• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Your bias is showing BluePikmin11. Dr. Mario was a Puzzle game introduced in the NES era. Dr. Mario has more history with Nintendo, but not his importance.

Panel De Pon is the main puzzle game series from Nintendo, not Dr. Mario.

Dr. Mario is Mario in a Doctor suit who got a playable spot in Melee.

Isaac is from the Golden Sun series that brought new light and capabilities to the RPG franchise. It was also critically acclaimed as one of the best RPGs.

Dr. Mario is a puzzle game series.
Look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Mario
Dr. Mario received positive reception, appearing on several "Best Nintendo Games of All Time" lists. The game was either ported, remade, or has had a sequel on every Nintendo home console since the NES as well as most portable consoles, including a re-release in 2004 on the Game Boy Advance as part of theClassic NES Series.
It also has been getting great reception too. :p
This is not Dr. Mario vs. Isaac though, so let's stop this argument please.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Mario

It also has been getting great reception too. :p
This is not Dr. Mario vs. Isaac though, so let's stop this argument please.
Then you should not have brought it up.

This is not about reception really, but how the series exist.

Dr. Mario is basically a Puzzle series , but not the main one, Panel De Pon is.

Golden Sun is the handheld RPG, besides Pokemon, that Nintendo is known for.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I just... I grew up with fantastic RPGs. Most of which were on Nintendo systems. Nintendo may not have made a ton of them themselves, but they were partners with some of the best in the business, and the SNES was the console for great RPGs. Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Lufia, Ys, Tales of Phantasia, Link to the Past, Tactics Ogre... That's just naming a handful.

Then, when I was in high school, I came across this little gem of a game for a console that was fast becoming my go-to gaming platform. It was called Golden Sun. It was a new game, but it didn't feel like one. It tied back to all the little things I loved about RPGs as I grew up. It was as classical a game as you could get. I was adventuring, exploring, meeting new characters, solving puzzles... It was utterly fantastic.

By abandoning Golden Sun, I can't help but feel that Nintendo would be abandoning that long and rich heritage. Xenoblade may be a great game, but it is a very different beast from those classic greats that dominated in the Golden Age of RPGs.

Don't forget your history, Nintendo. Don't forget Golden Sun. Please.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Then you should not have brought it up.

This is not about reception really, but how the series exist.

Dr. Mario is basically a Puzzle series , but not the main one, Panel De Pon is.

Golden Sun is the handheld RPG, besides Pokemon, that Nintendo is known for.
Then what are proving then, what do you mean by a series existing? @-@

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That you should not have brought this conversation up when it serves no merit.

Series existing is based upon what the series covers and if it is the main Franchise for a certain genre.

Seeing as how Panel De Pon is the Puzzle Genre for Nintendo, Dr. Mario's importance is not as huge as you make it to be.

Golden Sun may not be Nintendo's main RPG series, but it is the Definitive Classical RPG series that Nintendo owns that no other Nintendo RPG covers. In blunt terms, Golden Sun is the old-school type RPG that Nintendo owns.

D

Deleted member

It may be too early to say this, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic here...

I just can't believe that Golden Sun apparently didn't even get a 3DS stage. I really liked the idea of having a 3DS and Wii U version with separate stages for that reason: Getting a bunch of stages that we wouldn't get otherwise. But even with a portable SSB made specifically to better cater to portable iterations/series Golden Sun still isn't even worthy of a mere stage?

It is no joke when so many members in here worry about Golden Sun being flat out forgotten. Golden Sun gets a new title and receives little (or possibly even no) new representation, while Kid Icarus gets a new title and gets two whole new characters and a great amount of other kinds of content.

(I know I harp on the KI representation a lot, but it is absurd how much bias went toward it in this game and I will never be able to look at Sakurai the same ever again)
Can't say I don't agree with ya here. Though, Dark Pit > Medusa is something I do not like. At all. The Queen of the Underworld is more interesting than Pit With Alternate Palette And Sour Attitude.

I won't lie... I'm still feeling awful disappointed right now, even if it's not the end all, be all. I thought Shulk was going to be part of the "rest of the group" reveal, but he has his own full trailer with a stage and even the snide Metal Head taunting him at the end.

One problem is that it almost feels as if Nintendo and Sakurai are playing favorites by emphasizing the newer IPs over old ones. I'm sure F-Zero fans feel this way, as well. So, while I am sorta taking the pessimistic fans' comments a bit hard, I can understand most of their points of view and view their comments as valid.

Another problem is that you don't want to express your disappointment and have it sound like "I HATE SHULK!!!!11". I mean, human nature results in us taking disappointment rather poorly, especially if it's something we hold true and dearly, so if a few of us sound like we took it to the gut, that's the way it is. I'm glad for the Shulk fans, and I would've loved to play Xenoblade, but I never have gotten into home console RPGs, and I'm irritated that the 3DS port requires the overclocked 3DS to play. It took me a long time to get my plain ol' 3DS, who in spite of being dropped a few times, gotten wet in the rain, and had a bad Micro SD adapter placed in it, still works like clockwork.

Plus, I gotta apoligize for accidentally inducing hype yesterday. Didn't expect the announcement to focus entirely around the Xenoblade port.

But, it's not over until it's over. Sakurai has brought down a lot of would-be chances, but the lack of Isaac can still go either way. Let's hope it's to the positive, and if it's the worst... well, at least we can be comforted by the fact that Move is still invincible.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Just forget it. What I meant, initially, was that although Dr. Mario is older than Isaac, he is basically Mario in a Doctor Suit and will most likely a clone. He would be a better option as a Mario costume with slightly altered animations. Not a separate slot which should go to a worthy newcomer.

Can't say I don't agree with ya here. Though, Dark Pit > Medusa is something I do not like. At all. The Queen of the Underworld is more interesting than Pit With Alternate Palette And Sour Attitude.

I won't lie... I'm still feeling awful disappointed right now, even if it's not the end all, be all. I thought Shulk was going to be part of the "rest of the group" reveal, but he has his own full trailer with a stage and even the snide Metal Head taunting him at the end.

One problem is that it almost feels as if Nintendo and Sakurai are playing favorites by emphasizing the newer IPs over old ones. I'm sure F-Zero fans feel this way, as well. So, while I am sorta taking the pessimistic fans' comments a bit hard, I can understand most of their points of view and view their comments as valid.

Another problem is that you don't want to express your disappointment and have it sound like "I HATE SHULK!!!!11". I mean, human nature results in us taking disappointment rather poorly, especially if it's something we hold true and dearly, so if a few of us sound like we took it to the gut, that's the way it is. I'm glad for the Shulk fans, and I would've loved to play Xenoblade, but I never have gotten into home console RPGs, and I'm irritated that the 3DS port requires the overclocked 3DS to play. It took me a long time to get my plain ol' 3DS, who in spite of being dropped a few times, gotten wet in the rain, and had a bad Micro SD adapter placed in it, still works like clockwork.

Plus, I gotta apoligize for accidentally inducing hype yesterday. Didn't expect the announcement to focus entirely around the Xenoblade port.

But, it's not over until it's over. Sakurai has brought down a lot of would-be chances, but the lack of Isaac can still go either way. Let's hope it's to the positive, and if it's the worst... well, at least we can be comforted by the fact that Move is still invincible.
Disappointment is a part of life. But we are still not completely disappointed as that reveal did nothing to deter our hopes for Isaac. No need to apologize, we would have hyped up GS4 even if you hadn't.

You are right that it is not over. Not yet. Probably not till his legendary reveal :p Let's keep our spirits high and keep our hope going!

I just... I grew up with fantastic RPGs. Most of which were on Nintendo systems. Nintendo themselves may not have made a ton of them themselves, but they were partners with some of the best in the business, and the SNES was the console for great RPGs. Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Lufia, Ys, Tales of Phantasia, Link to the Past, Tactics Ogre... That's just naming a handful.

Then, when I was in high school, I came across this little gem of a game for a console that was fast becoming my go-to gaming platform. It was called Golden Sun. It was a new game, but it didn't feel like one. It tied back to all the little things I loved about RPGs as I grew up. It was as classical a game as you could get. I was adventuring, exploring, meeting new characters, solving puzzles... It was utterly fantastic.

By abandoning Golden Sun, I can't help but feel that Nintendo would be abandoning that long and rich heritage. Xenoblade may be a great game, but it is a very different beast from those classic greats that dominated in the Golden Age of RPGs.

Don't forget your history, Nintendo. Don't forget Golden Sun. Please.
Exactly! It was how it was a new game that created its own identity by incorporating many elements of older RPGs. Like Nintendo itself, it was not the first at many things but it definitely innovated what it brought to the table while adding its own twist. I could go around a marvelous world while following the villians, solving puzzles and meeting characters. Plus mind reading all of them! Some people had really weird thoughts, some were homage to other icons and most of them were plain funny!

Golden Sun is very different from Xenoblade. It was more of a classical RPG rather than the different beasts of today. It is the only classical RPG that Nintendo owns like @ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon said, plus a legendary game at that, not mediocre but awesome!

I agree with you. I will repeat what you said but in a more affirmative light!

Remember your history, Nintendo. Remember Golden Sun.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That you should not have brought this conversation up when it serves no merit.

Series existing is based upon what the series covers and if it is the main Franchise for a certain genre.

Seeing as how Panel De Pon is the Puzzle Genre for Nintendo, Dr. Mario's importance is not as huge as you make it to be.

Golden Sun may not be Nintendo's main RPG series, but it is the Definitive Classical RPG series that Nintendo owns that no other Nintendo RPG covers. In blunt terms, Golden Sun is the old-school type RPG that Nintendo owns.
I really think the the type of genres thing you mentioned means bull and nothing towards a characters inclusion. It's not even part of Sakurai's 4 pieces of criteria. I'm done arguing with you buddy, I just don't understand how you can call those kinds of reasons as merits.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If it makes you feel any better for Isaac, I was watching the Shulk trailer a few times and noticed something interesting at the end. Remember how we were talking about how the Copyright list of companies would appear on the box art? Well, MONOLITHSOFT finally showed up in the list now. That means that not all companies are shown there yet. Then again, it's pretty obvious. :p
If Camelot is in there, they will not be shown till Isaac is revealed. So, there's my 2 cents.

What is scary though, Shulk's reveal could have been the last one in order to put MONOLITHSOFT on the list before the release of the 3DS. :ohwell:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I really think the the type of genres thing you mentioned means bull and nothing towards a characters inclusion. It's not even part of Sakurai's 4 pieces of criteria. I'm done arguing with you buddy, I just don't understand how you can call those kinds of reasons as merits.
You disagree with them, that is your choice. That does not discredit them.

In response to bold: Again, I was responding to your statement:
Dr. Mario has more history with Nintendo and has more importance than Golden Sun
Sakurai's main point is to look for characters that would have a unique moveset. Isaac has that going for him, regardless of how much somebody knows about his series.

I gave you reasons why Dr. Mario is not more important to Nintendo than Golden Sun.

Reason being: If Dr. Mario is more important, why is the Nintendo Puzzle Genre Focused on Panel De Pon?

Why is Golden Sun the Nintendo Classical RPG Franchise? Golden Sun is the Nintendo official genre that it defines, Dr. Mario loses his spot to Lip.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If it makes you feel any better for Isaac, I was watching the Shulk trailer a few times and noticed something interesting at the end. Remember how we were talking about how the Copyright list of companies would appear on the box art? Well, MONOLITHSOFT finally showed up in the list now. That means that not all companies are shown there yet. Then again, it's pretty obvious. :p
If Camelot is in there, they will not be shown till Isaac is revealed. So, there's my 2 cents.

What is scary though, Shulk's reveal could have been the last one in order to put MONOLITHSOFT on the list before the release of the 3DS. :ohwell:
Just think about the first part of your post and forget about the 2nd.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
(I know I harp on the KI representation a lot, but it is absurd how much bias went toward it in this game and I will never be able to look at Sakurai the same ever again)
I don't blame you. It took Sakurai until Brawl to even add a second Kirby character, and I always applauded him for that, but with KI:U, it just seems like he doesn't care about balanced representation anymore.

That, or he's getting pressure from Nintendo execs to turn Smash into a marketing tool and push recent titles, which would explain the complete absence of Golden Sun.

I thought Sakurai saying that Assist Trophies were one step closer to becoming playable actually meant something. Little Mac doesn't seem like the start of a trend, just an exception due to high Western fan outcry.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
As a fan of both Golden Sun and F-Zero, I can say that they do both feel like "forgotten" franchises purely in terms of releases. They're both great IPs yet both seem to be in limbo for the time being. In terms of Smash, though, it's much different: F-Zero has its main character as playable in every release, and that's plenty enough to remember the franchise by given it hasn't had a new release in a decade. I wouldn't mind more, sure, but I'm perfectly happy knowing F-Zero has a permanent, playable spot in Smash. Golden Sun, meanwhile, is only recognized by an assist trophy and a song in Brawl, with no indication of whether it will receive even that much in SSB4. That's pretty miserable, and while it's not the only Nintendo franchise still needing a Smash character (Wars and Custom Robo come to mind), it's exclusion feels especially tragic given just how great the original games were only for the franchise to seemingly be shelved. It feels like this might be the last chance for Golden Sun to make the cut, and no doubt it still can happen, but Isaac's chances are looking awfully grim at the moment unless there is lots of DLC in the works.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It just doesn't correalate to me at all @ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon
Fine, that is your choice, but don't bring up one of those "points" again without trying to disprove the person whom disagrees.

Your original post sounds like you are pitting Dr. Mario against Isaac when neither have anything in common and are not competing with each other.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
So, Shulk was revealed? Awesome. Xenoblade for the 3DS? What the heck?!? I just bought my own copy last week! Come on Nintendo! :mad:

So the leak is pretty much confirmed. Thank you for that, you stupid person to leak the roster. Ruin our experience of the game.

Though, there were still spots open. With the fact that there's still a stage apparently not revealed, Isaac still has a chance. While I guess I have to resign myself to Duck Hunt Dog and Dr Mario, I'm not going to stop supporting Isaac until we learn the final roster and any possible DLC. Please do not get in a giant argument over this with me. You know who I'm talking to.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Xenoblade for the 3DS? What the heck?!? I just bought my own copy last week! Come on Nintendo! :mad:
I must say, I was surprised by that. I thought they would sooner make a Xenoblade Chronicles HD for the Wii U (which could happen, but I doubt it at this point).

Anyhow, I was a little surprised at Shulk's stat-changing moveset. I thought Isaac would sooner get that gimmick than Shulk. This just makes me more intrigued at how Isaac might play in Smash, assuming he is in.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
The more I watch the Shulk trailer, the more I want to go try out Xenoblade and give up on GoldenSun forever. Make way for the new guy.......

Nah, Just kidding. I would never give up on GoldenSun. It was my first RPG that I ever fell in love with and will always be one of my favorite series of all time and still will support Isaac all the way. I am wanting to try Xenoblade though. Found one used at GameStop for $45.....WAT?!?!

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
In all honesty I've lost hope for Isaac's chances. Our best bet is Smash 10 when Sakurai finally considers the GBA era "retro"...

The way Sakurai described Shulk was pretty disheartening:

Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen.
To me that just implies Sakurai does not care for RPG characters, but they made an exception for Shulk due to his popularity in Japan. God forbid some of us can appreciate JRPG games like Xenoblade BECAUSE of the awesome JRPGs of our childhood (Golden Sun, Chrono Trigger, etc).

Not to mention - aside from Waluigi - we're talking about the most iconic character created by Camelot, the producers of not just Golden Sun but also Mario Golf and Mario Tennis which have sold quite well for Nintendo. How hard is it to throw a little respect to Camelot?

Yes I'm frustrated for Isaac. Shulk is a great addition and I'm excited for him, but the way Sakurai spoke about him just made me feel bitter. "We don't normally put in characters like this" - yes, it's more important to add in 3 Mario characters and 2 Kid Icarus characters over 1 Golden Sun character, I mean it's not like this game is trying to represent as many Nintendo series as possible or anything.

Don't get me wrong about Shulk. I'm very happy he made it in. I'm just disappointed in Sakurai's priorities and bias when it comes to some of his other decisions. Advanced Wars and Golden Sun should have gotten reps this time around and they didn't. It's as simple as that for me.

EDIT: I mean ffs Sakurai said literally NOTHING about Isaac for 2 years.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I must say, I was surprised by that. I thought they would sooner make a Xenoblade Chronicles HD for the Wii U (which could happen, but I doubt it at this point).

Anyhow, I was a little surprised at Shulk's stat-changing moveset. I thought Isaac would sooner get that gimmick than Shulk. This just makes me more intrigued at how Isaac might play in Smash, assuming he is in.
Entirely utility based moveset! Or he could be a pure mage type character casting psynergy for everything! Using the sword for just a counter, aerials and Meggido!

Yea that really belonged to Isaac though. He came first! But seriously what is Sakurai thinking and what does Nintendo think about Golden Sun!? They are really catering to the new ones in this game while talking about going back to their roots. It is kind of contradicting. They even made Samus more Other M-ish even when the game was horribly received.

To everyone else, I can see why you might be disappointed or a bit miffed but it is not like we did not know that Isaac might not be in this reveal. Although Shulk was a bit unexpected for a Japanese only reveal, he is now in the game. No use comparing him much to Isaac now.

We can just hope and wait that Isaac makes his entry soon. We have also considered the (positive) scenario that he might be the last newcomer (a fitting end to the Dark Dawn) so need to worry people. Just keep rooting for him!

Isaac for Sm4sh!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
To everyone else, I can see why you might be disappointed or a bit miffed but it is not like we did not know that Isaac might not be in this reveal.
Not getting Isaac when he wasn't expected was one thing. Getting Shulk when I really didn't want him is something else.

Although Shulk was a bit unexpected for a Japanese only reveal, he is now in the game. No use comparing him much to Isaac now.
Actually, Shulk made a ton of sense as a Japan only reveal. Xenoblade was originally a Japan-only game.

I think I need to write a few letters to Nintendo. Reggie, Miyamoto, Sakurai. No email, but a good, old-fashioned letter. I need to find contact info.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If anything, if Shulk was that popular in Japan to get considered a spot, why not Isaac for the West/Europe? For JRPG fans, It seems like Shulk is Big in Japan and Isaac is Big in the West/Europe. So, would it make sense if Japan had a Japan only direct for Shulk and an Worldwide direct for Isaac? Just pointing out ideas.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Actually, Shulk made a ton of sense as a Japan only reveal. Xenoblade was originally a Japan-only game.
Well that made sense but it was supposedly a 3DS reveal so we didn't expect him. But his 3DS port kinda made that fine. Although it is only playable on the NEW 3DS which I don't like. Don't make exclusive games for a hardware revision!

I think I need to write a few letters to Nintendo. Reggie, Miyamoto, Sakurai. No email, but a good, old-fashioned letter. I need to find contact info.
Good luck! Now I am rooting for you!

If anything, if Shulk was that popular in Japan to get considered a spot, why not Isaac for the West/Europe? For JRPG fans, It seems like Shulk is Big in Japan and Isaac is Big in the West/Europe. So, would it make sense if Japan had a Japan only direct for Shulk and an Worldwide direct for Isaac? Just pointing out ideas.
Yea! Just like I said in an earlier post, since Shulk was included in a Japan only reveal Isaac could be in an International trailer. He is more important you know :p Something positive to think about!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As a fan of both Golden Sun and F-Zero, I can say that they do both feel like "forgotten" franchises purely in terms of releases. They're both great IPs yet both seem to be in limbo for the time being. In terms of Smash, though, it's much different: F-Zero has its main character as playable in every release, and that's plenty enough to remember the franchise by given it hasn't had a new release in a decade. I wouldn't mind more, sure, but I'm perfectly happy knowing F-Zero has a permanent, playable spot in Smash. Golden Sun, meanwhile, is only recognized by an assist trophy and a song in Brawl, with no indication of whether it will receive even that much in SSB4. That's pretty miserable, and while it's not the only Nintendo franchise still needing a Smash character (Wars and Custom Robo come to mind), it's exclusion feels especially tragic given just how great the original games were only for the franchise to seemingly be shelved. It feels like this might be the last chance for Golden Sun to make the cut, and no doubt it still can happen, but Isaac's chances are looking awfully grim at the moment unless there is lots of DLC in the works.
Okay, I used a bad example with F-Zero, but beyond that, the argument is the same, particularly with the GBA games.

That would work out well, but it's probably not a likely outcome. I still think Isaac's status amongst fans would wind up with a "Everybody Else" trailer.

But, that said, if we get DLC, and if Isaac fails to make this cut, I think can agree that he'll be one of the advertised DLC characters as the game is being set up. Nintendo will most likely observe comments and even poll people. I mean, if all of us are willing to pay $7.99 for Isaac, I'd consider it well worth the money.

I'm also planning on doing a complete Golden Sun runthrough and planning on buying the strategy guides for both the original GBA games and the DS one (I really want to play the game and be able to get everything before it's time to move on past the point of no return to truly enjoy it). I still have my original Prima book, although it's being held together by duct tape and is missing a few pages, so it's time for me to replace it.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't care what others say, Golden Sun is even more relevant than Mother.
At least Golden Sun is open for more sequels, and Mother's creator spcifically said the Mother series is DONE.

I really hope that Lucas' spot is used for Isaac. I mean, his game hasn't even come to the west. I think Sakurai is trying to achieve a roster with no region-exclusive characters this time around.
That bodes well for Isaac who's known both in the east and west. Didn't bode well for characters such as Takamaru (even though he "graduated" to World-wide release short after his AT confirmation), Sable, Mike, and now apparently Lucas.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I don't care what others say, Golden Sun is even more relevant than Mother.
At least Golden Sun is open for more sequels, and Mother's creator spcifically said the Mother series is DONE.

I really hope that Lucas' spot is used for Isaac. I mean, his game hasn't even come to the west. I think Sakurai is trying to achieve a roster with no region-exclusive characters this time around.
That bodes well for Isaac who's known both in the east and west. Didn't bode well for characters such as Takamaru (even though he "graduated" to World-wide release short after his AT confirmation), Sable, Mike, and now apparently Lucas.
I so agree with you on that one! What you said makes so much sense! Isaac was known to both east and west and was fairly popular in BOTH. His game was ported by Nintendo without need for any operation and has retained a fair chunk of popularity. It has started to enter retro category, has received a 3rd game which asks for a sequel and most recently, the 2 games were released on eShop! It can't get much better than that regarding his popularity and exclusiveness to a region.

Maybe we didn't get Golden Sun 4 but we can get a remake of Golden Sun 1 and 2 (without messing with the gameplay)! Although I see that as unlikely since they just released the games on eShop!

In the end, Isaac still stands a good chance to no need to get your hopes down and for the sake of some people's sanity, don't get them to unbelievable levels (although I will :))

Thanks for brightening up this thread with this insight! This made me happy!

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I think it is pretty funny how some people are saying that Nintendo has forgotten Golden Sun and does not care about the franchise anymore when the VC releases are clearly showing that this is not the case.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
But, that said, if we get DLC, and if Isaac fails to make this cut, I think can agree that he'll be one of the advertised DLC characters as the game is being set up. Nintendo will most likely observe comments and even poll people. I mean, if all of us are willing to pay $7.99 for Isaac, I'd consider it well worth the money.
I'm not joking, I would pay $59.99 for Isaac DLC.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I think Isaac or Matthew are gonna be DLC for this game, and if not Matthew is gonna be playable in the next Smash probably.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think it is pretty funny how some people are saying that Nintendo has forgotten Golden Sun and does not care about the franchise anymore when the VC releases are clearly showing that this is not the case.
We've also gotten VC releases of Tecmo Bowl, Wrecking Crew, and Blaster Master. Unfortunately, it means nothing. It's not Nintendo actually thinking of Golden Sun, so much as them just going "oh, hey, we can put this on e-shop and get more money".

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
We've also gotten VC releases of Tecmo Bowl, Wrecking Crew, and Blaster Master. Unfortunately, it means nothing. It's not Nintendo actually thinking of Golden Sun, so much as them just going "oh, hey, we can put this on e-shop and get more money".
But Golden Sun was one of the first GBA VC releases alongside Yoshis Island and Metroid Fusion which actually shows that the Golden Sun games are still important to Nintendo.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of Mother, never underestimate the fanbase for the series. They are VASTLY more devoted than any other group of any other game, especially in how hard they've worked and how long they've worked to try and get a NA Mother 3 release. And that's just the non-Japan fanbase, the Mother series is ridiculously popular. So, they got Lucas in addition to Ness! I would be very surprised if neither character is included in Smash 4, though.

The lack of news on Mother games and Golden Sun games makes me think Nintendo is sort of abandoning its older franchises. I get it from a financial standpoint, but it's still very sad to see beloved worlds and characters be ignored. pls nentendo mother 3 on vc

BUT! Isaac can still be in Smash 4. Until we see him as a non playable character or fully unlock the game, I will still hope that he's my new favorite character.

I'm also not convinced fully that the leak is legit. Shulk is a good sign for its accuracy, but he was a popular character in a recent and successful game. It isn't THAT surprising...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
But Golden Sun was one of the first GBA VC releases alongside Yoshis Island and Metroid Fusion which actually shows that the Golden Sun games are still important to Nintendo among the best moneymakers on the console, so there's a reason to immediately rerelease them.
I think I made that a bit more in line with Nintendo's real feelings on the subject.

I'm also not convinced fully that the leak is legit. Shulk is a good sign for its accuracy, but he was a popular character in a recent and successful game. It isn't THAT surprising...
It's the same render. Same pose, same outfit, everything. It kind of confirms it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm not joking, I would pay $59.99 for Isaac DLC.
My poor wallet! But I probably would too.

On the topic of Mother, never underestimate the fanbase for the series. They are VASTLY more devoted than any other group of any other game, especially in how hard they've worked and how long they've worked to try and get a NA Mother 3 release. And that's just the non-Japan fanbase, the Mother series is ridiculously popular. So, they got Lucas in addition to Ness! I would be very surprised if neither character is included in Smash 4, though.

The lack of news on Mother games and Golden Sun games makes me think Nintendo is sort of abandoning its older franchises. I get it from a financial standpoint, but it's still very sad to see beloved worlds and characters be ignored. pls nentendo mother 3 on vc
That would be a sad day for Nintendo. But with all of their talks about going back to the roots, becoming core again, I doubt that will happen. Complete absense of GBA franchises, even Mother is just weird.

BUT! Isaac can still be in Smash 4. Until we see him as a non playable character or fully unlock the game, I will still hope that he's my new favorite character.
Now you're talking!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I don't expect two newcomers in a row, the least we could get in PAX is a veteran.
It's not impossible. We've had multiple newcomers revealed before. Mii Fighters/Palutena/Pac-Man, WFT/Villager/Megaman, Lucina/Robin. Plus, it's been over a month now since we had any newcomer reveals and we are very close to the 3DS release in Japan.

Last edited:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Just heard about the possibility of another reveal today. Whether this is true or not, we should keep an eye out.
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/96099611786/so-is-the-pax-round-table-today-i-heard-theres
Got it from the Potential Roster forum by strawhatninja. Credit to him for the link.

Is it possible that along side Shulk's reveal, we would get Earthbound and GoldenSun reveals too, since they are RPGs?
It would be awesome if we would get another reveal. Two reveals in such a short time. Is this E3 all over again? :troll:
But the japanese reveal is only two weeks away so it would actually make sense.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I can see at least Ness getting revealed, unless they decide to completely ignore his anniversary. Which is possible.

Also, why do I get the feeling I'm the only one that wouldn't pay $60 for DLC Isaac...?

Top Bottom