• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Full Metal Jaguar BLADE Captain: Elma [Smash DLC] *No XCX spoilers, please!* 37 Days Until XCX!

Should Elma appear in Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS?

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Managed to preorder the special edition through mobile means. Though the bad news is that I won't be able to get it until a week after launch. Good thing I was lucky enough to get the special edition I guess.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Dang. We have less than a month before the ballot ends. Anybody have ideas to promote our captain? Earlier today, I attempted to create a drawing of Elma on Miiverse in the Smash community, but it didn't go very well. Haha.

P.S.
84 more days until XCX!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dang. We have less than a month before the ballot ends. Anybody have ideas to promote our captain? Earlier today, I attempted to create a drawing of Elma on Miiverse in the Smash community, but it didn't go very well. Haha.

P.S.
84 more days until XCX!
Maybe when I get done working on a few assignments during this time, I will get around to making something for Elma. And of course, it will be made to be spoiler free since since many Westerners haven;t played the game yet. Anyone familiar with my material should know what it would normally look like.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Maybe when I get done working on a few assignments during this time, I will get around to making something for Elma. And of course, it will be made to be spoiler free since since many Westerners haven;t played the game yet. Anyone familiar with my material should know what it would normally look like.
That would be awesome! No big pressure though. Do it whenever and if you feel like it. :)

I'm considering making more promotional images. The one image I made a few months ago seems to be pretty popular here.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And now the moment you all been waiting for, a rather cool poster our favorite BLADE captain. This was something I had no problem doing since the most obvious background would have to be used for someone like her, easily showcasing her potential Final Smash and the beautiful planet that she fights to protect. I figured the Scarlet Hunter would be a title pretty fitting from her since she is described as one of the more dangerous members of the crew (obviously no spoilers involved). So anyone can feel free to spread or use it on their own time while I build my DeviantArt resume with this baby.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace

According to the above image, the North American version of the game will have all the DLC characters from Japan with no additional cost. The magazine also casually mentions that Lin is 15 years old (she is 13 in the Japanese version).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

According to the above image, the North American version of the game will have all the DLC characters from Japan with no additional cost. The magazine also casually mentions that Lin is 15 years old (she is 13 in the Japanese version).
What magazine?

And noice, we will be getting all of the DLC that easily and they only made Lin older by a few years. Makes me wonder how extreme the localization would be for Fates and this game to a lesser extent.

Powerman293

Smash Ace

DLC for free! Good with me since I spent the money I was originally saving for the DLC on the special edition!

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

That magazine also mentions that two party members are exclusive to Japan so take it with a grain of salt.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but I think this is interesting.

Now that Star Fox Zero is being delayed to Q1 2016, XCX being moved to November from December 4th is now within the realm of possibility. As of now, there isn't a major Wii U title for the month of November... Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry for the double post, but I think this is interesting.

Now that Star Fox Zero is being delayed to Q1 2016, XCX being moved to November from December 4th is now within the realm of possibility. As of now, there isn't a major Wii U title for the month of November... Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best!

Star Fox being delayed, while it sucks, is for the best since the game honestly needs a few touch ups to the visuals in addition to anything else they can squeeze in (online mode please).

Moving Xenoblade X to November would be a dream come true, though the chances are rather minimal. The wait will be pretty painful either way since there aren't many major titles to get this fall that aren't on the 3DS.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
As much as I love Starfox I wanted the game to be delayed so they could polish it a bit more and could cause the best impression to the players. its not like this franchise is in possition to make more mistakes.

And wow I diden't knew XCX was moved to November Great!

I just wish WISH that Nintendo will promote this heavily it is now their holiday title after all.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
As much as I love Starfox I wanted the game to be delayed so they could polish it a bit more and could cause the best impression to the players. its not like this franchise is in possition to make more mistakes.

And wow I diden't knew XCX was moved to November Great!

I just wish WISH that Nintendo will promote this heavily it is now their holiday title after all.
Oh snap! I just realized that the way I worded my last post was a bit confusing. XCX is still releasing on December 4th. I'm just saying that there is a possibility for it to be moved to November before Black Friday to fill the void left by Star Fox Zero.

And I agree with you. I'm glad Nintendo is choosing to delay the game to further perfect it rather than release an unfinished game during the holiday season.

Edit: NoA and NoE has no reason to not promote XCX big-time now that SFZ has been delayed.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
It seems like some familiar faces are joining Project X Zone 2:

Fiora, and KOS-MOS are confirmed for Project X Zone 2!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It will only be a matter of time until Elma is in Project X Zone 3.

What, can't a man just dream? :p

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
It will only be a matter of time until Elma is in Project X Zone 3.

What, can't a man just dream? :p
Do you know who T-elos is teaming up with if she isn't a rival unit or making a cameo or simply not appearing at all? T-elos hadn't been confirmed for Project X Zone 2 yet so it's possible she may team up with Elma.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do you know who T-elos is teaming up with if she isn't a rival unit or making a cameo or simply not appearing at all? T-elos hadn't been confirmed for Project X Zone 2 yet so it's possible she may team up with Elma.
So pair two cold, dark skinned warriors together in the same game as their lighter counterparts? Cool. :awesome:

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Are there any another Xenoblade (XC or XCX) characters that you think is more likely to get in Smash other than Elma? Personally, the strongest contenders against her are Fiora and Cross. Fiora is a character in Project X Zone 2, so she is still relevant and has seniority over the XCX characters (can relevancy really be used to argue for a character's inclusion into Smash?). She also has the most support out of all the Xenoblade characters (that'll change when people play XCX ;)). Cross is the "main" character of XCX to a certain degree. Obviously, Cross (and Elma) will gain much more support once XCX is released overseas. I think both Cross and Elma's chances are pretty much equal - ultimately, it is up to Sakurai. Basically, I have no idea who is the most likely contender. :dizzy:

P.S.
Just over two months until I have my hands on the game. So nah, so fern (which translates to "So Near/Close, So Far").

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
According to Nintendo's EGX schedule, the demo showcase for Xenoblade X will be shown for two days during the event. The first showing will occur at 2:00 on Friday while Saturday's Xenoblade X showcase will take place at 11:30.

All this extra Xenoblade X promotion makes us wonder when are we going to get a new Nintendo Direct.
But it's great that more people will be able to see more of the game before its release.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/23/heres-nintendos-egx-schedule/#comments

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
All this extra Xenoblade X promotion makes us wonder when are we going to get a new Nintendo Direct.
I remember waiting many months after the E3 2014 Digital Presentation so I would not be surprised to see the next one in November. It would be a good time to show off Zelda Wii U, methinks.

Solar Crystallization

Smash Cadet
I don't know a whole lot about her as I am trying to avoid spoilers, but I can totally see her in Smash if she is the main character. I really dig her design! :love:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Somehow, I knew you would of eventually find the Elma equivalent of the "One of Us" posts in the Kuttthroat's thread. :laugh:
I HAD to do it. Haha. Now we just need a cheesy and cringe-worthy Xenoblade TV show and it won't be too long before Lin looks something like this.

:troll:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Xenoblade Chronicles X at EGX in about half an hour... HYPE! I'm hoping for more English voice acting. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Too bad I'll be on the bus by time that happens. My mobile internet is bad to the point where your average YouTube video can't be streamed. In addition to taking care of some prints with my woodblock when I make it to college. :urg:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Too bad I'll be on the bus by time that happens. My mobile internet is bad to the point where your average YouTube video can't be streamed. In addition to taking care of some prints with my woodblock when I make it to college. :urg:
That stinks! :(

Speaking of the event, is it going to be streamed? If so, where? D:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That stinks! :(

Speaking of the event, is it going to be streamed? If so, where? D:
Chances are that they would share certain videos on their Twitter page. So if we are lucky, they would show a video of a demo there or on their official YouTube channel. They've already made a demo video for the PlayStation VR recently.

https://twitter.com/EGX/media

Top Bottom