• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Ah, I see the thread is back to high spirits!

Any particular reason for that? Have there been any prominent rumors that have Isaac or are we still happy about Gematsu's demise?

Sorry, I've been a bit out of the loop. :p

ferioku

Smash Ace
Isaac's chances don't look too great, since we've heard nothing about him at all (no AT, no hints, nothing). All we know is he'll at least return as an Assist Trophy, if not a full character. It really depends on whether or not Sakurai likes Golden Sun and/or if he's familiar enough with the series to think he would work as a character (we all know he has the biggest moveset potential out of any Nintendo character, so he doesn't fall anywhere remotely close to "generic sword fighter" unlike Chrom and unfortunately Takamaru).

Sakurai likely made his decision on Isaac at the same time he made his decision on Little Mac and any other assist trophies. If DLC is a possibility then he may have removed Isaac as an Assist Trophy completely in order to work on him post-release. Takamaru's attack as an Assist Trophy seems somewhat similar to Isaac's except it will go in any direction.
Considering Golden sun was represented more than punch out in brawl, I think sakurai recognizes the franchise greatly. I really want to see 1 more assist trophy→character and If that does happen hopwfully it's a gs rep. Not to mention, he wasn't any ordinary Assist Trophy, he was unlockable.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Nope, likely just the demise of Gematsu lol (although I still think it's true, just severely outdated).
It's been confirmed that the roster was set before development, just how "outdated" can it get?

When are we going to get a Golden Sun stage? One of the Lighthouses or Elemental Rocks would be epic.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
It's been confirmed that the roster was set before development, just how "outdated" can it get?

When are we going to get a Golden Sun stage? One of the Lighthouses or Elemental Rocks would be epic.
I think we're still getting a RH rep and Shulk, is what I meant by that. I just think that leak was missing characters discussed after the ones he mentioned. He got a lot of them right (including Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac and Megaman before their reveals) so I find it hard to simply let it go.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Cancel that, off topic.

What do you think would be the best stage to represent Golden Sun when we get our character?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It would have to be a Lighthouse, which one? The one that you fight Saturos at.
You fight Saturos at Mercury, but I disagree with that one. Venus would be better, because of its ties to Isaac (Venus Adept) and the fact that the team is actually there when it's lit.

Stage Hazard: A gem falls from the sky into the pit in the middle. The map breaks apart, and the beacon rises up, burning anyone who touches it as the Lighthouse reforms.

Or we could do Jupiter Lighthouse. Because it has those weird angels blocking the aperture, and those could make for an interesting stage interaction if you could trigger the Lighthouse illuminating by attacking them.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You fight Saturos at Mercury, but I disagree with that one. Venus would be better, because of its ties to Isaac (Venus Adept) and the fact that the team is actually there when it's lit.

Stage Hazard: A gem falls from the sky into the pit in the middle. The map breaks apart, and the beacon rises up, burning anyone who touches it as the Lighthouse reforms.

Or we could do Jupiter Lighthouse. Because it has those weird angels blocking the aperture, and those could make for an interesting stage interaction if you could trigger the Lighthouse illuminating by attacking them.
That does sound pretty cool. I would love to see a stage do that in Smash.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That does sound pretty cool. I would love to see a stage do that in Smash.
We could make it really wild. As a side effect of the Beacon's rejuvenating powers, we let Up-B recovery for all characters no longer trigger uncontrollable free fall while the Beacon is in play. Infinite recovery, so you're forced to hit/throw them all the way off the screen.

Too much?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We could make it really wild. As a side effect of the Beacon's rejuvenating powers, we let Up-B recovery for all characters no longer trigger uncontrollable free fall while the Beacon is in play. Infinite recovery, so you're forced to hit/throw them all the way off the screen.

Too much?
It might be too much for those who would like a Golden Sun stage with not too many hazards or none at all. I like concept, but that many hazards sounds like a pain to get around for me.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It might be too much for those who would like a Golden Sun stage with not too many hazards or none at all. I like concept, but that many hazards sounds like a pain to get around for me.
Well, it's actually only two primary hazards. The stage splitting apart and then reforming (as it did whenever a beacon was lit), and the beacon itself, which would remain stationary in the middle of the screen, forcing you to work around it or send opponents into it to damage them.

The infinite recovery thing I just think would be a cool mechanic.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, it's actually only two primary hazards. The stage splitting apart and then reforming (as it did whenever a beacon was lit), and the beacon itself, which would remain stationary in the middle of the screen, forcing you to work around it or send opponents into it to damage them.

The infinite recovery thing I just think would be a cool mechanic.
I am not saying it is the worst thing, but it is not for everyone. I do like how you thought this up and would love to see it in action in SSB4.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
If we're looking for a competitive legal stage, the Venus (or any other) lighthouse aerie could be in its pre-lit form and have the elevators on either side rise/lower off the bottom of the stage :p

D

Deleted member

Double Post Warning Received
Umm... for a stage? I was thinking that, for iconic reasons, Venus Lighthouse would be it, although it would be a rather dull stage, IMO. I was kinda imagining a ride on the Lemurian ship (either Babi's or Piers's), yet that'd be too similar to several other stages.

I personally would like to see Endless Wall as a stage. Not a moving stage with Apollo Ascent, but just the wall itself with a shot of the Grave Eclipse in the background.

As for Trophies, I would like to see the main crew from the original series, Matthew, Saturos & Menardi, Alex/Arcanus, Kraden, and the Djinn.

Also, what do you think about the idea of Isaac dealing with a sleep-based ailment longer than other characters?

Last edited by a moderator:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I'm a big fan of the venus lighthouse idea as a stage too, but I don't want it to be exactly like that fan-made one. My idea was one middle section, the two floating platforms and then the elevators that go up and down. It would make for a hard stage to side KOs but a great stage for meteor smash KOs.

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I'm a big fan of the venus lighthouse idea as a stage too, but I don't want it to be exactly like that fan-made one. My idea was one middle section, the two floating platforms and then the elevators that go up and down. It would make for a hard stage to side KOs but a great stage for meteor smash KOs.
That's what I had in mind as well. The elevators could work a lot like mega-Randall on Yoshi's Island (SSBB), in that they wouldn't be there half the time.

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
If Venus Lighthouse wound up as a stage, you could have the Fusion Dragon as a Stage Boss.

Or alternatively, Mars Lighthouse is a stage, and the Doom Dragon is a Stage Boss.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
If Venus Lighthouse wound up as a stage, you could have the Fusion Dragon as a Stage Boss.

Or alternatively, Mars Lighthouse is a stage, and the Doom Dragon is a Stage Boss.
If you had the option of turning stage bosses on or off that would be cool. Otherwise, no way. I want to be able to fight epic battles on the lighthouses without a dragon getting in the way.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Hopefully Little Mac won't be the only Assist Trophy that made the leap to playable. I'd like to see Issac as a playable character. Sign me up for the supporters list!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Cancel that, off topic.

What do you think would be the best stage to represent Golden Sun when we get our character?
Like I have said before, on the Wii U version I would want Venus Lighthouse as a stage, with maybe the Fusion Dragon as a stage boss. And, on the 3DS version, I would want the stage to be the Belinsk Opera House, with Crystallux as a stage boss.

You know, a thought just occurred to me... I think it would be cool if Isaac's reveal trailer had animations similar to that of the Sun Saga in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. For those whom don't know what I am talking about, the Sun Saga is a series of collectible books throughout Golden Sun: Dark Dawn that, when opened, present an animated recap of the first two Golden Sun games.

What say you lot?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Like I have said before, on the Wii U version I would want Venus Lighthouse as a stage, with maybe the Fusion Dragon as a stage boss. And, on the 3DS version, I would want the stage to be the Belinsk Opera House, with Crystallux as a stage boss.

You know, a thought just occurred to me... I think it would be cool if Isaac's reveal trailer had animations similar to that of the Sun Saga in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. For those whom don't know what I am talking about, the Sun Saga is a series of collectible books throughout Golden Sun: Dark Dawn that, when opened, present an animated recap of the first two Golden Sun games.

What say you lot?
haha, it'd be cute. Would love to see them include Master Hand and Ness/Lucas in this sort of art style too.

also you might want to spoiler that in case anyone unfamiliar with Golden Sun sees it, just because it spoils the entirety of the first two games.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord

What say you lot?
That would be adorable.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
haha, it'd be cute. Would love to see them include Master Hand and Ness/Lucas in this sort of art style too.

also you might want to spoiler that in case anyone unfamiliar with Golden Sun sees it, just because it spoils the entirety of the first two games.
To be fair, the games have been out for 12 years now :p

Why do you guys want stage bosses? I'm just curious, as I've never really had much desire for them.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Maybe the class and Psynergy changes could be represented by move customization? If we do
To be fair, the games have been out for 12 years now :p

Why do you guys want stage bosses? I'm just curious, as I've never really had much desire for them.
More representation for the series.

I'm figuring they can be turned off.

There are always Final Destination versions without them.

Smash is about watching characters from various games fight each other. Who doesn't want to see Bowser getting destroyed by the Doom Dragon?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Also, I now want this stage, with an added feature. If you Meteor KO someone down the lighthouse shaft, it triggers the stage splitting apart and the beacon lighting. Just because it would be hilarious.

"Hmm, no elemental star. But we need to light that beacon somehow. Down you go!"

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's Hyrule Warriors only. On the off-chance anything Smash-related is shown, it will be Zelda related.
Basically if we get any SSB4 newcomers it will either be Vaati or Ghirahim. Ganondorf's return would be certain if the Hyrule Warriors Direct contained some information on SSB4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's Hyrule Warriors only. On the off-chance anything Smash-related is shown, it will be Zelda related.
Nuh uh, there'd be no better place to reveal Isaac than a Direct focusing on a game where the protagonist is a blonde tunic-wearing sword-wielder with a nice scarf. :troll:

Haik

Smash Rookie
So, I'm all for the lighthouse as the Golden Sun stage, but what do you think of the stage being all the lighthouses? Basically what I think would be cool would be you start in the Mercury lighthouse, it crumbles after it is lit and you fall into the ship which flies you to the next lighthouse.

I'm fairly indifferent to stage bosses, but it could culminate with the Doom Dragon on top of the Mars lighthouse.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Hi people, I am reading this forum quite regularly and just noticed that I still have my old account from back in the pre-brawl days. xD Anyway, I just wanted to state my support for Isaac, and my two cents on the topic: Punch Out and Golden Sun were the only two franchises in Brawl who got an Assist Trophy AND a Song in the game. I think this is evidence enough that Sakurai at least considered both of them back in the Brawl days. I think Isaac has above average chances to become the second elevated Assist Trophy!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Tomorrow is the anniversary of Golden Sun's original Japanese release. Most likely we'll get absolutely nothing, but you can never predict Sakurai.

Will Isaac's chances be sealed away like alchemy, or will a glimmer of hope shine down on us at last? Or will we get another filler pic of Luigi's nose?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Always nice to have more Isaac supporters on board, I don't think Punch-Out had a song in Brawl though.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
No announcements for tomorrow, I guess the best we can do is hope for no Isaac assist trophy tomorrow. Since it didn't turn out to be an assist trophy week and we already got a new assist trophy this week I'd say the likelihood of us getting another tomorrow is very low. Then again we got two new stages so that might mean nothing.

I would laugh if they used the Hyrule Warriors stream/direct to announce a non Zelda newcomer. I wouldn't totally put it past them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom