• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

I would just assume this.

Mewtwo, Dixie, King K Rool, and Chorus kids all got trophies. I do find it weird that Isaac didn't get a trophy, but lest we forget we have special ATs for Wii U, although I think he would be better suited for the 3DS version.

I think Isaac, Ridley, and Impa got this far with no trophies.
It's also worth noting that Saki, Ashley, and Kat &
Ana are confirmed Assist Trophies that don't show up on the 3DS version. Like you said, we'll have to see if Isaac shows up on the Wii U version before we can determine whenever or not he's a possible DLC candidate.

Either way, no Isaac sighting has me curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One of the biggest pluses to Smash 4's newcomer roster was that it gave so many Nintendo franchises their first playable character in Smash Bros. Punch-Out, Xenoblade, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, and Mii's. Rhythm Heaven too was going to receive a playable character (though the Chorus Men were probably cut due to technical limitations, similar to what happpened to the Ice Climbers).

Outside of Rhythm Heaven, there are two franchises that come to mind as being popular and important enough to Nintendo to warrant having a playable character in Smash Bros.: Golden Sun and Advance/Famicom Wars.

During the interim between Brawl and Smash 4, Golden Sun did receive a new title (Dark Dawn). Though unfortunately, it was met with a rather muted response both critically and sales wise.

However, Isaac still managed to be among the Top 10 most wanted newcomers in the West despite his GBA heyday having been a decade ago.

I fear though, that due to the poor reception to Dark Dawn (Camelot in interviews seems reluctant to do another Golden Sun) and Isaac still failing to make it in, that he probably will never make it in Smash Bros.

However, unlike the much more popular Ridley (of which the tragedy of probably never becoming playable is even more saddening), fans of Isaac will at least some day be able to play with a high-quality playable hack of Isaac. Isaac is most likely going to be among the five newcomers added to Project M. Evidence to support this is that Isaac dominated the official fan poll on the Project M portion for this site, and he also was part of a leak earlier this year in which he is indeed among the five newcomers planned for Project M.

So Isaac fans, you will just need to wait a little longer to finally play as Isaac in Smash Bros. Sure it won't be in a Sakurai directed title, but if the Project M team's work on Mewtwo and Roy is anything to go by, their Isaac will be indistinguishable in quality from Sakurai's creations.

I highly recommend all Isaac fans to pick up Project M. Not only will you guys eventually get Isaac down the line, but also four other newcomers to Smash Bros. (Lyn is likely to be among them, as well possibly Skull Kid), the return of Mewtwo and Roy, as well as having Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Ice Climbers, Squirtle and Lucas (all characters that did not return for Smash 4), a massive selection of high quality alternate costumes, as well as a wide selection of past stages from Smash 64 and Melee (as well as a few brand new stages).

Project M in many ways is a complementary game to Smash 4, and personally its going to be my home console Smash 4 (I do plan to pick up Smash 4 3DS though).

So the passion of Isaac and Golden Sun fans may have been ignored by Sakurai, however, in the end they will still win and get to experience their character of choice in Smash Bros.

You guys did a good job for a character that was basically a relic to another era. Hopefully, the Project M team's work on Isaac will satisfy you guys since unfortunately he probably won't be added in a future title.

However, as I said, it could be a lot worse. It seems like Sakurai is adamant about not ever adding in Ridley (has been a highly requested character for Smash Bros. for over a decade, and this even with relevance), and unlike Isaac, most likely won't be added to Project M.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's also worth noting that Saki, Ashley, and Kat &
Ana are confirmed Assist Trophies that don't show up on the 3DS version. Like you said, we'll have to see if Isaac shows up on the Wii U version before we can determine whenever or not he's a possible DLC candidate.

Either way, no Isaac sighting has me curious.
Actually all three of those have been seen on the 3DS. Currently there aren't any known Wii U exclusive ATs.

D

Deleted member

@ ChronoBound ChronoBound
Project M in many ways is a complementary game to Smash 4, and personally its going to be my home console Smash 4 (I do plan to pick up Smash 4 3DS though)
Hearing you say this is really weird. I thought that you wouldn't be getting either games if Ridley was not playable. Did the amount of new series characters change your mind on that?
Actually all three of those have been seen on the 3DS. Currently there aren't any known Wii U exclusive ATs.
Ooh. I thought they weren't for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm going to hope for the best for Isaac. Not being an assist trophy puts him a pretty good position going forward, even if he does show up as a regular trophy eventually. We should take this as a mini victory for now.

It's strange to think that this thread will be locked soon...

Well, see you again when character dlc becomes a thing. (If this thread doesn't lock soon I'm going to end up posting a third goodbye. :p)

Last edited:

Aldri

Smash Cadet
So, let us begin again!

Isaac is my number one most-wanted character for Smash. While his franchise is on the wane, he's not an assist (as far as we know--are assist trophies the same between versions?) and if he's still popular, it suggests he could be DLC!

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Hello again, friends. With Ripley out of the way, I believe Isaac will be at the forefront for newcomers. Was there anything in the direct about his assist trophy or Golden Sun music from Brawl?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hello again, friends. With Ripley out of the way, I believe Isaac will be at the forefront for newcomers. Was there anything in the direct about his assist trophy or Golden Sun music from Brawl?
Nothing about Isaac was shown as far as I could tell.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ahhhhh, nice to be back in the old headquarters.

Anyhow, here's hoping Isaac gets revealed as downloadable. I must say, the fact that we STILL have not seen anything Golden Sun related is suspicious.
Others would argue the exact opposite. Nice that these are open again, but does this mean the social forum will close now?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Let's get it started guys Isaac is definitely on his way. The real question is: when?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Let's get it started guys Isaac is definitely on his way. The real question is: when?
I hope you're right, but I won't say he's "on his way." I do think he's one of the more likely candidates overall, but I wouldn't say he's "on his way."

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hope you're right, but I won't say he's "on his way." I do think he's one of the more likely candidates overall, but I wouldn't say he's "on his way."
Contagious Optimism is what I'm going for here ;).

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
ok Isaac has to be DLC.He's not in the 3ds.Wasn't shown to be in the wii u.All i hear is isaac as DLC

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And we're back.

Though I don't really have anything new to say.

Isaac for DLC!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
ok Isaac has to be DLC.He's not in the 3ds.Wasn't shown to be in the wii u.All i hear is isaac as DLC
Don't get overexcited, for the longest time Ridley fans said the same thing with the way he was handled. Keep optimistic, but don't take things for granted.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't get overexcited, for the longest time Ridley fans said the same thing with the way he was handled. Keep optimistic, but don't take things for granted.
Ridley wasn't completely omitted though, people were just in denial about what his role likely was.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ridley wasn't completely omitted though, people were just in denial about what his role likely was.
Honestly, it was still a pretty cruel thing for Sakurai to do, he should have disconfirmed him the first Smash Bros. I'm not even a huge Ridley supporter and I found it pretty cruel, but I agree. I think Isaac is our single newcomer while definitely Wolf, maybe Snake, and even less likely Ice Climbers are going to be our list of characters we receive but only time will tell.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Ridley has fallen! I repeat, Ridley has fallen!

Ohhh man, I'm really feeling it: Isaac shakes things up!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly, it was still a pretty cruel thing for Sakurai to do, he should have disconfirmed him the first Smash Bros. I'm not even a huge Ridley supporter and I found it pretty cruel, but I agree. I think Isaac is our single newcomer while definitely Wolf, maybe Snake, and even less likely Ice Climbers are going to be our list of characters we receive but only time will tell.
Sakurai toyed with the fans a bit, but most of the suffering was self induced among the fanbase. I mean, Sakurai showed Pyrosphere and hinted at Ridley, then showed his shadow when boss characters were being presented. It's not like he did anything more than that, let alone dangled Ridley in front of people as a possible playable character, it was just people going crazy with anticipation, desire, and a lack of information.

He definitely could've been more forthcoming, but it's not like Ridley was teased as anything more than a boss or element on Pyrosphere.

Also Isaac. He'd be neat, wouldn't he?
Now my post isn't 100% off topic. :awesome:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I want to believe. What can we do to make Nintendo and/or Sakurai aware of how much we all want Isaac?

Also, did we ever figure out why Camelot is credited in the game? Is it because of the Mario Golf trophies?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a lot of splash art texts with Isaac along the lines of "Shakes it up". Wouldn't something like "Isaac - moves in" be more likely? If possible DLC-characters even get that kind of announcement anymore.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
To be honest, I think Sakurai might go with Matthew, since he's new face of GS, but to keep the retro fans hyped, will add Issac as pallete swaps.

Also @ N3ON N3ON , I may be a little late to join the supporters, but it's better late than never, right?

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm just glad that DLC is going to be real for the game thanks to Mewtwo. I'm pretty sure they have other characters still in the making along with Mewtwo. He was just a taste to something even bigger. Here's hoping for Isaac!

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think Sakurai might go with Matthew, since he's new face of GS, but to keep the retro fans hyped, will add Issac as pallete swaps.
I'd assume it's more likely the other way around. Matthew being an Isaac alt just like Alph being one for Olimar not vice versa. I do think that would make more sense, with Isaac being the series face and most important character by a long shot.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't really see the point. What's the difference? Isaac is more iconic, make Isaac the default and Matthew the alt. Its not much different overall, Isaac is far more recognized anyway.

I'd assume it's more likely the other way around. Matthew being an Isaac alt just like Alph being one for Olimar not vice versa. I do think that would make more sense, with Isaac being the series face and most important character by a long shot.
:4greninja:'d lol.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't really see the point. What's the difference? Isaac is more iconic, make Isaac the default and Matthew the alt. Its not much different overall, Isaac is far more recognized anyway.
Either way works, but they simply can't put Issac without Matthew and vice versa.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Either way works, but they simply can't put Issac without Matthew and vice versa.
I think they plain as day could, although its probably not likely. It all depends, though. For example, what if they want to use Isaac's Dark Dawn design? Not necessarily the most likely, but its possible. If they do, they'd have to make Matthew the exact same size as Isaac.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think they plain as day could, although its probably not likely. It all depends, though. For example, what if they want to use Isaac's Dark Dawn design? Not necessarily the most likely, but its possible. If they do, they'd have to make Matthew the exact same size as Isaac.
But if they use Issac's classic outfit, we can assume they have the same height. Of course, it'd be some kind of time paradox, but it wouldn't be the first time.

*cough, cough* Young Link, Toon Link, Lucas, All FE characters but Lucina *cough*

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Come to think of it, if we do get the Dark Dawn Isaac, would he, aside from the obviously immortal characters like Ganondorf, take the spot as the oldest character with a confirmed age? We do know he is 47 as of Dark Dawn. Would be kinda funny to keep that in mind when he quarrels with those young'uns like Mario or Toon Link.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Come to think of it, if we do get the Dark Dawn Isaac, would he, aside from the obviously immortal characters like Ganondorf, take the spot as the oldest character with a confirmed age? We do know he is 47 as of Dark Dawn. Would be kinda funny to keep that in mind when he quarrels with those young'uns like Mario or Toon Link.
What if I make a 48 years old Mii? :troll:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Mewtwo will not be ready until Spring 2015. You guys think they are working on something besides Mewtwo. Maybe a certain Adept? :smirk:

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
I think it's more likely that Felix would be put in as an alt, as Isaac and Matthew overlap alot in terms of appearance. Also, first time posting in this thread. You guys have my full support and hope for a Golden Sun rep.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Although technically, as far as I'm aware, he barely aged between the two games. But yeah he would be one of the oldest characters. Ganondorf, Palutena, and maybe Pit might be older (Pit's not a God but he may be immortal as he's an angel, but I'm not exactly sure).

Mewtwo will not be ready until Spring 2015. You guys think they are working on something besides Mewtwo. Maybe a certain Adept? :smirk:
I definitely think they are working on a DLC pack to release alongside Mewtwo. The way I see it, there's going to be DLC packs for Smash Wii U, at least two, similar to MK8. They'll likely be released about six months apart, and will contain a new character and a stage. MAYBE a Brawl vet to go along with it (I would not be surprised). I see Mewtwo as a "bonus" to this pack.

I could be wrong, naturally, and I may very well be. I don't necessarily think Isaac is to be developed alongside Mewtwo, but its possible. For example, Mewtwo, Isaac, and Lucas releasing at the same time would make for a nice DLC pack. All three are RPG telepaths. Mewtwo is likely a bonus to the pack (if you don't have Smash Wii U and 3DS both), but its hard to tell.

This would also give time to announce GS4, and maybe have a DK pack (along with Wolf perhaps) for the next DLC pack to promote a potential new DK game.

I'm not sure exactly, I could be blatantly wrong, and probably am. Damnit, why am I speculating again when I told myself I wouldn't?!

Top Bottom