• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Uhm... I checked the results of that tourney and it says 2-1 vs my round 1 opponent Gobi (he helped run the tourney and input our results) I double 2 stocked him

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Would anyone going to the Dlair tourney willing to be go out of the way to give me a ride? I'll buy you dinner at the Whataburger on 28th and Guad.

:gova:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I would have last week, but I was just visiting my friends for the weekend and I was staying at a place that was way out of the way. Someone should give Nick a ride for the one tomorrow through. I drove from el campo brw which is 2 hours away.

Oracle

Smash Master
Warning Received
Event pages for Aftershock are up! $3000 prize pool, 6000 sq. ft venue, and top player from across the southwest! Remember, if you are in the Top 8 of the aftershock Rankings (at tourneylocator.com/aftershockrankings), then not only do you get free entry/venue, you will be automatically qualified for the top 16 final bracket!

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/423...lter=upcoming&source=49&sid_create=2403987848

Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...m-melee-top-players-from-arlington-tx.387430/

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Mike is gonna give me a ride tomorrow so it worked out. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

Hey everybody, Xyro here. I'm dropping by to remind everybody that my Smash 4 tournament series, TGC, is hosting its first official major event on February 28th 2015 at the Le Jardin reception hall in North Houston.

If the two "The Road to TGC" events taught me anything it is that these events keep getting bigger and bigger so i project that this first official TGC event will easily cap out. In order to guarantee you a spot in the venue (and thus a chance at entering events) it is highly recommended you register online as soon as possible.

For full details on registration, fees, rules, events and times, please go to the Smashboards event link
http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...-200-pot-bonus-for-smash-4-houston-tx.384812/ or the Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371

And as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me by posting here, on Facebook or in private message. I will always respond. I hope to see you all there :)

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Soooooo I got eliminated in loser's because the T.O. recorded the match I was supposed to play as a win for the other guy, even though the match was never played.
I was sitting there so long waiting for my next match to get called. Not going to the monthly now. ><

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Soooooo I got eliminated in loser's because the T.O. recorded the match I was supposed to play as a win for the other guy, even though the match was never played.
I was sitting there so long waiting for my next match to get called. Not going to the monthly now. ><
What was the TO's response? I'll try to talk to him and hopefully this doesn't happen again. What was your tag in the tournament?

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Congrats on the win Locuan. Also, Shaun, go to the monthly and team with me for doubles pls.

edit: his tag was Dozy, I think.

edit2: also, was the tourney randomly seeded? cause Sky Pirate and Shiken ended up facing each other in the first round, which honestly sucks. It's not fun to get matched up against the people you came with.

Last edited:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Yikes. Major fail.

Last edited:

Peru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peru_El_Campeon
3DS FC
2750-1137-6520
I'm hoping to make more events, as I only live an hour away. This weekend is PAX, so I can't make it, but I do plan on attending any events I can! I look forward to playing Austin's best Smashers!

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Congrats on the win Locuan. Also, Shaun, go to the monthly and team with me for doubles pls.

edit2: also, was the tourney randomly seeded? cause Sky Pirate and Shiken ended up facing each other in the first round, which honestly sucks. It's not fun to get matched up against the people you came with.
Thanks :) I'm also talking to the TO. I'm awaiting his response regarding both topics.

Last edited:

Mark Raquepo

Smash Rookie
Yeah that was completely my fault man. I dunno what happened but yeah it was a rookie mistake and something I will focus on in the future. I completely understand if you don't want to participate in any future events. The other admins of our group are trying to better the scene and grow into something everyone will enjoy.

Yeah it was randomly seeded. We're still kinda new in the TO community and actually we didnt know about seeding properly until recently. It's something we're going to look in on in the future. Hopefully we'll get it right by our monthly this Saturday

Last edited by a moderator:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yeah it was randomly seeded. We're still kinda new in the TO community and actually we didnt know about seeding properly until recently. It's something we're going to look in on in the future. Hopefully we'll get it right by our monthly this Saturday
I unfortunately didn't get to attend but that's just what I heard from them. Random seeding is fine, I guess they just got unlucky. Hopefully I'll get to make it to the monthly.

Last edited:

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
I'm sorry to hear that Shaun. Stuff happens I guess. I hope you still go tho

Good stuff to locuan for the tourney win. Hyped for this Saturday but I need a doubles partner cause I'm lonely.

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Do you come from north austin? I'll team with if you want, and can give me a ride.

edit: since mages sanctum is south austin.

Last edited:

Mark Raquepo

Smash Rookie
I unfortunately didn't get to attend but that's just what I heard from them. Random seeding is fine, I guess they just got unlucky. Hopefully I'll get to make it to the monthly.

we've been getting a lot of poop for randomly seeding. So yeah we're gonna try to implement it asap

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Random seeding better than no seeding, esp when the scene is too new to gauge skill level. I'm not exactly sure how the old Austin TO's and the Houston TO's do it, but I believe there is a way to seed by region as well as skill level.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yeah that was completely my fault man. I dunno what happened but yeah it was a rookie mistake and something I will focus on in the future. I completely understand if you don't want to participate in any future events. The other admins of our group are trying to better the scene and grow into something everyone will enjoy.
I was slightly upset that it happened at first, but I was being a baby. It's a free tournament, and I only missed out on a bit of experience. I had a good time otherwise.
I'm not attending the tournament until I go to a few more fests there, but I'm still going to come to things. ^^

Iocuan, did you play Diddy or am I thinking of someone else?

EDIT: BTW. Shiken almost won our set. Reflected my purple Usmash with Palutena first round and almost won the second with Dedede.

EDIT2: And yes, my tag was "Dozy".

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Honestly the random seeding at the tourney I went to did not bother me. It is a particularly new game, so I expected it. If you do not do random seeding, there will still be people complaining. I think it's a lose lose, but definitely do your best for cash tournies. Freebies don't matter as much.

On another note, I'm still struggling to find my main. No one feels really comfortable to play for me unless it's ganon, and I'm fine with that until I get camped. :( Although Falco is a strong candidate, but his lasers suck.

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I was slightly upset that it happened at first, but I was being a baby. It's a free tournament, and I only missed out on a bit of experience. I had a good time otherwise.
I'm not attending the tournament until I go to a few more fests there, but I'm still going to come to things. ^^

Iocuan, did you play Diddy or am I thinking of someone else?

EDIT: BTW. Shiken almost won our set. Reflected my purple Usmash with Palutena first round and almost won the second with Dedede.

EDIT2: And yes, my tag was "Dozy".
That reflected usmash was sexy as hell. But it will probably never happen again ;0;
...and we didn't save the reply... or did we? god only knows whose wii u it was though.
I don't remember the D3 match being close, but whateva.
I'll probably hold another smashfest Sunday night if anyone is interested.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Well @ BloodyBoom BloodyBoom and I got 2nd in doubles. Lost to Denti and his teammate twice, once in winners finals and once in grand finals. Both sets went to game 5. Lots of close call throughout the entire bracket though.

Last edited:

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
http://challonge.com/ATXMonthlyJanDoubles/standings

Should be 3-2 for both sets vs Denti/FTP but oh well. Yeah it was crazy, lots of heart pounders throughout the whole bracket. Nick won so many 1v2s it was ridiculous. Also we gimped Denti about 3-4 times today or something. Kirby Dair -> footstool is absurd.

I need to learn Sheik tho :/ Falcon's recovery is just bad in doubles.

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Not sure if there's gonna be a thread on smash boards but thanks @ Mark Raquepo Mark Raquepo for hosting. No complaints other than that it was hard to find time for food. :(

And it was nice meeting you @ Locuan Locuan .

Unfortunately since I worked the night shift on Friday, I only had like 2 hours of sleep so I passed out in a chair after doubles was over. Definitely looking forward to the next one though.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Sorry I could not talk to you longer @ Gova Gova , @ BloodyBoom BloodyBoom . I am still incredibly tired since I have not slept for almost a day. I hope I can make it up to you guys next time around. Anyways congrats on second in teams!

Peru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peru_El_Campeon
3DS FC
2750-1137-6520
Any Austin players going to the Woodlands tourney this weekend?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh, well I mean I'd like to go and my offer still stands for anyone that gives me a ride. I'll treat them to a meal at the Whataburger on 28th and Guad.

Mark Raquepo

Smash Rookie
Alright I'm still new to Smashboards so I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post the tourney results but hey better here than nowhere :D

(and apparently I dont have the ability to post links or something so work with me guys haha)

Singles: challonge .com /ATXMonthlyJan
Doubles: chalonge .com /ATXMonthlyJanDoubles
Amiibo Tourney: challonge .com /amiiboaustin
and just in case anyone wanted to know..... Two Dolla Slices is my amiibo <3

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Alright I'm still new to Smashboards so I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post the tourney results but hey better here than nowhere :D

(and apparently I dont have the ability to post links or something so work with me guys haha)

Singles: challonge .com /ATXMonthlyJan
Doubles: chalonge .com /ATXMonthlyJanDoubles
Amiibo Tourney: challonge .com /amiiboaustin
and just in case anyone wanted to know..... Two Dolla Slices is my amiibo <3
Do you know how to make a results thread

Top Bottom