• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

M16s PwN

Smash Cadet
Huh, I'd actually never thought about it. But now that you brought it up: we won't get any new characters. We'll get another stage if the speculation is true (the odd positioning of the Mario Maker stage in screen shots, the suspicious numbering on the Smash Bros. website) but I don't think we'll get more Mii costumes. So probably just the Super Mario Maker stage, possibly one more surprise stage.

Though watch. Maybe they decided Pokémon should have a Mii costume and we'll be presented with a Sceptile costume. Then we'll all cry.
No, Please. My little heart can only take so much breaking at once.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I...honestly don't know what to think yet. On one hand, the fact that they haven't said anything is unusual. On the other, they've surprised us before--or at least would've if things hadn't been leaked--and the server update will take an unusually long time.

For comparison...this one's set to take an hour an a half. The update at the very end of July? The one that added Tournament Mode, two stages, a handful of Mii costumes, and a ton of balancing? It only took the servers down for 20 minutes. The last time we had the servers down this long...was the huge update right before E3.

I don't know, you know?

M16s PwN

Smash Cadet
I...honestly don't know what to think yet. On one hand, the fact that they haven't said anything is unusual. On the other, they've surprised us before--or at least would've if things hadn't been leaked--and the server update will take an unusually long time.

For comparison...this one's set to take an hour an a half. The update at the very end of July? The one that added Tournament Mode, two stages, a handful of Mii costumes, and a ton of balancing? It only took the servers down for 20 minutes. The last time we had the servers down this long...was the huge update right before E3.

I don't know, you know?
Let's hope this means something.

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
Sceptile is safe for now! Not that a Mii costume necessarily disqualifies a character from being a fighter. That discussion is better... suited... for the King K. Rool thread.

That's a keen observation! I wonder why this one took so long when it seems like it had less content than the July update. Go, data miners!

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

Gamezraptor011

Smash Rookie
So this guy is doing a poll on the ballot, Sceptile is currently in 7th place (6th if you don't wanna count Shrek).

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgM5Oco1YaU

Poll: http://strawpoll.me/5619261/r
I was just gonna post something regarding that, looks like ya beat me to it haha.

Also, there are 3 different polls with characters being divided into said polls depending on alphabetical order. Each charcter only appears in one poll each, however Swegtiles soo boss that one poll ain't good enough for him. He also appears in a similar spot on the last poll to.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Yeah I didn't realize that the results I posted were just one page, still Sceptile is doing pretty good.

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
Yeah I didn't realize that the results I posted were just one page, still Sceptile is doing pretty good.
Most of the characters Sceptile is losing to in his polls are third party characters who probably have a pretty slim chance of getting in (at least not all at once). If only they decided not to consider characters whose names started with letter A through I.

Seriously though, if this poll is any indication on how popular Sceptile is on the official ballot, he seems to have a better chance than I thought!

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I still would like Grovyle over Sceptile, he would rep 2 pokemon games, Mystery dungeon and Main series, i also think his design would fit more in a smash game.
The problem with that though is that Smash never acknowledges the Pokémon spinoff games, so getting Grovyle with a Mystery Dungeon-esque moveset would be out of the question.

TheBardlyBard

Smash Cadet
The problem with that though is that Smash never acknowledges the Pokémon spinoff games, so getting Grovyle with a Mystery Dungeon-esque moveset would be out of the question.
Yeah, im just pessimistic cause they manage to Butcher all the bug characters like Mewtow was, somehow i think it would be easier to mess up sceptile than Grovyle. Sceptile definetly is a good pick though

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Yeah, im just pessimistic cause they manage to Butcher all the bug characters like Mewtow was, somehow i think it would be easier to mess up sceptile than Grovyle. Sceptile definetly is a good pick though
Grovyle and Sceptile are both awesome Pokémon, but there's just no room in the roster for two Pokémon from the same evolutionary line to be playable, unless it's Pichu and Pikachu in Melee.

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
You da real MVP, you just inspired me. Gunna go vote a few times even though I did yesterday.
Yeah for real, that's awesome. I'm going to vote nonstop today on my phone while I work. It's down to the wire.

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4AHiAWxLA

It looks like there are at least three more fighters coming our way!

Nice! I love that dedication. No matter who gets chosen from the ballot, it will be fun to see the reactions and the news. I'm hyped. This is it.
NONSENSE. If Sceptile's not one of the newcomers we'll lash out and tell everyone on Smashboards that we're not going to play this game anymore even though we don't mean it.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz

NONSENSE. If Sceptile's not one of the newcomers we'll lash out and tell everyone on Smashboards that we're not going to play this game anymore even though we don't mean it.

There is currently a discussion on Reddit where the guy talks about why he think there will be 6, brings up some valid points.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3n9hnd/my_predictions_on_the_number_of_ballot_winners/

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

Do we really want to give off the impression that we're a bad fanbase, though? I really do want Sceptile in Smash a lot, but it isn't worth ruining our reputation over.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
He may of been being sarcastic?
Oh. Whoops. Sorry, hehe. It's sometimes hard to recognize sarcasm on the Internet, but moving on...

Well, the Ballot is almost over! it's been a wild ride. I may not have been a Sceptile supporter as long as you guys have, but I still want him in really badly. When I first heard of the Ballot, I was really excited. I had the opportunity to vote for any video game character I wanted. I could have voted for any other viable character, such as Bomberman, King K. Rool, Toon Zelda, Simon Belmont, etc but I voted for Sceptile because Pokémon is my favorite series, and having my favorite Pokémon fighting alongside video game icons such as Mario and Pac-man would be incredible. I would never ask for another character again if he made it in. Even if he doesn't make it in, it still makes me happy that we were all in this together. It feels good to share my love of my favorite character with many other people. It's too bad Sonic Poke hasn't posted here in a while... I'm sure he would be proud of our support though. No matter who wins, many tears will be shed, but many faces will be brightened up as well. The excitement, the hype... it's always a great experience to be had, and I wish the best of luck to Sceptile in the future. If he isn't playable in Smash, then hopefully he will at least be playable in Pokken Tournament and continue to get more exposure in the future. I think that's all I've really wanted all along: To have my favorite characters receive recognition and become world-famous; to share joy with many other people with common interests.

Even after the Ballot ends, I'll still be around.

Let the Forest Master always be with us!

-SuperSceptile15

Last edited:

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
There is currently a discussion on Reddit where the guy talks about why he think there will be 6, brings up some valid points.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3n9hnd/my_predictions_on_the_number_of_ballot_winners/
Oh man, that's so exciting! I hope they take their time revealing and releasing the DLC. I really enjoy the anticipation!

Do we really want to give off the impression that we're a bad fanbase, though? I really do want Sceptile in Smash a lot, but it isn't worth ruining our reputation over.
Yeah sorry, I was being sarcastic. I thought someone may not get my humor and take me seriously but I threw caution to the wind. I was making fun of the people who will inevitably do this when their favorite character doesn't get announced for DLC.

Well, the Ballot is almost over! it's been a wild ride. I may not have been a Sceptile supporter as long as you guys have, but I still want him in really badly. When I first heard of the Ballot, I was really excited. I had the opportunity to vote for any video game character I wanted. I could have voted for any other viable character, such as Bomberman, King K. Rool, Toon Zelda, Simon Belmont, etc but I voted for Sceptile because Pokémon is my favorite series, and having my favorite Pokémon fighting alongside video game icons such as Mario and Pac-man would be incredible. I would never ask for another character again if he made it in. Even if he doesn't make it in, it still makes me happy that we were all in this together. It feels good to share my love of my favorite character with many other people. It's too bad Sonic Poke hasn't posted here in a while... I'm sure he would be proud of our support though. No matter who wins, many tears will be shed, but many faces will be brightened up as well. The excitement, the hype... it's always a great experience to be had, and I wish the best of luck to Sceptile in the future. If he isn't playable in Smash, then hopefully he will at least be playable in Pokken Tournament and continue to get more exposure in the future. I think that's all I've really wanted all along: To have my favorite characters receive recognition and become world-famous; to share joy with many other people with common interests.

Even after the Ballot ends, I'll still be around.

Let the Forest Master always be with us!

-SuperSceptile15
Well said.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Even though I didn't expect anything to happen today, I am just freaking out about there being no news on the ballot. The wait is killing me!

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
Is the Ballot still accepting votes? It seems weird that it would considering the deadline was already two days ago.
I have no idea. The ballot is very mysterious. I voted countless times on my phone before 10/3. Did all those votes count even though it said one vote per person? I have no idea. But I saw no downside to voting multiple times so I did it. Well, if they didn't count it would have been a waste of time. But who am I kidding, my time's not that valuable.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I have no idea. The ballot is very mysterious. I voted countless times on my phone before 10/3. Did all those votes count even though it said one vote per person? I have no idea. But I saw no downside to voting multiple times so I did it. Well, if they didn't count it would have been a waste of time. But who am I kidding, my time's not that valuable.
I just checked and the Smash Ballot is now officially closed in the United States. I assume it's closed in all the other regions as well. I hope we get an update soon. The wait is killing me!

Last edited:

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
I just checked and the Smash Ballot is now officially closed in the United States. I assume it's closed in all the other regions as well. I hope we get an update soon. The wait is killing me!
Yeah me too! I had a dream last night that Shovel Knight was announced. IT'S INFILTRATING MY DREAMS.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Yeah me too! I had a dream last night that Shovel Knight was announced. IT'S INFILTRATING MY DREAMS.
You too?
I had a dream that characters literally Nobody, not even I ever heard of got in. They were Fire Emblem esq in that they had capes and swords, but they weren't from Fire Emblem.
And the reveal trailer devolved into this Yakity Sax style chase involving the entire cast across all the stages in the game.
It was weird.

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
And the reveal trailer devolved into this Yakity Sax style chase involving the entire cast across all the stages in the game.
It was weird.
Haha that's awesome! If I don't see this in the next reveal trailer I'll be severely disappointed.

M16s PwN

Smash Cadet
A new update is on it's way to fix the Broken Chimp! If we're really lucky and pray to Nigel Thornberry, we might even get some news!

M16s PwN

Smash Cadet
I may be a little late to the party with this connection, but Ash owns a Charizard and is confirmed to own a Greninja. The only fully evolved Grass starter that he owns (to my knowledge) is a Sceptile. The trio would make up the starters in Smash should Sceptile get revealed. PLUS, Sceptile got more recognition due to a recent Pokemon annoncement, correct?

*Note: Show mercy, I don't watch the show.

Top Bottom