• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
On the monday night weeklies, how much is it to enter and what are the prizes?
$2 to enter and it alternates between free and paid tourneys. Sometimes there are special tourneys like doubles only which we had last night, or the Mewtwo only one coming up. Standard 60/30/10 payout.

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
We're currently hoping to start sooner and possibly finding a new venue. So if any of y'all know of a place, feel free to pitch it to me.
I know of a venue we can use, it's smaller than dlair but has good internet. They're also only open till midnight, but could possibly start earlier there and they stretch hours past midnight often. I've run one P:M tourny there as a test run, but didn't do any more cause life stuff happened, but everything went rather smoothly and there's an awesome BBQ place next door. Hit me up on skype (daniel.jonathan77) if you want more details, I'd be interested in co-TO'ing since I love being a TO but just dont have time to do it all myself.

Last edited:

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
I know of a venue we can use, it's smaller than dlair but has good internet. They're also only open till midnight, but could possibly start earlier there and they stretch hours past midnight often. I've run one P:M tourny there as a test run, but didn't do any more cause life stuff happened, but everything went rather smoothly and there's an awesome BBQ place next door. Hit me up on skype (daniel.jonathan77) if you want more details, I'd be interested in co-TO'ing since I love being a TO but just dont have time to do it all myself.
I messaged you on Skype.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Your mother.

Seriously though, it's amazing that you'd post now. I was just thinking about you the other day.
Smash 4, I still play Olimar. Also playing Story of Seasons, Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS, Majora's Mask, Bravely Default, Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 4 U, and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5, among other things.
How about you?

Last edited:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I got a Wii U and Smash like...two weeks ago. Been in Austin bought a year. I was wondering if you were still around when I posted.

CF, Kirby and TL in that order. Mii Brawler over all three of them though because he's fun as ****.

I posted because it's hard as **** finding people to play online. I need people better than me so I can get better, for no reason other than because it's Smash and I have to at least be better than casuals. When have you been up to?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Kay, so I'm ready to start learning to Smash 4.
1. Are there recordings of the streams at the monthlies somewhere? I need videos to study. :I
2. Are DL weeklies still going on?
3. Why the frick is there Captain Falcon in that lineup, Jowii? TOO MANY GODDAMNED FALCONS!! *eats table*

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Austin unfortunately doesn't have any good content, the twitch stuff is glitchy and will get deleted soon and much of the YouTube stuff wasn't properly recorded. We need Tourney Locator-style streaming, but I understand that costs a lot. Maybe we should get UTSmash to help us out.

Or we could go to Dallas and jack all of TLOC's equipment. :demon:

Last edited:

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Austin unfortunately doesn't have any good content, the twitch stuff is glitchy and will get deleted soon and much of the YouTube stuff wasn't properly recorded. We need Tourney Locator-style streaming, but I understand that costs a lot. Maybe we should get UTSmash to help us out.

Or we could go to Dallas and jack all of TLOC's equipment. :demon:
We've been working on the stream setup with our warehouse friendlies. Each time seems to be getting better! The only issue we seemed to have last week was game volume was too loud. Are you able to make it out to the warehouse on Wed night?

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
We've been working on the stream setup with our warehouse friendlies. Each time seems to be getting better! The only issue we seemed to have last week was game volume was too loud. Are you able to make it out to the warehouse on Wed night?
No time during this week or next week, I'll be preparing for final exams and writing final papers. Sorry. :< After the 17th though I'll have a lot more spare time.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It was nice getting to play a non-Olimar character in a serious match for once. Helped me learn/remember some of the basics. ^^
...but I pray y'all don't do one of those for Lucas. XD

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
There's CF in my lineup because since Melee I've been playing Cpt Fabulous and FINALLY he's viable. Lol. PM your number so we can link up. I play online regularly. When I get a GC controller, I might need some real competition.

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Hey guys! I forgot to advertise on here, but we're hosting a regional on the last weekend of May! We're going to be doing Melee and Smash 4, each having a pot bonus for singles. We are running pre-registration right now whichhas the venue fee $5 cheaper than at the door, and we are capping each singles event at 128, so make sure you get your spot. Hope to see y'all then. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or hit me on on FB (Matthew Regan).

http://smashboards.com/threads/may-30-2015-come-and-take-it-a-two-day-smash-4-and-melee-regional-austin-tx.398261/

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
DBA 4 IS MAY 16TH IN DALLAS, TX!
This is looking like one of the most stacked events Texas has had to date! Larry Lurr (AKA DEHF) will be attending, as well as top players from all over Texas!

In addition to the singles and doubles tournament, there will be an Amiibo event! This is the first major Amiibo tournament DFW has seen, so if you want to put your amiibo to the test, this is the event for you!

There will also be bounties on top players; if you can take a game or set off DFW's top 4 or Larry, then you can win up to $50 of store credit to use at FX Game Exchange! Click here for more details

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Quick update: Due to a newly discovered space restriction, Melee will be removed from our event listings at our upcoming regional, Come And Take It. We apologize for any let down this causes, however, this allows us to focus on making our Smash 4 events that much better. We will be bumping up the initial pot bonus from $300 to $500 with an additional $300 once we hit 100 entrants. We hope to see you May 30th!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh dang, I didn't realize your hand was that bad. Hopefully those four weeks will go by quickly and you can start playing again.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Wish Gova and Dozingleaf could've made it. Our players are getting stronger and stronger, and it's good that San Marcos is improving alongside us.

Also, Espy called my R.O.B. "cheap" when I took a game off of him in pools. I wasn't expecting that from him, and I'm a bit disappointed that I let that get to me. Sadness boyz.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
To be fair, anything that uses dthrow > uair to KO sub 80% is a bit cheesy. :applejack:

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
While the regional looked fun I definitely preferred going to NY. The Natural History Museum was the bomb.

:gova:

Last edited:
Top Bottom