• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Er.... I'm a supporter, just not on the list it seems.
Vaati has been my most wanted Zelda newcomer for a long time.
Believe Zelda should be repped with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, Vaati, and Skull Kid.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Little late to the party but thought I'd drop by since Vaati is my most wanted Zelda newcomer, 2nd being Impa.

And since Ganondorf doesn't really use magic ( magic seems more of a enhancement to his physical moves, though hope he does come back with a new moveset), we could have a purely mage using villian. Well while he's in his human form, and nothing against Ghirahim supporters, but I just can't stand him

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So, guys, if Vaati is in Hyrule Warriors, how do you think it would affect his chances?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
The most expected answer is his chances would boost, but you have to remember, basically any Zelda character who's anybody is in that, from what we know so far. There's also is the fact, as you pointed out, that Hyrule Warriors may be too late for any Smash representation.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I've never really been in this thread before, but Vaati has my soft support, as I think he is the only non-Ganon boss that would deserve to be playable. Classic Ganon > Vaati for me as a representation of the classic games, though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I sadly am almost coming tothe understanding that Ganon is somewhat possible

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I feel like an idiot I never considered Fi as a playable character in Smash Bros. till her Hyrule Warriors reveal, wouldn't mind her as a playable character, but since she only has one game I doubt it. Even if Vaati doesn't have a role in Smash Bros. I would like to see him in Hyrule Warriors in some form of another, it does seem like a power fantasy/fan service game.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, with the Gematsu characters not guarenteed anymore, and us having more characters than we're expecting, I'm really feeling good about Vaati's chances, and more people are expecting a Zelda newcomer, which makes Vaati's chances all the more better! I might have to update the OP soon! :grin:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Well, with the Gematsu characters not guarenteed anymore, and us having more characters than we're expecting, I'm really feeling good about Vaati's chances, and more people are expecting a Zelda newcomer, which makes Vaati's chances all the more better! I might have to update the OP soon! :grin:
so should we talk about stages music (don't know if it really been said been a while since i read the op)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I really like how we are both in the same situation :)

Because not seeing thread like this one and a few others began to make speculation bland. I actually did update mine with pretty images and as I expected, there will be better support it started for me already so you shouldn't have to wait a lot to get the same thing.

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
Also add me to the support. Vaati is my all-time favorite zelda character. I think it'd be cool if he had access to a sword which he won the competition that started his whole story. Maybe if he used the picori blade.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm not good at movesets, but someone could come up with a half picori blade-half magic moveset. That would be interesting.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well, I'm not good at movesets, but someone could come up with a half picori blade-half magic moveset. That would be interesting.
I think that will make him way too much like Robin, so why not make him fully magic based attacks, he would be one of the strongest long/mid range character but make him weak in close range, that will make people that use him try anything they can to stay as far away from their oponents as they can and, at the same time, the enemy will be forced to fight at close range

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
you could give him the spell what he use to turn zelda to stone it would work like that dk head butt thing in villager mover where he digs you in to the ground but you get turned to stone

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
How did I not find this thread sooner? I love Vaati! I've wanted him in Smash for a long time! Get me on that support list, please!

Random fact: I''ve recently been replaying Minish Cap :)

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
There's something someone on the Ridley thread brought up which could increase his chances, there's a inconsistency with trophy theory.

Tiki trophy is stated as being from the Fire Emblem series
Fi trophy is stated as being from Skyward Sword
Pseudo Palutena trophy is stated as being from Kid Icarus Uprising
and King Kihunter trophy is stated from being from the Metroid series

I tried to make this argument elsewhere but managed to butcher it so I'll hopefully do better this time

Pseudo Palutena only appears from the Kid Icarus Uprising game so it makes sense, and the real Palutena is also from that game, which people speculated would be rep that trophy was hinting at, even if she appears in other games, so you could have also use "from the Kid Icarus series" as well. Though if we took the same approach with the Tiki trophy, Tiki appears in at least 5 other Fire Emblem game, but the new Fire Emblem reps we got were Robin and Lucina, who only appear in Awakening, yet Tiki's trophy says from the fire Emblem series. And if the game or series (game being a more precise hint), of where the rep the trophy was hinting at was coming from, why didn't the Tiki trophy just say Fire Emblem: Awakening?

So what I'm trying to get at is, if the statue of Fi is meant to be hinting at a character from Skyward sword by saying that's where she's from not as part of the series, then it would imply that Demise/Ghirahim theory of it having to be a Skyward sword rep is less likely. Though saying that Impa has made a fair share of appearances in the Zelda series, and she one of the 1st characters shown in Hyrule Warriors, so maybe it could be her, but my hopes rekindled for Vaati being a possible character.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
There's something someone on the Ridley thread brought up which could increase his chances, there's a inconsistency with trophy theory.

Tiki trophy is stated as being from the Fire Emblem series
Fi trophy is stated as being from Skyward Sword
Pseudo Palutena trophy is stated as being from Kid Icarus Uprising
and King Kihunter trophy is stated from being from the Metroid series

I tried to make this argument elsewhere but managed to butcher it so I'll hopefully do better this time

Pseudo Palutena only appears from the Kid Icarus Uprising game so it makes sense, and the real Palutena is also from that game, which people speculated would be rep that trophy was hinting at, even if she appears in other games, so you could have also use "from the Kid Icarus series" as well. Though if we took the same approach with the Tiki trophy, Tiki appears in at least 5 other Fire Emblem game, but the new Fire Emblem reps we got were Robin and Lucina, who only appear in Awakening, yet Tiki's trophy says from the fire Emblem series. And if the game or series (game being a more precise hint), of where the rep the trophy was hinting at was coming from, why didn't the Tiki trophy just say Fire Emblem: Awakening?

So what I'm trying to get at is, if the statue of Fi is meant to be hinting at a character from Skyward sword by saying that's where she's from not as part of the series, then it would imply that Demise/Ghirahim theory of it having to be a Skyward sword rep is less likely. Though saying that Impa has made a fair share of appearances in the Zelda series, and she one of the 1st characters shown in Hyrule Warriors, so maybe it could be her, but my hopes rekindled for Vaati being a possible character.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, as I haven't played Skyward Sword, but wasn't Fi sealed inside the Master Sword? Well, Vaati was sealed inside the Four Sword in Four Swords. Coincidence? I don't know, just something I noticed.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Correct me if I'm wrong here, as I haven't played Skyward Sword, but wasn't Fi sealed inside the Master Sword? Well, Vaati was sealed inside the Four Sword in Four Swords. Coincidence? I don't know, just something I noticed.
I thought Vaati was born as a picori, and in the Minish cap after you defeat him all that's left of him is the Mage's Cap. Though four sword games happen after Minish cap in the Official timeline.

Four sword (stays pretty much the same in all games):

Demise's sword/Anti-Master sword/Ghirahim blade form:

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I thought Vaati was born as a picori, and in the Minish cap after you defeat him all that's left of him is the Mage's Cap. Though four sword games happen after Minish cap in the Official timeline.

Just basing ourself in what Fi represents, it would be a hint for Ghirahim, but as far as i know, the other trophies character didn't had much to do with the revealed or most likely character (excluding Pseudo Palutena) so the fact that they used FI may not mean much

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Just basing ourself in what Fi represents, it would be a hint for Ghirahim, but as far as i know, the other trophies character didn't had much to do with the revealed or most likely character (excluding Pseudo Palutena) so the fact that they used FI may not mean much
The Only way I could personally see Ghirahim as a playable character is if he was paired with Fi and works like Robin (Ghirahim being the male and Fi being the female). But Robin seems like a exception.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

I never said they were the same sword, if that's what you're implying. Now, before you hate on me, I never finished Four Swords (I'm going to get to it this summer after Minish Cap and a few Metroid Games). It's just something I saw when I was browsing to find an image of Vaati.

Top Bottom