• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah 4 Smash DLC !! Sakurai let us #DownloadTheDawn !!

Troykv

Smash Master
Drawing anything anime on Miiverse is hard in general and I wouldn't lie about how much I struggled with Palutena pre-Smash due to how detailed her outfit is.

It was worth a try with the Micaiah drawings and they don't look too bad. Been keeping watch of the many posts on the blog and made sure to share them every time.
On the blog you say?

And thanks :3

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Finally is done this counter argument post... Please take a look

Is Micaiah really a Mary Sue?

Micaiah, the controversial main character from Radiant Dawn was and is accused of being a Mary Sue for whatever reason. We're here to show you that actually she ISN'T a Mary Sue and why.

First we need to understand the basic elements that make up a Mary Sue, these are five elements:

1.- They are a selfinsertion, usually an idealised vision of th author.

We can't really answer this honestly, we would have to interview the storyboard writer to get that detail and even then, I don't think this is the case so we can discard this point.

2.- Are overpowered in everything, they know everything, they can do everything.

Micaiah has some abilities because her Laguz heritage, Sacrifice: She can heal allies but she has to give her own life force, she can't abuse this ability, it has a price she has to pay, it's not something she can do whenever she wants, it has a cost.

Galrds: As an apostol she can sing the galrd of release to free Yune from the Lehran Medallion, she also serves as an avatar for the Goddess.

All of these abilities are her role in the story and it doesn't really give her an edge or an advantage over the other characters

She also has foresight abilities, but they aren't exactly precise and are threated in a vague way, so the advantage she gains over enemies with this ability is really not that spectacular or cool.

3.- All characters adore her regardless of what she does

Everyone? At the begining it makes sense for her to be adorered, she became a symbol of hope in Daein, a thing that escalated once she was put in charge of Pellea's group, a comander of noble heart and one that risks her life in the heat of battle, that is a quality to be admired and something that many Lords in the franchise have.

Now on the subject of the Beorc and Laguz war...
Even thought no one deserted from the army and remained by choice, there is always people questioning Micaiah's decisions, with the exception of generic soldiers which don't really hold much plot relevance and already hate the Laguz Alliance to begin with.

Micaiah goes from being a savior to a figure to characters the game threats it as such, the game does not sugarcoat her actions.
In the end all was explained with the Blood Pact which does put them into a thight spot, but in no way the game portray or excuses Micaiah's actions as a story with a Mary Sue would, you are free to decide wheter her actions are good or bad or if she did the right thing by going with it instead of looking for a plan C, there is no definitive answer in that regard.

4.- Ultra Tragic Past, the more tragic the better.

Micaiah is a branded like Soren, but unlike him, Micaiah experienced more loneliness than rejection like Soroen did.
Making her life a bitter and miserable, but not as tragic as other branded characters had it.

5.- The story is molded to the Mary Sue's advantage, without care for the consistence.

To Micaiah's advantage? The only thing than we see "convenient" to her is Yune's revelation, that managed to unify the 3 groups, but that was neccesary, and it was beneficial for everyone, not just Micaiah.

And that's it, there aren't other elements in the story that can be seen as "especially convinient for Micaiah".

Twitter Link: https://www.twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash/status/622944727831343104

Direct Link: http://t.co/wa00akbDBa
_________

Any opinion? :3

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Oh god I haven't heard the term Mary Sue used since playing Guild Wars 2.

And to be honest, Samus is one of the most incredibly powerful sci fi warriors to ever exist.

She blows absolute chunks in this game.

Unless she takes off her power suit and dons some gigantic rocket high-heels.

Either way even if Micaiah was a Mary Sue in her game that doesn't necessarily mean it will translate to being some OP in Smash.

Troykv

Smash Master
  1. Oh god I haven't heard the term Mary Sue used since playing Guild Wars 2.
And to be honest, Samus is one of the most incredibly powerful sci fi warriors to ever exist.

She blows absolute chunks in this game.

Unless she takes off her power suit and dons some gigantic rocket high-heels.

Either way even if Micaiah was a Mary Sue in her game that doesn't necessarily mean it will translate to being some OP in Smash.
Exactly in Fact xD

Well guys. The last picture for the moveset is here:

Original Link: https://www.twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash/status/623305332979183616

Also the Twitter did a little suggestions poll and a question about the Micaiah's potential... If you are interested.

Troykv

Smash Master
Micaiah with a pallete swap based on the color scheme of Edward as a Trueblade please.
Roy has colors based in characters really related with him. If Micaiah is DLC, the Dawn Brigade Members (specially Sothe) has a great chance to be her colors.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Roy has colors based in characters really related with him. If Micaiah is DLC, the Dawn Brigade Members (specially Sothe) has a great chance to be her colors.
Good then. Another female character is always welcome considering the lack of them in Sm4sh.

Troykv

Smash Master
Good then. Another female character is always welcome considering the lack of them in Sm4sh.
Almost everyone agree with put more females in the game, but is good see more people supporting this idea.

Also I'm happy to see you here Ark :happysheep:

Micaiah4Smash!

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Almost everyone agree withwith put more females in the game, bu is good see more people supporting this idea.

Also I'm happy to see you here Ark :happysheep:
No sweat. I thought another character from one of the Fire Emblem games I enjoy the most would be a great idea. Besides I think of it like this: Micaiah: Powerful magic all around, Daisy: Heavy physical hitter.

Troykv

Smash Master
No sweat. I thought another character from one of the Fire Emblem games I enjoy the most would be a great idea. Besides I think of it like this: Micaiah: Powerful magic all around, Daisy: Heavy physical hitter.
I usually see Micaiah as a Defensive Glass Cannon (her offensive moves are really powerful) with strategic tools to gain advantage.

Oh, and Daisy... I wonder what exactly is the best style to her.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I usually see Micaiah as a Defensive Glass Cannon (her offensive moves a really powerful) with strategic tools to gain advantage.

Oh, and Daisy... I wonder what exactly is the best style to her.
Since she is a tomboy, it would be a downright in your face style.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well yeah, Daisy is a most physical and athetical looking character than Peach, her Style must be most aggresive.
If the Olympics are a source to go by then yeah(Play Rhythmic Ribbon with Daisy in London 2012 and you'll see what I mean XD). Back on topic, what would Micaiah's Final Smash be? Corona?

Troykv

Smash Master
If the Olympics are a source to go by then yeah(Play Rhythmic Ribbon with Daisy in London 2012 and you'll see what I mean XD). Back on topic, what would Micaiah's Final Smash be? Corona?
(Ok xD)

And I see something like this:

Micaiah active Corona and use the Rexaura Magic. A great Light magic sphere appears above her and throw down, everyone that touch it, gets trapped inside. Explode when the sphere hit the floor/blastzone.

Could be a good reference that she has red eyes when do this.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would love to see Micaiah (prefer her over Lucina and Roy being in Smash) but I don't see another Fire Emblem character to make it.

Troykv

Smash Master
I would love to see Micaiah (prefer her over Lucina and Roy being in Smash) but I don't see another Fire Emblem character to make it.
Welcome volbound to the Dawn Brigade! Is always good to see more support :3

And about those two... Well... They have luck xD (Roy a popular, and a -former- last minute clone, and Lucina a loved in the fanbase also a last minute clone).

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Micaiah, the controversial main character from Radiant Dawn was and is accused of being a Mary Sue for whatever reason. We're here to show you that actually she ISN'T a Mary Sue and why.

First we need to understand the basic elements that make up a Mary Sue, these are five elements:

We can't really answer this honestly, we would have to interview the storyboard writer to get that detail and even then, I don't think this is the case so we can discard this point.

2.- Are overpowered in everything, they know everything, they can do everything.

Micaiah has some abilities because her Laguz heritage, Sacrifice: She can heal allies but she has to give her own life force, she can't abuse this ability, it has a price she has to pay, it's not something she can do whenever she wants, it has a cost.

Galrds: As an apostol she can sing the galrd of release to free Yune from the Lehran Medallion, she also serves as an avatar for the Goddess.

All of these abilities are her role in the story and it doesn't really give her an edge or an advantage over the other characters

She also has foresight abilities, but they aren't exactly precise and are threated in a vague way, so the advantage she gains over enemies with this ability is really not that spectacular or cool.

Everyone? At the begining it makes sense for her to be adorered, she became a symbol of hope in Daein, a thing that escalated once she was put in charge of Pellea's group, a comander of noble heart and one that risks her life in the heat of battle, that is a quality to be admired and something that many Lords in the franchise have.

Even thought no one deserted from the army and remained by choice, there is always people questioning Micaiah's decisions, with the exception of generic soldiers which don't really hold much plot relevance and already hate the Laguz Alliance to begin with.

Micaiah goes from being a savior to a figure to characters the game threats it as such, the game does not sugarcoat her actions.
In the end all was explained with the Blood Pact which does put them into a thight spot, but in no way the game portray or excuses Micaiah's actions as a story with a Mary Sue would, you are free to decide wheter her actions are good or bad or if she did the right thing by going with it instead of looking for a plan C, there is no definitive answer in that regard.

Micaiah is a branded like Soren, but unlike him, Micaiah experienced more loneliness than rejection like Soroen did.
Making her life a bitter and miserable, but not as tragic as other branded characters had it.

5.- The story is molded to the Mary Sue's advantage, without care for the consistence.

To Micaiah's advantage? The only thing than we see "convenient" to her is Yune's revelation, that managed to unify the 3 groups, but that was neccesary, and it was beneficial for everyone, not just Micaiah.

And that's it, there aren't other elements in the story that can be seen as "especially convinient for Micaiah".

_________

When I get a chance, I'll place this in the OP

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
No, I'm the one that give an incomplete answer, sorry.

I don't remember see any pic with possibles colors.

And... Someone use photoshop here? We could try to do something.
The first one would obviously be based on Sothe, the rest would either be based on the other members of the Dawn Brigade or use a concept similar to Lucina and reference other female characters in the game.

Troykv

Smash Master
The first one would obviously be based on Sothe, the rest would either be based on the other members of the Dawn Brigade or use a concept similar to Lucina and reference other female characters in the game.
Hmm... The only characters that I think as her colors are the Dawn Brigade's Members and Sanaki

I want to see any suggestion that you have :3

:happysheep:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hmm... The only characters that I think as her colors are the Dawn Brigade's Members and Sanaki

I want to see any suggestion that you have :3

:happysheep:
Try asking someone who is also a Micaiah fan and knows how to use Photoshop and see if they can make recolors for her.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I like Eddy too, but I think that my favorite is Mia.
Ok cool, so from what I gather: Mia: More availably and slight edge on Defense, Edward: Insane growth rates all around except Res and Mag, I like them both, am I the only one who thinks that they would make a cool couple?

Troykv

Smash Master
Ok cool, so from what I gather: Mia: More availably and slight edge on Defense, Edward: Insane growth rates all around except Res and Mag, I like them both, am I the only one who thinks that they would make a cool couple?
Would be a duo that always compete xD

And guys, we get a new thing with the Update. A Black Knight Outfit.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Would be a duo that always compete xD

And guys, we get a new thing with the Update. A Black Knight Outfit.
Yep, and that way she'd always have someone to always sparr with,without restraining herself. "I have been waiting for this a long time, I would prefer for you to use a weapon that suits that beautiful strength", let's do this!

Troykv

Smash Master
Yep, and that way she'd always have someone to always sparr with,without restraining herself. "I have been waiting for this a long time, I would prefer for you to use a weapon that suits that beautiful strength", let's do this!
Yeah xD

Also... And little suggestion... Do you think that we need update the thread's name? I think that something left...

We could change the second part and put " The Light Magician Micaiah for Smash DLC"

Or what do you suggest?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yeah xD

Also... And little suggestion... Do you think that we need update the thread's name? I think that something left...

We could change the second part and put " The Light Magician Micaiah for Smash DLC"

Or what do you suggest?
I was thinking something like "The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah 4 Smash DLC."

Troykv

Smash Master
OP updated.
Yay! Oh this TLMC... Do you want to put also the moveset that I did?:

Neutral B: Light/Shine/Purge: Micaiah shot a light magic's attack, is not particulary fast and has a short range, it can be charged and the explosion will be bigger.

Side B: Torch/Berseker/Sleep Staff: Micaiah attacks with one of these three Staves, the move have low hitbox, but it has a special effect, Berserk inverses controls, Torch sets oponents on fire and sleep puts them to sleep.

Up B: Rewarp: It's simple: Micaiah use a Staff to warps herself in any direction.

Down B: Thani: Summons a light pillar from above that explodes infront of her, distance can be changed depending on how long B is pressed.

Final Smash: Rexaura: Micaiah summons a big light magic sphere from the Sky in a diagonal trayectory, if oponents are hit by the sphere they will be pulled inside and when the sphere hits the floor exploding they will be sent flying away.

-----------

And guys... I just I don't have anything to support (and also I want to give her more attention).. So... Today is Micaiah's Prediction in the Rate the Chance... Again.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...ay-109-lana-and-tag-team-mode.398604/page-219

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305

_________

So there was a argument about Mary Sues and no one told me?

Even if she was a Sue she wouldn't be as bad as this:

Heheh, I'm quite an expert on Sues and Stus....

Troykv

Smash Master
So there was a argument about Mary Sues and no one told me?

Even if she was a Sue she wouldn't be as bad as this:

Heheh, I'm quite an expert on Sues and Stus....
Oh! Thanks for the commentary Elin!

PD: That girl looks very... eh... I don't sure about the correct word xD

____

Also guys, now is Micaiah's Day in the Rate the Chance, you can rate her and Samurai Goroh (shared day with him) if you want.

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...roh-and-micaiah.398604/page-219#post-19810628

Top Bottom