• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

GP2

Smash Apprentice
Okay so unfortunately I could only fit one of the banners on my signature but anyone who has free space on theirs should put this
on theirs curtosey of fantendo wiki

here's the link if you need it

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ceptile.png/revision/latest?cb=20150410173854

Right under Shantae, Sceptile one of the characters I most want to see in smash and Nintendo has even more reasons to put him in such as

1. Based on what I've seen in the community he has the best chance of getting in out of any other pokemon
2. Pokemon is one of nintendo's big 3 IP's and has their 20th aniversery coming up next year so profit will be made
3. To tie in with reason number 2, sceptile in smash will likely create a small boost in ORAS sales in which sceptile is featured as one of thee starter's evolutions but again will also likely heavily boost sales of their next game (especially if it is an emerald remake)
4. Again to tie in wit reasons 1 and 2, pokemon has a HUGE following and I know a ton of people who play both smash and pokemon extensivey (myself included and probably more than most)
5. We need a fully evolved grass starter to complete the starter type triangle with Greninja and Charizard (and since charizard is from gen 1 and greninja from gen 6, sceptile is perfect because gen 3 is in the middle and generations 1,3, and 6 were the most popular)
6. To tie in with reason 4, we can get prominent communities in the smash and pokemon community alike (serebii perhaps) to join the cause and maintain hype
7. Sceptile is cool looking
8. Sceptile is unique and they could make a moveset for him that is different than other fighters currently on the roster
9. Sceptile is awesome
10. Sceptile would be great in smash since he has great speed ans sp. atk. stats in the pokemon games

I'm sure you guys can come up with more so come on guys let's do this BRING SCEPTILE TO SMASH

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
if not sceptile we at least need a grass pokemon
I would be perfectly fine with Venusaur, Ivysaur or even Breloom. I just think Sceptile has the most room for a diverse move set that would be really unique in Smash. I'm tempted to do another move-set, though it would be my third. Maybe that's to much.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm tempted to do another move-set, though it would be my third. Maybe that's to much.
I'd say do it. I'd love to see this thread come back to life, and if making movesets will help, then so be it. I've been thinking of one lately myself, but haven't really put it on paper yet

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
As long as Sceptile is using his claws on his hands & toes, Leaf Blades, head(?), and his pine-tree-like tail in his move-set, then I'm definitely okay with anything. Though for me personally, I'd really like to see Sceptile use the nodule-like yellow seeds on his back as a pluck-able item to throw towards enemies dealing damage or towards allies healing them. The move would primarily be called Seed bomb & the alternative name for when he heals allies would be called synthesis? That's the only grass healing move I know of, but it could be called Seed healer respectively. I also would like every time Sceptile deals damage with a grass-esque attack that it heals him in return. 1 - 2% seems fine to me.

So anyways when I find the time I may edit my past move-set since now playing Sm4sh so much thanks to Shulk, I have a better idea / grasp on balancing.

Last edited:

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Sceptile in my opinion is the most deserving candidate if they do plan to add another Pokemon rep. I just wonder what his Up Special would be like since that is probably what has me most curious.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My thoughts on Sceptile's created Up-B special recovery move was also mysterious about it. I never really had a "good" idea of what I thought it'd be. Leaf Storm, Pursuit, & other moves like that were tossed around as good ideas but I still don't know what my Sceptile move-set would roll with.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
My thoughts on Sceptile's created Up-B special recovery move was also mysterious about it. I never really had a "good" idea of what I thought it'd be. Leaf Storm, Pursuit, & other moves like that were tossed around as good ideas but I still don't know what my Sceptile move-set would roll with.
I always liked the idea of Razor Wind for his up-special. Just a high vertical boost with razors coming out the sides. Has as much distance and a similar animation as Mega Man's up-special.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I always liked the idea of Razor Wind for his up-special. Just a high vertical boost with razors coming out the sides. Has as much distance and a similar animation as Mega Man's up-special.
Can Sceptile even learn that, though?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Can Sceptile even learn that, though?
If you breed him with a Heliolisk, yeah, haha. It's a really off-the-wall suggestion, but with the way I picture it, I think it'll work. Plus, I always liked the idea of Sceptile's final smash being like Mewtwo's: Mega Evolve and perform a signature attack. Even though other Pokemon CAN learn Leaf Storm, Sceptile has always been promoted with him using it and firing off his tail.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Apparently tethers cannot be an Up-B special move anymore (See Zero Suit Samus & Olimar changes), but a Side-B or Z-air is tether-worthy & fair game. So aside from that, I'd be fine with Razor Wind.

Potential Up-B moves?
  • Agility
  • Leaf Storm
  • Razor Wind
  • Pursuit
  • Aerial Ace
  • Acrobatics?
  • Leaf Tornado?
  • Insert other Up-B option here

GP2

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Sceptile in my opinion is the most deserving candidate if they do plan to add another Pokemon rep. I just wonder what his Up Special would be like since that is probably what has me most curious.
If it were up to me, my idea for his up b would be Leaf storm where sceptile launches high up in the air similar to pit/dark pit's up b except it isn't as high and there is a hit box and massive wind box on the trail he leaves behind allowing for offensive options and gimping like greninja's up b as well

Last edited:

GP2

Smash Apprentice
If it were up to me, my idea for his up b would be Leaf storm where sceptile launches high up in the air similar to pit/dark pit's up b except it isn't as high and there is a hit box and massive wind box on the trail he leaves behind allowing for offensive options and gimping like greninja's up b as well

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I used Leaf Storm for my UP-B that last moveset I did.

:GCU::GCB: = Leaf Storm

Damage wise this will function very similar to Charizard's Up-B but won't deal as much damage or kill as early. It will just suck in players from the side, and knock them back at the peak with enough force to kill. It will however have a bit more range, and will be able to be controlled much more. About half way through the animation, you will be able to bend the Leaf Storm at up to a 45 degree angle depending on how much you move the stick. Changing the angle will change the knock back direction but not damage. Multi hit does 2% hits a max of 8 times, final hit does 14% will good knock back.

Reading it now, it's kind of broken. Actually 90% of my moveset was pretty broken. I'll have to fix some things if I do another one.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I dunno. I still think Leaf Storm should be saved for a Mewtwo-esque Final Smash. If he just end up being able to run around freely and what-not that it's fine with me. However, what is Solar Beam was used instead? Just have Sceptile fire a huge beam straight down, shooting him upwards? Imagine it being thicker and more damaging than Palutena's Up-Smash. I'm still just getting ideas for my own moveset for him though. Just trying to keep the thread alive, haha.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I dunno. I still think Leaf Storm should be saved for a Mewtwo-esque Final Smash. If he just end up being able to run around freely and what-not that it's fine with me.
Part of me would actually rather have Mega Sceptile work as a Lucario-esque stat buff. They could even have Lightning Rod work as a passive Gravitational Pull that basically forces opponents to approach as long as he's in Mega form.

However, what is Solar Beam was used instead? Just have Sceptile fire a huge beam straight down, shooting him upwards? Imagine it being thicker and more damaging than Palutena's Up-Smash.
Problem with that is, the Treecko line doesn't learn Solar Beam naturally. Wouldn't something more associated with Sceptile work better than a move they can only get through a TM?

...Hey, wait a minute. Didn't I see you on Twitter earlier?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Aerial Ace seems more like a smash or tilt to me, the Swallow Cut doesn't actually give you any height... To me it's always been Acrobatics because Flying Gem Acrobatics was the main set I came across last gen...

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Part of me would actually rather have Mega Sceptile work as a Lucario-esque stat buff. They could even have Lightning Rod work as a passive Gravitational Pull that basically forces opponents to approach as long as he's in Mega form.
Eh, I suppose it COULD work. I'm still for the idea of Sceptile slamming his Mega-Evolved tail onto the enemies in front of him, stunning them, jumping to the end of the stage, and firing off his tail. If he did just Mega-Evolve though, the Lightning Rod could work. Lucario reaches maximum aura, Charizard gets to fly around freely, and Sceptile gains a gravitational pull. I just don't know how it would work on large stages like Palutena's Temple or on stages with lots of platforms and no floor, like 75M.

Problem with that is, the Treecko line doesn't learn Solar Beam naturally. Wouldn't something more associated with Sceptile work better than a move they can only get through a TM?
Whereas that is true, Ash's Sceptile had actually learned Solar Beam in the anime. Plus, looking at the movesets of Pokemon in Smash Bros, a lot of them have moves they can't learn naturally:
  • Pikachu can only learn Skull Bash through TM in Gen I
  • Thunder Jolt for Pikachu and Pichu doesn't exist in the main games
  • Charizard only learns Fly through HM
  • Ivysaur only learns Bullet Seed through TM in Gens III and IV
  • Squirtle only learns Waterfall through HM
  • Lucario only learns Force Palm as a Riolu and only learns Double Team through a TM.
...Hey, wait a minute. Didn't I see you on Twitter earlier?
mmmaaayyybbbeee

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
I have some Ideas for sceptiles moveset

Stats- He is med-fast med-light with a med size character and very fast run speed. a little better on the ground but still good in the air. pretty slow air speed. medium fall speed

Tilts- generic hits n' stuff

Smashes- They all involve him swinging that huge tail of his to slam the opponent.

Neutral B- Scpetile is just begging to get Solar beam/synthesis like Ivysaur had in Project M. His orbs can even light up one by one to let you know how much you have charged and when they are all glowing you are ready to fire. The solar beam should charge faster and be weaker though

Up-B -Night slash- Like fox illusion but vertical, with a sweet spot at the end that deals more knockback and damage

Side-B- leaf blade- I can see this as being a move like marth's dancing blade but only having 3 hits. the first could hit upward, and the second could have a meteor effect and the last hit slides forward. each hit wouldn't link into the next though.

Down-B - Detect- Sceptile uses detect and counters, While on the ground sceptile would jump to the other side of the opponent and automatically grab them. and in the air it would be a standard counter.

Pummel needs to be absorb that would be cool, he could heal some damage with each grab.

He can crawl and wall Jump
He will have the fastest crawl in the game....for some reason.

Last edited:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Charizard can't learn fly and rock smash naturally

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Plus, Double Team in smash works totally different than how it works in the PKMN universe. Though the idea of missing your attack & taking a counterattack makes logical sense.

But yeah I definitely can get started on re-working my move-set. Wall climbing won't be a thing for me to include since it wasn't a new mechanic at the game's release.

Last edited:

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
I've always thought Frenzy Plant would be a good final smash for Sceptile. Sceptile himself would mega evolve and be stationary (in an intense concentrative state, perhaps surrounded by a green glow) and a bunch of damaging roots would sprout randomly across the stage for a few seconds. Each root would act similarly to Villager's growing tree. It would be unique and true to the original game!

Last edited:

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
I've always thought Frenzy Plant would be a good final smash for Sceptile. Sceptile himself would mega evolve and be stationary (in an intensely concentrative state, perhaps surrounded by a green glow) and a bunch of damaging roots would sprout randomly across the stage for a few seconds. Each root would act similarly to Villager's growing tree. It would be unique and true to the original game!
This needs to happen

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I support this, I would personally prefer Grovyle but It would be more difficult making a Final Smash for Groyvle. I have a moveset somewhere, see If I can put in it at some point.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I've started working on my moveset but it isn't quite done yet, not sure when I'll have time again to finish it to my liking but I have the specials done so here they are. I chose the same four moves I did last time, but I tried to make them a little less OP. If anything looks to out of whack, feel free to tell me.

Specials:

:GCB:

Energy Ball-

Sceptile would shoot a glowing green ball out of his mouth, that would grow in size as in moves. It would be somewhat slow moving, and at the end of it's trajectory the ball would explode doing additional knock back and damage. The ball would move in a straight line, and be able to be ducked under be some characters but not the explosion at the end. If you catch someone off stage with the sweet spot, it would kill mid-weights at 100%+. Sceptile would be unable to move for a moment after shooting, so if whiffed in close combat it will be punishable. The move would travel slightly more than half way across Final Destination.

Damage:

1/2/4/5/10%

:GCL::GCB:

Leech Seed-

Sceptile would crouch down, shooting a set of four seeds out of the orbs of his back. The moves trajectory would be slow moving arc, with very little range (the seeds would drop about one character length away). The move would be unchangeable, so the range would be consistent. If used in the air Sceptile will be able to act sooner out of the animation, but the move won't travel as far. If one seed lands, the opponent is wrapped in vines that do 2% damage every time the opponent uses an attack. This would heal Sceptile 2% each time as well. The move stops using after 20 seconds, or death.

Damage:

2% per attack

:GCD::GCB:

Synthesis/Solar Beam-

Just like Ivysaur's but slightly less strong. The move would take 9 seconds to fully charge, and heal Sceptile 1% each second charged. The move would shoot out at a 45 degree angle, it would stay active for about a second. The timing and spacing for it to kill at it's highest potential would be very strict and would be something would require a lot of labbing to hit consistently. While charging the bulbs on Sceptiles back would glow bright yellow. And every 3 seconds one bulb would stay lit even after charging, showing that the move is 33% charged. Sceptile has 6 bulbs on his back so it would be a great way to show this.

Damage:

Weak: 8% Strong 30%

:GCU::GCB:

Leaf Storm-

Sceptile would surround himself in a tornado of leaves that shoots him upwards at a very high speed. The move would suck opponents in closer to Sceptile and send them vertically when the move was finished. The move would be multi hit and would be able to be bent at an angle about half way through, altering the angle would also affect the way the opponent is knocked back at the end of the move. The move would be very similar to Charizards Up-B, though it would not be very useful on grounded opponents due to how quickly Sceptile moves upwards. Opponents would need to be caught in a jump to suck them in and get optimal knockback.

Damage:

2% (Multihit, up to 8 times) 12% (Final, bent angle) 14% (Final, straight up)

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Count me in! Sceptile is my favorite Pokémon of all time, and I made sure to vote for him in the ballot. Being able to play as Sceptile in Smash would be the greatest thing ever... a dream come true! However, even if Scep doesn't make it in, it still makes me really happy that there are a lot of people who love this Pokémon and support him as a playable character.

Here's my idea for a moveset:
Stats:
Speed: Same as Little Mac
Power: Same as ZSS
Jump speed: Same as Greninja
Grab speed: Moderate to fast
Jump Height: Moderate

Here's a unique gimmick to separate Sceptile from the fighters even more (Synthesis): Each time Sceptile KOs an opponent, he will glow green and lose 10% of damage.

Moves:
Standard Attack: Punches first two hits and slams tail the third (11% damage total)
F-tilt: Tail slam (13% damage)
D-tilt: Lunges foot forward (8% damage)
U-tilt: Upward slice with arm (8% damage)
Dash Attack: Rolls and kicks [think Sonic] (9% damage total)
Forward Smash: Does a double kick (15% damage w/no charge)
Down Smash: Attacks with Leaf Blade hitting both sides [think Robin] (16% damage w/no charge)
Up Smash (first kill move): Upward strike with Leaf Blade [think Shulk] (15% damage w/no charge)
N-air: Spins (7% damage)
F-air: Does a side swipe with arm (9% damage)
B-air: Does a short kick (10% damage)
U-air: Does a flip kick (9% damage)
D-air (meteor): Thrusts Leaf Blade downwards with moderate speed (12% damage)
Grab and Pummel: Repeatedly kicks opponent (think C. Falcon)
F-throw (second kill move): Slices with arm (8% damage)
B-throw: Jumps off opponent and slams with tail (10% damage)
U-throw: Throws opponent upwards and can lead to easy follow-up combos with aerials (9% damage)
D-throw: Stabs opponent with Leaf Blade (11% damage)
Neutral Special: Energy Ball - Charges a light green ball of energy and shoots it out of his mouth [moves a bit slow but has great range and can be used to rack up damage] (7-30% damage depending on charge)
Down Special: Dragon Breath - Releases a potent blast of breath that leaves the opponent stunned [missing with this attack leaves Sceptile wide open and vulnerable but it has excellent range] (2% damage)
Side Special (third and final kill move): Dragon Claw - Slices opponent with super sharp claws [has a small amount of start-up lag but no cool-down lag] (13% damage)
Up Special: Leaf Storm - Spins tail and unleashes a flurry of sharp leaves that propel him in the direction you want [no knockback] (2% damage for each tiny hit)

For Sceptile's Final Smash, I think it would be ideal for him to Mega Evolve and then unleash a powerful Solarbeam attack, sort of like Samus's Zero Laser but green.

Taunts:
Taunt #1: Yells, "Sceptile! Sceptile!" while thrusting body forward.
Taunt #2: Turns the opposite direction and crosses arms.
Taunt #3: Says, "Scep," while crouching down and then yells, "Tile!" after jumping up excitedly

Victory Poses:
Pose #1 (up on D-pad): Shows a spectacular display with Frenzy Plant
Pose #2 (left on D-pad): Yells, "Tile!" while showing a facial expression of joy
Pose #3 (right on D-pad): Nods solemnly

Also, can I be added to the list of supporters? Thanks.

P.S. We could really use more supporters... how can I convince other people to join?

Last edited:

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
That's a good moveset, I especially like the gimmick. It's unique and worthwhile but not too OP.

P.S. We could really use more supporters... how can I convince other people to join?
Maybe other people could give you other advice but here's mine: the best way to do it is just to raise awareness. Your avatar and signature are great! Also keep posting in this thread. It bumps it back up to the top of the character forum and maintains buzz for the people who have posted in here previously. Vote for Sceptile in unofficial polls and threads. Stuff like that. People who are receptive to the idea of Sceptile will look into him and hopefully become a supporter!

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Just the simple idea of making the blades on Sceptile's forearms grow to a massive size & using OverGrown Leaf Blades to hack & slash in glorious HD would be sick. It is his signature move so I wouldn't mind it being his Final Smash. Not that I don't want something different like a Mega Evolution Final Smash or Frenzy Plant, I'm just also open to even the simplest yet effective ideas.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Here's something interesting. You know how the Smash Bros. Facebook page posted this a few days ago to get people talking about the Smash Ballot again? There's actually a surprising amount of people that mentioned Sceptile.

There was also a pretty interesting contrast between the Pokémon characters supported. Most of the time Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Pichu were brought up, they were part of a long checklist of veterans. But if the person was interested in newcomers and supported a Pokémon, it was almost always Sceptile. I guess that says a lot about where the support lies right now?

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I think the two biggest obstacles in our path are Blaziken and, interestingly enough, Grovyle. Blaziken is overall more popular than Sceptile in the Pokémon games, while Grovyle supporters claim that Grovyle would be a more unique choice due to representing Mystery Dungeon. I don't want Blaziken because he would just be another fire-type, and we already have Charizard for that. Plus, I can't help but feel that he would be a bit too similar to Captain Falcon somehow. I wouldn't mind if Grovyle got in as much, but it would be weird to have two fully-evolved Pokémon and then having the Grass-rep being NFE. It would be like saying, "Sorry, but Grass is not as strong of a type as Fire and Water," and that would feel insulting. What are your opinions, guys?

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I think the two biggest obstacles in our path are Blaziken and, interestingly enough, Grovyle. Blaziken is overall more popular than Sceptile in the Pokémon games, while Grovyle supporters claim that Grovyle would be a more unique choice due to representing Mystery Dungeon. I don't want Blaziken because he would just be another fire-type, and we already have Charizard for that. Plus, I can't help but feel that he would be similar to Captain Falcon somehow. I wouldn't mind if Grovyle got in as much, but it would be weird to have two fully-evolved Pokémon and then having the Grass-rep being NFE. It would be like saying, "Sorry, but Grass is not as strong of a type as Fire and Water," and that would feel insulting. What are your opinions, guys?
Honestly? I think the fact that Blaziken would be yet another physical-based Fire user is exactly the reason we don't have to worry about him. He isn't even very highly supported right now because of that! And since representation isn't the main thing they look for and Grovyle's support kind of pales in comparison, I don't think either is a real problem.

Our biggest obstacle is, most likely, how willing they are to give another Pokémon newcomer a shot. That's something we don't really know either way.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
You have a really good point. Many Smash fans don't want another Pokémon rep because they think six is too many. While I can understand their reasoning, I personally disagree. Pokémon is Nintendo's second most popular franchise. It's one of the few series that holds tons and tons of characters, ahead of Fire Emblem even. There's no much untapped potential with Pokémon in Smash that it's crazy. That's why I find it disappointing that the Pokemon roster in all Smash games are heavily biased towards the First Generation. Yes, I know that Gen 1 started the entire series and was huge back in the late 90s, but it just seems unfair to ignore Pokémon from all the other generations. In addition, I think there were even more Pokémon planned to be playable in SSBB, although I'm not sure if that information is correct. Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling. I just wanted to let everyone else know how I feel about the "too many Pokémon reps" situation.

P.S. I just got started with school again, so I might not be able to post as often. I'll try when I can, though. Thanks again for everyone's support!

Last edited:

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
Our biggest obstacle is, most likely, how willing they are to give another Pokémon newcomer a shot. That's something we don't really know either way.
That is a good point, especially since there has already been a DLC character from the Pokémon franchise. The best we can do is hope Sakurai and company are open to a new pokémon and keep voting like crazy! Do you think Delphox poses much of a threat to Sceptile? That might be a weird question to ask the OP of the Delphox thread. Like trying to decide which one of your children is better.

That's why I find it disappointing that the Pokemon roster in all Smash games are heavily biased towards the First Generation.
I've thought about this a lot and I do think it's a shame. The first generation is definitely the most popular and that's what it usually comes down to. At least Smash 4 (66% 1st generation, 33% other generations) is currently doing better than Brawl (83%, 16%). Sceptile on the roster would bring the percentages to an almost equal 57%, 43%!

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
That is a good point, especially since there has already been a DLC character from the Pokémon franchise. The best we can do is hope Sakurai and company are open to a new pokémon and keep voting like crazy! Do you think Delphox poses much of a threat to Sceptile? That might be a weird question to ask the OP of the Delphox thread. Like trying to decide which one of your children is better.
I don't think they're competing with each other at all, really...well, not directly. Their abilities are vastly different, and since uniqueness seems to be a big deal when the developers pick newcomers, one getting in wouldn't make the other feel redundant. It'd only be a problem if they put an arbitrary cap on how many characters a series could gain...and considering they added three Mario characters to the base roster, added four Pokémon characters to Brawl, and added four Zelda characters to Melee, I don't feel like it's the instant deal breaker so many treat it as.

As it stands, though, Sceptile is definitely the more likely of the two...unless Delphox sneaks in pre-Ballot, which isn't entirely out of the question if she was one of the Gen 6 mons they looked at early in development when they chose Greninja...

I've thought about this a lot and I do think it's a shame. The first generation is definitely the most popular and that's what it usually comes down to. At least Smash 4 (66% 1st generation, 33% other generations) is currently doing better than Brawl (83%, 16%). Sceptile on the roster would bring the percentages to an almost equal 57%, 43%!
It's always frustrated me how Gen 1 gets so much preferential treatment. I mean, are the newer mons not just as valid and just as worthy of consideration?

Really gets on my nerves every time I see people act like the Gen 1 mons are "more deserving" just because they're the only ones they cared about before they lost interest in the series.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Well... What do you think Sakurai will announce at the next Smash Direct? It's been a while since we've gotten any news, so I'm hoping for at least one character announcement. It would also be nice if they worked on alternate costumes for already-existing characters. I would personally love OoT-style Ganondorf and Link. I'm getting a bit tired of Mii Costumes myself, and knowing that costumes can potentially disconfirm characters, it would be a fatal blow to see a Sceptile Mii outfit (poor K. Rool fans...)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well... What do you think Sakurai will announce at the next Smash Direct? It's been a while since we've gotten any news, so I'm hoping for at least one character announcement. It would also be nice if they worked on alternate costumes for already-existing characters. I would personally love OoT-style Ganondorf and Link. I'm getting a bit tired of Mii Costumes myself, and knowing that costumes can potentially disconfirm characters, it would be a fatal blow to see a Sceptile Mii outfit (poor K. Rool fans...)
To be dead honest, seeing as the Unity Miiverse contest is the last Miiverse contest that Sakurai and co. will do is a likely indicator they are wrapping up development on post-launch content. The general change of mood in the K. Rool thread indicates that Sakurai is pretty much done with Pre-Ballot DLC (except MAYBE Wolf, though it would be very odd to withhold him for this long if he was always planned) and the last DLC we will get is the Ballot Winners and any stages they may be associated with, particularly if they belong to a new IP.

That said, I don't think we will get anything Smash related until October when the Ballot ends (other than selecting the winners of the Miiverse contest). I would love to be pleasantly surprised though and see something in September, because I don't think we're getting jack diddly in August beyond tourny/stages/infernal mii costumes that we got at the first of the month.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
To be dead honest, seeing as the Unity Miiverse contest is the last Miiverse contest that Sakurai and co. will do is a likely indicator they are wrapping up development on post-launch content. The general change of mood in the K. Rool thread indicates that Sakurai is pretty much done with Pre-Ballot DLC (except MAYBE Wolf, though it would be very odd to withhold him for this long if he was always planned) and the last DLC we will get is the Ballot Winners and any stages they may be associated with, particularly if they belong to a new IP.

That said, I don't think we will get anything Smash related until October when the Ballot ends (other than selecting the winners of the Miiverse contest). I would love to be pleasantly surprised though and see something in September, because I don't think we're getting jack diddly in August beyond tourny/stages/infernal mii costumes that we got at the first of the month.
Yeah. You do have a point. I don't think we'll get anything for a while either. I only own the 3DS version, so I don't know exactly how Tournament Mode is, but I've heard a lot of negativity regarding it. Maybe it can receive an update this month? I don't know.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
To be dead honest, seeing as the Unity Miiverse contest is the last Miiverse contest that Sakurai and co. will do is a likely indicator they are wrapping up development on post-launch content.
And how does one of those things mean the other?

(except MAYBE Wolf, though it would be very odd to withhold him for this long if he was always planned)
You realize they could've just decided other characters were higher priority, right?

I think we could see something in the next couple weeks. I still think there's a decent chance there'll be two more pre-Ballot characters, and then any from that point on will be from the Ballot.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

You realize they could've just decided other characters were higher priority, right?

I think we could see something in the next couple weeks. I still think there's a decent chance there'll be two more pre-Ballot characters, and then any from that point on will be from the Ballot.
At this point, anything is fair game. We all know how unpredictable Sakurai can be.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

It doesn't, it's speculation right now. There are those, myself included, that look at this "final Miiverse contest" is that the team is probably getting ready to be done with their work. We are also rapidly approaching October. Put two and two together and signs are pointing at them being almost done, they are probably already working on the Ballot characters now for all we know. It's also possible Wolf is being saved to go alongside Star Fox Zero, considering we all know he's in the game but they have yet to speak a word about Wolf in SF0.

Top Bottom