1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller or the Wii U - Gamecube adaptor (you can't find this in stores!)! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Bowser' started by Gimpyfish62, Apr 13, 2007.

1. the muted smasher

the muted smasher Smash Journeyman

Well its harder to grab bowser in teams because his huge size makes throwing him him to slow most the time and he's got that non sense shield game
  2. RetroGamersGuru

RetroGamersGuru Smash Apprentice

NNID:
    RetroGamersGuru
    True, true.
  3. J$

J$ Bowled and Brash

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    2105-8711-3141
    I always imagined that he would be too big for doubles. I feel like it would be way too easy to get in the way of both the enemy and your teammate.
  4. the muted smasher

the muted smasher Smash Journeyman

When I team with someone I always tell them don't worry about me just rush them down and I'll have peach players dash attack through my shield so I can cover their whiff or I'll have a fox shffl through my shield. Size just makes it easier to space sometimes.

And unless it's the ics who can really attack bowser's shield with a fox ddi ng behind him?
  5. EddyBearr

EddyBearr Smash Ace

I think Bowser is better in doubles than in singles. There's too much going on to shut him down, so Bowser is able to slap a few opponents and get more up-b's in.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  6. ChivalRuse

ChivalRuse Smash Hero

Retreating fair and f-tilt are the staple anti-approach options from what I've seen with DJ Nintendo. But d-smash has very high priority, deals good damage by itself, and can lead to combos and tech chases. If you have good reactions, is it worth trying to use d-smash regularly to beat out shuffled approaches like Fox/Falcon's nair?
  7. minesofmoria

minesofmoria Smash Rookie

I agree. Bowser tho
  8. RetroGamersGuru

RetroGamersGuru Smash Apprentice

NNID:
    RetroGamersGuru
    I don't think so. The hitbox doesn't come out until frame 14, so you would have to make a read to get most out of it. Stopping approaches as a form of punishing is still available, but it's not reaction-based.