• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
While following Jesse's Guide To Modding Wiis, I noticed he linked to this page, https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ink85rnjm68r3/20XX_Melee_Mods, which doesn't have the newest version listed. He asks me to download any of the files and extract the "games" folder into my SD card but this will surely give me an outdated version, won't it? Does anyone know how to get a more recent version of the "games" folder?
Download root files on the OP. Instructions included to make the ISO. place it in SD:\games\GALE01\game.iso

Cyan Tech

Smash Rookie
Hey if anyone sees this I was just gonna ask how hard it is to change the cpu AI? I have noticed some things I think it'd be pretty easy to program, but I'm sure I'm going see more things soon. If it's not too hard I can learn to do it myself and submit it here, otherwise I'm just gonna write down a bunch of the stuff I noticed and how I'd go about the logic for the programming and if it gets implemented cool, and if not, This is still currently the best melee AI in the world, which is a big deal, Well done Achilles.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Just chiming in with another suggestion, this time relating to the hurt boxes. Could we have the ability to change the transparency value of them? I like to have them on sometimes when training, but at the same time don't since my overlays don't really mix well. From the looks of it a 30% increase in transparency would do the trick.

L.O.S.T.30-3

Smash Cadet
Just chiming in with another suggestion, this time relating to the hurt boxes. Could we have the ability to change the transparency value of them? I like to have them on sometimes when training, but at the same time don't since my overlays don't really mix well. From the looks of it a 30% increase in transparency would do the trick.

I posted a code here that makes the hurtbox invisible except for when your invincible. I should be able to modify it so they are more transparent but still there if you want.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

I can't post a picture right now, but for 4.06 I've already added a Collision Bubble Toggles debug menu to enable/disable the displays for hitboxes, regular [yellow] hurtboxes, and invincible/intangible hurtboxes. Each of those options has a separate toggle. And there's another one for enabling different color hitboxes for different hitbox IDs.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for replies!

I posted a code here that makes the hurtbox invisible except for when your invincible. I should be able to modify it so they are more transparent but still there if you want.
I got your code used, then used the differences form Achilles1515's original code to find the differences. I then made a custom value for the opacity that I'm satisfied with.
Gecko:
Yellow colors show where the transparcy value is. Default is 80.
$Partially Visible Hurtbox
C200A264 0000000C
3CC0804D 3FC0FFFF
63DE0041 83BB227C
57BD018D 4182003C
8BBB227A 2C1D0000
41820014 3FC0FF80
63DE0041 83BB19BC
48000010 3FC000FF
63DEFF41 83BB23A0
3C003F80 7C1D0000
40820008 3BDEFFC0
93C636AC 7CBD2B78
60000000 00000000

Here is how it looks ingame(No overlays):

I can still see the hurtboxes edges clearly while moving fast to train spacing.

With an overlay:
Edges still clearly shown while also allowing for the overlay to be clearly seen.

P.S. It would be possible to keep the overlays at like 70% opacity and still have the overlay work pretty well if you have the hurtboxes set to a netrual grey

Last edited:

powergamer

Smash Apprentice
Couldnt find this on the OP or in the FAQ

Both mine and my friends 20XX iso have this issue where the entire display window is shifted to the right, cause the outer most right side to be slightly cut off and the left side to be filled with black where the window should be. This occurs at launch when it tells you no memory card is found as the dialog box is shifted to the right

The game is still playable though it is pretty off putting to have the screen like that. I can post pictures if this is an uncommon issue

Sointesnes

Smash Rookie
Dolphin is dropping a few fps when I play, and my audio isnt working as well. any solutions?

R3d91

Smash Rookie
NNID
r3d-91
3DS FC
4785-5164-6276
does anyone know how to fix the xdelta application so that then itll will work on x32 bit processors? or could someone send me to a link where i could download the x32 bit compatible file? any help will be of great use. thank you whoever will help. it seems as though xdelta is made to work with both x32 bit and x64 bit processors, yet i get a incompatible message, and then my file wont finish up as 20xx. it seems to just end up as vanilla melee

Last edited:

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
has anyone made a CSS file with all the skins visible on the screen? i tried downloading one n it was all in pieces instead of one file

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ed94 Ed94 L.O.S.T.30-3 L.O.S.T.30-3
Ed, that post you linked lists the offsets for the collision bubble colors.
Code:
804d36ac - yellow hurtboxes [ffff0080]
Gecko codes:
Ex. Magenta Hurtboxes, 50% opacity
044d36ac ff00ff80

Ex. Yellow hurtboxes, 0% opacity
044d36ac ffff0000

This is the new menu I was talking about.
Capture.PNG

BUT...you now give me no choice in having to redo the whole thing. Instead of binary ON/OFF values, I'll just make it change the opacity for each of the collision bubble types. That way, the user can turn them completely off with 0% opacity or do anything else up to 100%. Thanks for bringing up that people could have use for this.

Dolphin is dropping a few fps when I play, and my audio isnt working as well. any solutions?
Sounds like you need a better computer.
Couldnt find this on the OP or in the FAQ

Both mine and my friends 20XX iso have this issue where the entire display window is shifted to the right, cause the outer most right side to be slightly cut off and the left side to be filled with black where the window should be. This occurs at launch when it tells you no memory card is found as the dialog box is shifted to the right

The game is still playable though it is pretty off putting to have the screen like that. I can post pictures if this is an uncommon issue
Never heard of this. Are you using Dios Mios or Nintendont? I would find someone whose 20XX works good, copy your ISO onto their SD/USB, and if it plays fine then you know something with your homebrew launcher is borked.

Last edited:

L.O.S.T.30-3

Smash Cadet
Code:
Gecko codes:
044d36ac ff00ff80

044d36ac ffff0000

View attachment 112769

BUT...you now give me no choice in having to redo the whole thing. Instead of binary ON/OFF values, I'll just make it change the opacity for each of the collision bubble types. That way, the user can turn them completely off with 0% opacity or do anything else up to 100%. Thanks for bringing up that people could have use for this.

Never heard of this. Are you using Dios Mios or Nintendont? I would find someone whose 20XX works good, copy your ISO onto their SD/USB, and if it plays fine then you know something with your homebrew launcher is borked.
I feel honored to have had some influence on 20XX ( ಥ‿ಥ ) It would be really cool if there was a toggle for
Disable All In-Game GFX and Textures (1.02) [Achilles]
0405fddc 4e800020

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
Here's what I do.

How to speed up 20XX gameplay in Dolphin

First of all, if you haven't already, update to 5.0. It is better. You just can't use it on 32-bit. Sound will be weird, so don't use this for audio cues. Kill emulation, go to Dolphin config, go to the Audio tab, and set Audio Backend to "No audio output". Press OK.

Start 20XX. Play a match on FoD, lagless off (FoD is the laggiest stage). Frameskip off. You don't need to go MLG pro, just do a few things. Watch the percentage in the titlebar. This one (some things may vary):
Dolphin 5.0 | JIT64 DC | OpenGL | HLE | FPS: 60 - VPS: 60 - 100%

When it is slow, take mental note of the percentages it dips to. Do this until you find a pattern. Round that (preferably down) to a multiple of 20%, or to 50%. Mine was getting lag spikes at about 38-47% (Rockin' a 2009 MacBook :ohwell:), so I chose 40%.

Go to Dolphin config. You do not need to close 20XX. Find Speed Limit. It is in the General tab. Set it to that percent you rounded it to and hit OK.

Unfortunately, Dolphin does not allow to set this per game, so you need to set it back to 100% if you want to play another game. Or it will be sloooow.

Now, using a calculator or mental math, do 1 ÷ the percent in decimal form. So I would do 1 ÷ 0.4.
Launch 20XX if it isn't already running, then go to Debug menu and select "GENERAL CODES >". Now, go down to "GAME SPEED MULT :". Set that to the number in the calculator. In my case, it is 2.5000. Hold R to speed things up. Also make sure "SKIP RESULTS SCREEN :" is "ON". Trust me. You want it.

Now play and gameplay will be fast again. Everything else will be slow, though, but it doesn't matter as much. 20XX will be arriving much faster now. It isn't perfect, but it is better.

Kati

Smash Lord
I haven't done any tinkering since making some texture edits for 3.02, so I'm out of the loop with the mod scene. We now have a stable 20xx TE as well as 20xx 4.05 correct? Can one make a TE build using the exact same method we use for the training pack?

I'm wondering if I can still use gcr and manually replace files rather than use a method with a GC memory card to make a TE build..

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Code:
Gecko codes:
044d36ac ff00ff80

044d36ac ffff0000

View attachment 112769

I'm looking forward to 4.06!
But, I think Cyan is better than orange in hitbox ID colors because orange and is resemble yellow(hurtbox).

Also, Magenta is a color for grab box through it's an easy color to distinguish.
So about order of ID, I think ID:0 = red, 1 = green or cyan, 2 = cyan or green, 3 = magenta is better.

Last edited:

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Alright thanks Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ! Changing the colors worked great. I set it to a neutral grey. Was able to increase opacity to 73 while still being able to see the overlays.

Color Legend:
Hurtbox Hex-Color http://www.color-hex.com/ Go here to pick yours if you want one.
Transparency Value
Ram Offset for the hurtbox

$Partially Visible Hurtbox with color change for hitstun/hitlag
C200A264 0000000C
3CC0804D 3FC0E0E0
63DEE073 83BB227C
57BD018D 4182003C
8BBB227A 2C1D0000
41820014 3FC0FF6E
63DE6E71 83BB19BC
48000010 3FC0C999
63DE7E71 83BB23A0
3C003F80 7C1D0000
40820008 3BDEFFC0
93C636AC 7CBD2B78
60000000 00000000

Threads used to modify code:
Hitlag/Hitstun Hurtbox Colors
Custom Hitbox ID Colors

The Hex code is split into two parts; one 4 digit sequence, and one 2 digit sequence within the gecko code.
The transparency value is the two integers right after.
The ram offset is just which collision bubble is being modified by the gecko code.

4.06 is going to be great =3.

Last edited:

Hippe0

Smash Rookie
Hi there. First of all, i'm a really big fan of smash, it's community and especially this Melee-Hack. I'm more of a lurker but finally created an account to thank you for creating this awesome pack and also raise some sort of question (i guess).
The thing is, that Wavedashing feels a little bit weird in comparison to the older version and the original Melee Iso. In this version it feels like Project-M Wavedashing of some sorts? Sadly i can't really describe it but i hope you get what i mean. Now my question. Did you change something? Is it just me or do others experience the same problem? I play on an iMac and except for this strange Wavedashing problem/feeling everything works fine.
Huge thanks again for your great work. Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

hexandwhy

Smash Rookie
NNID
SageHane
I don't know if someone already mentioned this but is it possible to download the mod/hack on a non-English Wii? I own a Japanese Wii and I didn't know if I should bother or not.

HumanMeatPuppet

Smash Cadet
Hi there. First of all, i'm a really big fan of smash, it's community and especially this Melee-Hack. I'm more of a lurker but finally created an account to thank you for creating this awesome pack and also raise some sort of question (i guess).
The thing is, that Wavedashing feels a little bit weird in comparison to the older version and the original Melee Iso. In this version it feels like Project-M Wavedashing of some sorts? Sadly i can't really describe it but i hope you get what i mean. Now my question. Did you change something? Is it just me or do others experience the same problem? I play on an iMac and except for this strange Wavedashing problem/feeling everything works fine.
Huge thanks again for your great work. Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.
I have had no issues wavedashing on PC nor on Wii. Have you tried playing it on a Wii? Maybe your emulator is not working correctly.

Hippe0

Smash Rookie
I have had no issues wavedashing on PC nor on Wii. Have you tried playing it on a Wii? Maybe your emulator is not working correctly.
Thanks for your answer. I'll try that out. It seems that there's a tiny bit more input lag/delay on my Mac in this version. Strange.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Some things I have been noticing in 4.05:

Sheik does a weird recovery pattern where she poofs deep into the stage and aims back offstage, killing herself. This makes it much harder to practice Marth tippers on sheik because the time she actually lands onstage are even less frequent.

Sometimes in frame advance, it randomly makes characters airborne. For example, I was testing Fox up throw chaingrab stuff as Marth. So I up throw, hold the DI I want for Fox, and advance to the last frame of end lag of Marth's up throw, the very next frame, I am airborne. Another example, I was testing Marth dair vs Sheik's up b on stage as a combo option. About 50 percent of the time, Sheik was spiked into the ground directly into her missed tech state, rather than being popped up like she should when you get hit by a spike while you are grounded. I was in versus mode and had a controller in for Sheik and I wasn't touching the controller, so she did not asdi down into the ground.

This one matters a lot less than the other 2 and is probably something that is already being addressed, but the Falco AI isn't vey enjoyable to play against because it just keeps hitting you with shines that lead to nothing. If I am playing as Peach, it just takes forever to land. Then I miss space or time something and get hit by another one.

For computers double jumping out of combos, would it be possible to have some control over this in the debug menu? Changing the percentage chance of them double jumping out would be great, as would being able to adjust how far away from frame perfect that they jump out. It is great currently to practice punishing double jump reads (like Marth dthrow sheik into fsmash to steal their jump), but it makes it hard to punish what they would do if they don't double jump out (in the dthrow example, wavedashing to the ledge so you can go for a gimp).

In a similar vein to the last one, being able to adjust how far away from frame perfect spacies shine out of your combo would also be great.

I was mostly concerned about the first 2, just thought I would add the others in case they were possible. Thanks again for all the work you put into this Achilles1515 Achilles1515 it is amazing and I use it often.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Some things I have been noticing in 4.05:

Sheik does a weird recovery pattern where she poofs deep into the stage and aims back offstage, killing herself. This makes it much harder to practice Marth tippers on sheik because the time she actually lands onstage are even less frequent.

Sometimes in frame advance, it randomly makes characters airborne. For example, I was testing Fox up throw chaingrab stuff as Marth. So I up throw, hold the DI I want for Fox, and advance to the last frame of end lag of Marth's up throw, the very next frame, I am airborne. Another example, I was testing Marth dair vs Sheik's up b on stage as a combo option. About 50 percent of the time, Sheik was spiked into the ground directly into her missed tech state, rather than being popped up like she should when you get hit by a spike while you are grounded. I was in versus mode and had a controller in for Sheik and I wasn't touching the controller, so she did not asdi down into the ground.

This one matters a lot less than the other 2 and is probably something that is already being addressed, but the Falco AI isn't vey enjoyable to play against because it just keeps hitting you with shines that lead to nothing. If I am playing as Peach, it just takes forever to land. Then I miss space or time something and get hit by another one.

For computers double jumping out of combos, would it be possible to have some control over this in the debug menu? Changing the percentage chance of them double jumping out would be great, as would being able to adjust how far away from frame perfect that they jump out. It is great currently to practice punishing double jump reads (like Marth dthrow sheik into fsmash to steal their jump), but it makes it hard to punish what they would do if they don't double jump out (in the dthrow example, wavedashing to the ledge so you can go for a gimp).

In a similar vein to the last one, being able to adjust how far away from frame perfect spacies shine out of your combo would also be great.

I was mostly concerned about the first 2, just thought I would add the others in case they were possible. Thanks again for all the work you put into this Achilles1515 Achilles1515 it is amazing and I use it often.
Pretty sure that's just vanilla Sheik AI recovery that is garbage. Regarding the frame advance airborne, does this specifically occur when you are using save states?

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Pretty sure that's just vanilla Sheik AI recovery that is garbage. Regarding the frame advance airborne, does this specifically occur when you are using save states?
I wasn't saying that is was a problem with 20XX specifically, more that changing her recovery so she doesn't do that would be awesome.

Thinking about the airborne thing, I would imagine it always happens when I use a save state (it doesn't happen out of a save state, but if I load a save state, then do a marth throw, sometimes it puts me airborne)

whims

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know where the stage names are located in the MnSlMap.1sd .2sd or .3sd? i've been wanting to change a couple things but i can't find the names. it doesn't help that each file is a ridiculous length

thanks in advance

Muki

Smash Rookie
Any ideas on why i cant get hacked stages to work? Pressing down on the d pad doesnt do it, but every other feature is working perfectly

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
Any ideas on why i cant get hacked stages to work? Pressing down on the d pad doesnt do it, but every other feature is working perfectly
i have the same issue, i'd also like to know where the battlefield wii u file is located.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Disable the stupid Netplay code.
i have the same issue, i'd also like to know where the battlefield wii u file is located.
GrTCl.bat
This one was missing from the list on the OP, and is now added.

Last edited:
Top Bottom