• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gamegenie 500 on 2/22: Presented by Galoob February 22nd 2014 Omaha, NE

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

*70MGame Image*

*Roll Tier Image*

Date:

Venue: 12642 S 9th St. Bellevue, NE, 70MGame Center

More venue/Streaming/food things TBA

Smash Games:

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles $5~10
Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles $10

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles $5~10
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles $10

Project M Singles $5~10
Project M Doubles $10

Super Smash Brothers 64 Singles $5~10
Super Smash Brothers 64 Doubles $10

The Road to EVO:

King of Fighters 13 $5~10

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 $5~10

*The latest version of Street Fighter 4 $5~10

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo $5~10

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike $5~10

Time Frame:
2 p.m.
Doors

2 p.m.-4 p.m.
Friendlies/Money Matches
Registration for Smash 64 Singles and Doubles
Registration for Project M Singles and Doubles
Registration for Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike
Registration for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

4:15 p.m.
Smash 64 Doubles
Project M Doubles
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike

5:30 p.m.
Smash 64 Singles
Project M Singles
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

6:00 p.m.-7:45 P.M.
Break
Friendlies/Money Matches
Registration for Smash Melee Singles and Doubles
Registration for Smash Brawl Singles and Doubles
Registration for King of Fighters 13
Registration for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Registration for *Street Fighter 4.

8 p.m.
Melee Doubles
Brawl Doubles
King of Fighters 13
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

9:15 p.m.
Melee Singles
Brawl Singles
*Street Fighter 4

10:30- 1:45 a.m. Friendlies, Money Matches, Crew Battles, Other Games

Prizes:

Entry Pot Cuts based on attendance

Less than 8 will be round robin for singles, doubles we may do bracket.
1st-70~75%
2nd-25~30%

If 23-8 attend
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

If 24-34 attend
1st - 52%
2nd -26%
3rd -14%
4th - 8%

If over 34 people attend
1st-50%
2nd-23%
3rd-15%
4th-7%
5th-2.5%(paid out twice)

Housing

I can house some people and there are a lot of hotels around.

General Rules

#0-Don't be a jerk
#1-No stealing
#2-Don't trip over hippies
#3-Be respectful of other peoples property and person
#4-Be on time for your matches, let the TO know if you are going for a smoke break or food break.
#5-Coaching allowed between matches, not during
#6-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
HOWEVER
I understand that people play pranks. Joker doesn't know this but on someones wii all of his inputs are set to shield and taunt, so if something like this occurs, I will laugh at you, but your match will be restarted with the understanding that you must change your controls afterwards.
#7--Intentional forfeiting, match fixing and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO. Splitting is a touchy subject, but so long as you play your set out, I don't care what you do with your $ or who you share it with.
#8-All hacks must be approved by the TO, specifically stage/character textures. Music is usually fine but I may request that you turn off some specific songs, and you must oblige.

Seeding: I might run pools, if 24 or less everyone will make it to bracket. Otherwise I will be looking for one person per area to assist in seeding. PR rankings will be acknowledged. So make your fake PRs now.

If I assume that there is going to be enough people, I will adjust the schedule to allot for pools for whatever games necessary.

Total Sets> Head 2 Head> Total Games.

* In the event of a X-way tie in Pools after all tiebreakers are exhausted, a best-of-1 round robin will be played out between the X players until there is a clear order of placings.

Melee Rules

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Best of 3 until Winners/Losers/Grand Finals, then it becomes best of 5
* 1 stage ban until best of 5 then no stage bans.
* Wobbling is LEGAL (EVO rule)
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, and using Master Hand are banned.
* You May not pick a stage you have already played on unless all players agree.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while endlessly grabbing the ledge or flying underneath the stage is.
*In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. Punishment may range from nothing, a warning, free attack (will be chosen by the TO and will be character specific), loss of stock/match/set or ejection from venue

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* If a player is using the character Falco, Captain Falcon, Sheik Marth or Mario, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer.

TLDR; 4 stocks, 8 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, 1 stage ban until b/o 5 then none, Wobbling is LEGAL (EVO rule)

Stages

Singles: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Island
CP: Pokemon Stadium

Doubles: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Island
CP: :Kongo Jungle 64

Brawl Rules

* 3 stock, 9:00 minutes
* Items are set to "OFF" and "NONE"
* Pause is set to "OFF" if players agree
* Metaknights infinite dimensional cape and extended dimesional cape are banned.
* 50 Ledge Grab Limit for Low Tier characters [15 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
* 40 Ledge Grab Limit for Mid Tier characters (Borderline) [13 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
* 30 Ledge Grab Limit for High Tier characters (S tier) [10 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
-If a player goes over the ledge grab limit and the game goes to time, the opponent will be declared the winner. If both players exceed the ledge grab limit, normal win conditions apply.
* See Stage Striking for more information on how stages are selected and banned.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by all players.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while endlessly grabbing the ledge or flying underneath the stage is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. If stalling is confirmed by the tournament organizer, the offending player will forfeit the match.
* In the event of a Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbycide
#1-If the game goes to sudden death, sudden death is played out
#2-If the game goes to the winner screen, the one who did the suicide move wins.
* If a sudden death is initiated by both players dying at the exact same time or a tie in both stock count and percentage, sudden death will be played out
*In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. Punishment may range from nothing, a warning, free attack (will be chosen by the TO and will be character specific), loss of stock/match/set or ejection from venue.
*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer.

Stage Striking:

1-1-1-1

-In the event of a dispute, G&W Judgement will be used to determine who strikes first.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counter-pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* Double Metaknight is banned unless agreed upon by all FOUR players
* If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

TLDR; 3 stocks, 9 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, Double MK banned doubles

Stages

Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Yoshis Brawl,
Counter Picks: Delfino Plaza, Pictochat
Smash 64

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available

All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Stagelist in "12" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes one stage.

After each game:
1. Loser chooses counterpick stage
2. Winner chooses their character
3. Loser chooses their character

Characters:
Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player has the right to request a color change in the event of a counterpick to Congo Jungle.

TLDR; 5 Stocks, B/o 3 except for WF/LF/GF then it's b/o 5

Stagelist:
Congo Jungle
Hyrule Castle
Dream Land

Project M

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* DSR Modified: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Starters stagelist in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

After each game:
1. Winner announces THREE stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

TLDR; 4 stocks, 8 minutes, no buffer

Stages: This might change but I am planning to run Apex rules for this.

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

EVO games rules TBA

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us, the venue, or any parties involved responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.

Contact MegaRobMan @ 402-305-5522

Attachments

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
This new forum set up is lacking the ability to edit when a tournament is?

Edit: SO just because I messed up and didn't fill out a time/date/place the first time I did the thread it won't let me go back and change it?

Beer Pong

Blowing/Fingering is allowed.
One additional cup penalty for missed Blow or Fingering.
Bouncing the ball is 2 cups. If one misses a shot and it hits the table and goes in, it's 2 cups.
Elbow may be at edge of table, not over. The very back of the elbow is still the elbow.
On fire rule.
No celebrity shots unless agreed to by other team.
If one misses, and the ball returns to your side without hitting the ground, you may shoot again, no look behind your back.

Singles-6 Cups.
Doubles 10 Cups

Singles only rule-You may only get the balls back if you make the same cup.

Single Elim Rules/ FFA

Single Elimination Rules
Stage is Always different, using all Legal Stages (including DK64)
"Smash Players" must defeat the CPU with 2 lives or less.
Random Character Select: Depending on participants, PR'd players or Former champions (more likely) will be forced to choose non-mains or Random character.

Free For All Rules
FFA rules: Must have at least ~12 (16 preferred) players to run. Double Elim. 9 minute timer. No items. 3 matches per round (So a minimum of 6 matches). Character locked during set, not tournament. 7 stages, each player bans 1 stage (Player 1 bans first, Player 4 bans last). 1a, 2b, 2c, 1d. and 2a, 1b, 1c, 2d move on to winners. 3a, 4b, 4c, 3d and 4a, 3b, 3c, 4d move into losers. And so on until there are players who haven't lost yet vs players who have to win to stay alive. Once enough players are eliminated, lvl 9 random CPUs will be added until final 2 player set. If not a full 16 man bracket, CPUs will desolve and people will be reseeded if necessary. Winners are determined by order of matches won, amount of kills total kills, 2nd place finishes and 3rd place finishes.

Melee Stages: Four Side, Poke Floats, Yoshi 64, MKII, Mute City, Termina Bay and Brinstar *
*Grand Finals matches on Hyrule temple, Onnet and a random of the 7 starter stages.

Brawl Stages: Luigis Mansion, Norfair, Pirate Ship, Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Big Blue *
*Grand Finals Matches on Hyrule Temple, Onnet and a random of the 7 starter stages.

PM stages TBA.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hype also why is there a burning car which a pic of my face next to it? You afraid I gonna break something or someone?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Dekuscrub

Smash Cadet
Hey I have a group of about 5 people that might come from huron but we would need housing as a hotel is too much for high school students... How many people are you expecting? Any notable players too expect?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah you could have housing.

I expect similar numbers as previous locals, so like 14 people for various events, last time I had like 14 for brawl and 15 for melee or maybe the opposite, idk, I haven't thrown a tournament in a while.

Last nebraska tournaments were in Lincoln at UNL and I expect some of those dudes to be here, nnd then one with 20 people, but half of them were from KS.

What games do you guys play? If you care about melee definitely come up, JBM has been the 2nd best player in a 4 hour radius (so I don't have to include STL smash :p) in the last year and a half or so behind darkrain, but if you play brawl there will be people coming to this for that, but a car from KS was planning on coming, and Iowa might come, but it might just be Bpow, idk. If Bpow comes and you play brawl you'd be silly not to come. I also play brawl and was voted the best looking Wolf by the Wolfboards :ppp

I just announced it, but it's on the same day as this big OOS tournament in Ohio that MLG is sponsoring, so a few people who said they would come are now maybes.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
In terms of good players, we don't really have them for PM, because we (the PR'd players) just started to play it or haven't quite started yet. We have quite a few up and comers for PM, though, who just need more experience and all that jazz.

Sm3esh got 2nd to Joker (I got 3rd) in like 2012 or 2011, idr, on the like 2nd build of PM.

I got 2nd in a STL tournament this past year, but most of us around here could have done the same.

We'd crew battle you guys in either game, melee for sure for $ if you want but free is cool, idc.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
We would also be up for a crew battle
Yeah idk if I would lay money down on our crew mates but it could be fun!
I be interested in bopping you dudes in some Project M lol. Melee I would have to go back and grind on it for a good week and a half to get used to melee timing again.

Also there as 3 tournaments in the Midwest all on the same day, damn that sucks.

Edit: NMVD there's only 2 on the same day. I read wrong lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
That's tight, looks like more people are coming than I thought, might be more late interest when people realize Ohio is like 12 hours away and it's a 2 day event :p

Thereare 3 events, mine, a STL one and the OH one.

Dekuscrub

Smash Cadet
Yeah a lot of us are literally just starting last month on melee, but have been playing project m for a couple years but we have two more experienced players

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah a lot of us are literally just starting last month on melee, but have been playing project m for a couple years but we have two more experienced players
Nothing to worry about sir we are start from somewhere.

Also @ MegaRobMan MegaRobMan alot of kids are learning Project M and it's picking up steam you better get on it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I played it the other day. I might read up on characters and stuff. I am hosting games this saturday so it's all good.

Nice, so you guys started on PM? Like have you guys played the other smash games casually beforehand or what?

Who do you guys play as? I don't have a PM main yet.

Dekuscrub

Smash Cadet
Our small community has a weird history I guess. I played melee when I was younger for awhile but we started on brawl actually. I found project m and I was like woah it's brawl but balanced and we have played that ever since. That was two years ago. I became a regular on r/smashbros and started learning technical stuff 6 months ago and I have taught them these techniques and I have been playing melee ever since... Also we can bring a wii a gamecube and two crts if you want

Dekuscrub

Smash Cadet
Oh I main falco mewtwo and Roy but I sort of play everyone but in melee I play falco. My friend is a marth, and the other ones are undecided :p

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I would say learn Ganondorf or Mario for easy characters Rob. Also you check out Squirtle, he's pretty much a Jigglypuff with a little more weight and funky tricks.

If you looking for a fast female type character then I would check it out Zero suit Samus especially with how buffed Tether characters are in this game.

If all else fails, use Link or Charizard lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I've thought about Mario and Obviously Link. I basically refuse to play as a Pokemon except for Charizard because he's a "dragon". Jiggs in melee was fun though.

I hate the teather mechanics in PM.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's godlike for those characters but you grow to hate it alot against those characters cause ledgegrabbing is basically worthless so you have to go off the ledge and smack then away some more but it's easy or hard depending on the character but your risking your butt hard.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That was probably back when Ivysaur was really good back in 2.6. I didnt mess with her much at all back then.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Her ledgegrabbing didn't change at all. The only difference is all tether hangtimes were cut in half between 2.6 to 3.0. Also if you hang on the ledge yourself, most characters get a free aerial punish when the tether reels in.

Wait, I don't understand how Squirtle is like Jigglypuff?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I mean that as in his horizontal air speed being godlike and Fair and Bair being good as well.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'd run 64 if people had interest. Which means set ups, not necessarily TVs.

Beer Pong is also interest based, but you had to have entered smash event(s) to enter other events unless roommates/significant others to varying degrees, plus not get a DUI.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Uh..........depends on when people show up lol. I'm not very strict, mostly because I'm a night owl. I have said to have tournaments starting by 2 and half of the locals show up at like 5. Out of state being here at like noonish, earlier than I want to be up lol.

It really depends on how many people we expect. If I expect over 16 total people then I'll try and get it going quicker.

If OOS comes and actually lets me know that they need a strict time frame, I can come up with something.

You asked about housing, is that for firdya, saturday or both? Are you on a t time frame?

I plan on fixing up the rules and stuff tomorrow or sunday/monday.

Dekuscrub

Smash Cadet
Well it would be both but we are considering getting a hotel because there are six of us and we are high schoolers

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh. Well I understand. We have housing here but if you guys can afford a hotel that might be smart because of spacing issues, I really only have 2 extra couches at this point, a lot of space though.

Top Bottom