• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Elder Scrolls Thread

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Elder Scrolls Thread

First off, I know we have an Oblivion thread, but this thread's purpose is to cover the entire series, particularly Morrowind and Oblivion. Thank you.
DEVELOPER: Bethesda Softworks

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls is a series of fantasy adventure/RPG games based in the fictional world of Tamriel. In the games, you are able to create your own character from an assortment of nine distinct races, choose or create your player class, and adjust your stats accordingly. From there, you embark on an infinitely long journey in the lands available to travel to in the respective title, following the main story, joining many factions, setting off on countless quests, or really, doing whatever you want. The games are known for their expansive, sandbox free-for-all type play, allowing the player to craft their own adventure with all of the resources available.

CORE GAMES
The Elder Scrolls: Arena
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V*
* = in development, but no info released yet​

TES: ARENA
Jagar Tharn, imperial battlemage to the Uriel Septim, Emperor of Tamriel, betrays Uriel by using an artifact called the Staff of Chaos to imprison Uriel in an alternate dimension. Tharn then assumes the Emperor's identity and place on the throne.

You and one of Uriel's associates, Ria Silmane, discover Tharn's treachery, and threaten to expose him. Tharn kills Ria and imprisons you in the Imperial dungeons. Ria's ghost helps you escape and teleports you to your home province. Meanwhile, in an effort to ensure the Emperor never returns, Tharn breaks the Staff of Chaos into eight pieces and hides them throughout the eight provinces of Tamriel... [more]

TESII: DAGGERFALL
You're sent to Daggerfall at the request of the Emperor, who is concerned about events there. You are given two quests: to liberate the tormented soul of King Lysandus haunting Daggerfall, and to find a letter from the Emperor to his queen. The Emperor says the contents of the letter are unimportant, but, in fact, the missing letter was to have been delivered to Lady Brisienna Magnessen, the noble sister of a Great Knight of the Blades in disguise at the court of Daggerfall, posing as one of the witches of Popudax... [more]

TESIII: MORROWIND
The Emperor sends you to Morrowind to fulfill an ancient prophecy and become the reincarnation of a long-dead hero. The prophecies are incomplete and obscure, so to succeed, you must first find the missing clues. The prophecies also say to beware of a mysterious Morrowind cult called the Sixth House that worships Dagoth Ur, the immortal nemesis of Dunmer religion and an ancient enemy of Nerevar. You are therefore ordered to prepare yourself to face the threat of the Sixth House and Dagoth Ur.

The Emperor places you under the orders of the head of Imperial Intelligence in Vvardenfell, Caius Cosades, the Spymaster. Following the Emperor's orders, the Spymaster sends you to investigate the background and activities of the Cult of the Nerevarine and the Sixth House... [more]

TESIV: OBLIVION
No story provided - [click for overview]

TES CONSTRUCTION SET - MODS

I used to mod both Morrowind and Oblivion two, three years ago, but dropped the hobby. However, I now have the urge to start modding Morrowind once again (spent too much time modding Oblivion, which I feel, despite being more refined than Morrowind, is still inferior). Anyone interested?

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that the fifth game brings the best of both. Morrowind was sooooo immerse, it's probably the first time I went "wow" over a game. While Oblivion brought some nice improvements (like the spell system) to the franchise, it was just so bland in comparison.

Is there any info on TESV?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really hope that the fifth game brings the best of both. Morrowind was sooooo immerse, it's probably the first time I went "wow" over a game. While Oblivion brought some nice improvements (like the spell system) to the franchise, it was just so bland in comparison.

Is there any info on TESV?
Completely agree. Morrowind was based around lore, and for the time, had an incredible customization and combat system. Oblivion improved on the combat system, but that was about it. The entire world of Cyrodiil was overly repetitive, with forests, forests, rolling hills, a cave here and there, and that's it. It was far too redundant to be enjoyable to explore. Plus, by the time you reached level 20, everyone had glass armor, which just didn't make sense. It's sad, because I spent at least three times as much modding Oblivion rather than playing it, because the game was so bad, it had to be modded to be playable. Morrowind mods simply added more content because the game was so lovable.

No news on ESV other than Bethesda has been in the works for a while (I think they started development during the production of Fallout III). I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
There is to be no discussion of TESV, or I will close the topic.

Top Bottom