• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Just in case, for the heads up. When you earn coins from other modes so that you can play Trophy Rush, make sure you work on the challenges too. It is possible that Isaac is in one of the challenges. It's also possible he is earned by playing Master/Crazy Orders as well. (Since Isaac uses Hand Psynergy and they are hands.....?)

I'm surprised that I haven't found any new AT's honestly. It's strange.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I suspect you don't unlock any AT's at all cementing the fact that Isaac, Ray MK2 and Drill Dozer aren't AT's anymore. I'm torn between this Isaac Trophy Hunt and Pokemon OR. :/

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I mean seriously why the hell is he hidden so deep?

It's not like Nintendo is suddenly going to give us a surprise update and the people who discovered him get him as playable....

Or is it.....? :smirk:

It might be a long wait ahead of us guys.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I mean seriously why the hell is he hidden so deep?

It's not like Nintendo is suddenly going to give us a surprise update and the people who discovered him get him as playable....

Or is it.....? :smirk:

It might be a long wait ahead of us guys.
I would cry tears of joy if that was true. You would have to do some crazy things to finally unlock him. When his "new challenger appears" shows up, it will show a movie of him and then you fight him.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I suspect you don't unlock any AT's at all cementing the fact that Isaac, Ray MK2 and Drill Dozer aren't AT's anymore. I'm torn between this Isaac Trophy Hunt and Pokemon OR. :/
Lol. I've played so little that Falco is the only character I've unlocked. The combination of releasing OR and this game on the same day, alongside already having played the 3DS version is making me put SSBU mostly on the backburner.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yup. Releasing OR/AS and Smash Bros. Wii U has really made people busy.

The forums are comparatively vacant now! I, on the other hand, am twiddling my thumbs waiting for you to unlock people while struggling to study for an exam while under smash hype.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Just in case, for the heads up. When you earn coins from other modes so that you can play Trophy Rush, make sure you work on the challenges too. It is possible that Isaac is in one of the challenges. It's also possible he is earned by playing Master/Crazy Orders as well. (Since Isaac uses Hand Psynergy and they are hands.....?)

I'm surprised that I haven't found any new AT's honestly. It's strange.
http://www.destructoid.com/the-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-challenges-guide-284165.phtml
Isaac ain't mentioned at all on the challenges

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I FOUND GOLDEN SUN: DARK DAWN OVERWORLD THEME! The music play in Kid Icarus Uprising Stage only.

That the only content of golden sun I ever found. Heck, I found Globox (from Rayman) and Comander Video trophy.
Not yet Isaac...... Not yet.......

EDIT: Forgot to say, I unlock THE MUSIC IN Crazy orders, I get a lot of music there and prize are very gooooood.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I FOUND GOLDEN SUN: DARK DAWN OVERWORLD THEME! The music play in Kid Icarus Uprising Stage only.

That the only content of golden sun I ever found. Heck, I found Globox (from Rayman) and Comander Video trophy.
Not yet Isaac...... Not yet.......

EDIT: Forgot to say, I unlock THE MUSIC IN Crazy orders, I get a lot of music there and prize are very gooooood.
Ah, so it is in Crazy Orders. Maybe I'll try it out again.

EDIT: Actually I think Crazy Orders and Master Orders music tracks are just randomized, so it can probably be found at random anywhere.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Well, we got a song out of it. When you think about, that is better than being an Assist Trophy, because I almost never play with items on. ;)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, we got a song out of it. When you think about, that is better than being an Assist Trophy, because I almost never play with items on. ;)
Still makes no sense for the AT to be cut, and there's still no signs of his trophy anywhere... it just feels way too strange.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
There are some people in other forums who even agree that removing Isaac as an AT makes no sense at all and that there is no good (or any) reason for his removal, and they aren't even fans of GoldenSun. Go figure. This is the strangest thing ever. Wonder if Camelot is planning something? Making us fans speak once again for another game? See our reaction to know how much we want GS4/ Isaac as playable? It doesn't make sense!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There are some people in other forums who even agree that removing Isaac as an AT makes no sense at all and that there is no good (or any) reason for his removal, and they aren't even fans of GoldenSun. Go figure. This is the strangest thing ever. Wonder if Camelot is planning something? Making us fans speak once again for another game? See our reaction to know how much we want GS4/ Isaac as playable? It doesn't make sense!
See, if they wanted to cut GS all-together, they wouldn't have kept the music and even added a new track. I don't think there's a single franchise with music in the game that doesn't also have trophies for it, too. (Except GS at this point.)

Even if the franchise IS dead (which I doubt), it still doesn't make sense. In fact, honestly, if the franchise IS dead, it'd probably be more likely they'd KEEP Isaac's AT.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well not many non playable franchises can say they have more than one music track in the game. Some series don't even get one music track but they still get a trophy.

So for Golden Sun to get two music tracks but no trophy? Not buying it at all. It has to be there somewhere.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well not many non playable franchises can say they have more than one music track in the game. Some series don't even get one music track but they still get a trophy.

So for Golden Sun to get two music tracks but no trophy? Not buying it at all. It has to be there somewhere.
Or if its not... perhaps something else is in the works...

EDIT: Tetris had two songs in Brawl (both of which are back) and no trophy... Then again, what can you make a trophy with out of Tetris?

EDIT 2: This is apparently the full list of songs:
http://freetexthost.com/d0p6qkll6h

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Could the total lack of Golden Sun trophy (once all trophies are unlocked) and the two music tracks hint to DLC Isaac playable?

It's true Sakurai said that there wouldn't be more DLC besides Mewtwo, but he likes to keep his secrets and to surprise his fans, so it's just normal for him not telling about Isaac, he wants to surprise us.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Could the total lack of Golden Sun trophy (once all trophies are unlocked) and the two music tracks hint to DLC Isaac playable?

It's true Sakurai said that there wouldn't be more DLC besides Mewtwo, but he likes to keep his secrets and to surprise his fans, so it's just normal for him not telling about Isaac, he wants to surprise us.
Actually, he specifically said there wasn't "paid" DLC planned "at this time". Both are things to note. If Isaac was cut late, he might've been nearly finished, so they postponed him until after release and will patch him in. Another odd thing; there are apparently the EXACT same number of new stages in Smash Wii U as Smash 3DS. However, Smash Wii U is getting a new stage added in a patch. Maybe there's one more stage in Smash 3DS that cut cut for a specific reason?

Just a thought. Its really weird how this is playing out. I've got over 200 trophies and no signs of Isaac yet (or Lip), and Isaac is not unlocked through challenges either. However, there are at least 700 trophies.

Also, checking it over, Tetris, Golden Sun, and Wonderful 101 are the only unrepped franchises to have two tracks. I thought Style Savvy had a second track, but apparently not.

With Golden Sun slowly building up a fanbase on Wii U with the Virtual Console, it's a mystery why there are no trophies. Some would say DLC, but let's face it, they wouldn't remove everything in the game related to GS over it, now would they?

The series got a new musical track in the game. On a new stage too. Clearly Golden Sun wasn't just forgotten.

This is very strange..,

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With Golden Sun slowly building up a fanbase on Wii U with the Virtual Console, it's a mystery why there are no trophies. Some would say DLC, but let's face it, they wouldn't remove everything in the game related to GS over it, now would they?

The series got a new musical track in the game. On a new stage too. Clearly Golden Sun wasn't just forgotten.

This is very strange..,
My point is, the only way I can see this being the case is if a GS character was fully intended to be playable, so all the trophies and everything had the GS icon. They had to remove them (temporarily). As for the music, they wouldn't have to remove that because there was no stage planned for Wii U, only 3DS, which also got cut (and is the last stage on the default roster). There might be one more GS music track that's a new remix, which was also cut (temporarily) from the Wii U version. If it wasn't planned to be 3DS-exclusive that is.

I honestly cannot believe that after 500 trophies there's no GS trophy, and no one else has found any GS trophy at all. I also cannot believe that they'd not only bother to keep the GS track in Norfair, let alone add a brand new track, if they were just going to cut Isaac's trophy which could've just barely been touched up like the others. Custom Robo, Jill, maybe, because they're gone completely, but GS still has stuff in the game.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Also, Golden Sun is a pretty big franchise, to big to have the only Assist Trophy removed, so I'm more leaning towards an Isaac patch, because there would be no need to make him paid DLC if he was intended to be on the game.

Also, Camelot was credited, so it is possible that Camelot is already developing Golden Sun 4, but were too early on development to announce it just yet, so announcing it alongside Isaac's playability status on Smash would be an excellent move to promote the series.

My point is, the only way I can see this being the case is if a GS character was fully intended to be playable, so all the trophies and everything had the GS icon. They had to remove them (temporarily). As for the music, they wouldn't have to remove that because there was no stage planned for Wii U, only 3DS, which also got cut (and is the last stage on the default roster). There might be one more GS music track that's a new remix, which was also cut (temporarily) from the Wii U version. If it wasn't planned to be 3DS-exclusive that is.

I honestly cannot believe that after 500 trophies there's no GS trophy, and no one else has found any GS trophy at all. I also cannot believe that they'd not only bother to keep the GS track in Norfair, let alone add a brand new track, if they were just going to cut Isaac's trophy which could've just barely been touched up like the others. Custom Robo, Jill, maybe, because they're gone completely, but GS still has stuff in the game.
That's a pretty solid theory.

So, a Golden Sun DLC pack, huh? Sounds good!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's a pretty solid theory.

So, a Golden Sun DLC pack, huh? Sounds good!
No, moreso a patch. Like when the Miiverse stage is added.

Also, Golden Sun is a pretty big franchise, to big to have the only Assist Trophy removed, so I'm more leaning towards an Isaac patch, because there would be no need to make him paid DLC if he was intended to be on the game.

Also, Camelot was credited, so it is possible that Camelot is already developing Golden Sun 4, but were too early on development to announce it just yet, so announcing it alongside Isaac's playability status on Smash would be an excellent move to promote the series.
That's a possibility... Camelot was likely credited for Waluigi, though.

Golden Sun is a decent sized franchise. Its one of the bigger franchises not playable in the game, in fact its probably the biggest. But keep in mind, it could be false and there could be nothing at all, or there could still be a trophy hiding somewhere that's just (somehow) very rare that no one has found yet...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Camelot being credited in the game doesn't equal GS4 being made. :p

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Lack of Golden Sun trophies means one of 2 things. Obviously DLC. Or it ain't happening.

No Tharja Trophy either which could equate to the same thing.

Either way it's about as odd as Other M Ridley's stock icon being Super Metroid Ridley.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac trophy unlock condition - Play 1000 matches and then grab your right leg and hop around on the spot three times.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Isaac trophy unlock condition - Play 1000 matches and then grab your right leg and hop around on the spot three times.
While also completing Classic Mode without losing a life on 9.0 Difficulty with ALL characters, Complete All-Star Mode on Hard with ALL characters without using any healing items, and complete all event matches on hard mode AND their requirements. Looks like we have a long way to go. Haha!

Imagine if that was the super special secret way to unlock Isaac (or some other character). Reminds me of the unlocking Sonic and Tails in Melee hoax. What if Sakurai did something like that? That would be insane, but possibly, amazing (in some ways).

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
To unlock Isaac you first have to unlock Kraden which involves you having to beat 1000 enemies in Cruel Smash. With Luigi. ;)

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I don't see getting one new track and not cutting the old one as much of a boon. It's nice sure, it shows that at the very least GS isn't being totally ignored, but it's just one new track.

Even with the whole "two tracks as opposed to one" deal, that still only puts in the same league as Style Savvy and W101, who aren't getting playable characters any time soon.

Not to say Isaac doesn't have valid points in his favor, but I don't really see this being one of them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't see getting one new track and not cutting the old one as much of a boon. It's nice sure, it shows that at the very least GS isn't being totally ignored, but it's just one new track.

Even with the whole "two tracks as opposed to one" deal, that still only puts in the same league as Style Savvy and W101, who aren't getting playable characters any time soon.

Not to say Isaac doesn't have valid points in his favor, but I don't really see this being one of them.
Its not so much getting a track but also lack of an AT, and apparently lack of any trophy at all, which makes no sense whatsoever. If they can bother to keep the music and add more, they can at least keep Isaac's trophy.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Its not so much getting a track but also lack of an AT, and apparently lack of any trophy at all, which makes no sense whatsoever. If they can bother to keep the music and add more, they can at least keep Isaac's trophy.
That's a different story altogether, I'm just talking about how I don't imagine one new music track means much of anything.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's a different story altogether, I'm just talking about how I don't imagine one new music track means much of anything.
Wait a minute. He was just labelling a list of things that point, favorably, towards Isaac's inclusion. He didn't say it was the main reason he believes that it is the case.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait a minute. He was just labelling a list of things that point, favorably, towards Isaac's inclusion. He didn't say it was the main reason he believes that it is the case.

Basically what Non-Specific Guy said. Other people keep bringing up one thing we say and take it out of context, assuming that we're basing it all on one factor; e.g. one single new music track. However, there's numerous factors that add up together that make for a very strange situation...

Cutting Isaac's Assist Trophy alone doesn't make much sense, considering the fact that it was very original and wouldn't really cause problems on Smash 3DS. Then on top of that there's additional music, not just bringing old music back, meaning GS wasn't just cut all-together like Jill / Drill Dozer and Ray / Custom Robo apparently have.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Part of me thinks the drill item replaced Drill Dozer, Pit's FS basically replaced Ray and Giratina is pretty much Isaac but also does damage. Grump grump.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I have over 300 trophies but no Isaac I think. I am off work for two days so I will Marathon as many challenges as I an and unlock as much content as possible. Most of the modes are a breeze thanks to me transferring my overpowered 3ds characters over. Only Golden Sun content I have are 2 songs. GS3 overworld and the theme that was in brawl. Happy hunting everyone.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Basically what Non-Specific Guy said. Other people keep bringing up one thing we say and take it out of context, assuming that we're basing it all on one factor; e.g. one single new music track. However, there's numerous factors that add up together that make for a very strange situation...
I never said anyone was basing anything on one single factor, in fact I said Isaac does have valid points towards him still showing up as DLC. I was saying that one point is faulty, not that it's the only point. My point is that getting two tracks instead one isn't the big deal some people are cracking it up to be, regardless of the absence of other GS content.

Ok, and it may be true, but I wasn't talking about all the factors at play in this situation, just one part of one.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Part of me thinks the drill item replaced Drill Dozer, Pit's FS basically replaced Ray and Giratina is pretty much Isaac but also does damage. Grump grump.
Redundant items already exist in-game, though. Even if there's similar items it still doesn't mean other things like AT's need to get cut. For example, Skull Kid and Palkia are virtually identical, correct?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Too bad most of our speculation is repeating itself. This is going to take some time!

Oh and I thought I had to try moving the Wii U while jumping around. So you got him? :p

Top Bottom