• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
He's a french canadian and would have a big accent,
My spoken english is simply incomprehensible =| (but I agree, it would have been a good idea to make a voice version)

and his english isn't one of the best I've seen (no offense phil)
Bah, as long as mine is not as bad as yours :p

anyway, he kinda left smash and won't do anymore vids so sorry joeshmoe
Bah, I'm as much on the board anyway >_> *sigh*

i thought wak was a girl from the photo...oh...my bad. that sux that hes not doing smash nemore, though.:(
No, this girl is someone I know (IRL, of course), and I though she deserved an highlight.

Meinewenigkeit

Smash Rookie
Very nice vid, really! ;)

But what`s about the players who dont use X or Y to jump and use UP instead. I think it`s hardfor them to learn techniques like the wavedash :(

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
True. I use up, and my wavedashin is more like wave landing. I tried to use Y but it was the same case. I notice in other peoples wavedash. you cant even see them lift off the ground.

Hiko

Smash Rookie
Very nice vid, really! ;)

But what`s about the players who dont use X or Y to jump and use UP instead. I think it`s hardfor them to learn techniques like the wavedash :(
I use to use the up all the time. But it I like the x more now. Use the up for big jumps and use x for short jump that what i do. It really hard to use the up for short jump.:psycho:

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Wak I made 30 Dvd's of your videos and was wondering If it was ok to give them out at my school alot people play smash but dont know about the boards and I put that info in the end of video.

Best101

Smash Ace
I've watch all three vids, and I've learned one new thing about teching (I'm talking about the one where can tech while recovering to the stage. I can really put that to good use). Are there any how to play vids on how to play a specific character, like Falco?

xanderWii

Smash Rookie
very nice video.. Helped clear up some techniques i didn't quite understand from just reading. Thanks!

NiVeK

Smash Rookie
Whoa; thanx for these great videos :D

I was addicted to SSB on the N64, then to SSBM on the GC and now you've provided me a way to get new life into SSBM :)
Gonna get the game from under the dust right away and start practicing some moves.

Thx man! :grin:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
These videos are what made me want to play smash again. They also helped my friends a lot too. Thanks Wak.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
This video is great for begginers. I would have learned the advanced techniques much faster with the help of these videos than I did by reading guides. Good job man!

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Hey Wak, I need to download those for a friend who doesn't have internet then put them on a DVD, but the file wasn't found on any of the download sites, could upload the full thing to filefront or something?

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Those videos are actually the nuts. Anyone relatively new to the game should definitely watch these and prolly a couple times over. I just started with all this about a week ago and I can already do most of the basics pretty well but I needed a good look at some uses for everything to help my game. The videos are done so well and really paint a picture of what should be going on.

Also props to AlphaZealot for being a really good writer. You sure know how to put things into words that new people like myself can easily understand. Glad to see there are some experts out there willing to share their knowledge and put that kinda time in explaining. :)

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
These are the best video's ever made for new smashers. Thank you so much for making this. I am gonna keep practicing these to hone my skills with them. Again, thanks so much!

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
thank you so much for this. This actually shows how you can wavedash and shhfl with examples of how to do it. This makes me actually want to learn to shhfl.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this already exists, but... I THINK I found a new technique. When you dash, then crouch-cancel, you can do your D-smash. This wasn't mentioned in the video, so, yeah. This might help with Peach players or could be used as a fast edge-guard.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
That's crouch cancelling... Mabye AHTP 4 could be character specific techniques (djcing, kirbyciding...)?

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not sure if this already exists, but... I THINK I found a new technique. When you dash, then crouch-cancel, you can do your D-smash. This wasn't mentioned in the video, so, yeah. This might help with Peach players or could be used as a fast edge-guard.
AHTP part 3, from 1:15 to 2:12

When I say that it can "let you do any attack immediatly", it also means you can downsmash immediatly.

I'm not making any part 4

AsWater

Smash Rookie
Just here as a newcomer to these here forums to give thanks. Too bad you're not making a part 4 seeing as you got me psyhced up when I saw in your YouTube description that you were despite the credits.

Either way, thanks again. As soon as I'm done here I'll be practicing!

Fire7Man7Dan7

Smash Rookie
Very impressive video set bud. I'm impressed. I have always had trouble teaching people the advanced tactics and moves in smash and this video sums them up better than I could ever dream of. I even learned a thing or two. Thanks again for the awesome vids! :-D

DonEdgardo

Smash Cadet
i have already seen this video before joining smashboards.com, nice to know it was some1 from the forum! ty and 1000 kudos for you.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
My AHTP is now 1 year old! Thanks for;

Youtube:
AHTP part 1: 99 092 Views, 883 Ratings, 476 Comments, 1745 Favored
AHTP part 2: 66 651 Views, 460 Ratings, 112 Comments, 1122 Favored
AHTP part 3: 57 325 Views, 458 Ratings, 189 Comments, 969 Favored

Google video total views: 45 500 views
Downloaded: over 50 000 downloads

I THINK I will make an AHTP for SSBB. But I'll put the video on metacafe.com instead... Because I'd like to make some money out of so much work.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i watchd this video longg time ago but its what set me off onto becomin a professional and im going to smashfest soon and i will become known sooner or later so thank you WAK

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I'm showing this to a lot of noob smashers at college and they're already improving... maybe some of them will have the guts to MM me, I hope so.

Top Bottom