• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GameGenie 500

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
*All tournaments were $5 per person, so doubles was $10 a team, except for 64 singles which was $2. All doubles were round robin.

64 $2 9

#1-ResTy?
#2-Bpow-Kirby
#3-MegaRobDad-Kirby
#4-GG222-Fox
#5-Yeerk-Fox
#5-Oscar-?
#7-Sk1-?
#7-Staph-Pikachu
#9-Meowtriple6-Samus

Melee Singles $5 12

#1-Sm3esh DK/Falco
#2-ResTy Samus/Fox
#3-MRD-Sheik
#4-BadFrostyCue-Falco
#5-JBM-Marth/???
#5-GG222-Everyone
#7-Cal-Fox/Marth
#7-Yeerk-Doc/Link
#9-Zora-Marth
#9-Brice-?
#9-Deku-Marth/Falco
#9-Cumbie-Sheik

Melee Dubs $10 4

#1-Fat David and the Gingersnaps-Cue/Sm3esh
#2-Double Sheik-JBM/MRD
#3-AniGenies-Yeerk/GG222
#4-Deku Fins-Deku/Zora

Brawl Singles $5 10

#1-MRD-Wolf
#2-Bpow-MK/Wario
#3-ResTy-DeDeDe/MK
#4-Sm3esh-Peach
#5-Bad Mr. Frosty-Snake/Marth
#5-GG222-Falco
#7-Oscar-Falco
#7-NurseJoy-Lucario/Captain Falcon
#9-Staph-Marth
#9-Meowtriple6-Lucario

Brawl Doubes $10 4

#1-LoL Tyser entered Brawl Doubles and not Melee-ResTy/Bpow
#2-MegaRobDevon-MRD/Sm3esh
#3-Oscar The Meowch-Oscar/Meowtriple6
#4-Nursing a Staph Infection-Nurse Joy/Staph

PM Singles $5 15

#1-ResTy-Samus
#1-MRD-Sheik
#3-JBM-Marth/Falco/Link
#4-Yeerk-Pit
#5-BadMr.Cue-???
#5-Sm3esh-Fox/Captain Falcon
#7-GG222-Ganondorf/???
#7-Bpow-MK/Snake
#9-Youvee-Toon Link
#9-Sk1-Diddy
#9-Zora-Marth/???
#9-Do1nk-Fox/???
#13-Staph-???
#13-Beeflea-Ganondorf
#13-Deku-Marth/???

PM Doubes $10 6

#1-TyPow-ResTy/Bpow
#2-Personal Fitness Mega Man-MRD/JBM
#3-CueGenie-Cue/GameGenie
#4-Skyvee-SK1/Youvee
#5-Deku Fins-Deku/Zora
#6-Do1beef

For my event in April I will get a real venue with a more strict schedule. March will be a non-promoted locally local, with possible $2 singles RR tournaments, but like last time it may just be friendlies all the time.

Thanks everyone for coming, especially the South Dakota players, the Iowa Players, all the new local players I hopefully didn't shy away from due to constant waiting for matches/chaos/tight spaces.

It sucks that we had to wait on people for matches a lot who were in a lot of events (gamegenie, myself, Bpow, David, et all..) and especially when people are doing well in a lot of events, so people have to wait for one person to play 4 matches (gamegenie) to get things moving, but I think this went very well, except for maybe brawl singles and PM doubles.

Congrats to all the winners and money people.

It's 4 am.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yo Rob I played Marth and Falco in Melee singles and Roy/Marth/Falco in Project M singles. I only played Ganondorf in doubles. Other than that I post shoutouts later when my left index finger hurt less.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
I had lots of fun, did a lot better than I expected for my 3rd local and first PM tourney. I was only taking PM seriously, since I don't really play any of the other games.

Dunno which of these people actually use Smashboards, but here goes...

Tyser - Nice to meet you finally. I've seen you around a few times, just never talked. I should talk more, just don't know many people.

@ MegaRobMan MegaRobMan - Thanks for hosting! I'm glad I could make it down. Our 64 set was super close, PM not so much. I have no idea how to beat Shiek with Pit, lol.

BadMr.Cue/Mr.Frosty/David/whoever.you.are (used Marth/Falco at least vs me) - Thanks for the tips! Pit being a new character for me, I don't quite have the WD OOS timing down like I did when I mained Roy. But on top of that I was definitely more nervous as our set went on. I took your spot when you left and had a much closer set with JBM. Unfortunately that was right after the streamers had left.

JBM - Last hit, last stock, game 3. Sigh. Whereas David beat me with a lot of pillaring, you opted not to. I loved our set. I just wish it had been recorded. I have a feeling you, like everybody else at the tournament, has never played against Pit before, because you're obviously a better player than me.

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 - My man. Hope you had a good time, despite feeling under the weather. Thanks for holding the tourney up the whole day like a mofo. I hope you're salty about our PM set so we can get another good one. I'll try to have a new character for you to face next time, just to keep you on your toes. I think your Roy is probably better than mine though....I'd give you a 55-45 advantage there.

Bpow - You were 4ABBY, right? I was there all day and we only got in 2 friendlies, Snake vs Pit. Shame. I would have loved to play that matchup more, those were both really close if I remember right. There's a friendly of me playing a MK on the stream archive, but I don't think it was you.

SK1 - If only this had been a bigger venue with more setups. I wanted to get in more games with more characters vs your Yoshi/Diddy. You're a cool guy, hope we get to play more.

Do1nk - Glad I got to play you a few times. I think 1st tourney (?) nerves got to you when we played. I totally get it. This was only my 3rd tourney, but I've been in loads of (mostly sports) competitions for the past 10 years, and the pressure of performance is similar. With that said, I still failed later in the tourney due to nerves, so I think the solution is to just have fun and not worry about how you do. Also in these games movement is paramount. Never stop moving and stay unpredictable! All of this is easier said than done.

@ Dekuscrub Dekuscrub - Thanks for inviting me to random Melee and 64 friendlies. They were pressure-free and just pure fun. Keep coming back!

Majik - Liked your commentary, and I know you commentated on a match or two of mine. I'm about to watch those.

It was amazing having a stream there, super cool guys. Tyler and I'm not sure what the other guy's name was.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't realize who Youvee was. Did he wear the UBE tag? Anyways, if you read this, I don't think I'm "way better" than you, as you said. The Pit matchup didn't go well for you, but I think that's just on character knowledge. As the 1 or 2 Roy dittos went, I think we're not that far off in terms of skill. Keep playing, it was fun!

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I am familiar with pit in brawl to the point i beat one of the top 2~3 pits in a $ match. With Wolf.

So idk if that matters.

I almost lost to everyone I played in 64 that I beat. I lost game 1 vs everyone I think, then won game 2/3 vs everyone except bpow.

Also Tyler's partners name was also Tyler. Thats right, both Tyler.

Sm3esh-Glad you found your wallet.
ResTy-Glad you broke my winning streak.
MRD-Go feed your baby and finish these shouts in a second
BadFrostyCue-Glad you brought chairs ,idk why no one used them
JBM-Glad you told me to focus and then intentionally killed me a few times
GG222-Glad you got a ride home
Cal-Glad you brought your streaming stuff
Yeerk-Glad you choked in 64 :p
Zora-GLad you look almost identical to Egman.
Brice-Glad you stole JBM's name
Deku-Glad you got smashborads and brought your crew
Cumbie-Glad your name is cumbie
Oscar-Glad you reminded me to take out the garbage
NurseJoy-Glad you used the tag "WWJD"
Staph-Glad you also choked in 64 :p
Meowtriple6-Glad you let me fuse your tag together
Youvee-Glad you decided to drive to Nebraska
Sk1-Glad you so sk1lled
Zora-Glad you like LTTP
Do1nk-Glad you like Clowns
Beeflea-Glad you got your Dorf on

Statistically speaking, the more events you entered, the better you did overall. People who entered 5 events out of the 7 or more tended to place higher in other events.

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
Ok gals, Tyler/Cal/Satisfyler/stream host/whatever here. I'll make a social post tomorrow, but for now gonna start posting matches. The audio was comprised for all of the matches because I'm terrible with the mixer, so crank the volume. This will be fixed in future castings with the help of my room mate. Thanks to everyone who helped in commentary, in depth thanks in the social post. PLEASE let me if there are any details that need to be corrected, I'm new to the scene so mistakes are to be expected. Also, any suggestions/criticism for future streams outside of **** tier audio are welcome and appreciated.

In no particular order

PM Singles
Yeerk (Pit) vs Mr. Frosty (Marth/Falco)
Yeerk (Pit) vs GameGenie (Roy)
Sme3sh (Fox) vs MegaRobMan (Sheik)
MegaRobMan (Sheik) vs Resty aka Tyser (Samus) PART 1
MegaRobMan (Sheik) vs Resty aka Tyser (Samus) PART 2
Sme3sh (C. Falcon/Fox) vs JBM (Marth/Falco)

PM Doubles
Will be updated by 2/24 EDIT: JK IM LAZY, UP SOON

Brawl Doubles
Will be updated by 2/24 EDIT: JK IM LAZY, UP SOON

Melee
Sme3sh (DK) vs Resty aka Tyser (Samus/Fox/Doc/Roy/The Rest of the Cast)

I will eventually upload these to a youtube account, but until then, they will be available on my personal twitch account.

Edit: I'm glad Rob is so glad.

Last edited:

Dekuscrub

Smash Cadet
Yeah it was great to meet all you guys! Overall we had a pretty fun experience and we had a lot of fun rounds in... I definitely learned an insurmountable amount of knowledge from this weekend, thank you jbm. Most importantly, I learned that I really have to practice :p I hope we can make it down to your April event too!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
All right shoutouts time but first I would like to thank everybody for coming out to this tournament and seeing alot of new faces who came outta state and in our own backyard as well. I hope you folks come out to events more and we can have a grand old time overall but don't be discourage if it's your first tourney cause you want to learn as well as enjoy yourselves and when you grind and travel more against several people you get stronger. Other than that shoutouts time.

@ MegaRobMan MegaRobMan - Thanks for running the tourney on my B-Day Rob. I'm sad that we didn't get games in or Melee singles or Project M and I apologize for being a fool and holding up the tourney like a chump. I'll try to figure out a way to pay you for my thanks. Also here's the thread I was talking to you or Bpow about about the state of Brawl in the U.S right now despite the link title. http://smashboards.com/threads/new-jersey-killed-brawl-they-alone-and-no-one-else.346221/

@JBM falcon08 - Sucks that I didn't get games in with you good stuff in the tourney.

David a.k.a Cue/Mr.Frosty- Thanks for teaming with me in Project M teams. Have to do that again and experiment with it in the future and play more Project M.

Tyser- Good stuff at the tourney and grind out in Project M more so you can figure more disgusting Samus stuff with her beam swapping mechanic. Also this is a Samus video that I was telling you about though most of the info you already know so skip that if you wish until you get to the beam swapping info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lerv3cyQjGg&list=WLA398A2FB9286E5BA

@MaJiK - FINALLY you give Project M some love cause I would bug the crap outta you to play it years now and give it a chance but I understand your reasons. Brawl rant was godlike and good commentary on the matches cause it sure crapped on mine.

@SM3EsH - GG's and screw your Fox. I need to sit down with you so you can help me out with Fox cause I'm feel like a old man against you.

Bpow- Like I told you in person, You need to get those melee fundamentals and scumminess in your system cause I believe you can be nasty at this game if you work on that and dont be afraid to go in at times. Other than that nice seeing you again and sucks that I didn't get games in.

Tyler duo/ @ Satisfyler Satisfyler - I thank the both of you for streaming the event. You cats living over in Council Bluffs is close and good for you guys cause your a hopskip and a bridge away from Omaha to nerd with us. Commentary was good not gonna lie and don't worry being new we are start from somewhere. Hope to see you guys in the future and we get a chance to play each other and you guys can officially be the official Nebraska smash commentators.

@Sk1G's and sucks we didn't get a serious sets later on in the day but seriously I WILL LOOK OUT FOR YOU IN THE FUTURE cause Diddy Kong is secretly a scumbag and will be working on my Zelda as a serious pocket just for you, you should feel honored but I will wait for our runback.

@ Yeerk Yeerk - GG's and **** Pit seriously first time I went against that character. I felt like a rag doll being juggled and carried to hell and back. Now you making me nervous as balls and time to hit the lab and learn a bunch of new characters just to deal with your new characters. The ball is in your court 1-0 in tournament sets but not for long. Also thanks for giving me a ride.

@ Dekuscrub Dekuscrub and other South Dakota cats- GG's to all whom I played and thanks for coming out. I forgot some of your names and I apologize for it cause I have the memory of a goldfish at times and have to see you guys a few times before it sinks in name wise so I will just used the blanket shoutout statement. Like I posted earlier don't be discourage and grind that stuff out against each other, get that hunger, study info and match videos of any kind, have fun and come kick it with us Omaha cats more and have a grand fun old time and also don't be afraid to ask questions or get games in at events. Also I wanted that Omaha vs South Dakota Crew Battle in Project M :(

Everyone else that I forgot to mention I apologize and I hope you see you guys again soon and this has been a Gamegenie222 shoutout announcement post and authorized tourney. Good games and good fight.

Last edited:

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
MegaRobMan - Thanks for hosting the tourny and sending Cumbi into loser's so I could beat him in tournament.

Gamegenie - Had a great set, I love playing Marth dittos. Thanks for not breaking my shield on stream lol. Also, thanks for joining me in commentary. I hope we get to play some PM in the future.

Majik - Yoooo, the legend. So glad I asked you to join me in commentary for the last hour or two. I learned a good bit talking with you. Hopefully we get to have some matches soon.

Yeerk - Loved watching the Pit play, hope to play against your Pit/Doc soon. Thanks for joining me in commentary.

SK1/Youvee - The Green Dream Team. Loved watching you guys play, especially the Yoshi when you whipped it out. Glad I got to get a couple friendlies in with both of you throughout the day and was more than happy to have you both on the mic.

Team SD - Thanks for driving 5+ hours just to come! Glad I got a fair bit of friendlies in with a couple of you. I think the player I talked to about getting them on the mic was Deku (Team SD stuck in my head, individual names escaped me by the time you guys dipped). Sorry that didnt happen, you guys entered a lot of events so it didn't really work out. Also, the doubles plays were so hype. I'm working on finding the highlight soon.

Sm3esh - Thanks for joining me in commentary for a couple matches and giving me a couple tips for gameplay. Loved watching the DK play in melee GF. Grats on winning!

Cue/JBM - Thanks for showing me I really need practice against spacies, Falco especially. The tips after the matches were appreciated. Hopefully I can get to play against both of you soon so I can get that practice.

Tyser - I absolutely love seeing a Samus that can move as fluidly as you were. Hopefully I didnt distract you too much in your matches from being so hype. Thanks for providing the hype triple missile play!

Tyler Cumberland - Thanks for starting up competitive smash with me, been wanting to pick it up for a while. Also, thanks for helping me stream all day. GAMEGENIE 500 OMAHA, NEBRASKA! I was tempted to go back and count how many times we said that, but 13 hours of footage said no.

Overall, I had lots of fun at GG500 and hope to play against everyone in the near future. Thanks again to everyone who joined me in commentary.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So quick note when all of the tournament videos will be uploaded also the same thing apply to youtube cause Twitch Videos hate me?

Top Bottom