• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It feels like... they nerfed Ike.
Also nerfed the crap out of Olimar, but IT'LL WORK.

...IDK why they made it so Toon Link's shield blocks Oli Fsmash, though. :<

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
(Kerg here too lazy to swap accounts) Totally agree with you on the Ike bit.. he feels even SLOWER somehow.. However they seem to really be playing up his heaviness as I'm finding myself not getting knocked around as much. One beefy dude!

Anyone else trying Robin? She's a little difficult to get the hang of but seems like she has a pretty decent moveset (yes I said she, Tactician is canon female in my heart ;< )

Also FIERCE DEITY LINK :DDD

So when do weeklies start again

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I'm moving back to ATX from Houston in late November/early December. Who is still left there from the old days of early Brawl? I know Zigsta Zigsta went off to Disney.

Last edited:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Now we're talking.

I'm moving back to ATX from Houston in late November/early December. Who is still left there from the old days of early Brawl? I know Zigsta Zigsta went off to Disney.
I don't know who was here then but everybody is different I think. Joel might have been there in the early days.

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
How's Ganon?
IDK, I haven't tried him yet. Still working at unlocking chars and getting used to Oli. ^^;

(Kerg here too lazy to swap accounts) Totally agree with you on the Ike bit.. he feels even SLOWER somehow.. However they seem to really be playing up his heaviness as I'm finding myself not getting knocked around as much. One beefy dude!

Anyone else trying Robin? She's a little difficult to get the hang of but seems like she has a pretty decent moveset (yes I said she, Tactician is canon female in my heart ;< )

Also FIERCE DEITY LINK :DDD

1. His Fair has like... really weird range. It feels like a second Nair or something now.

2. IDK what to think of Robin. S/he has a cool moveset, but the "tomes breaking" thing should not apply to a recovery move. ><;

3. Male Tactician x Chrom is canon.

4. Whenever y'all want to start having 'em.

Also, Magicant with "Smiles and Tears" for best stage.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Nope! It's like playing on a Classic Controller sans C-stick, soooo... Might as well just stick with it.

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I stand corrected. Are you still playing Smash? I assume so, since you're on here. How do you feel about Bowser being high tier this time around?
Yep! It's gonna take a while to get used to his new gameplay but overall I dig the changes.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Looks balanced to me, those kids just need to git gud

who cares if thunder comes out frame 2 and gnw is invincible during the bucket, and that it breaks shields, just ADAPT.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Woah it's invincible? Can it be used like Olimars whistle now or is the cool down too slow?

Last edited:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Oh you just mean invincible while he's absorbing? I thought you meant that the move had some kind of invincibility by itself.

I want to try little mac so bad. I think that will be my low tier charater.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Houston's first major Smash 3ds event, The Road to TGC, is going down in 22 days (November 1st)! Official rules and games (Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X+Y and Smash 3ds) are locked in as well as a few free perks like no venue fee and free food if you decide to go.

This new generation of Houston tournaments will forge the way for TX to become one of the absolute best states to be smashing in but it can only happen if you support us like you did during the Brawl ages with HOBO and WHOBO. So please come on out to The Road to TGC, make friends, have fun, get better, earn some PR points and maybe make a little money too. I hope to see you guys soon.

PS: ill money match any Lucina/Marth with my Lucina.

The Road to TGC Smashboards page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/
The Road to TGC Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

edit: Just like i said to the other cities ive posted this in, if any one of you make top 3 in smash 4 singles, ill let you into all events for free at the next TGC you attend.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
In Route

I need a partner. A partner for the new smash 4; specifically the Wii U version. A partner, who has a deep hunger to become one of the best in this game. Someone whose commitment is so tightly rooted, that they don’t even flinch to go to an OOS tournament; given they have the resources. Somebody who preferably lives in Florida, however, I will not hesitate to play Wi-Fi.

Now, aspiring to reach the skill of a Mango, M2k, Armada, DR. PP, Zero, Nairo, Otori, 9B, Nietono, Ally, Anti, DEHF, Gnes, ADHD, Razer, and for my Florida peeps: Esam, Nickriddle, Hungrybox, HRNUT, Red Halberd, Shaky, and Seibrik is in a nutshell, not good enough. We have to be better. However great they are in their respective games, we have to be ten times better. If you think this is too great a task, then fine, I am not speaking to you.

Have you ever wanted anything in life, anything, so bad, so strongly, whether it is a job, women, monetary achievement, or whatever you could imagine; that nothing, I mean nothing, could dissuade you from pursuing that goal? I don’t know about you, but mines is becoming the best at Smash 4. Something like bribing a GameStop employee $500 to get a copy of the game a week early is the level of commitment I’m talking about. I know, I know it’s bad. If you didn’t know GameStop can receive games weeks before release.

Let’s be very clear; I want to use this game as a platform to further my education. If the game turns out to be truly viable at the competitive level; then I will see the game through however long it receives coverage. My goal is to be the best, but it is also to be the best so I can pay my way through school and rid myself of student debt. I’m only a junior so I don’t have much to begin with, but still, I want it gone.

I don’t want this game to consume your life. I don’t want you to be homeless, and be playing Smash 4 as a vagabond. No, homelessness will not be tolerated. In any sport there is practice, and Smash wouldn’t be any different. Somebody who can dedicate roughly 20 to 30 hours a week in intense training would be choice. And, come on guys, we sometimes hammer away entire Friday night’s and Saturdays playing with our best buds, so dedicating time to train in not unrealistic. A Saito to my Kenshin, a Vegeta to Goku, a Kuwabara to Yusuke; a fierce rivalry needs to be born between us. This way we can keep each other in check to make sure we don’t fall behind. Every tournament we go to, we won’t be satisfied with anything, but first place. Gotta’ go to Apex for sure.

November the 21st is D-Day, or earlier if you can land it. Be prepared, because there will be loss on this journey, but every fall will make us want it that much more. We’re going to be the first ones at the venue and the last ones to leave. Smash will test us at every turn to see if we are deemed fit enough to see the top, but if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I implore you to stand beside me. I know I am not a quitter, and I know you aren’t either. If you’re interested DM me.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That's uhh... quite a speech there...

Anyway, how many of y'all got Smash 4? After playing with Chris the other day, I'd like to start WIFIing with some of y'all until we start playing offline.

ALSO, THIS IS INCREDIBLE.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Guys... I might not get this for a while. ;-;

I'll probably play for the first time at a fest.

Also DBZ TCG is back. JOEL AND COLLIN PLEASE CHECK IT OUT. ITS GOOD.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
1590-4884-8497

BTW. If any of you decides on a Smash 4 main, let me know so I can update the OP. ^^

Last edited:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably still be sticking with kirby / dedede.

I haven't really kept up much with smash since the release, due to all my free time being taken up by archeage. are tournaments running with character customization off or on normally? I would think off, but who knows.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
4441-8319-2319

Adding Shiken and Sky Pirate as soon as I can get my 3ds an internet connection(which is not here)

We really need to start having weeklies or some sort of Austin get together. The scene here cant be this dead.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Exactly 7 days from now will be Houston’s largest smash 4 event, The Road to TGC 1. After looking at the pre-reg tickets, this event is looking like it will beat (attendance wise) every Brawl event I’ve done in 2012, 2013 and 2014. This could be record setting smash 4 numbers for Houston and maybe even Texas so please come on out, have fun, get good at smash 4 and make friends!!!!

Oh also, The Road to TGC 1 is featuring tournaments for Pokemon X/Y as well as Mario Kart 8. Having all 3 of these games require a lot of equipment so I am begging you to please bring a console/handheld, a game (kart/pkmn/smash) and a TV (only for kart). These are called “full set-ups.” If you bring a full set-up, you will have extra time to do casual matches, money matches and help the event not run until midnite. Also, if you bring a full set-up, I will try and compensate you in some way once the official TGC series launches in Feb.

For more info on The Road to TGC, please go to the following links. Be sure to click “join” or “I am attending” so I can get a more accurate idea of who all is coming.

SWF tournament page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/

Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
My 3DS FC is 2191-8159-0832

I'm usually on everyday so hit me up if you want to play.

Top Bottom