• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
We gotta play sometime, it's been about a year since I've played Gen 6 competitively but I'm down to battle every once and a while.

while we're at it we should smash too, my Marth could definitely learn a thing or 5 from your Lucina.
Sure. Although, my Pokémon in X and Y are all built for Doubles format. As far as Smash let me know. I play both Marth and Lucina. Which reminds me, I gotta hit the lab right now. Rising aerials = bad in most situations. Gotta play a more grounded game.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Sure. Although, my Pokémon in X and Y are all built for Doubles format. As far as Smash let me know. I play both Marth and Lucina. Which reminds me, I gotta hit the lab right now. Rising aerials = bad in most situations. Gotta play a more grounded game.
Awh, I built my team around Smogon Singles (I know I'm a monster ;-; )

I'd totally hit the lab if my Wii U existed and my 3DS wasn't broken. how to advertise yourself for a team 101. If you find anything, hit me up. I'm awaiting a kill set up into dair spike ;)

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Awh, I built my team around Smogon Singles (I know I'm a monster ;-; ) I'm awaiting a kill set up into dair spike ;)
Don't worry about it. I'll figure something out in terms of using those Pokémon for singles. As far as a kill set up into d-air spike, I've been trying to figure one out but it relies mostly on airdodge reads on a recovering opponent or after a fair on edgeguard. It's very iffy though and I don't think it'll really work.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Unfortunately, I don't know of any 4v4 teams that have an open spot. Tomorrow is most likely gonna be a free play day after the 4v4 tourney ends so you can just show up and ask around and if not you still get to play tons.

:gova:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Unfortunately, I don't know of any 4v4 teams that have an open spot. Tomorrow is most likely gonna be a free play day after the 4v4 tourney ends so you can just show up and ask around and if not you still get to play tons.

What are you up to at the moment Gova? I could play some online matches.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Lots and lots of studying. All my tests are this week. :(
feel you hard, I studied too much last night, only so I won't have to study tonight cuz we tourney boys

yeah I found a team one of my friends had to drop out so we're good. thanks everyone. How do fees work for the 4v4 though?

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
4v4 tournament was so much fun! I hope we can do a side event for that again sometime. Good games everyone!
4v4 mixes it up a bit, lets other people get the spotlight.

I can't even count how many backslash kills I got, so worth.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I want a doubles event at Mothership where more people show up instead of the one on Saturday.

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
I want a doubles event at Mothership where more people show up instead of the one on Saturday.

Mothership is simply superior.

Just like how Smashboards is superior to Facebook, and EVERYTHING is superior to Pokemon Gen 1.

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
New PR is out! The post-ARFI rankings are here!

http://smash4.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/9-19-2015.txt

Current Top 20 (including mains for everyone I know; please correct me if I'm wrong on any, or if there are any co-mains I missed):
9/19/2015

1. SaSSy :4rob:
2. Haruki :4rob::4sheik:
3. SMS Platypus :4fox::4dedede:
4. Magik :4wario2:
5. SMS Savage :4sheik:
6. MikEffect :4ness:
7. TheRusBus :4marth:
8. DozingLeaf :4olimar:
9. Blue Ninjakoopa :4wiifitm::4rob::4mario:
10. Gova :4kirby:
11. Psyche :4robinf::4palutena:
12. AoS | Grandi :4luigi:
13. Emuser :4metaknight:
14. AoS | MassKirbycide :4megaman::4gaw:
15. Hakii :4samus:
16. Zay :4link:
17. Scrub :4ness::4villager:
18. Locuan :4mario::4marth:
19. Peru :4luigi::4wario::4littlemac:
20. SMS Yellocake :4yoshi:

Quite a bit changed since my last update to character frequency. Most importantly, we have a Samus in our ranks (and not of the Zero Suit variety)! Hakii finally came to enough tournaments to qualify for the PR, and finds himself squarely in the top 15. Additionally, Locuan and Yellocake return to the top 20, giving Mario, Marth, and Yoshi some love. Uho falling out also means ROB gains sole control of the character crown again!

Here's the character breakdown as it stands:
3x:4rob:
2x:4ness::4wario2::4luigi::4sheik::4marth::4mario:
1x:4fox::4dedede::4wiifitm::4olimar::4kirby::4megaman::4villager::4metaknight::4gaw::4robinf::4palutena::4littlemac::4link::4samus::4yoshi:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I probably won't be going to anything for a little bit, so Imma fall right off that PR.
That'll be fun! >:3

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I probably won't be going to anything for a little bit, so Imma fall right off that PR.
That'll be fun! >:3
Thing is, with how it's set up, you don't fall so you should be fine. Gova Gova hasn't been entering tournaments for a long while and he is still 10th. There seems to be no decay on the PR system @ATX_Joe is using.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Well, tbf it is a weekly. If there is decay in the future it needs to not be that harsh.

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
Final Season 2 PR is out!

Final Top 20 (including mains for everyone I know; please correct me if I'm wrong on any, or if there are any co-mains I missed):

1. SaSSy :4rob:
2. Haruki :4rob::4sheik:
3. SMS Platypus :4fox::4dedede:
4. Magik :4wario2:
5. SMS Savage :4sheik:
6. MikEffect :4ness:
7. TheRusBus :4marth:
8. Psyche :4robinf::4palutena:
9. DozingLeaf :4olimar:
10. Blue Ninjakoopa :4wiifitm::4rob::4mario:
10. Gova :4kirby:
12. Emuser :4metaknight:
13. AoS | Grandi :4luigi:
14. Zay :4link:
15. Scrub :4ness::4villager:
16. Ashen :4villager:
17. AoS | MassKirbycide :4megaman::4gaw:
18. Ditto:4mario:
19. Hakii :4samus:
20. Peru :4luigi::4wario::4littlemac:

Not a whole lot changed in the final character rankings here; it will be interesting to see where things go now that the balance patch is out and we say farewell to Haruki and Uho!

Here's the character breakdown as it stands:
3x:4rob:
2x:4ness::4wario2::4luigi::4sheik::4mario::4villager:
1x:4fox::4dedede::4wiifitm::4olimar::4kirby::4megaman::4marth::4metaknight::4gaw::4robinf::4palutena::4littlemac::4link::4samus:

Final thoughts on Season 2: it was definitely a fun season! I'm slowly starting to lose my competitive drive (which is reflected in my steadily-declining results over the course of the season), but I really do enjoy coming in and playing with you guys. I'm not sure I'll attend as much in season 3 (especially as I start ramping up my training for marathon), but I'll definitely try to show up and at least play some friendlies with y'all! Congrats to SaSSy on finishing on top this season!

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Aww, Uho's leaving?

Damn, I wanted to eventually beat him once, took him to game 3 in bracket and it was pretty clsoe :/

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt3.jpg

Hello, everybody! Xyro here. Texas Gaming Championships, the largest smash tournament series in Texas, is proud to announce its 5th event! December 5th, 2015 is the date. This time around, there is a new venue, character challenge, $1000 pot bonus ($500 for 1vs1 and 2vs2) and much more!

If you would like to play with the best players in Texas as well as be apart of the largest Smash 4 tournament series in the entire Southwest, please go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...bonus-wiifit-palutena-link-houston-tx.419208/

If you have any questions or concerns, please post in the link provided above or message/tag me.

Oracle

Smash Master
THIS SATURDAY is the TLoc 1K for Smash 4 in DFW! Smash 4 Singles and Doubles, with singles getting a guaranteed $1000 pot with top 8 payout; possibly even more if we break 100 entrants. Players are coming from all over Texas, so be sure to come take part in Dallas' latest regional event! Message me if you need additional information

Facebook Event

Mike2

Smash Ace
Shaun, I don't know what the Wii U can do. Is there a way to set up all that crazy awesome music you used to have? I feel like it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Nah, no one has been able to crack the Wii U yet so there is no Homebrew to put on custom music afaik.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
If they can streamline the process to make it easier than Brawl I might consider doing it. I've got lots of good music, to put on stages. Hopes and Dreams from Undertale is going on Smashville for sure.

Last edited:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Oh man that's disappointing. I loved hearing people's custom music. Especially whenever you go to events or in replays on YouTube.

Sidenote: Now that you guys have had a year to play the game, would you say it's worth investing time into?

Last edited:

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
Oh man that's disappointing. I loved hearing people's custom music. Especially whenever you go to events or in replays on YouTube.

Sidenote: Now that you guys have had a year to play the game, would you say it's worth investing time into?
I'd say it is, but it'll definitely feel up and down, at least it did for me. Sometimes you'll really love it, and sometimes you'll say "meh".

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Oh new people! *waves* I don't have a 3v3 team so I'm open.
*waves back* Thanks Locuan! Our team would just need one more person I suppose.

Do you know anyone else who might be able? I might be able to find someone, but I'm not on too much social medias'...

I'll report back if I find someone.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
*waves back* Thanks Locuan! Our team would just need one more person I suppose.

Do you know anyone else who might be able? I might be able to find someone, but I'm not on too much social medias'...

I'll report back if I find someone.
Maybe Alex, but I'm unsure. I'd have to ask him.

DarkPrime25

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkPrime25
So the Come and Take It tourney...do we just have to be there by 11:30 in order to register? No pre-registering online or anything? If so count me in.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Massive update on TGC 5! Please read!

Texas's largest Smash 4 tournament series, TGC, is having its 5th event (Dec 5th) and it is just 24 days away!

With a $1000 pot bonus split between 1vs1 and 2vs2 and the highest number of out-of-state players a TGC event has ever seen, TGC 5 is looking like it may hit 200+ entrants! Wow!!!

In terms of high level Tx skill, we have the normal: MegaFox, Trela, Wall, GrimTurtle, Karna, Denti, Gnes and more...

But as for out-of-state confirmed players? Behold!

1. Ryo (best Ike in USA
2. Zenyou (best/2nd best Mario in USA)
3. Dabuz (best Rosalina in USA)
4. Scizor (best link in USA)
5. SM (extremely good Cali Ike)
6. SECRET!
7. SECRET!

Having these powerhouse players come to TGC is a massive opportunity for all of us. This is our chance to get premium practice from the best of the best as well as show them what Texas is made of. Whether you are good or bad, top level or low level, PLEASE play these players and make them feel welcome is the best Smash 4 city in Texas! Just think, a mini national in your own state.

Also, due to this event exploding in a way i never saw coming. I am in great need of 2 things:

1. Full setups (WiiU/Tv/Smash 4). Any person who bring a full set-up to TGC 5 will not have to pay a venue fee. If you bring a partial set-up (WiiU+smash 4 but no TV or TV but no WiiU+smash 4) you will get half off venue fee. Guys/Girls, I seriously need your help with setups. No joke.

2. Volunteers. Once an event hits 150 or more players, time management and overall event control gets more difficult. If you wish to help report matches, stop friendlies, help setup/break down the venue or just be more involved with TO duties at TGC, please contact me ASAP.

Another topic is that of recording. TGC 5 will be recorded by yours truly.

If you have any questions or concerns or just wanna chat, message me.

Twitter: Xyro77 Xyro77
Facebook: Allan Xyro Sims
Smashboards: Xyro77 Xyro77

Wanna talk to others about TGC 5? Wanna learn more info about rules, stages and other stuff? Go here: smashboards.com/threads/dec-5-2015-tgc-5-1000-pot-bonus-zenyou-ryo-dabuz-scizor-and-more-houston-tx.419208/

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Locuan Locuan , could you let me know when the matches from last night are uploaded? I really want to watch my set vs. Sassy again. Also hope you're feeling better!

Top Bottom