• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Charizard Social: Merry Switchmas!

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I welcome everyone to this little organization. Let the Charizard love commence.:4charizard:

Last edited:

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Charizard: The Flames of Courage!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
If Ridley doesn't make it I will be happy to main Charizard. I love big heavy and seemingly slow characters. DK and Bowser fit my style so well I can only imagine having Charizard alone now will too.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well, Charizard is in my top 7 favorites for the Pokemon series (Lucario also being in the top 7 favs), and Charizard is already in my top 5 for brawl (need to play at least a few hundred more hours before I can decide). He'll probably be one of those really likely characters to be my main again in the new smash.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I can't wait to use Zard in smash4. I couldn't really use him competitively in brawl cuz of Pokemon Trainer's restrictive mechanics I enjoyed using him still. Project M Zard is amazing though and I can't wait to see what Smash4 has in store.

Oatmeal.

I really loved Project M Charizard. He was my secondary next to Roy. His new moveset looks absolutely fantastic, but I'll miss his Project M one.

Not a doubt in my mind I'll love the new one.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I'd love to join the zard fanclub, only if Mewtwo isn't in. xD I love ze Mew2.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
PT shall live on through him!

He better keep that meteor smash. :p

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I hope his up throw is some offscreen **** like Kirby or Metaknight.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I hope his up throw is some offscreen **** like Kirby or Metaknight.
I'd settle for that as I could still call it Seismic Toss, but I would prefer he did a loop on screen like he does in Project M.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
PT was one of my mains in Brawl but I consistently tried to use Charizard as much as possible. Then when Project M hit I used the **** out of Charizard. I'm pumped he's his own character, he's the only heavy I've ever really truly enjoyed and I can't wait to try him out in SSB4.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

PT was one of my mains in Brawl but I consistently tried to use Charizard as much as possible. Then when Project M hit I used the **** out of Charizard. I'm pumped he's his own character, he's the only heavy I've ever really truly enjoyed and I can't to try him out in SSB4.
In Brawl I used to do the same thing, until I learned about fatigue. Charizard is an incredibly valuable secondary for me in Project M, just below Roy and tied with Yoshi. As of now, my plans are to be a full on Charizard main in SSB4 with Yoshi as a second. Zard has always produced the most hype for me.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
In Brawl I used to do the same thing, until I learned about fatigue. Charizard is an incredibly valuable secondary for me in Project M, just below Roy and tied with Yoshi. As of now, my plans are to be a full on Charizard main in SSB4 with Yoshi as a second. Zard has always produced the most hype for me.
He's my planned 3rd behind Sonic (who will receive the utmost emphasis) and Diddy. Long live Charizard!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
The Flame Pokemon is looking to tear through his competition. I would like to say that the Mario vs. Charizard is now officially canon thanks to that awesome reveal of Charizard being on his own. :006:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I rarely used Charizard in Brawl because he was part of Pokemon Trainer. But when I downloaded Project M in December of last year, I really liked using him in that game, even though he didn't have a final smash.

So I'm pleased to consider myself a future Charizard mainer. He and Little Mac are going to make the 3DS game fun for me.

Shog

Smash Ace
I want to main Samus and Pikachu, (yeah I played the first SSB a lot so...OG ftw?)
but Charizard, Greninja and Ridley look promising. I can't wait for the Wii U version!

ReggieConfirmed

Smash Rookie
Project M made me yearn for Solozard. So glad he gets his own spot now. I'll be using the hell out of him. Shame he didn't ditch rock smash though.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Obviously I won't know for sure until the games come out but I am ridiculously excited to try Solozard. Pretty sure I'll try maining him since I've gotten comfortable using him in PM recently.

Oatmeal.

Whelp.....looks like Charizard isn't at the Invitational. Likely he won't even be in Best Buy. Shame.....I really hope they surprise me.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Whelp.....looks like Charizard isn't at the Invitational. Likely he won't even be in Best Buy. Shame.....I really hope they surprise me.
That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to trying him out at the Best Buy demo, but oh well. At least Little Mac is playable.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Don't know why I haven't been here yet

1) Charizard is the best pokemon, hands down

2) I actually rooted for Charizard pre brawl, made the original Charizard for brawl thread, haha(and people told me he had no chance xD), so I'm excited for this. When they announced the lack of transformation characters, I thought he'd be cut altogether with PT, I was heartbroken for about 20 minutes. I was about 10x more hyped at his announce then Greninjas (and no insult to big G there, he is cool. Just... Chari...)

3) I kinda dislike how PM Charizard plays, but I'm so freaken' happy that he's solo in smash 4, and I can't wait to play as him. My only disappointment is his lack of playability in the demo/tourny next week

Hope to discuss Charizard more with you guys when the game comes out ^.^

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I mained PT and Lucario in Brawl. With PT I mostly used Squirtle and Charizard, I kinda suck with Ivysaur. For SSB4 so far I'm planning on maining Charizard and Lucario ( unless we do get Mewtwo, in which case I'd have 3 mains I guess).

I'm pretty excited Charizard is by himself now. I'm hoping they give him a bit more bulk this time around. Just don't make him drop like a rock, he has wings after all.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Charizard is by far my favorite Pokemon, to the point where I bought a premium membership just so that I can change my name to "Lizardon". The English name was already taken by an inactive user, so I have to stick with what I have.

Hong

The Strongest

Cutiezard. Everyone knows you're a big softy.

OT: Definitely hoping to have a pocket zard for this one. I always like to practice heavyweight characters since hardly anyone in the competitive scene knows how to handle them. :)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
@ Phaazoid Phaazoid That is SICK.

Everyone seems to love Charizard. One of my housemates hasn't really cared about Smash Bros in almost ten years, but after watching Pokemon Origins as well as seeing Charizard's appearance in Greninja's trailer, he is all hyped up to play this game just to get some of dat :4charizard::4charizard::4charizard::4charizard:.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Charizards just been one of my favorite things for a loooong time.

My Nintendo game ever was Red version, I still have my copy.

There are a lot of good pokemon, but none top him. At least one of my fav characters is in smash xD

D

Deleted Member

He has been through a few hardships, but Charizard has not only reach to the top of the OU tier after 18 years, he also has finally become his own character after 15 years of being a ball mon, and only 1/3 of a character previously!

I'm looking forward to Flare Blitzing large groups of players, as well as ripping the battlefield a new one with MCX. I'm also going to get his amiibo figure, which I bet will have compatibility with Pokemon games too!:4charizard:

Hong

The Strongest
He has been through a few hardships, but Charizard has not only reach to the top of the OU tier after 18 years, he also has finally become his own character after 15 years of being a ball mon, and only 1/3 of a character previously!
Having been around since the first Smash Bros, Charizard is immortalized as the first summon (Pokeball, Assist Trophy) to make the leap to playable character. :) Comparatively, others were only trophies or stage elements first.

:4charizard::4charizard::4charizard::4charizard::4charizard::4charizard::4charizard:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Charizards just been one of my favorite things for a loooong time.

My Nintendo game ever was Red version, I still have my copy.

There are a lot of good pokemon, but none top him. At least one of my fav characters is in smash xD
Pokemon Red was my first ever RPG. <3

When I played it for the first time, I ended up naming both my trainer and my starter Pokemon (which was Charmander, obviously) with my name in real life. Needless to say, it was confusing to me back then.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Pokemon Red was my first ever RPG. <3

When I played it for the first time, I ended up naming both my trainer and my starter Pokemon (which was Charmander, obviously) with my name in real life. Needless to say, it was confusing to me back then.
heh. the first time I played it, I went past the first gym, all the way to the path to the elite four, where they check each of your badges, one at a time, to let you through.

not quite being able to read, I thought it was saying I needed a bulbasaur to get through, not a boulder badge. So I restarted my game, chose bulbasaur, and went back. When it didn't work, I just restarted again because screw that I wanted charmander xD

Oatmeal.

heh. the first time I played it, I went past the first gym, all the way to the path to the elite four, where they check each of your badges, one at a time, to let you through.

not quite being able to read, I thought it was saying I needed a bulbasaur to get through, not a boulder badge. So I restarted my game, chose bulbasaur, and went back. When it didn't work, I just restarted again because screw that I wanted charmander xD
Heh heh heh.....heh....

Honestly, I always chose Squirtle. But smash gave me newfound Charizard love, so now I only choose Charmander.

Plus Squirtle is an annoying little nugget in Project M.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Heh heh heh.....heh....

Honestly, I always chose Squirtle. But smash gave me newfound Charizard love, so now I only choose Charmander.

Plus Squirtle is an annoying little nugget in Project M.
Yes, I won't miss Project M squirtle. Or Charizard for that matter, I didn't really like how he played. I'm ready for a new and improved Sm4sh Charizard

I will miss Ivysaur though. He was actually really fun to play, surprisingly.

Oatmeal.

Yes, I won't miss Project M squirtle. Or Charizard for that matter, I didn't really like how he played. I'm ready for a new and improved Sm4sh Charizard

I will miss Ivysaur though. He was actually really fun to play, surprisingly.
I'll miss Charizard's PM moves. The instant set-up jab.....the super jump.....the glide.......the heat wave side b........seismic toss.....

Flowers for Charizard.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'll miss Charizard's PM moves. The instant set-up jab.....the super jump.....the glide.......the heat wave side b........seismic toss.....

Flowers for Charizard.
Seismic toss is the one part I'll miss. I hated the glide and super jump, imo. I could never work them into my playstyle, it got really frustrating.

Oatmeal.

Seismic toss is the one part I'll miss. I hated the glide and super jump, imo. I could never work them into my playstyle, it got really frustrating.
I'm the same way with Mewtwo's hover thing. I never really worked it into regular play. It's so awkward. Charizard is completely natural to me, even with all his weird new moves. Which I came to love (and to main).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm the same way with Mewtwo's hover thing. I never really worked it into regular play. It's so awkward. Charizard is completely natural to me, even with all his weird new moves. Which I came to love (and to main).
See, as someone who played a lot of Peach, Mewtwo's hover made sense to me. I also played tons and tons of G&W. I tried using Charizard's boosts like G&W's up B to Down Air combo, but it never worked out how I wanted it to. idk. In Project M, My fav's are G&W, Dedede, Ivysaur, and Samus, haha. I tried to work Charizard in, but it just didn't work out. Sm4sh is a new lease on life for him .

Top Bottom