• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Another thought that probably won't be in the final build:

What if a Golden Sun character was determined based off of which special moves you chose? Characters in Smash 4 have alternate moves for each special, so each direction can have an option for each element. Then, if you take the Venus psyenergy option on each special you appear as Isaac/Felix/Matthew, if you take all Mercury psyenergy you appear as Mia/Piers/Amiti, etc etc.

There are so many different ways to make a smash character out of the Golden Sun universe, I can't image the developers NOT wanting to design one :) Though official confirmation would be phenomenal...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't think Sakurai will even include Dark Dawn content at all, I think Golden Sun is going in as a classic series to represent the GBA era, and think about it, Golden Sun was one of the best games in the GBA era.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

I have shown a lot of love for Ridley now it's time for me to show some love for Golden Sun

Last edited:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
So bueno that this thread is busting with energy about time I can't help but get excited at the potential Isaac reveal, and even if we do see him as an AT, I still have hope that Matthew could fill in that slot, or better yet, vice versa.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I know it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but I love your signature.

The metaphor about cut and move is perfect, alright, alright, no need to bully my innocent, pure, and well-intentioned opinion... I get it already, Glove elemental (:troll:) attacks are not making it to Isaac's moveset, I was just trying to suggest options, I... I... :sadeyes: *sobs* Sorry, I'll be just crying around this corner.

BUT!! Every character has a few customizable specials. I'll leave it there, just like that.
Haha, thanks - I had fun coming up with stupid things to write over the characters' faces XD

And hey, Isaac could totally also use his magic hand powaz for taunts! Like he could use them to flip other characters the bird give a thumbs up or something, idk :rolleyes:

Also, hooray for 100+ pages!

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Haha, thanks - I had fun coming up with stupid things to write over the characters' faces XD

And hey, Isaac could totally also use his magic hand powaz for taunts! Like he could use them to flip other characters the bird give a thumbs up or something, idk :rolleyes:

Also, hooray for 100+ pages!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
By the way, I am extremely glad that he's playable in SSF2, this probably the best alternative if he's not in SSF2!
Honestly shocked you guys aren't that excited.

Last edited:

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
By the way, I am extremely glad that he's playable in SSF2, this probably the best alternative if he's not in SSF2!
Honestly shocked you guys aren't that excited.
I'm pretty sure a few people are, I personally adore his sprite and splash image. Plus the same can be said towards Chrom, Shulk, Bandana Dee, etc.

But yes, it is a good alternative unless Project M reveals him as well.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I love the sprite they made for Isaac, but I can't say I've ever really cared for SSF2 (I think I tried it once for like 2 minutes and couldn't get the hang of it). Does it have controller support? I'd love to check it out when Isaac is ready.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll be trying SSF2 again once Isaac is playable, but I don't really care about that game. I don't like how some of the sprites clash with others aesthetically, they all look bad zoomed in, and the character choices are overall not my cup of tea.

I'm fairly confident at one point or another Isaac will be playable in either P:M or SSB4, so I've waited this long, I don't mind waiting a bit longer for when either of those finally come to fruition.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think Sakurai will even include Dark Dawn content at all, I think Golden Sun is going in as a classic series to represent the GBA era, and think about it, Golden Sun was one of the best games in the GBA era.
I really doubt that we won't see Dark Dawn content in this game. It's not like games that don't sell well get completely ignored in smash Bros. It exists whether you like it or not.

It'll probably depend on if we get Isaac playable though. I'd imagine we'd get a Matthew alt and probably a song (or two maybe) based off Dark Dawn. Probably some trophies too. I don't think we'd get a stage based on it though, that would be reserved to the original game.

I'd say emphasis would be placed on the first two games but I can't see Dark Dawn being ignored.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

I really doubt that we won't see Dark Dawn content in this game. It's not like games that don't sell well get completely ignored in smash Bros. It exists whether you like it or not.

It'll probably depend on if we get Isaac playable though. I'd imagine we'd get a Matthew alt and probably a song (or two maybe) based off Dark Dawn. Probably some trophies too. I don't think we'd get a stage based on it though, that would be reserved to the original game.

I'd say emphasis would be placed on the first two games but I can't see Dark Dawn being ignored.
Dark Dawn should just be trophies, they have two versions so they could have classic character trophies in one version and Dark Dawn trophies in the other.

As for Dark Dawn music, ok then put Saturos's theme in, its still in Dark Dawn, its the music when you fight Dullahan in that game.

Also how could you not include Isaac's battle theme?

I think a remix combination of the title screen and the Vale music would sound neat, Sakurai seems to like doing that for classic games.

The only music I liked in Dark Dawn besides the Saturos Theme was the Snowdrift Shrine music.

I still want that Saturos costume.

As for Assist Trophy, make it Alex then.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I'd love a remix of the Boss battle themes from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. It was one of my favourite Dark Dawn tunes. (probably the second version more than the first version)

I don't think enough credit is being given to Dark Dawn, especially when it could have been the game that tipped Isaac into playable territory.

I may prefer the original two games to Dark Dawn, but if Dark Dawn played a role in getting Isaac playable then in my eyes it deserves whatever representation it gets.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So you would rather have a clone Isaac playable than a unique fully sprited one? Because I heard they are only making clones now.
Where'd you hear that?

I heard if they were to include Isaac it'd take a lot of animation time, which is what's said about original characters.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, lets say Golden Sun gets two spots for reps. Who should the other spot go to? Personally, I think it should go to Sveta.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So you would rather have a clone Isaac playable than a unique fully sprited one? Because I heard they are only making clones now.
Actually, the clone engine just uses other characters as a base. Mewtwo is technically a clone of Lucario in Project M, actually (since they can't make projectiles from physical moves since Aura sphere was in the right spot). It's just that they changed the properties and the model entirely to create a new character. Basically, it's like cloning Fox to make Falco...except it makes Pikachu instead.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's sad, all these bogus wish list leaks I see don't include Isaac. He hasn't gotten as much attention post Robin as I thought he would.

TeamFlareZakk

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but what do you guys think Isaac's Trailer would be like?
Link is fighting Ganondorf and getting his butt kicked cause he's too powerful, then Isaac challenges Ganondorf, so I'm thinking it will be Isaac taking on the returning veteran Ganondorf.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Hey guys, lets say Golden Sun gets two spots for reps. Who should the other spot go to? Personally, I think it should go to Sveta.
I don't think Golden Sun needs/deserves more than one rep, but for the sake of your question I would say Alex or Garet, since those 3 (along with Kraden and the Wise One) are the only characters to appear in all 3 GS games. I would prefer Alex though as a pure water mage (no combat weapons) to counter Isaac's Earth elements and be the only other element that Robin doesn't use.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I always envisioned a mysterious silhouette appearing, then using Judgment to blast all the opponents away before Isaac finally reveals himself. That's just my theory, though.

If Golden Sun ever gets a second rep, it should DEFINITELY be Alex.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Second rep? Menardi. I really liked her and that sister of hers hah. But that's just my opinion. Alex is cool. Maybe make him a boss or something in Smash 4 or a hazard.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
A second rep would most likely be Garet or one of the Mercury adepts. I'd be super excited to play Alex, but he might be a little too powerful to be balanced :p (of course they can scale him back, though)

Saturous and Menardi would also be the best thing ever... what if they got the Ice Climbers treatment and you get to play both, but way more badass? I'd kill for that.

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
How many of you guys feel Issac should just forgo the sword all together a la Ganondorf and focus primarily on Psynergy with a few kicks/punches for tilts/jab? Not because Issac can't distinguish himself as a swordsman or anything but because......well to be frank, I really want a pure caster who's moveset, both specials and normals, was mostly casting with relatively few physical attacks and I was hoping Robin would be that character as Zelda, Rosalina, and Palutena don't quite do it for me as spell casters. While I love what Sakurai did with Robin, Issac's kind of my last hope for a pure caster.

While I don't think Sakurai has some arbitrary limit on swordsman, would Issac really be more interesting as a swordsman as opposed to a pure spellcaster?

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Garet with Roy's moveset :troll:

I'm still happy no one has spotted yet Isaac as an AT.

How many of you guys feel Issac should just forgo the sword all together a la Ganondorf and focus primarily on Psynergy with a few kicks/punches for tilts/jab? Not because Issac can't distinguish himself as a swordsman or anything but because......well to be frank, I really want a pure caster who's moveset, both specials and normals, was mostly casting with relatively few physical attacks and I was hoping Robin would be that character as Zelda, Rosalina, and Palutena don't quite do it for me as spell casters. While I love what Sakurai did with Robin, Issac's kind of my last hope for a pure caster.

While I don't think Sakurai has some arbitrary limit on swordsman, would Issac really be more interesting as a swordsman as opposed to a pure spellcaster?
He'd be more like Link rather than the other sword users, I personally think he'll use his sword for his F-Smash with the same animation he does in his game and a few aerials because why not.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Saturous and Menardi would also be the best thing ever... what if they got the Ice Climbers treatment and you get to play both, but way more badass? I'd kill for that.
Please. I would love that very much. Make them like Rosalina and Luma haha. That would make everyone upset. Too bad they aren't doing the whole multiple characters on one slot like with Pokemon Trainer. Switching between the two would've been great. But that's neither here nor there. It is all about our boy Isaac (or Matthew).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Alex would make sense as a hypothetical second GS character considering he plays a role in all the games like Isaac and because he would represent something different from Isaac.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but what do you guys think Isaac's Trailer would be like?
Whoever it would feature, I would love for it to be in the Elemental Stars chamber, just because it's a dark location, and thus would help provide a mysterious atmosphere that would be perfect for a reveal trailer for him.

It would also be drop-dead gorgeous on top over everything else and I wouldn't be able to take it. My mind would be gone. xD

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ness or Lucas would be fun in an Isaac reveal. Is there a general consensus on possible Golden Sun items?

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Ness or Lucas would be fun in an Isaac reveal. Is there a general consensus on possible Golden Sun items?
Bramble seed seems like the most reasonable choice. Crystal Powder would be pretty cool too. Freezing enemies upon touching. I think the game has enough healing items (a lot from LoZ) as it is.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
For some reason I feel like it would be Jenna. Although Felix could be a possibility as a clone....

I'd pick Jenna or possibly Saturos & Minardi. (another tag team could be interesting)

Top Bottom