• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gentlemen's Open: Results

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
The Gentlemen's Open
~DSR~
7/27/2013
Kalamazoo, MI

My god, was this an amazing experience for me. The Gentlemen's Club has always wanted to host a tourney of their own, and I was glad to have been able to lead those efforts into reality. Things didn't run as quickly as I may have liked (a topic which will be brainstormed upon in anticipation for the next installment of the Club), but we managed to pull off 5 events, with Melee & PM Doubles, as well as Melee & PM Singles, both running concurrently, respectively. It couldn't have been done without every last bit of help that I received with logistics. A big thank you to everyone who came out to my first tournament! It was a pleasure to have you all here.

I want to extend a special thanks to all of the following people:
~root and General Heinz for stepping up to the plate and TO'ing PM and 64, respectively.
~Juggleguy for helping me on several occasions with all manner of tourney logistics, ideas on obtaining venues, and much more.
~Slayertokey for volunteering, on his own volition, to bring and set up the stream. Special thanks to him and everyone else who helped to maintain it throughout the day.
~kd and everyone else who did commentary on the stream. (Gentlemen: I'm looking at you ;))
~Zbet, General Heinz, and Blake for aiding me in many ways on tournament day, at and away from the desk.
~Lordy, root, and all others that helped me seed the PM Singles bracket.
~All of the Gentlemen's Club for all of the events and details up to and including this day, since the very beginning, that led to the fruition of this event.
~Anyone else who I may have forgotten to mention, but who helped me out in even the most small of ways yesterday; thank you to you guys, as well.
~To everyone, no matter how short or long (especially to those long) your travel times were, for coming out to make this event everything that it was.

A link to the original tournament thread can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-gentlemens-open-melee-pm-64-july-27th-2013-kalamazoo-mi.338388/

A stream archive (which will hopefully be converted into a wall of YouTube videos on a playlist in the near future, link to be posted here) can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/slayertokey/old

And without further ado, here come the results! I listed all of the character icons that I could remember for each singles event. Feel free to PM me if you remember any others or notice any corrections that I need to make, and I will do my best to put them in here in a timely fashion.

(Note: Slayertokey entered as Free. Soul entered as Hot_Arms.)

(Note: $5 were taken from the Melee Singles, Project Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, and Project Melee Doubles pots each, for a total of $20, to be added to the Michigan Melee Summer Circuit prize pot, which will be awarded at Juggleguy's Body City tournament on August 10th.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melee Singles (25 entrants) [Double Elimination Bracket]

1: Free ($124.00) :falconmelee: :marthmelee:
2. Juggleguy ($67.00) :falconmelee:
3. KJH ($34.00) :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
4. Bigy :falconmelee: :linkmelee:
5. Rh1thmz :falcomelee:
5. Blake :foxmelee:
7. Zbet :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee:
7. Hot_Arms :luigimelee: :mariomelee: :marthmelee:
9. General Heinz :falconmelee:
9. machinegungeek :peachmelee:
9. tm :ganondorfmelee:
9. kd :foxmelee:
13. RyeJew :foxmelee:
13. Stif :marthmelee:
13. TDAS :peachmelee:
13. Didlo :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
17. trip :drmario:
17. Lance :zeldamelee:
17. Shocksauce (DQ) :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
17. Onski :marthmelee:
17. L-Cancel :jigglypuffmelee:
17. Goonsquad :falcomelee: :sheikmelee:
17. Deepsea Squid :ganondorfmelee:
17. Bane :falconmelee: :gawmelee: :nessmelee:
25. fishnax :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:

~Bracket Image~

A larger bracket image can be found by clicking two times on the magnifying glass in the lower-right hand corner of the image at this link: http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/Rh1thmz/media/TGO Bracket Images/TGOMeleeSinglesbracket_zpsb22e87f5.png.html?sort=3&o=4

Project Melee Singles (21 entrants) [Double Elimination Bracket]

1: Bigy ($44.00) :dk2:
2. KJH ($24.00) :fox:
3. Blake ($12.00) :fox: :falco:
4. Rh1thmz :metaknight: :falco:
5. Lordy
5. Free:falcon:
7. Benji :sheik:
7. Goonsquad :falco: :sheik:
9. Deepsea Squid :ganondorf:
9. TDAS :peach:
9. Zbet :falcon:
9. root :sheilda:
13. McKillington
13. Stif
13. L-Cancel :bowser2:
13. T-bird :falcon:
17. Sarix :link2:
17. Bane (DQ)
17. Onski :charizard: :ivysaur:
17. Didlo :sheik: :fox:
17. C-Sock :ganondorf:

~Bracket Image~

A larger bracket image can be found by clicking two time on the magnifying glass in the lower-right hand corner of the image at this link: http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/Rh1thmz/media/TGO Bracket Images/TGOPMSinglesbracket_zps15647e9a.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Smash 64 Singles (7 entrants) [Round Robin]

1. General Heinz ($25.00) :falcon64:
2. Blake ($10.00) :jigglypuff64: :fox64:
3. RyeJew :samus64:
4. Purgatory :falcon64:
5. Sarix :samus64:
6. Rh1thmz :yoshi64: :fox64:
7. Zbet :pikachu64:

~Bracket Image~

Melee Doubles (8 teams entered) [Double Elimination Bracket]

1. Juggleguy & KJH ($53.00)
2. Free & Hot_Arms ($22.00)
3. Bigy & TDAS
4. Blake & Zbet
5. Rh1thmz & General Heinz
5. kd & machinegungeek
7. tm & trip
7. Benji & L-Cancel

~Bracket Image~

Project Melee Doubles (7 teams entered) [Round Robin]

1. Bigy & TDAS ($46.00)
2. Free & KJH ($19.00)
3. Lordy & Benji
4. L-Cancel & T-bird
5. Rh1thmz & General Heinz
6. McKillington & root
7. Sarix & C-Sock

~Bracket Image~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to the top entrants on their placings! Please feel free to leave any positive and/or constructive feedback here in your comments. Feel free to post your shout-outs, as well! Everyone always loves to see those, myself included. It's a really awesome "aftertouch" to a tournament experience. A final thank you to everyone who attended!

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
kd ninja'd my follow up post. Get bodied Rh1thmz

But yeah, the tourney is listed with a Brawl, Melee, ProjectM, and SSB64 prefix because there is no available prefix for Melee, ProjectM, and SSB64. lol

So my apologies to the Brawlers that come to this page and leave empty handed of Brawl results.

But yeah, attempting to fix broken bracket images now. Should be done soon.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
stif went marth vs me at least and trip went doc the whole tourney

and tevin also went sheik in at least his set with tm

once again, good **** everyone. shoutouts soon.

edit: also sarix went samus in 64

Stif

Smash Apprentice
I had so much fun at this tourney it was the second tourney i went to and the first tourney that I actually won a bracket match in (sorry sarix), I really hope to be out to the next one and for sure will be going to the big house. Also i can tell you guys who all the people in crew played in the tournaments.

DeepSeaSquid was gannondorf in melee and M, GoonSquad was falco/shiek in both, Didlo was sheik and fox and onski was marth in Melee and charizard/ivy in M.

Finally huge shoutouts to General Heinz and everyone else who played friendlies with me and were just generally nice.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Okay, it's only fitting that my 300th post would be a shout-out post for my first tourney that I hosted, so here goes. All of my thanks and such are above, so let's get right into the nitty-gritty and shout out some players:

Melee Shoutouts

1: Free ($124.00) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: - U so troll winnin the tourney as Free
2. Juggleguy ($67.00) :falconmelee: - Again, thanks for all of the help. Not good enough to find time to play friendlies while TO'ing yet, haha. Perhaps next time there's a Kzoo tourney, we'll get some Kzoo friendlies in. Let's try to get some games in at Body City.
3. KJH ($34.00) :foxmelee: :falcomelee: - Holy **** I didn't expect that Melee set to get that hype at all, haha. I'll have to resolve that salt next time I see you. You'd best be at Body City, son. Good games. We had some pretty crazy sets on Saturday.
4. Bigy :falconmelee: :linkmelee: - Salty about that Falcon, man. Pretty whack. You'll have to come down to Kzoo so I can get some revenge ;) It's great to see you playing again, man!
5. Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - Laser reset > fsmash puts hair on your chest
5. Blake :foxmelee: - I wanted you to win vs KJH sooooo bad! How could you lose you jabroni
Good ****, man. Your Fox is so awesome.
7. Zbet :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: - The epic tourney runback 18 months in the making finally happened, Jerry. That set was easily one of the top 3 most intense moments all day long to me. Good ****ing games, dude.
7. Hot_Arms :luigimelee: :mariomelee: :marthmelee: - Sorry that I didn't get any games with my Falco in on you, man. Let's get our fair share in at Body City.
9. General Heinz :falconmelee: - Thanks for all the help, dude. You definitely took charge of 64.
9. machinegungeek :peachmelee: - stay salty
9. tm :ganondorfmelee: - Didn't get to play you, but from what I heard from Elliot, you've gotten a lot better. Hope to see you at Body City and get some matches in on you!
9. kd :foxmelee: - Thanks for all of the commentary, dude. Come out of "retirement" #freechad
13. Didlo - Wat is this tag I don't even
17. trip :drmario: - Didn't get to play any matches, but as a fellow crew member of Sex Panther, I always got a soft spot for those Doc mains. Keep it up, dude.
17. Shocksauce (DQ) :falcomelee: :foxmelee: - y0000o0o00o0o0o00o where'd you go son u be flakin the GR needed you
17. L-Cancel :jigglypuffmelee: - GG's in bracket. Puff is such a stressful character to fight against as Falco, lol.
25. fishnax :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: - Finally got to see you come out to a tourney! Sorry we didn't get to play any matches; I was tied to TO duties all day. I'm not quite good enough at it yet to find time to play friendlies and MM's like Rob is, haha.

Project Melee Shoutouts

1: Bigy ($44.00) :dk2: - That Donkey Kong was disgusting in teams. Good stuff to you and TDAS.
2. KJH ($24.00) :fox: - Salty about losing to your Fox, lol. I'll get him next time. Great set in WS, man. I had a lot of fun in it.
3. Blake ($12.00) :fox: :falco: - PJSalt all around that LS set. **** you, you jabroni. Much love, though
4. Rh1thmz :metaknight: :falco: - Mel2K doin' it up #MKhasbeenfreed
5. Lordy - Thanks for all of the help with seeding and various other things. Epic teams set.
5. Free :falcon: - GG's dude. That was a fun ass set.
7. Benji :sheik: - Yeah, I didn't see my MK beating you, lol. Good ****, man. I happen to have an asston of experience in the Falco - Sheik MU in Melee, though, so I had a backup plan. Good games, dude.
7. Goonsquad - I didn't get to play you, but that's one hell of a tear through losers you made, dude. Root's a good PM player. Thanks for coming out!
9. TDAS :peach: - Good **** in teams, dude. Your team with Bigy was something else.
9. Zbet - Didn't get to play in bracket, but I'm sure I woulda stomped you if we did. youtight stay mad
9. root :sheilda: - Thanks for all your help, dude. Good games in teams; was wondering why you switched off of Pit for game 3, though.
13. L-Cancel :bowser2: - Good games in teams. Dat Boozer was fearsome, for sure.
13. T-bird :falcon: - GG's in bracket. Falcon's a manly ass character, for sure.
17. Sarix :link2: - GG's in teams. Link's so different in PM, haha.
17. Didlo - Wat is this tag I don't even
17. C-Sock :ganondorf: - GG's in teams, dude.

Shoutouts to everyone who I didn't meet on a setup who came out to the tourney.

Epic. More tournies to come from Kalamazoo in the future. Until then, keep practicing, everyone!

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
1: Free ($124.00)- taking marth back to the top, slayertokey for president
2. Juggleguy ($67.00) - glad the master TO showed up , helped make sure things ran smoothly, and placed high
3. KJH ($34.00) - hype sets in both games, don't know why East MI gives you so much crap lol
4. Bigy - hype sets in both games also. come to a KZoo smashfest sometime.
5. Rh1thmz - wh1thyms hype. solid TO job and games in PM and teams
7. Zbet - z2bet hype. you will get your revenge lol
7. Hot_Arms- hype set in tourney, and awesome time at my house after lol
9. General Heinz - best set of the tourney for me lol. too hype
9. machinegungeek - made it all the way out from California, and almost took out josh haha nice. solid teams at my house after also
9. kd- such a hype set in singles. i thought i was done for sure.
13. RyeJew - hype set vs elliot, and hype hanging out at my house after the tourney.
13. TDAS - good games in teams and pm. i thought me and zbet had you and bigy for sure!
17. Shocksauce (DQ) - wtf shocksause, we played friendlies for like an hour and then you bailed lol mustve had something to do

tm

Smash Ace
(Note: Slayertokey entered as Free. Soul entered as Hot_Arms.)

1: Free ($124.00) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: Damn, good ****. You're way too good and really fun to watch. See ya next time.
2. Juggleguy ($67.00) :falconmelee: Good job dude, you played well. Nice in doubles as well. Cool talking & friendly-ing, some day I'll catch up.
3. KJH ($34.00) :foxmelee: :falcomelee: Good ****, you continue to impress me at every tourney. Keep working on that shield drop, you're getting pretty good at it. Once I get a better handle on the matchup i'll be more useful for you to friendly :p
4. Bigy :falconmelee: :linkmelee: Cool as **** link, dude. Can't win 'em all though
5. Rh1thmz :falcomelee: nice job playing & running tourney. Although it went pretty late it was good. Thanks again for letting me enter bracket late. I won't be able to be at body city but maybe we can play another time. P.S. lance went zelda in melee singles, if you want to update that.
5. Blake :foxmelee: Nice dude, you're fun to watch and seem a lot better than last I saw you. Keep it up
7. Zbet :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: Fun as hell. I'll get that matchup though, and then you'll really have to be a **** and switch to sheik :p GGs
7. Hot_Arms :luigimelee: :mariomelee: :marthmelee: Thanks a ton for the advice and confidence. I had a lot of fun playing and learning from you. 'Till next time
9. General Heinz :falconmelee: Nice friendlies, fun as always. Don't slouch though, or I'll surpass you!
9. tm :ganondorfmelee: not bad, Ganon's moving on up this list. (****ing falco/sheik though)
9. kd :foxmelee: you're cool dude. Nice commentary. Trip told me you gave him some advice, which he appreciated. If you ever wanna talk...
13. RyeJew :foxmelee: Don't feel bad. And happy belated birthday! gotta get the right mental state. Practice more under pressure. You won't improve with a negative attitude. Anyway, fun friendlies, see you next time.
17. trip :drmario: level up dude :p I'll give you more spacies practice. We need to work on our doubles a lot too.
17. Lance :zeldamelee: not bad for first tourney. pls come out again, was really fun
17. L-Cancel :jigglypuffmelee: not bad, keep working on your spacing and combo/rest game and you'll get a lot better. You didn't know I was good vs doc, so nice try on that counterpick but I was ready.
25. fishnax :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: better luck next time. P.S. don't counterpick YS as sheik against ganon LOL

brayden7

Smash Cadet
okay time for the long as shout outs............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................shout outs to everyone.............................................

Sarix

Smash Ace
1: Bigy ($44.00) :dk2: Your DK is scary, it was fun playing a friendlies game with you.
2. KJH ($24.00) :fox: I don't think I got to play or talk to you.
3. Blake ($12.00) :fox: :falco: Your Fox in Melee was fun to watch.
4. Rh1thmz :metaknight: :falco: It was fun coming to Kzoo. Link is very different in P:M haha, I think it's for the better though. I'm surprised Csock and I held our own the way we did against you guys.
5. Lordy I'm not really surprised at your placing, you're the best player from GR pretty much.
5. Free:falcon: Same as KJH.
7. Benji :sheik: It was cool seeing you again.
7. Goonsquad :falco: :sheik: Same as KJH.
9. Deepsea Squid :ganondorf: Your Ganon was such a trap for me haha. Whenever I thought I could keep the upper hand you snatched it away like nothing.
9. TDAS :peach: You and Bigy were a nasty team to face. I admire your Peach play though.
9. Zbet Sorry I don't think I met you either.
9. root :sheilda: Can't win them all, be sure to call or text me to hang out/practice.
13. McKillington You never payed me gas money for giving you a ride. :glare:
13. Stif I completely forgot who you were, sorry!
13. L-Cancel :bowser2: Wow I'm really surprised you didn't do better. Then again the Kzoo Melee players gave us all a run for our money.
13. T-bird :falcon: You still can walk circles around me in P:M haha, ah well just got to practice more.
17. Sarix :link2:
17. Bane (DQ) Another person I don't recall!
17. Onski :charizard: :ivysaur: It was cool to meet you.
17. Didlo :sheik: :fox: Sorry but who?
17. C-Sock :ganondorf:It was fun doing team Hyrule with you. You're a fun partner for doubles.

Others:
General Heinz :falconmelee: We will totally get Blazblue as a side event next time! I will totally help you TO it!
Hot_Arms :luigimelee: :mariomelee: :marthmelee:It was fun talking to you and goofing around as Samus against you in Melee.
Juggleguy :falconmelee: I knew you were coming but I had no idea who you were at the tourney.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
okay time for the long as shout outs............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................shout outs to everyone.............................................

wooooooow what a jabroni

Sarix said:
13. McKillington You never payed me gas money for giving you a ride. :glare:
+1 West MI Grime PR

kd-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

1: Free ($124.00) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: - remember when I used to be able to take you to last stock? Me neither. Nice job with the win you falcon/fraudcon "main". You were always too good
2. Juggleguy ($67.00) :falconmelee: - Nice finish, thanks for driving
3. KJH ($34.00) :foxmelee: :falcomelee: - Doesn't that HIV guy suck?
4. Bigy :falconmelee: :linkmelee: - Beast job, I didn't know you had a Link, was great to see it. gg's in teams too
5. EVO | Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - You know, I don't think I played you on sat at all :[ Nice job TO'ing, and great placing!
5. Blake :foxmelee: - Nice job TO'ing, and gg's man. You had my number from the get go, well deserved.
7. Zbet :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: - Look at these West MI placings. Awesome job dude, nice job TO'ing, doing some commentary with me, and gg's in our friendlies.With the way our friendlies went, I think if we met in tournament you woulda trashed me
7. Hot_Arms :luigimelee: :mariomelee: :marthmelee: - Nice job in teams man, great to see you and your charisma again haha
9. General Heinz :falconmelee: - Legendaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Why are you talking to me during your matches haha, play yo' match
9. machinegungeek :peachmelee: - Thanks for teaming with me and holding it down, I sucked something awful
9. tm :ganondorfmelee: - gg's in teams, great to see you again Mr. Sawyer(sp), and thanks for the reassurance
13. RyeJew :foxmelee: - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :[
13. TDAS :peachmelee: - gg's in teams, your Peach is an unmovable rock in the center of the stage :/
13. Didlo :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: - gg's in bracket, nice to meet you. Sheik-Fox is a hard matchup :/ but you're pretty good at it
17. trip :drmario: - gg's in teams and friendlies, this doc/pocket fox is gonna be on the rise
17. Goonsquad :falcomelee: :sheikmelee: - gg's in bracket, nice to meet you. You got a tough bracket but played strong nonetheless
17. Bane - gg's in bracket, nice to meet you. I believe it was you that said you haven't played in years/months? Really impressive

Shoutouts to West MI and The Gentlemen's Club for putting this together
Shoutouts to Artificial Flavor for that damn Luigi that keeps beasting me
Shoutouts to Juggleguy again for driving and beasting melee that day
Shoutouts to the HYPE that was West MI's run through bracket, and West MI FINALLY getting loud for their boys - yeah I said it, West MI on brast
Shoutouts to THE BLOWUP and the corner of the room
Shoutouts to Slayer's crazy reverse knee to end game 3? of winners finals?
Shoutouts to interviews
Shoutouts to all the cool MI/other region (I'm not entirely sure) Brawl people that I got to finally see in person (didn't quite meet because I guess I didn't have a reason to but whatever) so I could see the person behind the smashboards avatar: LCancel, Sarix, CSock, Lordy, Benji, y'all held it down
Shoutouts to ****ing hilarious ****: "When you get quiet I get louder!" "If it ain't Artificial Flavor it's done!" "What happened? I happened."
Shoutouts to Slayer's stream, and whoever managed it during the tourney
Shoutouts to doing some awful, all play-by-play, zero analysis and zero insight commentary. Plug your ears, that **** is painful to listen to and those matches are ruined with that ****ing garbage.
Shoutouts to this awful ass game
Shoutouts to Evo for bringing me back to this awful game
Edit: How could I forget? Shoutouts to Subway

brayden7

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

1: Free ($124.00) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: - remember when I used to be able to take you to last stock? Me neither. Nice job with the win you falcon/fraudcon "main". You were always too good
2. Juggleguy ($67.00) :falconmelee: - Nice finish, thanks for driving
3. KJH ($34.00) :foxmelee: :falcomelee: - Doesn't that HIV guy suck?
4. Bigy :falconmelee: :linkmelee: - Beast job, I didn't know you had a Link, was great to see it. gg's in teams too
5. EVO | Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - You know, I don't think I played you on sat at all :[ Nice job TO'ing, and great placing!
5. Blake :foxmelee: - Nice job TO'ing, and gg's man. You had my number from the get go, well deserved.
7. Zbet :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: - Look at these West MI placings. Awesome job dude, nice job TO'ing, doing some commentary with me, and gg's in our friendlies.With the way our friendlies went, I think if we met in tournament you woulda trashed me
7. Hot_Arms :luigimelee: :mariomelee: :marthmelee: - Nice job in teams man, great to see you and your charisma again haha
9. General Heinz :falconmelee: - Legendaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Why are you talking to me during your matches haha, play yo' match
9. machinegungeek :peachmelee: - Thanks for teaming with me and holding it down, I sucked something awful
9. tm :ganondorfmelee: - gg's in teams, great to see you again Mr. Sawyer(sp), and thanks for the reassurance
13. RyeJew :foxmelee: - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :[
13. TDAS :peachmelee: - gg's in teams, your Peach is an unmovable rock in the center of the stage :/
13. Didlo :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: - gg's in bracket, nice to meet you. Sheik-Fox is a hard matchup :/ but you're pretty good at it
17. trip :drmario: - gg's in teams and friendlies, this doc/pocket fox is gonna be on the rise
17. Goonsquad :falcomelee: :sheikmelee: - gg's in bracket, nice to meet you. You got a tough bracket but played strong nonetheless
17. Bane - gg's in bracket, nice to meet you. I believe it was you that said you haven't played in years/months? Really impressive

Shoutouts to West MI and The Gentlemen's Club for putting this together
Shoutouts to Artificial Flavor for that damn Luigi that keeps beasting me
Shoutouts to Juggleguy again for driving and beasting melee that day
Shoutouts to the HYPE that was West MI's run through bracket, and West MI FINALLY getting loud for their boys - yeah I said it, West MI on brast
Shoutouts to THE BLOWUP and the corner of the room
Shoutouts to Slayer's crazy reverse knee to end game 3? of winners finals?
Shoutouts to interviews
Shoutouts to all the cool MI/other region (I'm not entirely sure) Brawl people that I got to finally see in person (didn't quite meet because I guess I didn't have a reason to but whatever) so I could see the person behind the smashboards avatar: LCancel, Sarix, CSock, Lordy, Benji, y'all held it down
Shoutouts to ****ing hilarious ****: "When you get quiet I get louder!" "If it ain't Artificial Flavor it's done!" "What happened? I happened."
Shoutouts to Slayer's stream, and whoever managed it during the tourney
Shoutouts to doing some awful, all play-by-play, zero analysis and zero insight commentary. Plug your ears, that **** is painful to listen to and those matches are ruined with that ****ing garbage.
Shoutouts to this awful *** game
Shoutouts to Evo for bringing me back to this awful game

HAhahaha. Yo Chad, in our friendlies you won almost every game.. lolololol

kd-

Smash Lord
Every one of our friendlies went down to last stock decent percents, even when I feel like you played like you didn't believe you could win. Had we both turned up our game and played in a tournament setting, there's no doubt in my mind you would have pushed your doubts aside and dealt with the pressure far better than I could

kd-

Smash Lord
Also guys, IMPORTANT:

Someone left a blue with a white top water container thingy with a white handle on it. It says 'PARAN' I believe on top. If you want it back or know whose it is, contact me pls

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
hahaha yeah that belongs to my girlfriend's brother andrew, the kid who entered 64. if you wanna hold onto it until body city i can get it from you then chad.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
i'm moving back to lansing tomorrow lol or else i would have you do that. i could have you mail it to them directly instead.

is this all just cuz you're gonna bail on body city? :p

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts incoming

1: Free ($124.00) :falconmelee: :marthmelee:: good to see you again logan. we didn't play at all but it was good to chill at blake's afterwards. glad you came out and congrats.
2. Juggleguy ($67.00) :falconmelee: : the kzoo crew owes a lot to you rob, just for running all the events in AA that have allowed us to get better in the first place and run our own tournament in which actual good players show up and we still prove ourselves capable of generating serious hype and doing serious damage. it meant a lot that you came out. good job on second as well, and we'll have to play a lot more friendlies during this next year.
3. KJH ($34.00) :foxmelee: :falcomelee: : good **** man. we didn't play at all but it's amazing to see how far you've come in just the year since the first time i saw you and played you in tournament at apasher's last summer. good chillin afterwards too, you're always welcome in kzoo.
4. Bigy :falconmelee: :linkmelee: : dat old school hype. really awesome that you came out bigy. if you're ever willing to school some of us in kzoo you're always welcome to swing by and play some games, hope you do sometime.
5. Rh1thmz :falcomelee: : yoooooooooo you ****ing knocked it out of the park man. excellent job TO'ing, and excellent job keeping your cool when that random kyler ************ showed up and started asking questions lol. great job placing so high. i'm so proud of the gentlemen's club i can hardly stand it. we've come farther than i ever thought we could.
5. Blake :foxmelee: : the number one jabroni reppin kzoo and portage. you always know how to keep things hype man. we couldn't have done any of this without the late night basement seshes at your place. thanks for always hyping us up even when we're down in the dumps and just for generally being one of the chillest dudes i've ever randomly met.
7. Zbet :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: : no complaints here, man. you deserve your placing 100%, and beat me fair and square. one of these days i'll quit approaching the sheik matchup like a four year old (p.s. your spacies suck :p). ggs as always.
7. Hot_Arms :luigimelee: :mariomelee: :marthmelee:: didn't play, but it was hype to have you come out to blake's afterwards and chill. i always like talking to experienced players about the game, and you gave some real interesting insights. hope to see you again and get some friendlies in for sure.
9. General Heinz :falconmelee: : thank you for not choking sir.
9. machinegungeek :peachmelee: : dude aidan it was great to see you again man. so glad you came out, and for as little playing time as you say you get, you really showed up. props man. hope everything goes well in cali and if i'm ever out there i'll definitely hit you up for some games. ggs in friendlies.
9. tm :ganondorfmelee: : man sawyer i hope you know you're the guy who i'm always looking for at MI tourneys because i remember playing you a looooong ass time ago when we both sucked, and the intensity of our friendlies now is just so amazing to see because we've both improved a looooot since then. here's to seeing you at more mi tourneys in the future. if you guys ever do anything in toledo i would def be down to make the trek.
9. kd :foxmelee: : this game sucks LOL. real glad you came out of retirement to come to this though. your tending to the stream was much appreciated. we didn't play any games but hopefully we'll see each other at body city. p.s. blake sux, what a ****ing fluke, you got his number next time.
13. RyeJew :foxmelee: : yo man, salty games, but ggs. i hope you know i was just as nervous as you that whole set. i hope you don't think anyone's trying to claim that i'm "better than you" for winning that set, but a tourney set is just a snapshot of two players at a particular time. i'm definitely not gonna say that i don't deserve my win because i played my heart out for it, but i don't respect you any less as a player for losing. just take it as motivation to whip my ass next time (or cp sheik LOL). anyway, ggs, hope to play again soon.
13. Stif :marthmelee: : duuuude it's so hype you're going to msu next year. we're gonna smash a lot and i hope you're ready to put the work in to get better cuz i think you've totally got what it takes. ggs in bracket, and nice meeting you man.
13. TDAS :peachmelee: : didn't play except in pm doubles i think, but if i'm not mistaken you and i played a lot of friendlies at toadster's place that one time in east lansing and you kind of curbstomped me lol. good to see you again, nice peach.
17. trip :drmario: : dude, real good to see you (again? i think we've met before), and i hope you come out with sawyer more often. i always love to see a committed doc man, and you were looking good, so keep it up. ggs in bracket.
17. Shocksauce (DQ) :falcomelee: :foxmelee: : didn't play but wish we had. sorry you had to peace out for whatever reason, hope you come out again.
17. L-Cancel :jigglypuffmelee: : ggs in pm teams, dat bowser O__O hope to see you again (p.s. PLAY MELEE)
17. Goonsquad :falcomelee: :sheikmelee: : nice to meet you stuart. apparently you're pretty damn good at pm so it's just a matter of time before you crack the code on melee. ggs in friendlies.
17. Deepsea Squid :ganondorfmelee: : think we mighta played some friendlies if i recall correctly, so ggs. hope you come out to more mi tourneys in the future.
25. fishnax :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:: good to see you again tevin. too bad we didn't get to play any friendlies, but i'm definitely trying to come out to fishfest whenever it happens. those matches vs tm were hella close, just don't ever cp ganon to yoshi's ever ever ever ever again and you'll be fine lol. i literally lost to a ganon main in friendlies on yoshi's once, the first time i'd ever played him, and salted back to yoshi's like six times in a row and lost every ****ing game lol. that **** sux.

additional shoutouts to root and mckillington for a close set in pm doubles as well as benji, l-cancel, and whoever else scraped me and josh out of the pm doubles bracket lol. also huge shoutouts to sarix for ggs in 64 as well as some pm friendlies, shooting the **** about blazblue, and generally being a chill dude.

in general just thanks to everyone for coming, because before the event took place we didn't have any way of knowing how much activity this tourney would generate, but i'm satisfied in virtually every single way about the outcome of this tournament. the turnout was huge (for us, anyway), and the gentlemen's club seriously showed the **** up. hope we can do another one of these in the fall.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
General Heinz said:
5. Rh1thmz :falcomelee: : yoooooooooo you ****ing knocked it out of the park man. excellent job TO'ing, and excellent job keeping your cool when that random kyler mother****er showed up and started asking questions lol. great job placing so high. i'm so proud of the gentlemen's club i can hardly stand it. we've come farther than i ever thought we could.
Haha, thanks, man; I totally forgot about Kyler, too. That was pretty whack, lol. We definitely handled that really well. I'm just glad he didn't initiate with Brayden LOOOL

kd said:
Thanks, man; I didn't get in any friendlies at all at the venue, though, haha. Too busy getting a feel for TO'ing. You best be at Body City so we can play some matches.

Dat EVO hype

kd-

Smash Lord
Gonna try to give the water thermos thingy to Rob or Roki so they can give it to you on the 10th, Mr. Heinz

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:
Yeah I haven't played against any caliber opponents in 4 years the Dallas scene was pretty pathetic when I was there and stopped playing, was that your Fox I gave a run for their money with my G&W?
Funny how I can still moonwalk, my thumb hurt afterwards, but I still got it.

17. Bane (DQ) Another person I don't recall!

I don't know how I got DQ'd I did my match..
I entered PM tournament and never played the game before ;O I knew I wouldn't win but I figured I'd support the scene.. I played Falcon, G&W, Ness and was owning in friendlies.

Nice to play with you all, nice to see there's actually a scene here in Michigan.
My old scene was the Central FL scene, played with Cobol, HungryBox, Cash Mooney, Dave(Phanna) to name a few.
If anyone in Kalamazoo looking for friendlies, I'm pretty free on the weekends. Add me on skype: BaneDeath

Here's some old videos if you're interested..

Quad knee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4WNvOz1Aus
Shoulder to knee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkWEdRbURk
G&W Combo vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvxiDRGICGo

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
No one reported your match, Bane. So I wasn't aware that it was played. We couldn't locate you for a long time after, so with the information that we had, we had to DQ you to keep things moving along. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The Gentlemen's Club is always down to host new smashers, though, so send me a PM with a phone number and I'll shoot you a text next time we're hosting a fest, Bane.

We were sweating for sure when that Kyler guy came, though, haha

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Project Melee Singles(21 entrants) [Double Elimination Bracket]

1: Bigy ($44.00) :dk2: - Congrats on first, your DK inspires me to new heights. Fun friendlies and thanks for kicking my ass.
2. KJH ($24.00) :fox: - GGs in doubles, I enjoyed watching you destroy people. I'd like to play you in singles next time I see you.
3. Blake ($12.00) :fox: :falco: - First real space animal I've fought in bracket lol, GGs and I hope to play you again soon.
4. Rh1thmz :metaknight: :falco: - Fun doubles and great tournament. GR will make the next one for sure.
5. Lordy :ike::falcon: - Easy bracket until I fought Bigy :troll:
5. Free:falcon: - GGs in doubles, wish I could have played your Falcon in singles.
7. Benji :sheik: - Get outplaced by a scrubbbb :yeahboi:
9. Deepsea Squid :ganondorf: - Fun friendlies
9. Zbet :falcon: - I hope to play and hangout again soon
9. root :sheilda: - GGs as always
13. McKillington - ^
13. L-Cancel :bowser2: - wtf?
13. T-bird :falcon: - ok.
17. Sarix :link2: - Dat Link
17. Bane :falcon: - GGs, I like your Falcon.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
GGs everyone. Being a primarily a brawl player, I got to meet a lot of people I haven't had the pleasure of interacting with before. I had fun :D I'm free at melee though!

Top Bottom