• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
And if you want to say things have changed and that isn't recent enough, why else is there "Want to know more about *Character name here*? Visit the official website for *Game character is from*" which links you to the site at the bottom of each character's profile on the official site?
Several characters don't have those links, guess they gone Turbo.

:troll:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ Jmacz Jmacz Your D-throw info is broken. Needs nerfs.:p
. . .
No seriously that should be nerfed. It's hypothetical speculation, but healding for 10 & dealing 10 is pretty damn good for a fresh throw. We'd just improve Sceptile's grab-game so much that we would only use grab for Dthrow all day every day. Which I don't like particularly because I like variety & change in mix-ups with several throws.

I skipped straight to the throws just to see what they'd say, & that was an eye-opener the most for me. Then I skipped to your Summary & then all my typing seems for naught because you knew before I read, before I posted this.:shades:

EDIT: I'll make a huge quote about your entire spoiler later today, perhaps this evening. I like what I was able to read so far.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
@ Jmacz Jmacz Your D-throw info is broken. Needs nerfs.:p
. . .
No seriously that should be nerfed. It's hypothetical speculation, but healding for 10 & dealing 10 is pretty damn good for a fresh throw. We'd just improve Sceptile's grab-game so much that we would only use grab for Dthrow all day every day. Which I don't like particularly because I like variety & change in mix-ups with several throws.

I skipped straight to the throws just to see what they'd say, & that was an eye-opener the most for me. Then I skipped to your Summary & then all my typing seems for naught because you knew before I read, before I posted this.:shades:

EDIT: I'll make a huge quote about your entire spoiler later today, perhaps this evening. I like what I was able to read so far.
If there was one thing I thought was broken it was d-throw, 6% sound better or is that to high you think? I wanted to give him one option that heals a lot, I guess 10% is a bit of a stretch lol.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Assuming Sceptile isn't included, I can't imagine how much automatic support will go towards the final grass starter of the next generation (or potentially and eventually the generation after) simply because it would complete the trio in Smash.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Pretty likely, yeah. Not just because it'd complete a so-called set, but also because we don't have anyone right now with the moveset a Grass type would have. The niche is wide open.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Pretty likely, yeah. Not just because it's complete a so-called set, but also because we don't have anyone right now with the moveset a Grass type would have. The niche is wide open.
Word.

There's enough evidence to prove that a Grass-esque play-style is plausible in Smash Brothers via Ivysaur, SSB4 character's moves like Mega Man's Leaf Shield, & the healing-dealing mechanic from Robin's Nosferatu. The puzzle pieces fit around nicely.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So I've been (slowly) piling a moveset idea together, and I just realized something that also complicates some of the other movesets I've seen:

The Treecko line does not learn Razor Leaf through any means.

On the other hand, now I'm pretty sure I want Energy Ball to be the neutral special on my set, now that I remembered the line is one of the few to learn it naturally...

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Oh man well needed bump, been gone for a while with MCC coming out (should of got a Wii U first) where did everyone go?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm here. I'm being slightly attentive to the Shulk boards mostly. I was kinda preparing, waiting for Delzethin's move-set idea.

Also, just because Razor Leaf cannot be learned by the Treecko family in the pokemon games, doesn't write-off Razor Leaf being a move in Sceptile's move-set he could use. Though over the course of time, I went from being a Razor Leaf fanatic with Sceptile, to now wanting Sceptile being more energy-based. So now I finally would prefer Energy Ball over Razor Leaf.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Heh, I've been preoccupied, myself. Things oughta get less complicated in a few days, though, so I can start putting stuff together then.

Right now I'm trying to get a feel (obligatory:4shulk:) for how Sceptile would play. That'd likely affect what I have his side special be. I also have ideas for an up special, but I'm trying to decide which would be the default. I'm heavily leaning toward Energy Ball as a neutral special despite it being yet another chargeable move, though, and I'm 100% sold on Grass Knot as a down special given how Scep has both prerequisites--a Grass affinity or being at least partially bipedal--that you need either of to learn it in the games.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I originally wanted Wall-crawling to be a thing, but with Smash 4 out now the likeliness of Sceptile happening with that new quirk is wishful thinking.

I step down from my idea of Wall-Crawling, despite how fitting it would be for Sceptile.:ohwell: I may just scrap my previous ideas & start fresh, including my own speculated ideas of Custom Specials too. The idea of Energy Ball being a Neutral SPecial is fine, because adding one more charge-able Neutral B isn't hurting considering how many we have already, plus this game kind of became Super Parry Bros, so there's that too.

(Just don't give Sceptile a counter move unless it's Detect):p

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Okay, so I think what I'm gonna do is slowly build the moveset over time. That way there won't be as much pressure on my end to fabricate all of what I haven't already decided on. First things first: playstyle and B moves!

Playstyle
I see Sceptile as a zoner--someone whose abilities lie in limiting what opponents can do and putting them in uncomfortable situations. His niche lies in that he's more skilled than your typical zoner at shutting down projectile campers...at the cost of being vulnerable to rushdown-heavy opponents who get in his face easily.

Special Moves

:GCB:
Standard Special: Energy Ball

A (relatively) new move in Pokemon canon, Energy Ball draws power from surrounding plant life, presses it into a sphere, then fires it at a target. At a respectable 90 base power and a 10% chance to cut its target's Special Defense by a third, it's the strongest Special Grass move that doesn't have some kind of drawback. While the move isn't inherently associated with Sceptile, the Treecko line is one of only a few to learn Energy Ball naturally.

In Smash Bros., Energy Ball is a charged projectile with a twist. Its size is rather small--at full charge it's no bigger than a minimum-aura Aura Sphere, even though it takes just as long to charge, and its knockback is moderate at best. But its strength lies in how its effect carries over from the games: an opponent struck by a thrown Energy Ball will glow dark green for up to 8 seconds as its defenses are lowered. If they're hit when in this state, they take 1 1/3 times the regular damage!

:GCR::GCB:
Side Special: Leaf Slicer

It may no longer be a signature move, but Sceptile is heavily associated with Leaf Blade thanks to the built-in ones on the Grass-type's forearms. At 90 base power and a doubled crit rate, it's a force to be reckoned with...even though Sceptile's strength lies more in elemental attacks than physical ones. For this technique, Sceptile uses them a little...differently.

As the command is pressed, Sceptile crosses his arms to prepare to strike, then with a brief delay, he snaps forward not unlike Fox Illusion, ending in a quick slash that sends him into freefall.

...But if any weak projectiles get too close to Sceptile during the move's duration, he swings early and slices clean through them, destroying them on the spot! If he destroys any projectiles in this manner, he won't slash at the end of the move, but he will not enter freefall afterwards!

:GCU::GCB:
Up Special: Pursuit

A normally-weak Dark technique, if Pursuit is used when an opponent tries to switch out of battle, it interrupts them and hits with twice its usual strength! The Treecko line gets the hang of it pretty early, anywhere from Level 16-18 depending on the form that learns it and the game it's learned in.

In Smash, Pursuit turns into a recovery move with a twist. After a bit of startup, Sceptile air-dashes diagonally upward, leaving a thin trail of darkness in his wake and damaging anyone caught in the path. Anyone who lingers too close should beware, though...because at the very end of the move, pressing B again will make Sceptile perform a second, shorter but significantly faster dash straight at an opponent if they're in range! If it connects, Sceptile does not go into freefall and can use Pursuit again! But be sure your target doesn't dodge...

:GCD::GCB:
Down Special: Grass Knot

Those who've ventured through Sinnoh might know this as the gym leader Gardenia's signature move. Grass Knot causes the ground below a target to sprout without warning and snare them, and the heavier the trap's victim is, the more damage it deals. While only two lines learn it naturally, Grass Knot has a wide distribution via TM 86 that includes all Grass types.

In its Smash counterpart, Sceptile places a forelimb on the ground, summoning a small but clearly visibly clump of grass. If an opponent touches it, it springs up and snares them, dealing greater damage the heavier its victim is and causing them to trip! There're a few caveats, though: Sceptile can only place one Grass Knot at a time, they wither up after a while, and they can only be placed on solid ground--no floating platforms.
And in other news, I finally got my hands on Alpha Sapphire.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I got Alpha Sapphire
My starter is Treecko
He evolved into Sceptile
How the heck have I not shown my support yet?
I support 100%

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm actually more inclined to believe F-Zero getting a new game, but. . . I'm optimistic for Sceptile to be DLC sorta?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Odds are pretty good that we'll get info on Mewtwo (Or maybe even a trailer for him!), but I wonder how likely the chances are he's part of a full Pokemon-themed DLC pack?

...Well, okay, it's pretty unlikely right now, but it'd be really cool. >_>

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm highly doubtful that we'll get anyone other than Mewtwo at this point, but I still support Sceptile. Cross your Leaf Blades guys!
Also, I've been thinking over the past couple days about X-Scissor being incorporated into one of Sceptile's smashes or aerials, U-Smash in particular. To illustrate, Sceptile would get his Leaf Blades out and sharply put them in an X above him. It would probably have a sweetspot at the tips of the blades. Idk why this was in my head for so long, but I thought I'd share.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Also, I've been thinking over the past couple days about X-Scissor being incorporated into one of Sceptile's smashes or aerials, U-Smash in particular. To illustrate, Sceptile would get his Leaf Blades out and sharply put them in an X above him. It would probably have a sweetspot at the tips of the blades. Idk why this was in my head for so long, but I thought I'd share.
I had a similar idea, actually...except I have the sweetspot being where the blades cross.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Last night, I finally got a Sceptile in-game, and can I say the attack animations are badass as hell?

And since I've been putting it off far too long, here's some more of the moveset.

Standard Moves

:GCA:
Jab Combo: Fury Cutter

A quick, short range slash with the blades on Sceptile's hands leads to multiple rapid short range slashes outlined in yellow-green. They may not increase in damage with each hit like in the games (because that'd be overpowered >_>), but they're great nonetheless at racking up hits and disrupting opponents' momentum.

:GCR: -> :GCA:
Dash Attack: Headbutt

Sceptile ducks low and tries to ram his target head-first. The damage isn't particularly high, but the hitbox lasts longer than most dash attacks, and the low height of the hitbox gives it a better shot at poking opponents' shields...in a way, staggering them and interrupting their attack just like in the games.

:GCR::GCA:
Forward Tilt: Leaf Blade

A standard, no-nonsense forward slash with a bit of rise to it...well, aside from it being from razor-edged leaves growing out of the wrists of a 5 1/2 foot tall gecko-dinosaur-thing. The attack has solid range and deals pretty nice damage, but it carries some startup with it that makes it impractical if you have an opponent in your face.

:GCU::GCA:
Up Tilt: High Blade

One of several variations on Leaf Blade, this one has Sceptile slashing in a slight arc above himself. Like the basic version, it has respectable power but a bit of startup. Stay aware of where your opponent is, though; this attack has blind spots immediately to Sceptile's sides.

:GCD::GCA:
Down Tilt: Slam

From a crouched position, Sceptile swings his tail out at his opponents' feet. The move has impressive horizontal range, a low hitbox, and comes out surprisingly fast. There's some end lag to it, though, so use on shields at your own risk. Slam has two different hitboxes: a main one that sits in the area where leaves grow from it, and a small sourspot near the tail base that deals less damage and knockback but has a chance of making opponents trip!

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
And a little more. This time, something a little...stronger.

Smash Attacks

:GCCR:
Forward Smash: Cross-Scissor

Sceptile raises both arms above and slightly behind himself, then leans forward and delivers a powerful cross slash! The attack has good range but significant end lag, and deals only modest damage and knockback along most of the x-shaped hitbox...but has a sweetspot where the blades cross!

:GCCU:
Up Smash: High Scissor

For this version, Sceptile crouches and crosses his arms, then springs back up and delivers a cross slash directly above his position! Just like the base version, it has respectable range but only shows its true power if it connects at the center of the X!

:GCCD:
Down Smash: Grass Pledge

Sceptile slams both hands into the ground, and columns of spiraling leaves appear on his sides! This attack is powerful and covers Sceptile well, but has poor horizontal range. Think something like Mega Man's down smash.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Came across this on youtube and it made me sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70kWwW4ifgY
Just imagine that the Aura Spheres are Energy Balls :'(

With the Rayman leak, I have a bit more hope for DLC characters and that means a bit more hope for Sceptile, though I'm still not getting my hopes up at all. Please come to us based grass dino/gecko.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Just imagine that the Aura Spheres are Energy Balls :'(

With the Rayman leak, I have a bit more hope for DLC characters and that means a bit more hope for Sceptile, though I'm still not getting my hopes up at all. Please come to us based grass dino/gecko.
To bad the Rayman leak was fake lol.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Welp, we're back to square one. Hopefully we get news of actual DLC some time soon.

Not all that likely, considering Directs don't usually happen in consecutive months...

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Welp, we're back to square one. Hopefully we get news of actual DLC some time soon.

Not all that likely, considering Directs don't usually happen in consecutive months...
Yeah there is really no hope of anything being announced until Summer imo. It seems as if they are using Mewtwo as a test to see how popular the DLC is. We need that to happen, and then we need Sakurai to realize no is going to think DLC characters are just a money grab and that we actually want them and are willing to pay.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
Ok I support septile
also i have a moveset not much
B leaf blade he does a standard combo desent range and does 28 if all hits connect
side B Flying Press he jumps up and does the move dealing 34 damage if the foe is on the ground and 19 in the air
Up b ????????
down b dig he digs down he wont be able to be hit, when he comes back up he does 5 9 damage and buries close foes
final smash Mega septile it mega evolves and does Frenzy plant creating giant vines slamming anyone nearby

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Honestly, Sceptile would be the best new Pokémon candidate, if only because it could replace Ivysaur as a Grass-type starter.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright, I may as well throw out my moveset ideas.

Neutral Special: Leaf Storm.
Can be charged and saved, much like Lucario's Aura Sphere and Samus's Charged Shot. Uncharged, it is a short ranged, single hit move that does 3% damage. Fully charged, it is a multi-hitting move that catches and damages the opponent 12 times for 3% damage, ultimately doing 36 damage. However, you have to be really close to the opponent to land all of these hits. The farther away the opponent, the less damage it ultimately does.

Custom moves are Razor Wind and Frenzy Plant. Razor Wind charges faster and has a longer range, but is weaker, dealing just 1.5% damage per hit. Frenzy Plant takes longer to charge and is all around laggier, but it does all of the damage in just one hit.

Side Special: Leaf Blade
A simple attack, Sceptile leaps forward and deals 9% damage. It can be used as short horizontal recovery, and it doesn't put you into free fall.

The custom versions of this move are Aerial Ace and Dragon Claw. Aerial Ace has much greater range, but only does 6% damage. Dragon Claw does 14% damage but can't be used to move forward or as recovery. It's basically an extra Smash Attack.

Up Special: Seismic Toss
On the ground, it's a grabbing move. First, Sceptile grabs an opponent. Then, he leaps into the air and slams them on the ground, much like Charizard's Up Throw, and deals 10% damage. In the air, however, it doesn't serve as a grabbing attack. Sceptile simply leaps upwards, and has a hitbox on his arms that deal 8% damage as he dives back down. It can be used as a recovery much like Ike's or Kirby's up specials.
And yes, Sceptile can learn this move. It's a gen 3 move tutor attack.

Costum versions include Dual Chop and Agility.
Dual Chop isn't a command grab on the ground, but has active hit boxes on both the way up and back down.
Agility has no hitboxes but has great range and and can be angled, making it purely a recovery move.

Down Special: Counter.
Just kidding it's Leech Seed.
Sceptile places a flower on an opponent directly in front of it, putting them under the flower status affect. If it successfully lands, Sceptile recovers 3% HP. It is slow and doesn't work on an opponent who already has a flower on their head.

Custom versions include Toxic and and Absorb.
Toxic does damage 3% as it places the flower effect. Absorb does and heals 6% damage at the same time, but is laggier and doesn't leave a flower.
side B Flying Press he jumps up and does the move dealing 34 damage if the foe is on the ground and 19 in the air
Sceptile can't even use Flying Press.
The only pokemon who can so far are Hawlucha and the cosplay Pikachu.

Last edited:

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
Sceptile can't even use Flying Press.
The only pokemon who can so far are Hawlucha and the cosplay Pikachu.
It was 11:00 PM when I wrote this so I was tired and plus I was having trouble coming up with moves and Flying press would be uniqe enough

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
built more like a velociraptor than a gecko in my mind, so I decided against crawl mechanics, however I opted for the ability to run up walls a couple steps instead of clinging. Speed, weight, and power pretty much all between Greninja and Charizard. His moveset is lots of combo moves and traps, trickster and zoning kind of character.

Specials

:GCN::GCB:: Bullet Seed (Energy Ball / Leech Seed)
Bullet Seed would be a held down spray attack that has no stun and does lots of very small, like 1% hits. Can move while spraying. Can tilt up and down. Slowly dies down. Shout out and credit to @ Masonomace Masonomace for contributing to inspiration.

Energy Ball would be a customization, pretty much just like the other Pokemon charge ball attacks, except he spits the ball instead...

Leech Seed would be the other customization, giving the Lipstick effect doing damage over time and having very small self healing properties.

:GCU::GCB:: Leaf Storm (Razor Wind / Acrobatics)
Leaf Storm would have a charge over time effect, creating larger, longer lasting wind tunnels the longer it has been stored. There would be some visual indication of a full charge. The tunnel would give Sceptile a upward launch upon use and reentry, while having a shredding twister effect on opponents that slowly lifts and racks up damage with small hits. Can attack after use in air.

Razor Wind as a custom move would take two presses to activate, one to charge and one to release. The charge will stop aerial motion momentarily like Ness and Fox's down specials, the release will launch him spiraling with blade attacks in a similar control fashion to Lucario's Extreme Speed, however there would be a jet stream behind him pushing anyone caught in it downward. Cannot attack after use in air.

Acrobatics would be basically a third jump that would create a fourth jump if it comes in contact with an opponent, attack them and springing off, fifth jumps and so on could occur if you continue to make contact. Held items would nerf the jump distance significantly.

:GCD::GCB:: Grass Knot (Seed Bomb/ Worry Seed)
Grass Knot would be a trap move, similar to Snake's landmines. Grass Knot would allow placement of up to 2 snares that would simple trip opponents much like Diddy's bananas. Sceptile is unable to trip on them.

Seed Bomb would be a power version of the trap, only allowing 1 trap, however it is a power explosive dealing great knock back and decent damage. Sceptile is vulnerable to setting it off himself.

Worry Seed would allow 1 planting, contact causing some damage and the dizziness effect. Sceptile can be hit by his own.

:GCR::GCB:: Fury Cutter (Leaf Blade/ Night Slash)
Fury Cutter would be a move sort of like Dancing Blade, being that it is a string of blade attacks, however the pattern would be more suited for Sceptiles leaf blades rather than Marth's sword. The damage doubles upon each hit if they manage to string together as a combo. Damage starts at 3% and can reach 24%, causing a complete combo to do 45%. Final swing being easier to dodge. Can be used for horizontal recovery.

Leaf Blade is a balanced version of the attack that consistently does 8% damage, and 12% for the final blow. Complete combo doing 36%.

Night Slash would have sweet spots, which do 10%, while all other hits do 5%. A perfect combo would do 40%, low end 20%.

Tilts

:GCN::GCA:: False Swipe
False Swipe would be the standard A combo, doing no knock back at all and having only a slight hit stun, the finishing move of the combo does slightly more damage, however, it would leave you vulnerable due to the lack of stun and knock back and there would be a quick moment where Sceptile has to recover from the move.

:GCU::GCA:: Cut
Cut performs an uppercut that can be used to juggle.

:GCD::GCA:: Low Sweep
Low Sweep uses the tail to trip opponents. No KO potential, but good for combos.

:GCR::GCA:: Headbutt
Headbutt would be moderately strong for a tilt, good knock back, pretty self explanatory.

Smash Attacks

:GCCU:: Grass Pledge
Grass Pledge would shot a column of vine like grass strands into the air, longer the charge, longer the column, pulling opponents out of the air down toward Sceptile.

:GCCD:: Frenzy Plant
Frenzy Plant would be directed which way Sceptile is facing, and angle the smash for quick turn around, Sceptile pushes his hands into the ground and roots grow, lashing forward. The longer the charge, the further they extend.

:GCCR:: X-Scissor
X-Scissor would be a powerful kill move, even when not charged. Very quick cross chop of a slash. Stretches forward for a slightly larger hit box, however does not have a huge range. Can be used out of a dash to stop your own motion.

Dash Attack

:GCR::GCR::GCA:: X-Scissor
Weaker, mobile version of the forward smash, still has decent KO potential, Sceptile does a cross chop while running through the opponent.

Aerials

:GCX::GCN::GCA:: Quick Attack
Quick Attack would perform a quick spin attack with the leaf blades, high priority, go defensive move.

:GCX::GCU::GCA:: Crunch
Crunch would have do initial damage as well as having a quick grab release motion that allows Sceptile to kind of throw the opponent in which direction he is holding down. Move set up for combos.

:GCX::GCD::GCA:: Slam
Slam is a spiking move with HUGE KO potential. Greatly satisfying to land. Pretty slow wind up flip, and dangerous to Sceptile if there isn't land beneath him, could prove to be hard to recover from.

:GCX::GCR::GCA:: Pursuit
Pursuit would be a weak hit, similar visual to Mario's forward air (but with a leaf blade), however the move gets stronger and a sweet spot if hitting a character who is facing away or falling out of control.

:GCX::GCL::GCA:: Aerial Ace
Aerial Ace swings the leaf bladed elbow backwards. Kind of a Ganondorf elbow but with longer range but less power.

:GCX::GCZ:: Grass Knot
With Sceptiles recovery moves all having weaknesses, I gave him a Grass Knot lasso for a tether. Hitting an opponent would pull them down and launch Sceptile up. Can grab ledges.

Grab/Throws

:GCZ::GCA:: Absorb
Grabs with his Grass Knot lasso, pulls opponent in. Pummel uses Absorb to heal Sceptile a bit with each attack.

:GCZ::GCU:: Pound
Pound would throw the opponent up, pull them down, and then do a quick pound with the tail. Two hit throw. Ground, and then tail. Bounces opponent leaving them just above and in front of you.

:GCZ::GCD:: Release
Releasing an opponent leaves them bound in the Grass Knot lasso momentarily. For them, breaking free is like breaking free as if Sceptile is still grabbing them.

:GCZ::GCR:: Headbutt
Headbutt pulls the opponent into Sceptiles face as he smashes it into them. Pretty strong throw.

:GCZ::GCL:: Slam
Slam causes to toss the opponent just above him and do a back flip tail smack that is extremely deadly.

Taunts

:GCU::GCDpad:: Battle Cry
Does the battle cry he does when he starts a battle in Pokemon. Doubles as his battle entry.

:GCD::GCDpad:: Twigarette
Puts his little twig in his mouth. Stays there until he gets hit.

:GCR::GCDpad:: Hone Claws
Sharpers leaf blades against each other, simply visual effect only.

Final Smash
Mega Evolution + Outrage. Mega evolves, raising a bunch of trees in the process, the player controls Sceptile while he thrashes around knocking over trees for a limited time. Trees are like Villagers, but visually different. Trees sprout randomly around the stage. Sceptile can move and jump, as he is lashing out automatically.

Or, a Twister or a Leaf Storm caused by rapid slashing of the Leaf Blade, shredding up damage and drawing people into Sceptile and delivering lethal blows with direct contact to the blades.
How can I make this better?

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Possibly. It depends on how much popularity matters in the ballot and how much those "other factors" matter. If it's just a popularity contest, it'll be all Gen 1 mons from the people who lost interest in the series when it fell out of fashion.

If moveset potential and representing relevant parts of a series that haven't been yet still matter? We're back.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Just put my vote in for Sceptile :)

Now to vote for Tails, Knuckles and Ryu Hayabusa too hehe

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Yo, we back tho. The Forest Master is calling for support once again! Let's... FREAKING.... GO! We need to reach out to Pokemon YouTubers like PKSparkxx about Sceptile's potential for Smash Bros. I know we can start up a hype train with him.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm all for a Sceptile initiative; this is a monumental way for Nintendo to gather hype, by forcing all legions of supporters to rally and raise awareness.
Nintendo just made all of us fans promoters for all of their IPs.

I'd love for someone, perhaps Mason, to write a blurb for my Smashboards votes thread,
http://smashboards.com/threads/smashboards-votes.397113/#post-18876819
To show people what he brings to the table.

carlos11

Smash Cadet
I've been wanting Sceptile to make it into Smash4 since last Autumn, and enjoyed watching and reading a lot of the content that was created by his supporters. I've even read through many pages of this thread. I didn't create an account until now, but I felt that now's the perfect time to join the movement. I never did stop hoping for Sceptile, and after Smash3DS was released I always told people that he'd eventually make it in as DLC, before I even knew about Mewtwo.

In light of recent events, it's clear to me that Sceptile actually has a fighting chance now, given that the main thing that was against him in the past is now actually in his favor. In other words, people dismissed his possibility of being on the roster because he had only been made relevant so recently. Now, however, it's because of the recent release of ORAS that Sceptile is without a doubt the most relevant popular character suggestion I can think of. In addition, other points still stand, such as the need for a grass starter on the smash roster and the fact that no other pokemon makes more sense than Sceptile except maybe Blaziken, but Charizard's inclusion in the game, imo, would definitely conflict with Blaziken's chances of making it in the game.

I'm feeling optimistic about our chances of winning this. I feel like the only other possible characters that currently would surpass Sceptile in popularity would be Wolf and Ridley, but Sakurai already said Ridley is pretty much not going to happen, so that's that. If we rally enough support, I think Sceptile can come out on top.

I'm obviously biased towards Pokemon, so what do you guys think? (Assuming there's realists out there)

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I've been wanting Sceptile to make it into Smash4 since last Autumn, and enjoyed watching and reading a lot of the content that was created by his supporters. I've even read through many pages of this thread. I didn't create an account until now, but I felt that now's the perfect time to join the movement. I never did stop hoping for Sceptile, and after Smash3DS was released I always told people that he'd eventually make it in as DLC, before I even knew about Mewtwo.

In light of recent events, it's clear to me that Sceptile actually has a fighting chance now, given that the main thing that was against him in the past is now actually in his favor. In other words, people dismissed his possibility of being on the roster because he had only been made relevant so recently. Now, however, it's because of the recent release of ORAS that Sceptile is without a doubt the most relevant popular character suggestion I can think of. In addition, other points still stand, such as the need for a grass starter on the smash roster and the fact that no other pokemon makes more sense than Sceptile except maybe Blaziken, but Charizard's inclusion in the game, imo, would definitely conflict with Blaziken's chances of making it in the game.

I'm feeling optimistic about our chances of winning this. I feel like the only other possible characters that currently would surpass Sceptile in popularity would be Wolf and Ridley, but Sakurai already said Ridley is pretty much not going to happen, so that's that. If we rally enough support, I think Sceptile can come out on top.

I'm obviously biased towards Pokemon, so what do you guys think? (Assuming there's realists out there)
To be honest, the real competition are the Paper Mario supporters (You'd be surprised at how much support that character received), King K. Rool supporters, and Wolf supporters. Other than that, Sceptile is going to be just as fierce for a spot on the roster. Never got too excited for Mewtwo and Charizard is looking a bit hopeless for me when it comes to Smash 4, so Sceptile would by far and away rekindle my interest in the bare fundamentals game that is Smash 4.

Top Bottom