (not even how it ended)._. Which I played less than a year ago.
But I do remember the ending of TLA which I completed for the first and only time 5 years ago?
I'm the same, I barely remember anything (locations, events, music) in DD and it wasn't even that long since I played it. I never even understood what the deal was with the black hole thingies.

And yeah, I remember most of the story, characters, locations, music from GS/TLA, and I haven't played it in ages. I guess that's what differentiates a classic. Embarrass

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
^^Everybody seems to be counting on a Rhythm Heaven character. Which I'm just a little confused about because I have never heard of that series ever. I'll just say, if there really are more characters, I'm hoping that the slot many have reserved for Chorus Men or whatever was given to Isaac instead (if such a slot is there to begin with, which it may not be... It may be all veterans that are left with one newcomer).
To be honest, I had never heard of Rhythm Heaven before I came to Smashboards either. And I don't see what the hype is about even if they are a big thing in Japan. The Chorus Men are blobby stick figures, no offense to any fans of the series but that is how I see it. Plus if Sakurai is having a hard time getting 2 people i.e. Ice Climbers to work, how will he make the Chorus Men work?

And I really don't care about RH either.

I personally don't care about RH. I much rather Isaac gets a spot since he came first.
Exactly! Isaac came first and has been in the line since when! I don't mind Robin or Shulk but it get slightly annoying to me when people say that those 2 have filled the slots that Isaac could have had and what they wanted i.e. Robin being magic swordsman and Shulk having buff/debuff, and that they don't really care about Isaac anymore.

He came first and he had those perks to him before those 2 even existed. He is a 2001 protagonist, an adept who has had these awesome mechanics almost a decade before Shulk and definitely a decade before Robin. Plus even if Robin and Shulk might be similar to what Isaac could have been, he has so much unfulfilled potential which if tapped into would still EASILY differentiate him from the other 2.

Isaac definitely deserves a roster based on Golden Sun 1 and 2's performances alone! No matter if he did not have a playable role in DD and Dark Dawn was a considerable let-down compared to the other 2. He has been waiting for so long and has hundreds of potential movesets! I don't see how he can be overlooked in preference to others.

Golden Sun was the game that really got me into RPGs and still ranks as my favourite game ever! And obviously favourite RPG! And it is not just nostalgia that makes me love the game but even when I replay it again, I still love the various aspects of the game. The Djinn, summons, psynergy manipulating the environment, puzzles, the story, everything!

He is an amazing character from an amazing game and definitely needs to be in Smash! I am still by his side, and feel that he is in the game or will be added as DLC.

Here's to playable Isaac in Sm4sh!

I'm the same, I barely remember anything (locations, events, music) in DD and it wasn't even that long since I played it. I never even understood what the deal was with the black hole thingies.

And that is why Isaac should get a spot based on his previous GBA titles alone. Even if you don't look at DD. It is not like other franchises with no new games are not in the SSB4 roster.
And yeah, I remember most of the story, characters, locations, music from GS/TLA, and I haven't played it in ages. I guess that's what differentiates a classic. Embarrass
That is why Isaac should get a spot based on the GBA games alone.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Today PotD really confirm that there more characters!
Im kinda worry that golden sun is not getting represtation in smash bros.
But Shulk don't have anything in smash bros UNTIL they reveal him! Xenoblade things here, there and below, and golden sun need this treatment and Little Mac treatment.
C'mon Isaac, Your ma boi, and he better be in, I buy even the virtual console just because I gonna prove I support Isaac for real!

Rhythmn Heaven is a reall goodseries, I like and love more than Star fox and even major nintendo franchise, I really want a Rhythmn Heaven characters in the game very deep, especially Karate Joe for Smash. You should try play, he feels like your playing warioware with longer games and rhythmn all the times.(After all, Warioware developer made this game too and that why Warioware world is conected with Rhythmn Heaven world. Yes I own Rhythmn heaven DS and Rhythmn heaven Fever.)
Even I love Rhythmn heaven reps. in smash! I STILL WANT MORE ISAAC, NOW IS MY MOST WANTED! ISAAC FOR SMASH4!!!!!!!!!!!! (because Shulk confirmed.)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Today PotD really confirm that there more characters!
Im kinda worry that golden sun is not getting represtation in smash bros.
But Shulk don't have anything in smash bros UNTIL they reveal him! Xenoblade things here, there and below, and golden sun need this treatment and Little Mac treatment.
C'mon Isaac, Your ma boi, and he better be in, I buy even the virtual console just because I gonna prove I support Isaac for real!

Rhythmn Heaven is a reall goodseries, I like and love more than Star fox and even major nintendo franchise, I really want a Rhythmn Heaven characters in the game very deep, especially Karate Joe for Smash. You should try play, he feels like your playing warioware with longer games and rhythmn all the times.(After all, Warioware developer made this game too and that why Warioware world is conected with Rhythmn Heaven world. Yes I own Rhythmn heaven DS and Rhythmn heaven Fever.)
Even I love Rhythmn heaven reps. in smash! I STILL WANT MORE ISAAC, NOW IS MY MOST WANTED! ISAAC FOR SMASH4!!!!!!!!!!!! (because Shulk confirmed.)
I might try the Rhythm Heaven games later. But first Isaac for Sm4sh is a must.

Well Shulk didn't have anything revealed in Smash 4 till his reveal BUT he has been mentioned in almost every leak so far including the latest ESRB leak which is now regarded to be true. So you can't say Shulk didn't have anything before his reveal.

I don't think the Rhythm Heavens are bad games, just that the Chorus Men look really weird AND that Isaac deserves a spot before them considering his game was out much before and he already has 100s of movesets compared to characters from a Rhythm based game, and thus I definitely want Isaac over any of Rhythm Heaven reps. Glad to see you support Isaac more! :)

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I just wanted to show you my cool thing! :D (Golden Sun related, but off-topic-esque from Smash)

In case you're wondering what did I just post, it's Golden Sun: TLA on a TV, in a Super Famicom. The GBA cartridge is snapped into a "GBA-SFC adapter" which goes on the very SFC. The result: The player (me) can play on the TV with the Super Famicom controller. And let me tell you, it looks VERY good for a scaled GBA game (and sounds equally as good)

No computer required, no emulator, no additional controllers, and you can directly use the original cartridge! :love:

When I'm done with the first game this is how I'm playing the second one. I'd like to continue the first game like this but I've played for about 5 and a half hours on my phone (just acquired force) and can't port my save to my cartridge.

Cool, huh? :bee:

An epic adventure, now in a bigger format!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hey guys, I just wanted to show you my cool thing! :D (Golden Sun related, but off-topic-esque from Smash)

In case you're wondering what did I just post, it's Golden Sun: TLA on a TV, in a Super Famicom. The GBA cartridge is snapped into a "GBA-SFC adapter" which goes on the very SFC. The result: The player (me) can play on the TV with the Super Famicom controller. And let me tell you, it looks VERY good for a scaled GBA game (and sounds equally as good)

No computer required, no emulator, no additional controllers, and you can directly use the original cartridge! :love:

When I'm done with the first game this is how I'm playing the second one. I'd like to continue the first game like this but I've played for about 5 and a half hours on my phone (just acquired force) and can't port my save to my cartridge.

Cool, huh? :bee:
That is cool. Nice way to play Golden Sun: TLA!

Guess I better continue on my TLA playthrough before I get distracted by games such as Xenoblade, Crisis Core and whatnot.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Already began Xenoblade. This has to be by far one of the most complex RPG battle systems ever. (I'll still take Golden Sun any day). The story looks awesome though.

But I envy the idea of playing Golden Sun on big screen TV and with no emulation required.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I actually have a RetroN5, which plays GBA games and has HDMI output. Coincidentally, it can use NES and SNES controllers!

I'm gonna try playing my original GS cartridge there and see how it compares to the Wii U VC. :p

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Already began Xenoblade. This has to be by far one of the most complex RPG battle systems ever. (I'll still take Golden Sun any day). The story looks awesome though.

But I envy the idea of playing Golden Sun on big screen TV and with no emulation required.
Yea I started Xenoblade and it seems pretty cool but I still love the classical turn based RPG gameplay the GS series offers. Although I have already played the 2 games numerous times so the call of other games is still large.

I love GS1 the most so usually I am not distracted away from it but can't say the same for GS2. But I still love both games, more than DD definitely. As well as most other RPGs I have played.

I actually have a RetroN5, which plays GBA games and has HDMI output. Coincidentally, it can use NES and SNES controllers!

I'm gonna try playing my original GS cartridge there and see how it compares to the Wii U VC. :p
Cool! Tell us how it turns out later!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, the latest PotD shows the All-Star Mode and according to Sakurai, you can play it right away, HOWEVER, the lock indicates that it is incomplete until you unlock all characters.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl_p3bbig

Does this confirm that there really are more characters that we don't know yet finally? If so, YES!!! Please let Isaac be one of them!
I still say that if Isaac wasn't playable, he would've been shown as an AT a long time ago. I don't care about the arbitrary notion that he was unlockable before, it doesn't matter.

Yes, exactly right. I think Sakurai is PURPOSELY holding back the hidden AT's because he promoted at least one to playable character. Advance Wars could potentially get a stage or a character (albeit its a tad bit unlikely at this point), and Custom Robo was another fairly popular request, even though the series didn't sell that well. The best-selling series of the unlockable AT's by far (barring third-party obviously) is Golden Sun.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I still say that if Isaac wasn't playable, he would've been shown as an AT a long time ago. I don't care about the arbitrary notion that he was unlockable before, it doesn't matter.

Yes, exactly right. I think Sakurai is PURPOSELY holding back the hidden AT's because he promoted at least one to playable character. Advance Wars could potentially get a stage or a character (albeit its a tad bit unlikely at this point), and Custom Robo was another fairly popular request, even though the series didn't sell that well. The best-selling series of the unlockable AT's by far (barring third-party obviously) is Golden Sun.
Not to forget most demanded as well. Out of the remaining ATs that were hidden in Brawl, Isaac is probably the most demanded as well as the protagonist of the most selling series, first party.

I agree with your other points though as there really is no reason to keep those previous assist trophies hidden anymore and probably one of them, most likely Isaac, has been promoted to playable status just like Little Mac. That fact is just hidden from us now. I really like the latest optimism on this thread.

Not much more long to go guys. We will soon get our playable Isaac in Smash 4! :)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not to forget most demanded as well. Out of the remaining ATs that were hidden in Brawl, Isaac is probably the most demanded as well as the protagonist of the most selling series, first party.

I agree with your other points though as there really is no reason to keep those previous assist trophies hidden anymore and probably one of them, most likely Isaac, has been promoted to playable status just like Little Mac. That fact is just hidden from us now. I really like the latest optimism on this thread.

Not much more long to go guys. We will soon get our playable Isaac in Smash 4! :)
Exactly. I think there's 5-6 more characters at this point:

Wolf, Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Isaac, and Dixie Kong or Impa. If there's only five, Dixie Kong or Impa is the one left out here.

I don't think the "sixth" row will get expanded at all. Even then, the only character I can see being added to that row is Isaac (he could be counted as second party, even though he's fully owned by Nintendo).

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I think the "Trophy Quiz theory" has merit, so I do think there are Metroid (Ridley/Sylux) and Zelda (Impa) newcomers left. Whether they use K Rool or Dixie for a DK Rep is dependent on how much effort they want to put into the new series reps. They can easily just make all of them clones. Hopefully they're not going to get lazy with the remaining characters. We've already got enough clones in the game.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I think the "Trophy Quiz theory" has merit, so I do think there are Metroid (Ridley/Sylux) and Zelda (Impa) newcomers left. Whether they use K Rool or Dixie for a DK Rep is dependent on how much effort they want to put into the new series reps. They can easily just make all of them clones. Hopefully they're not going to get lazy with the remaining characters. We've already got enough clones in the game.
Wrong thread?

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
There are only 11 days left for the Japanese reveal, so we will soon enough get more trailers and hopefully, Isaac would be in one of those. Also, if he doesn't make the initial cut, let's hope for DLC.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

So it's like a sort of Super Game Boy ADVANCE console?
I REALLY want to have this... I'll probably be able to finally play Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3 without the annoying framerate loss every single GBA emulator has given me when playing them. (Not to mention, I can still use my original save files, which I worked my hat off to unlock everything).

And naturally... playing GS1 and GS2, Metroid Fusion (wish I had ZM as well), and other lovely GBA games I still own.

GBA is hands down my favorite handheld.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There are only 11 days left for the Japanese reveal, so we will soon enough get more trailers and hopefully, Isaac would be in one of those. Also, if he doesn't make the initial cut, let's hope for DLC.
Nah, I don't think Isaac will appear in any trailers before release, but he can easily be an unlockable playable character. If we were to get a trailer before release, I'd say it would be K. Rool due to his global popularity. Isaac is too unique and has too much potential to be ignored (so naturally, if he is just an AT again he should've been shown a LONG time ago), but he's also not as popular as he once was, so he's probably a secret character.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
Hey guys! I'm completely new to this thread and I just wanted to say that i'm still believing in Isaac as a newcomer and I am in FULL support!!!!

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I recently came across the theory that I think has some flaws, but most of them are really good. I just wanna know what you guys think! It's called "SSB4 Theory!! Isaac in SSB4?! - SSC" on YouTube.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I recently came across the theory that I think has some flaws, but most of them are really good. I just wanna know what you guys think! It's called "SSB4 Theory!! Isaac in SSB4?! - SSC" on YouTube.
Well, I think a certain someone has already seen and commented it, lol.

The video pretty much sums all our arguments. It makes me sad that people are disregarding them in the comments section :( (Mostly Ridley and Mewtwo fans since the video says Sakurai teased them both not being playable, which is true)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I saw the video pop up in my dash, but I don't think I've watched it. I might consider watching it again.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So Speed made an interesting comment in the Potential Roster forum. They got into a discussion about how Melee had "?" on the locked characters. What if that "?" on the leaked roster is actually a locked character? Just something to think about. I know I haven't yet.

Yeah, I saw that Isaac theory too. It was a good one. Still, it really makes you wonder. If Isaac really is playable, Nintendo, Camelot and Sakurai are doing an amazing job of keeping him hidden. If I recall, Camelot did pretty well keeping DD hidden from everyone until they thought it was ready for E3 2010. Which caught us all by surprised both good and bad. So yeah, I don't know at this point.

I've begun to accept what the roster (including leaked characters) has to offer and I just hope there are more characters left and that Isaac is in there and if he is, the roster will truly feel perfect to me. He will truly bring what others don't have. He will definitely be in my main 3 group: Link (1st party), Isaac(2nd party) and Sonic(3rd party). See what I did there? Haha!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hey guys! I'm completely new to this thread and I just wanted to say that i'm still believing in Isaac as a newcomer and I am in FULL support!!!!
All supporters are welcome.

Especially if they're also Persona fans (what's the source of your sig image?).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So Speed made an interesting comment in the Potential Roster forum. They got into a discussion about how Melee had "?" on the locked characters. What if that "?" on the leaked roster is actually a locked character? Just something to think about. I know I haven't yet.

Yeah, I saw that Isaac theory too. It was a good one. Still, it really makes you wonder. If Isaac really is playable, Nintendo, Camelot and Sakurai are doing an amazing job of keeping him hidden. If I recall, Camelot did pretty well keeping DD hidden from everyone until they thought it was ready for E3 2010. Which caught us all by surprised both good and bad. So yeah, I don't know at this point.

I've begun to accept what the roster (including leaked characters) has to offer and I just hope there are more characters left and that Isaac is in there and if he is, the roster will truly feel perfect to me. He will truly bring what others don't have. He will definitely be in my main 3 group: Link (1st party), Isaac(2nd party) and Sonic(3rd party). See what I did there? Haha!
Nah, highly doubtful. The ? is Random, we've seen the starting roster and no ? at all except Random.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Yea Dark Dawn was a pleasant surprise when announced, too bad the game was not much of a pleasant surprise.

Nintendo is doing a pretty good job hiding Isaac from all eyes considering he hasn't been mentioned in 90% of the leaks/rumours at all. That is what makes it likely that he probably is a secretly unlockable character or what some of us are thinking, not included on disk on 3DS and will be added as a free patch so that the hype is not fully killed when the 3DS version comes out and there are characters to look forward to in the Wii U version.

Isaac is still technically first party though considering all of his rights are owned by Nintendo and not Camelot.

I am still looking forward to unlocking him or just getting an epic reveal trailer for him. I want to see the Golden Sun rise again!

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
If there's an official statement or press release confirming that there will be DLC characters for Smash (because there has been no final statement yet), absolutely. Otherwise, no, I don't want to rise hopes up again after a disconfirmation only for them to be smashed.

Top Bottom