• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beach House 5 - Michigan Melee

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
The Beach House 5 - A Melee Tournament
November 23rd, 2013
Howell, Michigan
A huge thanks to everyone that came out and made this a great tournament. This was the biggest yet with 29 entrants. It was awesome seeing so many new faces. Shout out's below.​
There's big plans for the next one and it will be sometime in late January/Early Feb.​
Melee Singles:
1: Yu​
2: Moose​
3: Tremor​
4: KJH​
5: JuggleGuy​
5: Blake​
7: Dre​
7: Toadster​
9: kd​
9: Montross​
9: Solo​
9: RyeJew​
13: GoatCat​
13: BBQ​
13: Dope​
13: Brayden​
17: MiracleFruit​
17: DoubleStop​
17: Artificial Flavor​
17: Crispin​
17: Heinz​
17: Hova​
17: 2shadez​
17: Deep C Squid​
25: Stif​
25: GoonSquad​
25: D++​
25: Saxophonetime​
25: Harts
Melee Doubles:
1: JuggleMoose (Rob/Mark)​
2: KJH/HIV (KJH/HIV)​
3: Montross/Dope (Montross/Dope)​
4: Rye/Richard (Rye/Richard)​
5: Washed (Julian/KD)​
5: B-Mom (Blake/Cody)​
7: HovaStop (Hova/DoubleStop)​
7: Toadster/Dre (Toadster/Dre)​

There will be a few changes next time to make it run even smoother. Some examples include:
- A co-to to help run and answer some questions. Volunteers?
- More setups. I'm going to expand a little bit and there will be room for more. At least four more than we had.
-Pop/Pizza/Food table
- Arrows leading to the bathroom lmaoo
- most importantly, people need to confirm their attendance on facebook, even if they find out three hours beforehand they are going. I go out and buy drinks and stuff for everyone and I buy according to the projected numbers.

Thanks again to everyone that came out!!!
Shoutouts
1: Yu - really nice meeting you man. I learned a lot from playing you the past couple weeks. Looking forward to when you come back so I can take on your falco again.​
2: Moose - Good sets Mark! You definitely rocked me in loser's, good stuff. It'd be fun if we got to train a couple times this winter.​
3. Tremor​
4: KJH - good set man. I'll get you in tournament next time just to give you some more fire for our rivalry.​
5: JuggleGuy - hahah damn you Rob. Can't wait till the next one. Thanks for the help.​
5: Blake - Did we get to play? Life of a TO I guess. Next time I suppose.​
7: Dre - thanks for comin out pr dre!​
7: Toadster - good seein you bra. Hopefully you move back. But you shouldn't haha.9: kd - thanks for commentating and coming out chad! Always good to have you around.​
9: Montross - good set and thanks for coming. You and dope did great in doubles lool it was awesome watching that​
9: Solo - good playing you Julian​
9: RyeJew - it was awesome seeing you play well and not get down on yourself. Keep it up. You definitely can take out some players​
13: GoatCat - Getting ready to break top 10 awww yeah goatcat king of the mountains​
13: BBQ - wish we would have got to play. Thanks for coming out! Let's definitely get some games in next time​
13: Dope - Looooooooooooooooool. Always fun chilling with you man. Get excitedddd​
13: Brayden - GG's in pools and thanks for comin out. Always a fun time playing you​
17: MiracleFruit - sorry we couldn't get more games in. I'm always down to play you though and train this new MSU talent. Glad you made it out!​
17: DoubleStop - Nice meeting you and the Windsor crew! I didn't realize Windsor was so close. It was awesome having you guys out. Hopefully I'll see you guys again and we can play​
17: Artificial Flavor - didn't get to play this time but glad you drove out the crew as always!​
17: Crispin - nice meeting you and thanks for driving out!​
17: Heinz - man we didn't get to play but you're the homie. Your set with Rye was mad hype.​
17: Hova - Thanks for coming out! Looking forward to seeing you guys and getting to play you​
17: 2shadez - keep getting better Alex. Good seeing you. You're gonna have to MM GoatCat soon. Maybe you need to take on a teammate and train to take on GoatCat/Fats in a MM too!?​
17: Deep C Squid - ha i asked you guys a few times where you were from. Glad you guys made the trek from Spring Lake!​
25: Stif - Thanks for making the trek! Hopefully we can get some time to play next time.​
25: GoonSquad - Thanks for coming out man!​
25: D++ - I don't think we got to play but I'll be out at one of the MSU smashfests soon so we should get some games in​
25: Saxophonetime - thanks for coming out and bringing a full setup including a recording setup. That headset was clutch it seems ahha.​
25: Harts - Thanks for comin with the Windsor crew man!​
Alexander - nice meeting you and thanks for stopping by!​

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I posted all my shoutouts on the Facebook event. It was fun meeting everyone!

I'll definitely help co-TO the next Beach House I can go to.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
1: Yu - Yo i didnt get to play you at the tourney but you looked way meaner than the friendlies we played at my place.
2: Moose - GGs in tourney. dont think weve played for like 2 years, but im hype atleast one of the top pr players came out. ill take all the falco exp i can get
3. tremor- we defnitely didnt play, and i saw some dude named zane commented on the FB page saying he had a good time...... WTF haha good tourney tho.
4: KJH - GGs in tourney i was hoping this was the time, but next time haha. our sets are always hype so atleast the crowd gets something lolol
5: JuggleGuy - didnt get to play you this time dude. next time i hope. im definitely making it out to the next sweet with kzoo
7: Dre -ggs in teams, havent played you guys since me and jimbo slice would lose to you guys.
7: Toadster - hype that you came out. dat dk in pools should have had me but i was geting lucky all over the place haha. GGs though.
9: Solo - good seeing you didnt get to play you though. heard you beat BBQ,,,, THE SALT. haha
9: RyeJew - ggs in tourney dude. you ripped the club up haha. i thought i had that puff but you had me sweating hard at the end. HYPE
13: BBQ - the most interesting man in the world. bringing chicks to smash tourneys since '10, haha ggs in teams, and also beating heinze and dope, gotta team more
13: Brayden - We drove together which was hype and the night before was fun. i thought you had ryejew but next time.
17: DoubleStop - ggs in tourney. that marth if i remember correctally, which i might not
17: Artificial Flavor - dude you gotta get off harder haha but that luigi is definitely makin strides in the right direction
17. miracle fruit - fun friendlies and good meeting you. Definitely the up and comming in the EL. so much salt with Gam ero haha
17: Heinz - most hype set of the tourney haha. so exciting to see the rematch. hopefully there is a round 3 soon....
17: Hova - GGS in pools. you defiitely turned it up game 2, and those friendles were fun.
17: 2shadez - gamero hype haha so much EL salt between you and dawie. cant wait to see a bracket match when you guys are a little bit better. will be so hype
awesome tourney and all the food and pop was sweet. seemed like we had plenty. MI always either brings too many setups or not enough and this time we were like 2 short, but definitely not enough that it matterd for the tourney haha.

kd-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

1: Yu - Beast! Glad I got to play you, hope your time in Michigan was great
2: Moose - My boy you're the best, don't ever let me come that close to beating you ever, for your sake and mine. You seemed real down mentally before and after we played, if that happens again I'm gonna have to throw #collusion
3: Tremor - Didn't play, we should play next time
4: KJH - nice pre-tournament friendlies, good to play you
5: JuggleGuy - my boy gg's, falcon's so dumb :[ maybe one day I'll be decent against him
5: Blake - Didn't play, we should play next time as well, salt from rightfully losing that set at the Gentleman's Open :p
7: Dre - Didn't play, imagine that: we play in bracket for like, 6 tournaments straight and then we never play again
7: Toadster - My commentary for your set against Blake is gonna be kinda bad, heads up :[
9: kd - ****ty commentary again
9: Montross - gg's in teams, dat old school vibe
9: Solo - you're the best and worst teammate ever, let's play sf
9: RyeJew - didn't play, grats on avenging yourself against GHeinz
13: GoatCat - gg's
13: Dope - Shoulda slept on that bed man
13: Brayden - Didn't play, we should next time too
17: MiracleFruit - gg's, glad I could help answer questions, hopefully it wasn't terrible advice
17: DoubleStop - gg's in teams
17: Artificial Flavor - gg's, love the attitude and love the skill, keep improving!
17: Heinz - didn't play, we should play next time
17: Hova - gg's in friendlies, peeeeeeeach D:
17: 2shadez - gg's in pools, sorry I couldn't play more friendlies with you. MF said you guys play often? You guys would make a good team
25: GoonSquad - gg's in friendlies, sorry I couldn't remember you. I've been trying to forget smash and not attend tournies
25: Saxophonetime - thanks for the headset, I guess people were excited for commentary and you saved the day

Shoutouts to my ****ty commentary again, one of these days I'm gonna have to sit in my room with the lights off and practice saying **** that I should actually be saying
Shoutouts to Moose for nearly losing to me and then climbing back to take second, srsly wtf how did you manage to nearly lose to me, the disappointment -_-
Shoutouts to People not entering, BloodyJoker and HIV-
Shoutouts to MI, where the louder you are, the worse you are at this game (aka BloodyJoker and I)
Shoutouts to post tourney dim sum, salty about not getting the right dumplings though
Shoutouts to Juggleguy sharing a dumpling, -1 on the GPR
Shoutouts to Not being able to play street fighter
Shoutouts to talking about 3s and car problems, I hope your car problems end with that. I don't remember your tag - I feeeeel like it's GoatCat and I do remember playing in tourney, but I don't actually know... at the risk of being stupid, I'll assume you are GoatCat

obligatory game sucks and playing it sucks

Top Bottom