• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I would rather the hand psynergy be confined to Isaac's grab so we can save his specials for actual elemental psynergy attacks. Move/Grab/etc are ok, but I mean, like... they're basically what cut is to Pokemon, and I would not be advocating for cut to be a part of any Pokemon's moveset XD Sure, Charizard had(has?) rock smash, but even that was a bit of a strange choice. The hands make perfect sense for grabs, though, so I'm cool with that idea :D
I know it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but I love your signature.

The metaphor about cut and move is perfect, alright, alright, no need to bully my innocent, pure, and well-intentioned opinion... I get it already, Glove elemental (:troll:) attacks are not making it to Isaac's moveset, I was just trying to suggest options, I... I... :sadeyes: *sobs* Sorry, I'll be just crying around this corner.

BUT!! Every character has a few customizable specials. I'll leave it there, just like that.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but I love your signature.

The metaphor about cut and move is perfect, alright, alright, no need to bully my innocent, pure, and well-intentioned opinion... I get it already, Glove elemental (:troll:) attacks are not making it to Isaac's moveset, I was just trying to suggest options, I... I... :sadeyes: *sobs* Sorry, I'll be just crying around this corner.

BUT!! Every character has a few customizable specials. I'll leave it there, just like that.
The thing about Isaac is he has dozens, if not hundreds, of potential attacks considering all the material he has to work with, which makes for literally countless ways of envisioning how he'd play, so don't worry about it. ;)

Oh and hey! Well done everyone, 100 pages of Isaac support! Pretty good for a character who hasn't been playable since the Gamecube was current. :smirk:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I know, I know, was just making silly drama =P

Robin just got nosferatu, and he doesn't even use that in the game. If Isaac is the only GS rep (which is likely if he makes in), following the same logic gives him... Every psynergy ever? That's a LOT of potential moves.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The thing about Isaac is he has dozens, if not hundreds, of potential attacks considering all the material he has to work with, which makes for literally countless ways of envisioning how he'd play, so don't worry about it. ;)

Oh and hey! Well done everyone, 100 pages of Isaac support! Pretty good for a character who hasn't been playable since the Gamecube was current. :smirk:
Yay, 100 pages! Boyah!

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Yay, 100 pages! Boyah!
You got me dancing in my bedroom, such catchy rhythm!
Ceeeleeebrate good times, c'mon! :disco:

Edit: I forgot to congratulate everyone! I haven't been around for long, but the wishes are still there. Happy 100th page, guys!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Happy 100 pages fellow supporters!!!

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
100th page. Congratulations and very nice you guys. After playing through GS 2 I kind of want Isaac to borrow the move Odyssey. Although I know its not apart of his move set the skill is just very cool. At least give me Ragnarok.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys! Isaac......is in.......Super Smash Flash 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:colorful::joyful::joyful::joyful::b::b::b::b::b::b::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::):):):):):):):):):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Oh, Praise God! Finally, I can play as Isaac!!!!! Though it's still not SSB4.......:sadeyes: But whatever!:grin:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey guys! Isaac......is in.......Super Smash Flash 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:colorful::joyful::joyful::joyful::b::b::b::b::b::b::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::):):):):):):):):):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Oh, Praise God! Finally, I can play as Isaac!!!!! Though it's still not SSB4.......:sadeyes: But whatever!:grin:
How long has that game been in development??
It seems like I played the Demo forever ago.

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I definitely want the hand to be Isaac's grab. At least to grab opponents (then he could do attacks like punji strike or something if they want more traditional-style throws).

Also 100 page hype!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was just thinking of the hand being Isaac's grab, too... He can even make it a Tether recovery. I guess we're all in the same boat on this one (well, I didn't think about the idea until I replayed Golden Sun and saw Dora pick up Isaac's cloak off the wall).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Call me when he's in Project M. :p

Out of all possible newcomers, Issac is my #1 most wanted.
You'd think you could at least spell his name right in that case. :troll:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Call me when he's in Project M. :p
You'd think you could at least spell his name right in that case. :troll:
You're a real Douche aren't ya?:troll:
But for real would you want Isaac to be in Project M if he's most definitely gonna be a clone?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You're a real Douche aren't ya?:troll:
But for real would you want Isaac to be in Project M if he's most definitely gonna be a clone?
I'm not a douche, I'm a ***** you ass. :troll:

I doubt he'd be a clone in P:M. Who would he even be a clone of?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not a douche, I'm a ***** you ***. :troll:

This is for you @ N3ON N3ON ...
-video removed-
Please don't infract me.:sadeyes:
Edit: Aw Crap it cut out at the end.:laugh:
On the Project M thing I can faintly remember someone saying that Isaac was in top position to be put in through the clone engine.
But don't quote me on that, I would kill to see Isaac in Project M.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a douche, I'm a ***** you ***. :troll:

Way to respond, Captain Justice.
This is for you @ N3ON N3ON ...
-removed-
Please don't infract me.:sadeyes:
Edit: Aw Crap it cut out at the end.:laugh:
On the Project M thing I can faintly remember someone saying that Isaac was in top position to be put in through the clone engine.
But don't quote me on that, I would kill to see Isaac in Project M.
The "clone engine" is not exclusive to clone characters, though all the current characters added with that method are clones somehow (Mewtwo and Roy) ;P

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Way to respond, Captain Justice.
The "clone engine" is not exclusive to clone characters, though all the current characters added with that method are clones somehow (Mewtwo and Roy) ;P
I'm not quite sure how the clone engine works fill me in on it if you don't mind.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
Had to remove it, can't allow censor bypasses. Sorries.
Mewtwo isn't a clone...
I was expecting more than just it being removed honestly, so don't be sorry about it.
Oh, so the clone engine does only work for clones?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Warning Received
He is, of Mew LOL, failed clone, actually.
But Srsly you knew exactly what we were actually talking about, don't play stupid with me.:troll:

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I support Issac!

just trying to get a post on the 100th page

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I was expecting more than just it being removed honestly, so don't be sorry about it.
The PM clone engine uses one of the seven unused Brawl characters slots in the game to add characters. Meaning that they can still add 5 more characters.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The PM clone engine uses one of the seven unused Brawl characters slots in the game. Meaning that they can still add 5 more characters.
Ah, ok but why is it called the "clone engine" does it have something to do with taking a move-set from another character and building on it?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I believe the clone engine uses and writes over the seven unused slots in Brawl's data (explaining why we got Roy, Mewtwo, and will be getting five more), not that it can only make clones. Original characters are totally possible, but due to all the animations they would need it would take a lot longer to make one. But Isaac is the most popular request for P:M, so he still has a very good chance at inclusion.

It's called the clone engine because it clones character slots, not characters iirc. The only thing it takes from an existing character is the data of the slot, everything else can be customized.

Though I definitely could be wrong about some of this stuff.

He is, of Mew LOL, failed clone, actually.

I've been defeated~

-removed-
But Srsly you knew exactly what we were actually talking about, don't play stupid with me.:troll:
I do have to give you a warning for this one, considering you posted the exact same video I just removed.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I believe the clone engine uses and writes over the seven unused slots in Brawl's data (explaining why we got Roy, Mewtwo, and will be getting five more), not that it can only make clones. Original characters are totally possible, but due to all the animations they would need it would take a lot longer to make one. But Isaac is the most popular request for P:M, so he still has a very good chance at inclusion.

It's called the clone engine because it clones character slots, not characters iirc. The only thing it takes from an existing character is the data of the slot, everything else can be customized.

I've been defeated~

I do have to give you a warning for this one, considering you posted the exact same video I just removed.
Oh crap that was an honest mistake it was supposed to be this vid.
I'll just go edit that reeeaall quick.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wish we had more info on Isaac and Assist Trohpies, but I like the idea of unlocking Isaac by defeating Master Hand and Crazy Hand, that'd be sweet. Nice nod to Golden Sun, as well.

Also, 100 pages. w00t!

I think they might wait until they make sure Isaac isn't in Smash Wii U, first. They've already said they don't want to add the characters from Smash Wii U so they don't get the project shut down.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Actually, the clone engine uses other characters as a base. Mewtwo is technically a clone of Lucario in Project M, actually. It's just that they changed the properties and the model entirely to create a new character (since they can't make projectiles from physical moves since Aura sphere was in the right spot). Basically, it's like cloning Fox to make Falco...except it makes Pikachu instead.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think they might wait until they make sure Isaac isn't in Smash Wii U, first. They've already said they don't want to add the characters from Smash Wii U so they don't get the project shut down.
Actually, the clone engine uses other characters as a base. Mewtwo is technically a clone of Lucario in Project M, actually. It's just that they changed the properties and the model entirely to create a new character. Basically, it's like cloning Fox to make Falco...except it makes Pikachu instead.
Well there you go. I don't follow P:M development too closely... I just get excited when they show new stuff. ^_^

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well there you go. I don't follow P:M development too closely... I just get excited when they show new stuff. ^_^
Same here I only follow the game mechanics themselves real close.
Like they said wave-dashing was coming back, when they announced it, I kind of broke the chair I was sitting in.:awesome:

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'd definitely like to see Isaac's psychic hand implemented into his grab moves rather than elsewhere in his moveset. Here's how I envision his grab moves.

Grab - Isaac uses Catch to grab an opponent at a distance.
Pummel - Isaac uses Slap on the grabbed opponent.
Forward throw - Isaac uses Force to hit his opponent away.
Back throw - Isaac uses Move to push his opponent away.
Up throw - Isaac Scoops his opponent up into the air.
Down throw - Isaac Pounds his opponent into the ground.
Arial grab - Isaac uses Grip as a tether recovery.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Same here I only follow the game mechanics themselves real close.
Like they said wave-dashing was coming back, when they announced it, I kind of broke the chair I was sitting in.:awesome:
Believe it or not, some advocates of sukapon consider Peach to be the perfect candidate for the clone to base him off of. The result? Concept art. Hilarious, beautiful concept art:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd definitely like to see Isaac's psychic hand implemented into his grab moves rather than elsewhere in his moveset. Here's how I envision his grab moves.

I like it it's well thought out using alot of the moves from the game.
This is how I kind of saw his grab game as well...
But a little less creative.:laugh:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

That's quite cool, actually. I also envision Isaac using Catch to pick up items, too, since my guess is he'd just be too lazy to actually pick them up with his hands (plus sometimes he might be wielding a two-handed weapon).

I really like that, neat.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
SSF2 has Issac.
Not in v0.9b, but it has Issac.
Justwantedyoutoknow

Top Bottom