• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
No time is ever too late to be added onto the supporters list. (Unless he's already confirmed/deconfirmed, but that a different story)

Honestly, I think this helps him a lot too, only competition I see for Vaati now is Impa, which is always good news for me. :grin:
Thanks! I'm glad I can finally discuss Vaati in an actual thread.
Vaati has certainly moved up in the line now that all the other choices barring Impa and toonclones were made into assist. Still, we don't know if Zelda will even get a newcomer this game. Time will tell.
I'm pretty sure we're going to get at least ONE newcomer. If you think about it, Zelda never got a new rep in Brawl. Toon Link's pretty much Young Link in different attire, and Sakurai considered Sheik to be her own character in the roster back from Melee.
So if we don't have another rep this time, it means Zelda will be keeping the same roster for over 13 to 19 years!
It's not as if we don't have avaliable characters ready to go either, in fact we have a full arsenal filled with characters full of personality, or that's what I think. So there is no reason for Sakurai keeping a hold on Zelda reps, especially since Mario got a completely new (with a fully original moveset) fifth, and possibly a sixth.
Plus we got that Trophy Quiz behind us too. It's just a matter of whether it will be Impa for a SS rep, or Vaati for a Toon rep.
(Unless, that is, if Sakurai renewed Ganondorf's movesets and considered it to be something of a new character, which I think unlikely.)
By the way, did we get a Toon Zelda stage for the WiiU yet? I don't remember Sakurai putting one up.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I did not expect this.

But this turned out to be a 180. I tough vaati's chance became very low and now, it's at least decent.

I'm still wondering how the trophy tease would be for vaati if he's not from skyward sword. At least I don't know who exactly now beside Impa which I literally can't tell (yeah, to tell the truth, I don't know her).

Hope you get a tease because I think you would love that, and then, became obsessed, but aren't you already? :)

I'm saying this because I have to deal with the most confusing tease ever while Ridley is still going on. Getting your 2 most wanted on tease is really becoming obsession.

Actually, they still could reveal a tmc stage. Would like to see some sizes effects along with teasing :)

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
GHIRAHIM HAS FALLEN!!!

FALL BACK TO HELMS DE...... I MEAN THE VAATI THREAD!!

I'M NOW A SUPPORTER

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Guys. You're putting way too much stock in this trophy theory. I doubt it means anything at all. Most likely, Sakurai just wanted to quiz us on how well we know Nintendo characters, and just put in the Palutena tease for fun.

Also, 10 pages! Yay!

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Guys. You're putting way too much stock in this trophy theory. I doubt it means anything at all. Most likely, Sakurai just wanted to quiz us on how well we know Nintendo characters, and just put in the Palutena tease for fun.

Also, 10 pages! Yay!
I understand what you mean, but hey, it's Sakurai. And he has been giving out hints on all the other characters, somewhat.
And it would be sad if Mario got a newcomer this time, and Zelda didn't. Pokemon had six reps in Brawl, and are likely to get the same amount. And I'm pretty sure Zelda has just as level of status as Pokemon(So does Mario).

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Gooper Blooper
Well, I did not expect this.

But this turned out to be a 180. I tough vaati's chance became very low and now, it's at least decent.

I'm still wondering how the trophy tease would be for vaati if he's not from skyward sword. At least I don't know who exactly now beside Impa which I literally can't tell (yeah, to tell the truth, I don't know her).

Hope you get a tease because I think you would love that, and then, became obsessed, but aren't you already? :)

I'm saying this because I have to deal with the most confusing tease ever while Ridley is still going on. Getting your 2 most wanted on tease is really becoming obsession.

Actually, they still could reveal a tmc stage. Would like to see some sizes effects along with teasing :)
I think that the trophy theory can hint two Zelda characters, those being Impa and Vaati. Impa for reasons everybody probably knows about now, and Vaati because Fi is sealed inside the Master Sword as Vaati is sealed inside the 4-Sword.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It would be nice to have a Zelda Newcomer to add to the villain Roster alongside Ganondorf. Vaati would help counteract Toon Link.

Good luck to you supporters and may you have him playable. (Mark me down as a supporter if I have not been added to the list already)

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I have to say that the more i think about it the more i believe that Vaati was more likely from the start to make it as a new zelda rep than most. A villain that has been in multiple games and represents the "Toon" side of Zelda that Sakurai considers important.....

COME ON EVIL GERBIL

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I never commented in this thread, but Vaati has been one of my most wanted characters since Brawl. I never expected Ghirahim to get in before more noteworthy Zelda Characters like Tingle, Impa, Vaati or Twinrova so I'm not sure if his deconfirmation helps Vaati's chances that much, but it certainly doesn't hurt. I'm not even sure Sakurai knows Vaati exists since he didn't even get a sticker in Brawl.

Anyways, feel free to add me to the support list. The only new characters I want more than Vaati are Shulk, K. Rool, Ridley and Paper Mario.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
The only game that I played that had Vaati was Four Swords Anniversary Edition. I think he would be a good addition as Vaati is one of the few main characters outside of the Triforce Three to appear in more than one game. Also, as said, he would not only be a Toon character but one with a unique moveset.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Definitely add me to the support list,. :) Vaati would be perfect as a Zelda newcomer, and would five Toon Link his own villain.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Vaati as a newcommer would be pretty good (unless Sakurai makes him a chibi Ganondorf gameplay wise, that would end me). He's the only major villain besides Ganondorf that seem to be recurring, being the main antagonist in his own ,,series'' of sort (even though Ganon kinda took that away in the NGC game). Gameplay potential is deceant, and after fall of Ghirahim Im in for any Zelda character to make it in really.

Except Lana. I rather have a Link clone with a scarf than her. Nothing personal, just her design and the fact she is so new, as in we literally dont know if we will like that character or not, so shoving it down out throats like that over characters with more history with the series would make me butthurt like nothing before.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
The sudden confirmation of Toon Link back in September(was it August?) is starting to haunt me. There's a voice that's in my head saying that his confirmation is to make a trailer that confirms Vaati, as the two are both Toon characters. Though I like the idea, I seriously doubt it. Anyone have any thoughts?
Vaati as a newcommer would be pretty good (unless Sakurai makes him a chibi Ganondorf gameplay wise, that would end me). He's the only major villain besides Ganondorf that seem to be recurring, being the main antagonist in his own ,,series'' of sort (even though Ganon kinda took that away in the NGC game). Gameplay potential is deceant, and after fall of Ghirahim Im in for any Zelda character to make it in really.

Except Lana. I rather have a Link clone with a scarf than her. Nothing personal, just her design and the fact she is so new, as in we literally dont know if we will like that character or not, so shoving it down out throats like that over characters with more history with the series would make me butthurt like nothing before.
How the **** will Lana make it in for Smash? Not only is she too new, she's also half third party! She has a better chance getting in Warriors Orochi 4!

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
How the **** will Lana make it in for Smash? Not only is she too new, she's also half third party! She has a better chance getting in Warriors Orochi 4!
True, but who the heck can tell what Sakurai has in mind. Some people on this forum have been suggesting that possibility, and the more I think about the more I dont like it. Just throwing it out there.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
True, but who the heck can tell what Sakurai has in mind. Some people on this forum have been suggesting that possibility, and the more I think about the more I dont like it. Just throwing it out there.
Trophy? Certainly possible. Assist? Highly doubt it, but maaaaaaybe. A Fighter? Oh **** no. Sure Sakurai's the guy that made Falcondorf, but there were understandable reasons back then(There are no excuses for his treatment in Brawl though, but he's a gamer, just like us.The man plays 100 games per year. Hell, the reason why he chose Robin over Chrom as a Fire Emblem rep pretty much shows that he is. And thus, I highly doubt him putting in a character that
1) Only appeared in one spinoff game that won't be getting a sequel any time soon due to updates
2) Axe off fan favorites like Majora,Midna,Ghirahim, and of course Vaati, and put in a character that we still don't know if we're going to like or not.
This isn't any Roy. I think a big reason why FE fans in Japan accepted Roy as a FE rep was because people were only expecting one rep, if there was one. The series was on hiatus then, they were lucky if there was any representation.And at least Roy was the main character of a game in the main series.
This is Zelda we're talking here. A series that a lot of people know, loved worldwide(not saying that Fire Emblem isn't popular) and could be considered one of Nintendo's best franchises. If there is a sixth rep(which I have high hopes for) Sakurai will put in a character that can at least be considered, a fan favorite. (He didn't put in Tingle as playable, even though he has two very original games)
The only way for Lana to be a fighter in Smash is for HW to sale like hotcakes & have a sequel fresh somewhere around the next Smash Bros. I certainly won't expect her in this Smash. I think Sakurai didn't even consider her.
(That being said, I could totally accept here as an Assist. She does have some nice moves in HW)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Thanks! I'm glad I can finally discuss Vaati in an actual thread.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get at least ONE newcomer. If you think about it, Zelda never got a new rep in Brawl. Toon Link's pretty much Young Link in different attire, and Sakurai considered Sheik to be her own character in the roster back from Melee.
So if we don't have another rep this time, it means Zelda will be keeping the same roster for over 13 to 19 years!
It's not as if we don't have avaliable characters ready to go either, in fact we have a full arsenal filled with characters full of personality, or that's what I think. So there is no reason for Sakurai keeping a hold on Zelda reps, especially since Mario got a completely new (with a fully original moveset) fifth, and possibly a sixth.
Plus we got that Trophy Quiz behind us too. It's just a matter of whether it will be Impa for a SS rep, or Vaati for a Toon rep.
(Unless, that is, if Sakurai renewed Ganondorf's movesets and considered it to be something of a new character, which I think unlikely.)
By the way, did we get a Toon Zelda stage for the WiiU yet? I don't remember Sakurai putting one up.
Well, Mario is not fully represented. It has it's main cast, but it definitely is not fully represented by those four. It could easily be argued that Zelda is represented with five characters- though I will certainly say that six characters is not merited.
It simply only took Melee to get the full cast, with minor tweaks up until now to get it.

It took until Brawl to get the full Kirby cast, and it is precarious to disturb that bonus with just some random newcomer. Hence why I believe, if that leak were true, the costume characters were at the bottom- because they are not true representatives of the series, and aesthetically it is strange to see them in the same row.

-------

Honestly, I think the most likely newcomer may, in fact, be Pig/Classic/Toon Ganon. Triforce all around. There is certainly something to having not had him revealed yet.
Of course, if I had my way; Sheik would be out, Impa in, and Vaati would as well.
Toon Link out as well, Skull Kid, or even Epona, instead.

---------------
Toon Link is getting a lot of Love in this game, he is even the Link on the Japanese preorder slip. I really hate that little demon, but how much joy it would give me to make him .... worthwhile, by adding him for a reason with Vaati. We have actually never seen official game/promotional footage, nor images, of Link and Toon Link together. How great would it be to have a reveal of Link fighting Ganondorf, then Toon Link is shown to come in fighting Vaati; before they ultimately do a switcheroo?

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked him and I think he would fit very well in Smash too, so please add me as a supporter!

That said, truth is I don't have a lot of faith in seeing him as a playable character unfortunately... But I do at least hope that he appears as an AT or as a boss.

Impa would be too much like Sheik and Ganon would be just awkward if there's still Ganondorf, so Vaati is the best choice for a Zelda newcomer! Also, Ghirahim and Skull Kid ATs, and I see Zant more as an AT too.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
As much as I want Ganon playable, he would only further hurt Impa and Vaati's chances for inclusion. Its between these two that I would feel that the Zelda series had finally reached its full potential. Ganondorf & Toon Link deserve a slot if they had their own moves, otherwise I would gladly axe them. I did want Skull Kid to be playable but I'll admit he's very much a long shot since he's only a one time character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ Add me in the supporters list, bro.

All this time I've been wanted all these Impas, and these Tetras.
How did I not realize how great Vaati is?

Not only recurring, but a VILLAIN, uses mostly wind magic, wears LAVENDER (a fantastic colour) and can shape-shift?
Seriously, I feel sick for neglecting this here thread.

Autumn ♫

@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ Add me in the supporters list, bro.

All this time I've been wanted all these Impas, and these Tetras.
How did I not realize how great Vaati is?

Not only recurring, but a VILLAIN, uses mostly wind magic, wears LAVENDER (a fantastic colour) and can shape-shift?
Seriously, I feel sick for neglecting this here thread.
Add me to the supporter's list please
I surrport him to be in the game rather playable or assist
Added all 3 of you. It also seems that we have 47 supporters and 10 pages, which is a long ways from when I first adopted this thread. Looking back on all the speculation, we Vaati supporters have gone a long ways in the past year. Now let's make some more history and get 3 more supporters so then we can hit the 50 supporter mark! :grin:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Given leaks I now hope dearly for trophy inclusion, DLC inclusion, or a decent Brawl PSA.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Apart from Tingle (who would have probably represented his own series anyway. Plus it's confirmed he is an assist trophy), Vaati is my favorite rep for Zelda. Not only is he a villain (which the Super Smash Bros roster needs more of), but he also is a character from cell-shaded Zelda that isn't just the toon equivalent of another character (not sure if I worded that right, but basically it's not just Toon Zelda and Zelda appearing in the roster).

I'll be honest I never finished Minish Cap (but enjoyed it), nor did I play much of Four Swords, but to me Vaati seems more of an interesting character than Impa, although unfortunately I see Impa getting the spot. As I have a theory that Sakurai is trying to increase the number of female characters in Super Smash Bros, to widen the demographics that play Smash (in other words, get more females into Super Smash Bros). Either that or he just wants more female characters.

Regardless I think if Mario and Fire Emblem are getting two newcomers, I think Zelda deserves two (my two picks being Vaati and Tingle. But it's looking more like Impa and Vaati/Toon Zelda), as Zelda, to me, is the second or third most iconic Nintendo franchise, with Mario and Pokemon taking first and second (and probably more iconic than Fire Emblem). Despite this I think we will only see one newcomer from Zelda.

Vaati's popularity has largely died down since the Brawl day. :urg:

This thread hasn't moved even a page yet. :(
That and Masked Man. I will always remember how popular they were, but now both seem to have kind of been forgotten.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's funny, I am having a complete 180 right now.

I was trying to think of some out-of the-blue newcomer reveals that would legitimately hype me, and I started to think of how Vaati's moveset would work.

And, wow, it really works!
He would look great with the airbrush shading Toon Link got.

My idea for a moveset has him transforming from human to monster form for specific attacks and using elements from his boss battles, and perhaps the Four Sword.

Autumn ♫

It's funny, I am having a complete 180 right now.

I was trying to think of some out-of the-blue newcomer reveals that would legitimately hype me, and I started to think of how Vaati's moveset would work.

And, wow, it really works!
He would look great with the airbrush shading Toon Link got.

My idea for a moveset has him transforming from human to monster form for specific attacks and using elements from his boss battles, and perhaps the Four Sword.
You're finally starting to see things through my eyes. Congrats! But I always thought that his monster form would work better as a final Smash than anything else.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Anyone else a little annoyed that there's no Vaati in Hyrule warriors?

Let's hope that game gets a sequel with a Vaati for the ages.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Anyone else a little annoyed that there's no Vaati in Hyrule warriors?
Let's hope that game gets a sequel with a Vaati for the ages.
Like what Scatman said, the lack of Vaati (and others) doesn't bother me, it's the fact that the three games they pulled from had so little pulled from it.

Here's hoping Saria, Nabooru, Ashei, maybe Shad, Skull Kid, are all DLC.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Such a shame that a great villain had to be in a bad zelda game

Peregrine777

Smash Rookie
I support Vaati! I'm not buying that whole trophy thing but he still is the only villain (except for falcondorf) in the legend of zelda series. His games where also good (if you had the equipment *coughFSAcough*) He has all the components to be a good character.

ShutUpNavi

Smash Rookie
Added all 3 of you. It also seems that we have 47 supporters and 10 pages, which is a long ways from when I first adopted this thread. Looking back on all the speculation, we Vaati supporters have gone a long ways in the past year. Now let's make some more history and get 3 more supporters so then we can hit the 50 supporter mark! :grin:
I'd like to be added as a supporter then please. Out of all the new potential Zelda representatives for this game Vaati seems like the most interesting. While I personally don't think Vaati's (or any other Zelda newcomer) is going to make it into the game I still would want him too. He's a well developed villain with a great moveset potential. Plus characters I would have thought more unlikely than him have made it in before so who knows? Here's hoping for the best.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Such a shame that a great villain had to be in a bad zelda game
I couldn't disagree with you more.

Minish Cap - As good as Link between worlds was, if it took more of the sword moves and techniques from the sword scrolls and gameplay of this previous non-touchscreen based top down zelda, it would have been even better. Good dungeons and great items (which is the core of any zelda game). Ezlo was less annoying than Navi (though not as fun as midna) and the figure collection kept a really long post-game.
Four Swords/Four Swords Anniversary Edition - Much improved in the anniversary edition so it had added depth and length. It's a bit straightforward for a Zelda game but was the first time multiplayer zelda happened and honestly, it's really fun. If this ever gets re-released or remade again, hopefully for the wii u/3ds with net play.

Four Swords Adventures - Honestly playing this with four game boy advances (and four good friends, we had an alternate player for some sessions) connected to the gamecube, trying the unique dungeons and stages and the spritely brilliance in a lot of the boss designs as well as a much much more fluid gameplay than it's predecessor (though missing chain chomps) was one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life. I absolutely pray for the day club nintendo realizes what a system seller it can be if they put this on the wii-u for free using the 3DS system for game boy advances. Also the gamepad. Frankly I wish for a four swords adventures 2 more than anything.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I was a Ghirahim supporter, since I loved everything about the character, but now he's definitely out, so I started looking around at the remaining potential Zelda newcomers (that series has got to have at least one newcomer for god's sake), and it fell on Impa or Vaati. Impa seemed too close to Sheik, so I did research on Vaati.

Welp I'm a supporter now. He's unique, he's worthy, I love his design, and he would work similar to Zelda, my main, so I'm all for him. So yea, add me to the supporters list.

Funnily enough, I never realised until just now that he was the villain in Four Swords Anniversary which I played on 3DS...

Freduardo

Smash Champion
He's not quite out yet.

Check the pic of the day. The leak didn't show the full roster! All star mode confirms it.

Top Bottom