• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate , is there anyway I can get control of the thread so I can update the OP with tourney stuff from the Facebook group? Unless you want to join and do it, also can you change ZSS to Fox under my main?

:gova:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I WILL NEVER GIVE CONTROL OF THIS THREAD TO ANYONE ELSE until I remember how to do it.

Someone halp.

Are you gonna come to the monthly again? It's April 18th.
Imma give you a hard "maybe".
I've been training vigorously by playing Story of Seasons. Giving me horticultural powers and ****.

EDIT: Ahh ****. I think we need a mod of this forum to change ownership.
Go grab an Smod and show them this post.

S-MOD! I HEREBY GRANT CONTROL OF THE FIRST TWO POSTS TO :gova:!
LET OUR CONTRACT BE FULFILLED!

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh, thanks! I was actually talking to Red Ryu about it. Apparently Super Mods can't do that anymore.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ladies and gents! Xyro here. Online pre-registration cut-off for the Official TGC event #2 is exactly 11 days away (TGC is 12 days away btw) and so if you plan on attending, please click the link below to purchase your venue pass AND 1vs1 pass online (please include your gamer tag in the box or as part of your real name). Pre-registering for this online guarantees that will have a seeded spot in pools/bracket. This will also allow me to post pools/brackets ahead of time to allow players a chance to see who they will fight before they walk in the door. If you do not pre-reg you won't know who you will fight ahead of time and I will just throw you into a pool/bracket at random when you sign up at the door. Remember, online pre-reg isnt mandatory but it is highly recommended. You can register at the door.

Can we beat the previous record of 209 Smash 4 1vs1 entrants that was set at TGC 1? Could we possibly do 250 this time around? Share this post on your wall and tell your friends to sign up ASAP. Let's prove once again that Houston is THE place to play Smash 4 with another recording breaking turnout!

Also, dont forget about the Mewtwo/DuckHunt challenge on post #26 on the SmashBoards page!

Edit: Make sure to read the rules. Many things have changed since TGC 1.

SWF Tournament Page
www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/

FB Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Wait, you are going over to DLair today? Sweet.

:227:
I'm getting a ride from Gobi hopefully! He and Kevin took me last time.

:gova:

edit: i think i just played Xyless on for glory, well they had the same name at least. Regardless, whoever it was, was good with a lot of different characters.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
You know what character I think is should be needs to be banned ?? Little Mac. All his smash attacks have super armor and he deals all this damage, when I hit him with all these moves he just GOESS through them and wins. Also why his d-smash hit under the ledge, and why KO punch hits through shields? Broken character if you ask me, worse then Brawl MK..

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
You know what character I think is should be needs to be banned ?? Little Mac. All his smash attacks have super armor and he deals all this damage, when I hit him with all these moves he just GOESS through them and wins. Also why his d-smash hit under the ledge, and why KO punch hits through shields? Broken character if you ask me, worse then Brawl MK..
Just grab him and throw him off the ledge = win

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Diddy still has amazing frame data, he just needs to work a bit harder for kills, which means relying more on f-smash like in Brawl.

@ D DelxDoom - How potent do you think Diddy's nerfs are?

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Breathing a sigh of relief that Mega Man looks mostly untouched. Time for me to wreck at the monthly this weekend!
This was a universal change, but Mega Man can no longer use tilts or smash attacks when holding the Metal Blade. Same with R.O.B. when holding Gyro, Link when holding bombs, etc.

It doesn't look like a huge problem, Mega Man can still pick up the blade with rising n-airs.

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
diddy is still overall broken. i have to work notably harder to KO but my neutral is just as strong. sheik and diddy are more similar now in terms of risk reward

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
This was a universal change, but Mega Man can no longer use tilts or smash attacks when holding the Metal Blade. Same with R.O.B. when holding Gyro, Link when holding bombs, etc.

It doesn't look like a huge problem, Mega Man can still pick up the blade with rising n-airs.
Yep, that's the only change that I could find. Not a huge loss for me, as I wasn't good at the inputs for smashes anyway (holding down A AND hitting the c-stick is pretty damn hard), and ftilt wasn't really any more useful than advancing/retreating shff nairs. Plus, Mega Man does retain his ability to throw a held Metal Blade while in Leaf Shield, so there are still projectile mix ups to be had, just not as many.

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
diddy KO power reduction is very noticeable. expect to live to around 150 most of the time if you don't get hit by fsmash/gimps. fsmash KOs around 120. very good changes overall.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
diddy KO power reduction is very noticeable. expect to live to around 150 most of the time if you don't get hit by fsmash/gimps. fsmash KOs around 120. very good changes overall.
Are you still going to main Diddy? Or is it time for the Mii?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
ill run piston punch whenever it's available, but in no customs, diddy is 100% my main

haven't solidified my customs plan just yet. i am worrying about rosalina in particular.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
R.O.B.'s u-throw got nerfed (now Ness is the only character with a throw that can kill under ~120%), so if you DI down throw -> u-air consistently then R.O.B. will have a hard time getting the KO, unless you run into his smash attacks or fail to avoid d-air.

On the bright side, u-throw now combos into anything at 0%. Yay. :glare:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
anyone got a link to these changes? haven't gotten to play in forever now I'm hearin bout nerfs? wut wut

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Guys, this is the guy who thinks Dr. PeePee isn't the best Falco because he used Marth to beat Armada at Apex (he also thinks PeePee doesn't use Falco anymore, when he used Falco at Apex). You can tell he's funny because he ended his post with "k bye". We need way more users like him, especially in this thread.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I see you're as much a tool as always. I don't see why I even have to explain that logic when you contradict yourself.

k bye

Top Bottom