• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Gerudo; Toon Ganondorf for Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Moderator Edit: Mega Bidoof is now the owner of this thread, replacing Fastblade5035.

"Now! Let us put an end to that which binds us together! Gods! Hear that which I desire! Expose this land to the rays of the sun once more! Let them burn forth! Give Hyrule to me!"
- Ganondorf
Ganondorf as he appears in the Wind Waker, Toon Ganondorf is one of Ganondorf's most iconic appearances, as well as the only appearance of Ganondorf yet to be playable in Smash.​
Playstyle
Just like "The Wind Waker," Toon Ganondorf is a fast, yet powerful character who is very defensive. Toon Ganondorf should focus on countering his opponents with surprisingly fast attacks and strong defense. Of course, Toon Ganondorf would be a heavyweight, so he'd be easily gimped and combo-ed.​
Why Toon Ganondorf?
For starters, he is the only appearance of Ganondorf that hasn't been playable in Smash Bros. yet. His appearance in Wind Waker differs greatly from the heavy, slow feel that Ocarina and Twilight Princess Ganondorf have. He could also help represent the 'Toon' games with Toon Link, though admittedly Vaati would be a better, albeit less likely choice.​
What are Toon Ganondorf's chances?
Unfortunately, toon Ganondorf has fierce competition with Toon Zelda/Tetra, Ghirahim, Vaati, Impa, and Tingle. However, there is a chance that Toon Ganondorf will be the 'new' Ganondorf of Smash 4, as Melee had Ocarina Ganon and Brawl had Twilight Princess Ganon .​
Vs. Toon Zelda
Ganondorf has very, very harsh competition with Toon Zelda, especially since she was planned for Brawl, and would help represent the Toon series much better than Ganon would.​
Toon Zelda has the edge.​
Vs.Ghirahim
Ganondorf soundly takes this. Ghirahim has only his popularity and recentness going for him, both of which Toon Ganon also has.​
Toon Ganondorf has the edge.​
Vs. Vaati
Toon Ganondorf's second most potent threat. Vaati not only has more appearances, but is also much more unique. Ganondorf has recentness as an advantage, but Vaati has more appearances. Id say its even.​
Edge: No one.​
Vs. Tingle
Tingle is by far a much more likely character, but if he gets in, he'd probably represent his own series.​
Edge: For the Zelda series, Toon Ganondorf.​
Vs. Impa
Toon Ganondorf's third obstacle. More to be added soon.​
Ganondorf's Minions
(supporters list)​
Fastblade​
Groose​
ACP99​
Diddy Kong​
Movesets:
Fastblade's Moveset​

A-Ganondorf punches sideways, just like he ***** punched Toon Link.​
AA- Ganondorf swings his sword in his other hand.​
AAA- Ganondorf brings his sword arm back, acting as a powerful back-slash.​
SideA- Ganondorf slashes his sword diagonally.​
UpA- Ganondorf swings his sword in the air, similar to Marht's UpA.​
DownA- Ganondorf punches upward, similar to Blanka's crouch punch in Street Fighter II.​
UpAir- Ganondorf creates an X slash above him.​
NormalAir- Ganondorf extends both arms, with his swords acting like a Sex Kick. Hits on both sides.​
ForwardAir- Ganondorf keeps his Fair from Brawl, cause its awesome.​
DownAir- Ganondorf spins once, then thrusts his swords down. Its a meteor smash.​
B: Ganondorf scrapes the ground, then lifts up, shooting off an Energy Ball that homes onto opponents.​
SideB: Gerudo Dragon Choke- Essentially the same as Brawl, with a few differences. Ganondorf will punch the opponent before grabbing them (Like Koopa Klaw), and in the air, Ganondorf extends his sword while he dashes forward. As well, he semi-impales the opponent on his sword, then shoves them off, acting like a meteor smash. (No more Ganoncide)​
UpAir: Rising Gerudo Fist- Ganondorf throws a massive sideways uppercut with 'dark' effects. If an opponent is in the way, he will spin when he comes in contact with them, then gets a small boost and can use UpB again.​
Alternate: Ganondorf does not spin when in contact and instead continues his uppercut.​
DownB: Counter- Ganondorf raises his swords defensively. Straight-on attacks are useless, (Like Mirror Shield) and Ganondorf can use Counter to enter another attack with 0 startup lag.​
Final Smash: Ganondorf's Wish​
Δ​
ΔΔ​
Time stops as the Triforce slowly descends in front of Ganondorf. Ganondorf chuckles evilly, then touches it, his eyes closed. The Triforce then disappears as Ganondorf is temporarily invulnerable, and lava and massive sandstorms ravage the stage. (When the Triforce disappears, time starts up again).​
Don't forget your Toon Ganondorf support icon on your way out!​
Here's a cool Toon Ganondorf backround too!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It had to happen sooner or later. I was actually planning to make this support thread myself but I was too lazy too decided not to. :p

Toon Ganondorf is my favourite version of Ganondorf, his story and battle was just so epic. But yeah, he has too much competition, especially with Toon Zelda, not to mention that he is reliant on Toon Link staying. Which is a shame, playing with those dual swords would have been epic.

But hey, I'm all for the awesome Toon Gerudo King.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How has this thread not been made before?

Playing as Toon Ganondorf would be pure awesome, he was one of the best versions of Ganondorf, without a doubt.

Groose

Smash Champion
You have my support.

I don't really want him on top of TP Ganondorf... but I'd definitely prefer WW Ganon. I just love that art style.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I like Wind Waker, so I'll support Toon Ganondorf. Even though he WOULD actually be the only case of a character with two versions that are the EXACT same person. Not like Link and Toon Link. Although some could count ZSS and Samus. Never mind, then. Not the support, but my other statement.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I like Wind Waker, so I'll support Toon Ganondorf. Even though he WOULD actually be the only case of a character with two versions that are the EXACT same person. Not like Link and Toon Link. Although some could count ZSS and Samus. Never mind, then. Not the support, but my other statement.
Exactly! More uniqueness for Toon Ganondorf!
Also, Update No.1; Groose and APC99 are officially Minion's of Ganondorf.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
He's my favorite characterization of Ganondorf and the dual katanas are pretty slick.

That being said, I feel like Smash should avoid having multiple copies of the same character, no? I mean, Link and Toon Link are different reincarnations, but Ganondorf isn't being reborn, just redesigned. It just doesn't make sense to have the same dude in the roster twice, in my opinion... especially not when you could put in Vaati instead to represent toonish villainy.

(again, my opinion. If I was directing the game, I also wouldn't have put in Dr. Mario, for instance.)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Link and Toon Link are different guys, but Link and Young Link were both OOT Link, so there is precedence for the exact same guy getting two unconnected character slots. Although I would be less than stoked to have two Ganondorfs in the roster (though I have a couple friends who I know would be SUPER STOKED if there were two Ganondorfs).

As for Toon Ganondorf as the only Ganondorf of the game, I'm neutral to the idea. There are some really cool things you could do with his duel sword style, but there's also really cool stuff you can do with every other Ganondorf form if they actually took advantage of it. I'd also be lying if I said I wouldn't miss the current style Ganondorf we have, since he does in practice play very differently from Captain Falcon regardless of move set.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
+1 Supporter!

I'd love it if Ganondorf was totally Wind Waker inspired this time around. However, I don't want both a regular Ganondorf AND Toon Ganondorf. However, I'd also like it if he took just a few traits from WW Ganon, and created a sort of OoT, TP, WW hybrid Ganondorf, like they did with Link with OoT, TP and SS. Still, Wind Waker's Ganondorf is probably the most badass Ganondorf we got in the Zelda series. And two swords really do make up for no sword in Melee, and no sword in Brawl. ;)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If its the only way to de clone him...(-_-) then yh sure....i been thinking about this too tbh. But as Sakurai said thst having two links is important i think the same applies to G-Dorf tbh.....i mean if the normal dorf is in its cool but if its just toon dorf you know people would dearly miss normal dorf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He'd probably play quite defensive, and would be very good at countering.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This thread is mine now.
You know you're awesome when you take over the king of taking over things.

Anyway, I feel with transformations gone, Toon Zelda's chances have been cut significantly, as she wouldn't be unique by any definition of the word if she were by herself.
Though Tetra still has a chance, I feel that Toon Ganondorf has just as good as a chance as her, especially when you take into account Toon Ganondorf's unique duel swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom